Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3456714 ... LastLast

Thread: John Lennon

And her piccie is clearly high school yearbook circa late 60's/early 70's, no? Guess she's not providing any updated pictures from say, the last 30 years or so.

Interesting that she is also of Japanese heritage...

NOVSTORM Guest
    They were married I think when he shot John L. I am amazed that she has stuck with him all these years.

Kugmu Guest
    From perez...

Pampering Assassins

Filed under: Legal Matters

It's nice to hear that even murders get treated well in jail!
    In fact, John Lennon's crazy killer has been enjoying conjugal visits with his wife for the past 16 years.
    Mark David Chapman killed Lennon back in December of 1980 and has since been serving time in the Attica Correctional Facility.
    Chapman is up for parole this week for the fifth time. He's been denied four times since he became eligible back in 2000.
    Since at least 1992, he's been part of the prison's "family reunion" program.
    Thanks to the program, Chapman gets to spend up to 44 hours straight with his crazy ass wife in a special "private homelike setting" location.
    We still can't figure out why someone would stay married to a killer.
    Inside the unit, which is surrounded by a fence, there are no cameras or guards.
    His wife, Gloria Hiroko Chapman, was married to Chapman when he committed the murder. She still lives in Hawaii though she visits Chapman once a year or more.
    A rep for the prison facility says the goal of the program is to "preserve and strengthen family ties that have been disrupted as a result of incarceration." Adding that it is designed to "foster positive and responsible conduct" and "facilitate postrelease reintegration into the family and community, thereby reducing the likelihood of recidivism."
    Yoko Ono had submitted an emotional letter in 2000 stating she feared for her safety, for the safety of Lennon's kids, and even for Chapman's safety if he was released.
    She has since again sent word that her position has not changed.

endsleigh03 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Kugmu View Post
    From perez...

Pampering Assassins

Filed under: Legal Matters

It's nice to hear that even murders get treated well in jail!
    In fact, John Lennon's crazy killer has been enjoying conjugal visits with his wife for the past 16 years.
    Mark David Chapman killed Lennon back in December of 1980 and has since been serving time in the Attica Correctional Facility.
    Chapman is up for parole this week for the fifth time. He's been denied four times since he became eligible back in 2000.
    Since at least 1992, he's been part of the prison's "family reunion" program.
    Thanks to the program, Chapman gets to spend up to 44 hours straight with his crazy ass wife in a special "private homelike setting" location.
    We still can't figure out why someone would stay married to a killer.
    Inside the unit, which is surrounded by a fence, there are no cameras or guards.
    His wife, Gloria Hiroko Chapman, was married to Chapman when he committed the murder. She still lives in Hawaii though she visits Chapman once a year or more.
    A rep for the prison facility says the goal of the program is to "preserve and strengthen family ties that have been disrupted as a result of incarceration." Adding that it is designed to "foster positive and responsible conduct" and "facilitate postrelease reintegration into the family and community, thereby reducing the likelihood of recidivism."
    Yoko Ono had submitted an emotional letter in 2000 stating she feared for her safety, for the safety of Lennon's kids, and even for Chapman's safety if he was released.
    She has since again sent word that her position has not changed.
    That part about 'strengthen family ties' really made me angry. What, are you kidding me??? Chapman didn't exactly strengthen any family ties in Lennon's family, he ripped the family apart and left 2 sons without their father. JHC.

endsleigh03 Guest
    And...I can't believe Gloria C. would do him then or now, look at the guy...blahhhhhhh. Some people will F anything that walks

silverwaif77 Guest
    Did she need citizenship?
    I don't know why anyone would want this fat, ugly, greasy, M*th*r F*ck*r, especially after what he took from this world. This bitch still visits him yuck yuck yuck!

Danny62 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by silverwaif77 View Post
    I don't know why anyone would want this fat, ugly, greasy, M*th*r F*ck*r, especially after what he took from this world. This bitch still visits him yuck yuck yuck!
    Oh Well said!

He should not be getting any rights at all!!

endsleigh03 Guest
    I think it must be love

soonerpimp Guest
    This Post Cannot Be Improved On!

RoRo Guest
    this is what is wrong with our prison system..these sick f**ks shouldn't get anything and definately no conjugal visits.

stinkythejokedog Guest
    the should make him listen to Yoko records instead

sunshine74137 Guest
    For every hour he gets with his wife Yoko should get an hour with him to torture him any way she wants

Xtine Guest
    i was angry to hear about this also. wtf?!!!

1karenhb Guest
    I never knew he was married either. She must be crazy too for staying with him all these years.

Every pot has a lid.
    I am a sick puppy....woof woof!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Carping the living shit out of the Diem. - Me!!
    http://www.pinterest.com/neilmpenny

Kugmu Guest
    Do you think the only time She has sex is with him?

Quote Originally Posted by stinkythejokedog View Post
    the should make him listen to Yoko records instead
    While he's fucking his wife...

deathybrad Guest
    What's scary is I work with this reclusive kid who looks amazingly like Chapman. This kid is a bookworm with an english degree.

Frank 'N' Howie Guest
    Waaaa...I don't get to see my wife...Waaaa...I miss my family...Waaa...I don't get any...What about John...Guess taking someones life doesn't mean what it used to. He not only killed another human being but he killed an icon of music...Cut his wang off...His wife would be better off...Need a reality check much?

deathybrad Guest
    20 years to life though, we're lucky he's still behind bars.

leevancleef Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Aries65 View Post
    While he's fucking his wife...

Or the TWO VIRGINS record...that would be nice

Quote Originally Posted by deathybrad View Post
    20 years to life though, we're lucky he's still behind bars.
    This happened earlier this aft:

Chapman-Parole
    INDEX:Entertainment, International, Justice, Music
    John Lennon's killer Mark David Chapman denied parole for 5th time
    ATTICA, N.Y. - John Lennon's killer has been denied parole for a
    fifth time.
    Mark David Chapman will remain in New York's Attica Correctional
    Facility for at least two more years for gunning down the former
    Beatle outside his Manhattan apartment building in 1980. He became
    eligible for parole after serving 20 years of a maximum life
    sentence.
    In a one-page decision issued after Chapman's appearance Tuesday,
    parole board members say that Chapman has had a clean disciplinary
    record since 1994 but his release `would not be in the best interest
    of the community.'
    (The Associated Press)
    13:45ET 12-08-08

well in that case I hope he gets a nice sympathy nooky visit with the wife. poor fella.

*snort*

she sooo hooohnyyyyyyyyy! she love him long time!
    pull the string!

soonerpimp Guest
    Has anyone seen the movie(s)The killing of John Lennon,or The U.S vs. John Lennon?- Thoughts?

hollywoodsaint Guest
    I don't even get conjugal visits-- and I'm a free man...

/OfficeSpace

Xtine Guest
    i am so glad this bastard was denied parole!!

phirerednga Guest
    I am glad also he didnt get parole, sorry ass bastard.

beatlebaby4 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Seagorath View Post
    How convenient...Sick bastard afforded some pleasures...

...Not right.
    So not right Why is it the condemned get all these privilages? I thought being in prison and being punished meant just that, being punished. The justice systems needs a huge overhaul! It makes my blood boil

Ridgecrest, CA-Middle of the Mojave Desert
    "The goal of the program, Kriss said, is to "preserve and strengthen family ties that have been disrupted as a result of incarceration"

This is the line that pisses me off the most...Preserve and Strengthen family ties??? Fuck you man, he surely wasn't thinking that shit when he took John from Julian and Sean! Oh and some "Jody" is bonin' his wife back in Hawai'i....LOL

Lennon Killer 'Ashamed And Sorry'

9:48am UK, Wednesday August 20, 2008
    John Lennon's killer has admitted that he is ashamed and sorry for murdering the former Beatle nearly 30 years ago.

Chapman is currently in New York's Attica Correctional Facility

Mark David Chapman told parole officials during his latest bid for release from prison that he has come to realise the seriousness of what he did when he shot the music star outside his Manhattan apartment building on December 8, 1980.
    He was denied parole for the fifth time "due to concern for the public safety and welfare" after being interviewed by a panel on August 12 .
    In transcripts of the hearing which have now been published, Chapman said he had come to understand how his actions affected not only Lennon, but his wife, children and anyone who knew him.
    "I recognised that that 25-year-old man, I don't think he really appreciated the life that he was taking, that this was a human being," he said.
    "I feel now at 53 I have grown into a deeper understanding of what a human life is. I have changed a lot."
    As in the past, he also told the parole board that he was seeking notoriety and fame to counter feelings of failure when he decided to kill Lennon.
    "I would be something other than a nobody, and that was my reasoning at the time," Chapman said.

Yoko Ono and John Lennon

The former maintenance worker from Hawaii was sentenced to 20 years to life after pleading guilty to murder and has now served almost 28 years.
    The parole board decision means he will remain in jail for at least two more years, with his next appearance before the panel scheduled for August 2010.
    Lennon's wife, Yoko Ono, who has previously written to the parole board arguing against Chapman's release, did not offer any testimony in the latest hearing.
    But 50 others did and 1,100 people signed a petition opposing his release. Three people wrote urging for him to be set free.

He's better off staying in prison, since he'd be looking over his shoulder the rest of his life.

Hey, he's got conjugal visits, 3 hots and a cot. What more can he want?

Seagorath Guest
    This guy has no business being alive. He robbed the world of a truly GREAT man. He shouldn't experience the joys of conjugal visits...what a loser.

ShatteredMirror Guest
    "I recognised that that 25 year-old man, I don't think he really appreciated the life he was taking, that this was a human being...........I feel now at 53 I have grown into a deeper understanding of what a human life is. I have changed alot."

Wow. Thanks for that. I'm sure that justifies it all then.

What a prat.

ByrdSar Guest
    If this loser thinks he's going free after what he did...he's sadly mistaken.

Blackdressdoll Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Aries65 View Post
    He's better off staying in prison, since he'd be looking over his shoulder the rest of his life.

Hey, he's got conjugal visits, 3 hots and a cot. What more can he want?
    I concur.

Quote Originally Posted by Seagorath View Post
    This guy has no business being alive. He robbed the world of a truly GREAT man. He shouldn't experience the joys of conjugal visits...what a loser.
    My sentiments exactly.

Cazza Guest

News report about John Lennon's killer

Hi all,

I'm new to this forum - but I have loved FAD for years!

Thought those out there might find this interesting. Its from my local paper here in Australia...

http://www.news.com.au/couriermail/s...05-954,00.html

Cheers!

endsleigh03 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Cazza View Post
    Hi all,

Thought those out there might find this interesting. Its from my local paper here in Australia...

Cheers!
    Thanks, Cazza, and welcome to the board
    As far as Chapman, I am still rubbed way the wrong way by the news last week about his conjugal visits with his wife.
    He is never getting out. The parole board meetings are a formality. If he ever did get out someone would take him out in 5 secs flat, someone crazy like he is

redkatrampant Guest

deathybrad Guest
    Happy Birthday!

Cazza Guest
    Yeah thanks guys

knothere Guest
    welcome
    i think chapmans safer in jail

Noelle Page Guest
    I was just reading something about John's Aunt Mimi and first wife Cynthia:

'Mimi once referred to Cynthia Powell as "a gangster's moll"'

For some reason this cracks me up! From everything I've read about Cyn, she was pretty dowdy and proper....she probably loved being called that!

More wisdom from wise old Aunt Mimi:

"Sean is like John [Lennon] in every way—looks and manner—and he has got John's sense of humour. As long as he keeps away from music, he will be all right."

And finally from Mimi's Wiki:

"Lennon moved to New York in 1971, and never returned to England. " Wow. I knew that on some level but never really thought about it. That's pretty profound, and sad.
    Last edited by Noelle Page; 08-23-2008 at 04:39 PM.

michael d Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by knothere View Post
    i think chapmans safer in jail
    I think that you hit the nail on the head. I'm sure many would love to see him released for just this reason.

It would have been interesting to see what John would have done next. I think that he was just starting to get his life back together. Plastic Ono Band will always be one of my favorite albums.

Albertadude Guest
    A very profound and sad moment in my life when John was shot...indeed, I was very much a big beatles fan and Lennon fan in particular before he was shot...

Indeed, I still have clippings from my local newspaper from the summer of 80 when John had announced that he was returning to the studio...I was thrilled....I had discovered the Beatles music in 79 and gravitated to John as my fav beatle though ironically my favorite Beatle songs were McCartney songs such as Hey Jude, Let it Be, We can work it out etc etc...of course I loved Johns classics like Day in the life, Across the Universe and Lucy...etc etc...

I remmeber the summer of 80 well because I would sit there and argue with my 2 fellow Beatle fans that were McCartney supporters.....ha ha ha...the unending debate between John and Paul...

I even had bought Double Fantasy before John was shot on Dec 8/80...it was released here in Calgary, Canada about early Nov 80 and I remember well rushing to the record shop on a Sat. morning to purchase Lennon's newest work....not many people can say the actually bought Double Fantasy before Lennon was shot...I was one of the few...

I also had purchase the Playboy interview with Lennon a couple of months before his death....I was, by all accounts a lennon fanatic....I used to spend time in my typing class in high school typing out my favorite Lennon tunes...I still have them to this day...

The point of all this preamble was to show how utterly devasting that night was for me whilst watching MNF and Howard Cosell announced Lennon had been shot and then later announced he was indeed dead....

I couldn't believe it....to this day it is hard to believe....

And for the next 4-5 days, I stayed home day and night taping all the news specials and reports on our old BETA Recording maching...what treasures....indeed, I still have them...about 30 hours of tv history...I still need to transfer them to DVD..

The interesting thing, here in Calgary, we have a scrolling news service on our channel 4 and I made a point of taping that which showed the date Dec 8/80...for posterity's sake I suppose...

Really for my age group (born in 64), this was our Kennedy moment...of course 9-11 now surpasses all of that but the Lennon murder really was a life marker for me...

No doubt the most tragic Rock n Roll death of them all...and that is saying something with all the sad demises in popular music over the last 50 years.

Funny thing is, personally speaking, I never really agreed with much of what lennon had to say....my philosophical outlook was opposed to John's.....but I just loved his music and personality...

Take Care

Noelle Page Guest
    Albertadude, did you read the albert Goldman bio? I just finished re-reading it. Controversial, but I sure found it a great read.

Ted Challinor Guest
    Albertadude I was similar age (born 1963) and living very near Liverpool ...very sad. People were listen to their radios in the street, playing Beatles songs....

Layla331 Guest
    http://images.google.com/imgres?imgu...%3Den%26sa%3DN

this was pretty neat..i was lookin up john lennons half sister and fell across this site

halogirl5 Guest
    OK I don't like any Beatles song except Hey Jude and I dont' like any Lennon except that stupid 'jokey' one he did Just Like Starting Over, but I hate to see anyone killed especially when they hadn't finished their life properly.

beatlebaby4 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Cazza View Post
    Hi all,

Cheers!
    Welcome aboard Cazza!! You'll have a blast here