Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 31011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: John Lennon

DeadRinger Guest
    Remembering John with love today, the 30th anniversary of his pointless murder. Forgiving his assassin, especially today, makes me a bigger person than he will ever be.

That said, I call dibs on the sniper rifle if he's ever paroled.

xbluerosex Guest
    ♫ Yeah we all shine on, like the moon, and the stars, and the sun. ♫

I was almost ten months old when Lennon was killed and only now am understanding his brilliance. When I listen to him with the Beatles or on his own I try to envision how he would be today. But then again I'm sure we all do.

As for he who shall never be named, he better hope he is never paroled because he would be a target as soon as the gate opened.

As for Lennon, R.I.P. Your art will never be forgotten and will always live on.

"Life is what happens when you're busy making other plans."
    John Lennon

It seems like just the other day that I heard the news that John had been murdered. After all these years I can forgive that sick fuck Chapman, but as someone already mentioned, if he escapes I want dibs on the sniper rifle.
    "What if the Hokey Pokey is what it's really all about?" Jimmy Buffett

Carrie Guest
    Shine on....

I was 11 at the time of his death, but I still remember it. I was so saddened by it. I just couldn't believe that someone who tried to do something positive for the world, was killed like that. I stil can't believe it.
    Some people just need a high five.... in the face.... with a chair...

I was only 4 months old when John was killed. I was bought up a Beatle and John fan, I miss him. I only hope he is still writing and singing in heaven, maybe one day I can be with him and hear his voice. I miss John and love him. For the sake of John, give peace a chance!

RIP John.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Remember it like it was yesterday. They have the whole area near the Dakota shut off.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]peek-a-boo!!

doyleloyal Guest
    RIP john lennon

MrsE1981 Guest
    "Imagine" was the number 1 single in the UK when I was born Jan 13th 1981... Although his death was very sad at least St Winifred's School Choir wasn't no. 1 the day I was born... "There's no one quite like Grandma..." (shudder).

gas_chick Guest
    I was 8 when John was assasinated. I can still remember my mom screaming and crying when she saw it on tv. My family of Beatles fanatics miss you still John. RIP while your killer rots in confinement.

Remembering you today, Mr. John Lennon. One of my favorite songs of yours is Mother and I will be listening to it today in your honor. I miss you. May you Forever Rest In Peace.

I miss him.

ShannonVanessa Guest
    Today Is 30 Years... John We Truly Still Miss You!!

Severely Snapped Guest
    Thirty years? Jesus. I was in junior high when this happened, and already a lifelong Beatlemaniac. The DJ announced John's death; then, following what felt like a full minute of silence, he played "Starting Over." To this day, I get a chill when I hear those opening bell notes; it brings me right back to that moment every single time.

RIP, you wonderful, awful, crazy, magnificent bastard.

orionova Guest
    I was 9 when John died. I've always been a fan of John and the Beatles, and now my son is, as well.

RIP, John. We will always miss you.

RIP John...you'll never be forgotten
    [SIGPIC]http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c389/Zoe_Zeppelin/Zepsig1.jpg[/SIGPIC]

lucilleball861911 Guest
    I heard his murderer wants to go on parole...KEEP HIM BEHIND BARS!!!! what he did is unforgivable

Ted Challinor Guest
    It's difficult to accept the death of someone close and even a favourite celebrity (sorry John, you are that too, as well as an 'artist')....after a time you accept it.
    But with a very few, it is practically impossible. John Lennon is a case in point.
    I am still so angry that he was taken from us. Perhaps it is also because how brutally he was. The years haven't seemed to heal.

DeadRinger Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by lucilleball861911 View Post
    I heard his murderer wants to go on parole...KEEP HIM BEHIND BARS!!!! what he did is unforgivable
    His assassin has been up for parole numerous times since 1980, the latest time was earlier this year and he was denied yet again. They won't parole him for his own safety. He will be hunted down within hours.

I was 5 years old when John passed, I'm a month older than Sean Lennon. I have very vague memories of the actual incident, but I vividly remember my father crying at the news. It was the first and last time I've ever seen my father cry.

desert hag Guest
    I remember being at work and hearing about John Lennon dying. Made it hard to finish the shift. I can't believe it's been 30 years. RIP John...

Desertrose Guest
    Hard to believe it has been 30 years. I am still devastated that he is gone and we will never know the music he would have written. John, you are missed now more than ever - shine on.

Elizabeth Guest
    Just think what fabulous music we have missed because of his death!!! RIP John, you are missed.....

Vintage_Vixen Guest
    RIP John

hallowbones Guest
    I wasn't born when he died but became a Beatle fan big time. Was a sad day when I realized he was dead. R.I.P John Lennon.

Quote Originally Posted by DeadRinger View Post
    His assassin has been up for parole numerous times since 1980, the latest time was earlier this year and he was denied yet again. They won't parole him for his own safety. He will be hunted down within hours.

I was 5 years old when John passed, I'm a month older than Sean Lennon. I have very vague memories of the actual incident, but I vividly remember my father crying at the news. It was the first and last time I've ever seen my father cry.
    'Ya think? I'm not so sure.

I love some of the Beatle's music and John's solo work, but I really can't see a bunch of 70 year old renegades going after John's assassin (if he is ever released).

After all, if John was alive today, he'd be around 70 years old. I'm thinking that most of his die-hard fans that would be willing to kill for him would also be in their 70's. I could always be wrong, but I can't envision a mob of senior citizens tracking down JMC to kill him. In fact, when I try to envision it, it's pretty darn funny.

IF someone should "off" MDC, it will be to gain the fame of having killed Lennon's murderer and get their 15 minutes.

a behind the scenes look at Cosell's announcement of Lennon's death. Skip forward to about 8mins and hear Cosell and Gifford discussing whether to announce Lennon's death or not

http://www.sportsgrid.com/nfl/john-lennons-death-was-almost-not-announced-on-monday-night-football-video/

CORONERGAL Guest
    I was 17 when he was murdered. I remember talking to my aunt and grandmother about what I wanted to do for my upcoming birthday. We were watching tv when a special report broke in. The three of us sat, in stunned silence, as the reporter relayed the horrible news. I went into my room and put on Sgt. Pepper, my all-time fave Beatle album. My aunt came into my room and we just sat and listened, not saying a word. I think I played every album we owned that night.

Remembering you, John. Hope you're giving heaven a hell of a show!

Quote Originally Posted by DeadRinger View Post
    Forgiving his assassin...
    Never!

The insect who took his life should spend the rest of his days in solitary confinement (apart from one hour a day for exercise). Just like Clifford Olsen.

DeadRinger Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by KCBee View Post
    'Ya think? I'm not so sure.

I love some of the Beatle's music and John's solo work, but I really can't see a bunch of 70 year old renegades going after John's assassin (if he is ever released).

After all, if John was alive today, he'd be around 70 years old. I'm thinking that most of his die-hard fans that would be willing to kill for him would also be in their 70's. I could always be wrong, but I can't envision a mob of senior citizens tracking down JMC to kill him. In fact, when I try to envision it, it's pretty darn funny.
    John would have turned 70 in October. His music and legacy span generations. If his original fans are not capable, there are plenty of their descendants quite happy to do the job of ridding us of MDC. As for our fifteen minutes of fame, I'm also willing to bet that whoever knocked him off would have a far easier time of it in prison.

GuiltyLittleDeathHag Guest
    Yes, anniversary of 30 years just passed and I forgot to type anything. In September I rented a studio apartment temporarily on W72nd St. and Amsterdam, The Dakota building is on W73rd and Central Park West, about two blocks down, being a Native New Yorker, or at least since I was a month old :P, I've gone past it many times and didn't even notice I was sitting right there until I heard some tourists looking for Strawberry Fields and saying "This must be it", so I knew they were looking for the Dakota. I sat there for a second thinking about it, I love that area of NYC, it's so hard to believe it happened right there...RIP John.

GuiltyLittleDeathHag Guest
    And, like the Manson killers, I doubt very highly he will ever get parole...I think they have to keep people that hated in jail not only for the protection of the public, but for the prisoners protection. I believe if any of them got out, they'd be killed in no time.

Pat MaGroin Guest
    I apologize if this has been submitted before but here is an interview with the attending physician, Dr Stephan Lynn, who worked on John Lennon that tragic night just over 30 years ago.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HbNg805zwuY

A description of the clip:

This is an interview with Dr. Stephan Lynn, the supervisor of the emergency room at Roosevelt Hospital in New York. He's the man who officially pronounced John dead. This clip is a very brief interview he did with a radio show regarding this historic moment. I also highly respect Dr. Lynn for having the foresight to destroy all the materials related to his death in the emergency room such as the sheets, the scrubs, and other materials in order to protect Lennon's privacy.
    Last edited by Pat MaGroin; 01-18-2011 at 11:25 AM.

Pat MaGroin Guest

John Lennon Autograph (with Paul and George - Need Ringo!!)

OK The Beatles are my favourite band (then Ramones). I have all the Beatles' autographs on one thing or another. Some time I will take a picture of the Lennon-signed 'Bag One' Frontispiece from his Bag One Show in 1970 that I bought years ago when Yoko was selling them in Georgetown (Washington, DC) and upload it here. In the meantime, here is a picture of The Beatles that 3 of them signed on the back - John, Paul and George. These autographs were obtained in Belfast in November 1963 at the ABC Theatre by Sandra Young (age 15) who went to the concert with a boy who had a relative working there that got them and gave them to her.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BeatlesJohnPaulGeorge196311Belfast.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	41.8 KB 
ID:	29482   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BeatlesJohnPaulGeorge1963NovABCBelfast.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	17.5 KB 
ID:	29483  
    Last edited by Pat MaGroin; 01-01-2011 at 11:22 AM.

Mulvaness Guest
    I don't know if it is my computer or what but, I can not understand a thing being said on the utube video of the interview with the surgeon.

I watched a show about Johns last hours - how lucky was that uber fan that had his book signed by john (he was lucky no one at the hotel pocketed it.) The hate that was on his face when he realised chapman killed his idol.... still strong till this day.
    Chapman - wanted the fame. Nothing more. Lets hope this idiot doesnt get to breath life outside the jail.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Pat MaGroin Guest

John Lennon Signed "Bag-One" frontispiece

Here is a John Lennon signed frontispiece for his 1970 (sometimes-banned) "Bag One" exhibit. Yoko Ono was travelling around the USA selling these off and I bought this one from Georgetown Fine Art (in Washington, DC) in the 80s.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	LennonBagOne1970a.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	158.0 KB 
ID:	29614   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	LennonBagOne1970b.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	137.5 KB 
ID:	29615   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	LennonBagOne1970c.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	151.9 KB 
ID:	29616   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	LennonBagOne1970d.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	147.4 KB 
ID:	29617  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	LennonBagOne1970e.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	147.3 KB 
ID:	29619   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	LennonBagOne1970Close.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	137.7 KB 
ID:	29620  

Love the photos of Julian, Sean, Yoko, and Cynthia together!
    The most dangerous woman of all is the one who refuses to rely on your sword to save her because she carries her own.

- R.H. Sin

Haunting_Immortal Guest
    I named my son Lennon in tribute so I remember John everyday in my own special way He is missed, its hard to believe it been so long.

I was only 9 when John was murdered and I remember it like it was yesterday. My Dad was a Beatles fan and I used to play the Red and Blue albums (the 2 compilations released in 1976) a shed load. I used to love his songs in particular from the later Beatles era as they seemed to be stories to my young self, the way he wrote.

I remember watching the 'Imagine' video on TV which I had never seen before and it was a weird experience because he was dead and the video with it's stark whiteness made me think of heaven and how weird he sang this song and now was gone.

I think this was the one that cemented my future Death Hagness, Elvis had warmed it up but Lennon made it come fully into being. From then on I was interested in all things death. Little bit morbid for one so young but I went through the entire biography section in my local library from then on. (It wasn't a very big library as my Dad was in the Armed Forces and I grew up in Germany mostly), but found more fascination in reading about those that were already dead. Almost like reading a story when you know the ending but you have to read everything leading up to it to 'enjoy' (bad choice of word) the end.

My 2 favourite albums are Plastic Ono Band and Imagine.

RIP
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

slingshot Guest
    Oh dear, I completely forgot to come post here yesterday, on the anniversary of his death. I still have the Newsweek magazine from Dec 1980.

Quote Originally Posted by slingshot View Post
    Oh dear, I completely forgot to come post here yesterday, on the anniversary of his death. I still have the Newsweek magazine from Dec 1980.
    So did I slingshot. I still have the Newsweek and Time issues for that week also.

Such an damn shame and wasted talent. I heard imagine on the radio today and just started crying. RIP John.

TheMysterian Guest
    Why Was John Lennon's Killer Transferred To Another Prison After 31 Years?

[SIZE=6]http://gothamist.com/2012/05/16/why_...er_transfe.php[/SIZE]

That's a good question. I believe the original transfer was for safety reasons. In another Beatle note, I recently read where Paul and Ringo have blocked the re-release of the movie Let it be. According to rumors, the boys don't want to spoil the image of the fun,playful Beatles of the early years with the stark reality of the Beatles last days. The film is documentary of the making of the Let it Be album but turned into a docudrama! They not only do not get along but are on the verge of fighting! In one part of the film George is nowhere to be found that's because he quit the band and only came back because they allowed Billy Preston to join in. Paul turned into a control freak and basically bullied everyone except John who is pissed because everybody totally ignored Yoko! It has been many years since I saw the film and I recall it wasn't fun to watch.

Scrum Drum Guest
    If somebody killed Chapman they'd be killing a victim. If you read Fenton Bresler's book Who Killed John Lennon? you'll find there's a lot of unsolved evidence showing Chapman was being controlled by people who were steering him towards killing FBI person of interest John Lennon. Before you scoff at this you have to read the background on CIA's MK-ULTRA mind control experiments under Sydney Gottleib and CIA's Technical Services Divison. Bresler found evidence that disaffected apartment house maintenance man Chapman showed sudden interest in Catcher In The Rye right in perfect synch with John Lennon's unannounced career comeback. Chapman had no way to know this since Lennon hadn't told anyone. FBI had admitted it bugged Lennon's apartment. Bresler's most condemning evidence was proof of forgery of Chapman's United Airlines travel ticket. This type of manipulation could only be done at the CIA level.

Once you realize Sirhan Sirhan was hypnotized to assassinate Bobby Kennedy you can understand that Chapman's hypnotic mind control was a given with such a strong political target as Lennon. The leading expert in mind control hypnosis, doctor Herbert Spiegel of Columbia University, said Chapman possessed every sign on the checklist for mind control hypnosis.

Quote Originally Posted by Rudy's Girl View Post
    Mary here are some of those pictures that you mentioned. Sean looks so happy....

http://imaginepeace.com/archives/12465
    Fabulous, fabulous pics!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Casper, I love you so much baby boy... waking up with you in the house is a blessing every day! Thank you for filling our home and hearts with so much love, joy, laughter and ever so sweet Sammy smiles! We belong together! XOXOX

drphilt Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by HippieMama View Post
    Hi
    I hate to be a nag, but I just want to point out that John's family specifically requested that out of respect for John, no one ever speak his killer's name because all it did was give the murderer the fame and immortality he was seeking.
    Sorry again, don't want to be a nag, but it's been bothering me to see the killer's name plastered all over here. Don't be mad at me Death Hags, you know I love you guys . . . can we leave the jerk's name out of it though out of respect for John, one of the most amazing musicians in all of history?
    Shall we call him Voldemort? Seriously, I'm a huge Lennon fan and I've been listening to The Beatles as a kid growing up in the SF Bay Area in the 1960s (that makes me old!). But I will call MDC by his name. Believe me, the night John died hit me hard. Every time I hear the bell at the beginning of Starting Over, I remember that hollow, sad, angry feeling I experienced in 1980 and my eyes sting a little. MDC is a piece of slime, but I think John would find it silly that we avoid saying his name.