Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 6131415

Thread: John Lennon

Poo Bah MCGee Guest
    Don't rest in peace John, have a blast in heaven, you and George, and no restriction on rockin' the angels.
    We love you and miss you.

RIP
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

ozzysmom Guest
    So hard to believe that he's been gone for so long. I remember the news of his death like it was yesterday. My mother sobbed and sobbed when we heard the news.....

I had just moved into an apartment on the lake and a friend of mine called and said "A Beatle is dead, but I don't know which one!" I soon found out it was John. It was just so unreal.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Hard to believe it's been 34 years

RIP

Quote Originally Posted by shipmatekate View Post
    Hard to believe it's been 34 years

RIP
    True, I can remember watching Monday Football at the time.
    When the guys in the booth talked about it.
    Carolyn(1958-2009) always in my heart.

That little interview pissed me off. Fuck him. Rot in prison jagoff!
    Stay in Drugs. Eat your School. Don't do Vegetables.

Per Julian's Twitter feed, Cynthia has died. Time to confront the ex, John!

Beautiful memorial song and photo tribute:

http://www.cynthialennon.memorial/
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Casper, I love you so much baby boy... waking up with you in the house is a blessing every day! Thank you for filling our home and hearts with so much love, joy, laughter and ever so sweet Sammy smiles! We belong together! XOXOX

Quote Originally Posted by Cynful View Post
    Beautiful memorial song and photo tribute:

http://www.cynthialennon.memorial/
    Thanks, she was class all the way

Quote Originally Posted by shipmatekate View Post
    Thanks, she was class all the way
    You're welcome Kate... yes, she was.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Casper, I love you so much baby boy... waking up with you in the house is a blessing every day! Thank you for filling our home and hearts with so much love, joy, laughter and ever so sweet Sammy smiles! We belong together! XOXOX

Bayou Queen Guest
    So sorry to hear this. My heart hurt for her when I was a teeny bopper and John took up with the dragon woman Yoko. Life was not fair to her or Julian. RIP dear gentle sweet lady.

Oh my, I did not expect this. I always liked her. How sad, may she rest in peace.

RIP Cynthia.

I always loved and respected Cynthia...I think she was one of my favorite women I have ever known of. She was the epitome of class. This loss is hard for me! And My heart is painfully hurting for Julian. May Cynthia rest in peace. I'd say that with death I hope there is closure for all of her struggles in life, but that is silly of me since of course she has found peace and closure in everything...I'll bet her last years were good ones and full of happiness, since she was such a wise and special lady.

I always thought of her as part of The Beatles since she was with John before they formed. I hate that The Beatles are so much in the past. Cynthia's passing makes me feel it more.

Quote Originally Posted by icalledhisname View Post
    I always loved and respected Cynthia...I think she was one of my favorite women I have ever known of. She was the epitome of class. This loss is hard for me! And My heart is painfully hurting for Julian. May Cynthia rest in peace. I'd say that with death I hope there is closure for all of her struggles in life, but that is silly of me since of course she has found peace and closure in everything...I'll bet her last years were good ones and full of happiness, since she was such a wise and special lady.

I always thought of her as part of The Beatles since she was with John before they formed. I hate that The Beatles are so much in the past. Cynthia's passing makes me feel it more.
    Wonderful post! Thank you!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

McCartney opens up about John and Yoko

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz...ad-street.html

Poo Bah MCGee Guest
    Both McCartney and Ono-Lennon choose to spin the Beatles legacy their own ways. I tend to think McCartney recalls it more as he wishes to remember it, and Yoko recalls it more as she wishes it had been. I can't blame either for nursing their opinions. Interestingly, neither George Harrison nor Ringo Starr ever tried to spin out the legacy into something greater than it was. If anything, George tried to diminish it.
    Still, Paul took over much of the groups forward motion while John, Ringo, and George, where happy to ride along during the final two years.

braveandawesome Guest
    Such a big inspiration in my life, through his music and art. John, you mnay be gone, but you live on through the humongous legacy that you left behind. God speed.

PurrPurr Guest
    35 years since the death of John Lennon. Do you remember where you were when this tragedy took place?

I'd just come home from work and there was coverage on TV not long after the shooting happened.

Quote Originally Posted by PurrPurr View Post
    35 years since the death of John Lennon. Do you remember where you were when this tragedy took place?

I'd just come home from work and there was coverage on TV not long after the shooting happened.
    Hard to believe it's been 35 years.... wow, where does the time go?

I was at my Dad's house, and remember hearing it on the news.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

35 years! Wow! Time has flown by. I heard it on the radio.

luckyinlove Guest
    I wasn't born yet. I enjoyed the Barbara Walters interview though. Hard to believe his wife has stayed with him all these years.

I can't believe it has been 35 years........I remember it like it was yesterday. Total shock. Just numb.

What might have been...yeah....sad.

I had just gotten settled into a new apartment and one of the first phone calls I got was from my bestie telling me a Beatle was dead, but she couldn't remember which one. Turned on the news and it was John Lennon. RIP
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Quote Originally Posted by PurrPurr View Post

I was at home, studying electronic theory

I was working the late shift for SWA at the airport. our last flight was late so we were sitting in the break room waiting when it flashed on the screen.

Interesting threads. Mrs.Chapman is as nutty as her husband. Sir Paul is as petulant as ever! Imagine being upset that his murdered partner is still getting attention that he believes he deserves. Wow, also wants more credit than due for his contributions. I suppose you must be that driven and competitive to succeed, but who needs that!

I don't think Chapman was a mastermind, I think he suffered from mental issues but I still think he was brainwashed by the CIA or one of those organisations to take out Lennon. I think Lennon had to much of a following which gained him influence over people and the 'unknown organisation' took care of the problem without getting their hands dirty. Chapman deserves to be in jail, he can never be forgiven and took away such a peaceful, loving soul from the planet. I love the song that Elton John composed and performed in tribute to Lennon - Empty Garden. RIP John Lennon.

Elton John - Empty Garden - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SWyy7Huc6KA

Quote Originally Posted by cleanskull View Post
    He should never get out. I hope he dies in prison.
    "I'm down in this valley where the wheels turn so low
    At dawn I pray to the Lord of my soul
    I say dear Lord, do right by me
    You know
    I'm tired of being lonesome, on'ry and mean..." - Waylon

He does not deserve his freedom. Keep him behind bars.
    Today you could be standing next to someone who is trying their best not to fall apart. So whatever you do today, do it with kindness.

He doesn't deserve freedom. Unless John can come back to life.

[SIGPIC]Morgan[/SIGPIC]

No one will ever let him out of prison.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Chapman said he used hollow-point bullets to ensure the singer would die, but did not want him to suffer

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...hame-year.html

He did not want Lennon to suffer? How kind of the evil ass.

Sitting here listening to the re-released White Album. So good. My all time favorite Beatles song has always been "Yer Blues". Being a Lennon song I suppose this is on topic but I found it interesting that Ringo said it was one of his favorites on the album. He noted it was one of the few songs that all four sat down and played as a band.

I'm afraid I don't miss J.L. one bit .My dad knew him and said he was a totally foul mouthed git , whose main hobby seemed to be shaming Brian Epstein about him being gay .When I was a Youth Worker in Liverpool we had this idiot come in to give us some training on team work .He called his business something to do with the Beatles , as soon as he started dropping into the conversation that the Fab Four were a good team , I had to raise a few questions .Why would we want to put 4 drug abusing louts as role models for our young people who were already disadvantaged and marginalised ? They were successful and made lots of money , but they weren't examples anyone would use as striving to be like .A lot of Liverpudlians weren't that keen on them .Although I've been in the real original Cavern , it was only memorable for the filthy water soaked floors and decaying brick work .The one they have now is purely for tourists ,as are the hiked up prices of Beatles stuff they sell .
    I totally disagree with what Chapman did and yes , some of his music was excellent but the man himself .... not so much .

Quote Originally Posted by artymorty View Post
    I'm afraid I don't miss J.L. one bit .My dad knew him and said he was a totally foul mouthed git , whose main hobby seemed to be shaming Brian Epstein about him being gay .When I was a Youth Worker in Liverpool we had this idiot come in to give us some training on team work .He called his business something to do with the Beatles , as soon as he started dropping into the conversation that the Fab Four were a good team , I had to raise a few questions .Why would we want to put 4 drug abusing louts as role models for our young people who were already disadvantaged and marginalised ? They were successful and made lots of money , but they weren't examples anyone would use as striving to be like .A lot of Liverpudlians weren't that keen on them .Although I've been in the real original Cavern , it was only memorable for the filthy water soaked floors and decaying brick work .The one they have now is purely for tourists ,as are the hiked up prices of Beatles stuff they sell .
    I totally disagree with what Chapman did and yes , some of his music was excellent but the man himself .... not so much .
    So you're sort of lukewarm as a Lennon and Beatles fan, I take it.
    A faulty hypothesis forming:
    A German scientist using Iranian physics and French mathematics.

Quote Originally Posted by JimC View Post
    So you're sort of lukewarm as a Lennon and Beatles fan, I take it.

44. 01-12-2019, 06:37 PM

40 years ago he was shot and killed, still remember
    watching Monday Night Football when Howard Cosell
    told us he had been shot.
    Carolyn(1958-2009) always in my heart.

I listened to his catalog tribute on the radio. Even though he died 40 years ago, I still think of his death about half the time his songs play. The other half of the time, they're too fun to be sad.

I think Sean Lennon's a bit upset. He recently tweeted about being tired of people tweeting the lyrics to Imagine on his page. Apparently, they do it every day. I can relate. Although those folks likely mean we'll, he knows his father passed away and doesn't need to be reminded of it daily.

I can't believe 40 years have passed since John's death. I am still horrified by the event. I still feel empty from the loss.