Page 1 of 25 12310 ... LastLast

Thread: British Royal Family

British Royal Family

British and Canadian papers are reporting that HRH Prince Philip, 86, is suffering from a heart condition and was recently hospitalized. One to watch.

firegilnotguns Guest
    Hrm, hadn't heard that yet...in any case, I don't think this is the right forum for this information since this is for people who are already dead...(watch it, now that I've said that he'll die just to prove me wrong!)

SuckMyKiss Guest
    I haven't heard anything about this. STRANGE. He is actually the only royal, bar Prince William & Prince Harry, that is actually worth having, purely for the stuff that comes out of his mouth. He is classic.

SW4 Guest
    The Mirror had something on it recently; he's had a heart condition for years...must 'ave been a slow day in the press.....

TrueBlueAngel Guest
    He's had a heart condition for the past 15 years, carries medication for it and his bodyguards are trained to help him when need be. He also refuses to slow down on his duties. All reportedly, of course.

We havent had a good foot in mouth from him in a long time

Yes he has a heart condition and had it for years but he's not ready to croak it just yet sorry folks!!!

FannyB1923 Guest

British Royal Family

Not sure if I'm posting in the right place- thought it would be fun to talk about all those rumors about the British royals.

Picking a place to start: King George V, Queen Elizabeth's grandfather, was euthanized. They gave him a lethal injection of morphine and cocaine (darn similar to what killed John Belushi) He was dying and the Royal handlers decided to "time" his death so it would be in the morning papers. Seems pretty cold to me.

http://www.time.com/time/magazine/ar...963002,00.html

SinKittyVixen Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by FannyB1923 View Post
    Not sure if I'm posting in the right place- thought it would be fun to talk about all those rumors about the British royals.

Picking a place to start: King George V, Queen Elizabeth's grandfather, was euthanized. They gave him a lethal injection of morphine and cocaine (darn similar to what killed John Belushi) He was dying and the Royal handlers decided to "time" his death so it would be in the morning papers. Seems pretty cold to me.

http://www.time.com/time/magazine/ar...963002,00.html
    Oh wow, I never knew that. British royalty fascinates me! Ive always adored Queen Elizabeth! Oh, and the Tudors on showtime is an awesome show!

Adiposeur Guest
    His last words: "God damn you." Holy crap!!!

"The events happened a long time ago, and all the main participants are dead."

as tho that makes it ok. murder is murder, man i bet the poor man knew it, and it pissed him off 'royally'
    pull the string!

scootershort Guest
    there is nothing worse than white trash with money.

tarsier Guest
    Not surprising they would realize the power of the media and I'm certain this still happens today to some extent it's easier in 'third world" nations where mass communications are limited.

hotmama Guest
    i still have not understood why charles and camilla are such a scandal. he was in love with her for 35 years. sounds like true love to me. she was there way before diana was. this is why you should not marry a man who loves another woman. diana was used as a vessle to bringforth an heir to the throne. he did not love her. his parents made him marry her for the above name reason. so that goes to show what they thought of her in the first place. you can give a man all the ass in the world but that will not make him love you. i am happy he married his true love. this just goes to show how we parents should stay out of our kids' relationships.

sunshine74137 Guest
    How much is one grain? ( one grain of morphine, Cocaine)

FannyB1923 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by hotmama View Post
    this just goes to show how we parents should stay out of our kids' relationships.
    For that reason, I hope the all learned their lesson and are leaving Prince William and his girlfriend, Kate to work things out for themselves. He's almost 26 and certainly old enough to marry if he wants. They broke up and then got back together- very good sign! Also, Peter Phillips (son of Princess Anne) got married last week and William had one of those dilemmas - also had a good friend getting married the same day in another part of Europe. So William went to his buddy's wedding, and sent Kate to the cousin's wedding to "represent"
    I think they'll announce their engagement this coming fall/winter with the wedding next summer.

I feel old. If Charles & Diana had stayed together they'd be married 27 years next month.

leeny994 Guest
    i think charles should have just married ole Camilla to begin with and told them all to 'sod off'
    yes i know that was never really an option for him but......

i enjoy all the new interest in Henry VIII with the Tudors on showtime the Other Boleyn Girl etc (historical errors and everything)
    but..... uh..... no one was uh that pretty back then.... and i am fairly certain many of those people were missing a lot of teeth

FannyB1923 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by leeny994 View Post
    but..... uh..... no one was uh that pretty back then.... and i am fairly certain many of those people were missing a lot of teeth
    and nobody bathed ever (yuck!)

ozzysmom Guest
    My cousin, my mother and I stayed up all night waiting for the wedding of Charlie and Di. She was so beautiful, but she looked so sad. When Di passed away, my mother and I stayed up all night so we could watch her funeral. So sad. Especially when they showed her beloved sons walking behind her casket. Sad, sad, sad. I still miss Di, I always thought she was such a warm, wonderful, genuine person. That royal family did her wrong! Shame on them! They used her for a specific purpose, to bear the next King of England, and a back up King. Then they threw her out.

leeny994 Guest
    my heart ached when i saw Harry with the envelope holding a letter he wrote to his mother with 'mummy' written in his then child like handwriting on it.

SinKittyVixen Guest

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by leeny994 View Post
    my heart ached when i saw Harry with the envelope holding a letter he wrote to his mother with 'mummy' written in his then child like handwriting on it.

Heartbreaking!

mstee2u1972 Guest
    i still have not understood why charles and camilla are such a scandal. he was in love with her for 35 years. sounds like true love to me. she was there way before diana was. this is why you should not marry a man who loves another woman. diana was used as a vessle to bringforth an heir to the throne. he did not love her. his parents made him marry her for the above name reason. so that goes to show what they thought of her in the first place. you can give a man all the ass in the world but that will not make him love you. i am happy he married his true love. this just goes to show how we parents should stay out of our kids' relationships.
    LMAO at "you can give a man all the ass in the world but that will not make him love you". So True! I wish we could put that on a billboard along with "having a baby or two for a man will not make him love you" either. I know far too many women that think coochie coupons can save the day. Not!
    I remember an e-mail someone sent me a couple of years ago that said something along the lines of if a man loves you, nothing can keep him away, but if he doesn't want you, nothing can make him stay. These are definitely words all women need to remember, no matter what their social or economic status is.

NOVSTORM Guest
    I doubt if Princess DI was giving him ass to keep him. I think she was a little more educated than that. She thought he loved her when she married him. She was naive but I am sure the girl who became a princess in a story book wedding was not thinking that this man would cheat on her with a woman that looked as though she had been drug thru a knottypine hole. I think Charles married her only because she was threatenig him with something. Charles only loves Charles. The woman is ugly and is a lush on top of it. The only reason she doesn't cheat on him is because there is no one that hard up out there.
    People make it sound as if charlie and the pitt bull had true love lol They were nothing more and nothing less than a couple of adulterers who basically deserve each other , they have so much in common. I am sure that if he did not marry her after her husband divorced her and she had zilch left, she would have written a very tell all book LOL Hence he married her to shut her up. I simply cannot make a love story out this lol I heard that he does buy her new flea collars weekly tho

Guest Guest
    forget the dog collars he is so rich why not a face transplant and personality transplant while he is at it, maybe they will have a 2 for 1 special ugh she brings out the worst in me and I am not too keen on him either the spoiled git, but he does in some weird way seemt to be doing a good job with his sons after Diana died

lisalouver Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by mstee2u1972 View Post
    LMAO at "you can give a man all the ass in the world but that will not make him love you". So True! I wish we could put that on a billboard along with "having a baby or two for a man will not make him love you" either. I know far too many women that think coochie coupons can save the day. Not!
    I remember an e-mail someone sent me a couple of years ago that said something along the lines of if a man loves you, nothing can keep him away, but if he doesn't want you, nothing can make him stay. These are definitely words all women need to remember, no matter what their social or economic status is.
    I don't know about that.

I have seen PLENTY of men stick with some woman just because "the sex is good" or "we have kids" or "she cooks and cleans"

The punani makes men do just about anything.

lisalouver Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by NOVSTORM View Post
    I doubt if Princess DI was giving him ass to keep him. I think she was a little more educated than that. She thought he loved her when she married him. She was naive but I am sure the girl who became a princess in a story book wedding was not thinking that this man would cheat on her with a woman that looked as though she had been drug thru a knottypine hole. I think Charles married her only because she was threatenig him with something. Charles only loves Charles. The woman is ugly and is a lush on top of it. The only reason she doesn't cheat on him is because there is no one that hard up out there.
    People make it sound as if charlie and the pitt bull had true love lol They were nothing more and nothing less than a couple of adulterers who basically deserve each other , they have so much in common. I am sure that if he did not marry her after her husband divorced her and she had zilch left, she would have written a very tell all book LOL Hence he married her to shut her up. I simply cannot make a love story out this lol I heard that he does buy her new flea collars weekly tho
    ITA.

Charles and Horseface a love story?

Please.

Those two are two of the biggest frauds on the face of the earth. They make me sick. They deserve each other because they are just alike.

They ruined everything around them.

Remember when Charles phone calls to horseface came out?

He actually said in his next life he wanted to come back as her tampon.

Yup, sounds like a real love story to me.

hotmama Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by NOVSTORM View Post
    he loved camilla not diana. i do not understand why people can't accept that. what i meant by the "ass" part was this nothing including ass will make a man love a woman. camilla may be ugly but i hate to say it diana was not a looker herself. actually alot of the royals are ugly as hell. see that is what happens when you refuse to marry out the family unit. i think it was true love and you can't blame camilla because charles wanted her. also diana was a cheater also. she and charles were sexing someone other than each other. there is a rumor that prince harry does not belong to charles but he did not want a dna test. in relationships i have learned all parties are never innocent. each one has done something to cause problems or divorce.they were both guilty as sin.yes diana was naive but she should have figured it all out when charles would not and did not leave camilla alone. also she may be ugly but she is not that ugly. charles has been running up in that for 35 years. bottom line you can not make someone love you. he did not love her point blank and simple. again this was just a very sad case of parents interfering and a naive young girl who thought she could make a man love her. in other words diana was used by the royal family.

actually diana was the first to cheat in the marriage.we got a totally different slant on everything in the states. harry may not be his son, but he swears to always be his father...until harry should ever stand to be king...you think the english people will accept someone who is maybe or maybe not of 'royal blood' as king? the kid is the spitting image of her former lover, james hewitt(those guys with those ghastly looking perpetually pink cheeks lmao)

diana's father in his youth...
    Last edited by hell0kitty; 05-25-2008 at 12:16 AM.
    pull the string!

lisalouver Guest
    he loved camilla not diana. i do not understand why people can't accept that. what i meant by the "ass" part was this nothing including ass will make a man love a woman. camilla may be ugly but i hate to say it diana was not a looker herself. actually alot of the royals are ugly as hell. see that is what happens when you refuse to marry out the family unit. i think it was true love and you can't blame camilla because charles wanted her. also diana was a cheater also. she and charles were sexing someone other than each other. there is a rumor that prince harry does not belong to charles but he did not want a dna test. in relationships i have learned all parties are never innocent. each one has done something to cause problems or divorce.they were both guilty as sin.yes diana was naive but she should have figured it all out when charles would not and did not leave camilla alone. also she may be ugly but she is not that ugly. charles has been running up in that for 35 years. bottom line you can not make someone love you. he did not love her point blank and simple. again this was just a very sad case of parents interfering and a naive young girl who thought she could make a man love her. in other words diana was used by the royal family.
    She is ugly, but not that ugly?

Do you wear or need glasses?

To compare horseface with the grace and beauty of Diana is insanity.

Diana has the love and adoration of the people forever. Camilla will never acheive that. Never.

She has Charles and has for all these years? Yea, he's a real prize that one. And a looker to boot.

FannyB1923 Guest
    I was in the milling throng of people when Charles and Diana visited Washington DC in 1985. Basically you got to watch them get in and out of the limo-big deal
    One big surprise is that Charles is better looking than you would expect in person. In pictures, he's all angles and ears. At that time, he was wearing his hair slightly longer (ear concealing?) and he looked like his father only with a little more padding.

mstee2u1972 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by lisalouver View Post
    I don't know about that.

I have seen PLENTY of men stick with some woman just because "the sex is good" or "we have kids" or "she cooks and cleans"

The punani makes men do just about anything.
    You could be right Lisa.

When I really think about it, there have been some couples I've known that have stayed together for the sake of the kids. Not too sure about the sex, but that could be the case with a few. Overall, they made some miserable couples and some only survived by cheating on their spouses. Not a good situation all around, but I guess they figure it's cheaper to keep him/her.

TrueBlueAngel Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by SinKittyVixen View Post
    Oh wow, I never knew that. British royalty fascinates me! Ive always adored Queen Elizabeth! Oh, and the Tudors on showtime is an awesome show!
    Please feel free to take them off our hands

lab_rat Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by lisalouver View Post
    ITA.

Charles and Horseface a love story?

Please.

Those two are two of the biggest frauds on the face of the earth. They make me sick. They deserve each other because they are just alike.

They ruined everything around them.

Remember when Charles phone calls to horseface came out?

He actually said in his next life he wanted to come back as her tampon.

Yup, sounds like a real love story to me.
    LMAO!! Oh the fun SNL had with that one!!

FannyB1923 Guest
    There's a scandal brewing concerning the wedding of Peter Phillips and Autumn Kelly.

The newlyweds pocketed 500,000 pounds (over a $ million!) fee from Hello Magazine for exclusive photo access to the wedding. Phillips is Princess Anne's son, has no title and doesn't collect a salary from the Civil List.

The ones crying foul loudest seem to be rival newspapers and magazines
    Usually when there's a big event with the Royal Family, the press coverage is shared equally- Queen of the whole country after all. They were denied access because the newlyweds got a fat payment from one magazine.

Seems like the public wouldn't have been interested in two relatively unfamous people's wedding- except everybody wanted to see what the Queen and Camilla were wearing, would Kate and Wills be there, etc.

I understand why they'd want a deal (they have to live) but it sets up a bad precedent. As though, every time the Queen appears someplace, a fee will have to be paid to someone to take her picture.

BabaBooey Guest
    [quote=hell0kitty;263248]you think the english people will accept someone who is maybe or maybe not of 'royal blood' as king? quote]

There have been many men and women "not of royal blood" that have gone on to become King or Queen. Look at Queen Elizabeth I. She was considered a bastard along with her older sister Queen Mary.

There is even some controversy that the current Queen is not the rightful monarch. Just do a Google search and you'll get lots of hits.

Jazbabee Guest
    [quote=leeny994;262668]i think charles should have just married ole Camilla to begin with and told them all to 'sod off'
    yes i know that was never really an option for him but......

I believe it could have been an option if he had come to terms with reality that he will probably never be seated on the throne. At this point, my bet is that somehow it would most likely go to William

FannyB1923 Guest
    Prince Charles will be 60 this November. Her Majesty had that mother that lived to be 101- so at least the women in the family can be long lived. (Princess Margaret, who drank, smoked and rumored to do drugs, died at 71)

So to be conservative, if the Queen lives another ten years, Charles would be 70 when he became king. An age when most men would rather be retired.
    Maybe a better role for him in the coming years would to be her mother's right hand man and pick up for his mother if the duties of her office start becoming harder for her. I'd never consider Elizabeth as frail- hard to imagine!

Ten years from now, William would be in his mid-30's; the prime of life. It will be interesting to see if they go with "tradition and duty" or pass over Charles for his son.

halogirl5 Guest
    Anyone who bases their argument on Diana vs Camilla in the looks department;grow up. I am not a 'royalist' but I am glad that this shy, kind and noble person got to be with the love of his life after so many years. If we make mistakes, people let us get away with it but if the royals do, people make jujdgments on their personal character and it's not fair because they are not starting on a level playing field, as it were.
    Also the thing about Harry not being Charles son is a load of shit because Prince Harry was born well before Diana got involved with James Hewitt. Can't believe people are so uninformed, over ten years later.

This thread is all great fun, but the bottom line is that this sordid little drama is played out all over the world every day. Everybody else is not royal, and it doesn't hit the tabloids!

FannyB1923 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by lulubaines View Post
    This thread is all great fun, but the bottom line is that this sordid little drama is played out all over the world every day. Everybody else is not royal, and it doesn't hit the tabloids!
    Well, once upon a time, they really thought they were better than us and that they were given riches and power by the Lord Most High.

I was an admirer of Lord Louis Mountbatten from the mid-70's;after I saw his bio video and read a couple of biographies about him. I didn't know that there was elegance and nobility like that around in the mid-20th Century. Ho hum- just another great-grandson of Queen Victoria. And his aunt and uncle were Czar Nicholas and Alexandra! He was murdered by the IRA.
    Of course I was caught up in the Charles/Diana "un" romance. Such a shame because it would have been better if both of them had remained in love.

All their ups and downs, it's better than watching a soap opera!

Quote Originally Posted by FannyB1923 View Post
    Well, once upon a time, they really thought they were better than us and that they were given riches and power by the Lord Most High.

I was an admirer of Lord Louis Mountbatten from the mid-70's;after I saw his bio video and read a couple of biographies about him. I didn't know that there was elegance and nobility like that around in the mid-20th Century. Ho hum- just another great-grandson of Queen Victoria. And his aunt and uncle were Czar Nicholas and Alexandra! He was murdered by the IRA.
    Of course I was caught up in the Charles/Diana "un" romance. Such a shame because it would have been better if both of them had remained in love.

All their ups and downs, it's better than watching a soap opera!

Better than soaps fer sure. Just wish Di had lived.

FannyB1923 Guest
    I keep hoping that Andrew and Sarah might get together again. Neither one has remarried. Seems like one of those odd cases where they didn't stop loving each other after the divorce.

got title?

Upon her marriage, Diana's full title was Her Royal Highness The Princess Charles, Princess of Wales, Countess of Chester, Duchess of Cornwall, Duchess of Rothesay, Countess of Carrick, Baroness of Renfrew, Lady of the Isles and Princess of Scotland.
    pull the string!

Miss Bells Guest
    i'm not a royalist but i do take an interest in the royal family...i love kitsch and when my grandad died my nan downsized and i got all the commemorationary (sic) mugs going back to 1937 or whatever, they're really cool...anyway, i do like camilla as i think charles deserves to be happy and the boys obviously like her so its just like a normal step family. i remember where i was when diana died cause i was working in mcdonalds at the time and had to be in for 6, my alarm was my tv and i remember waking up thinking i was in a parallel universe...it was very odd. even odder was when i went to australia and people asked if i'd known diana. yeah, i'm from a small village in the northeast, i knew di well...

I can't stand the Royal Family - a bunch of upper crust nothings! The Queens okay - but the rest we can do without.

Princess Diana was married off to Charles to beget the children and then dumped. They are a horrible, horrible family.

Sampiro Guest
    Edward II probably had the most painful royal death. His wife, "Isabella the She-Wolf", pissed at him for years of his infidelities with men and humiliations of her (he gave her jewels to one of his male lovers) led a civil war against him and captured him. His official cause of death was "displeasure", though according to contemporary accounts, he was held down while men employed by Isabella rammed a glowing hot poker up his arse.

William the Conqueror (most famous for his 1066 UK Victory Tour) holds the distinction of being the only English monarch so far to have exploded at his own funeral. Numerous chroniclers when he was alive mentioned his obesity along with the fact that he rarely ate and never ate as much as most men, thus implying he had a major gas problem happening already. He died in a freak accident- his horse stepped on burning rubble from a town Willie had just pillaged, started, and William was impaled on the sharp horn of his saddle, creating a puncture into said already gaseous stomach. There was a heat wave yet the body was allowed to wait in th heat for several days while his children and courtiers were assembled for the royal funeral. As his body was being carried into the church it popped, filled the church with an odor so strong that dozens of nobles went running outside to vomit, and thus he got one last total rout in before he died.

When Napoleon died a courier was sent to inform his old archrival King George IV with "Sire! Your worst enemy on earth is no more! Your nemesis is dead!" and he replied, completely serious, "Send for my black attire. I have been widowed." (George and his wife Caroline detested each other and saw each other only on select state occasions after their daughter, conceived on the honeymoon, was born.)

When Queen Victoria was old she is said to have kept a parlor in her private apartments at Osborne House filled with framed photographs of various friends, relatives, and notables in their coffins. (The "Dead Books" mentioned in the Nicole Kidman film THE OTHERS are from the late Victorian era.)

Vamp Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by hell0kitty View Post
    actually diana was the first to cheat in the marriage.we got a totally different slant on everything in the states. harry may not be his son, but he swears to always be his father...until harry should ever stand to be king...you think the english people will accept someone who is maybe or maybe not of 'royal blood' as king? the kid is the spitting image of her former lover, james hewitt(those guys with those ghastly looking perpetually pink cheeks lmao)

diana's father in his youth...
    Actually, Diana had more English royal blood than Charles. Diana descended directly from King Charles I, King Charles II and King James II, Charles didn't. Diana also descended from both Margaret Tudor (grandmother of Mary Queen of Scots, and sister to Henry VIII) and Mary Tudor as well. (Younger Sister of Henry VIII, the so called French Queen and Grandmother of Queen Jane, aka Lady Jane Grey.) This unites in Harry and William, two conflicting, historical claimants to the throne. (After the death of all of Henry VIII's descendants.) The Windsors are nothing but a bunch of tiny German princelings.
    Last edited by Vamp; 06-11-2008 at 06:34 PM.

Vamp Guest
    Was Katherine of Aragon poisoned by Anne Boelyn?

Quote Originally Posted by Vamp View Post
    Was Katherine of Aragon poisoned by Anne Boelyn?
    Catherine died in 1536 probably of cancer. When Henry heard of her death, he celebrated at a banquet dressed in bright yellow from head to toes.

" She was kept in strict seclusion, separated from Mary and from all outside communications, and in December 1535 her health gave way, her death taking place on the 8th of January 1536, not without suspicions of poison, which, however, may be dismissed. "
    pull the string!

crazedfemale Guest
    Harry actually looks like one of Diana's sisters. The one that dated Prince Charles before he screwed up Diana's life.

When Diana died, that's the last time I ever cared about the royal family.

Her boys are very handsome, and it took Diana's death for him to become a good father.