Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345613 ... LastLast

Thread: John Lennon

Noelle Page Guest
    Holy shit, what a resemblance to his dad.

I would vote for John's murder as the most shocking celebrity death of all time, hands down. Look at Chapman's stupid face in that photo. Ugh.

Karebear Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Queen_Death_Hag View Post
    Saw this on tmz kind of eerie:

This is Sean Lennon & his fiance
    Yeah spooky isn't it. I saw that picture too and was like wow!

The only other entertainment death that shocked me as much as Heath Ledger.

Noelle Page Guest
    heath was indeed shocking, but a beatle gunned down in cold blood.....makes poor Heath's means of death look almost humdrum. Will never forgot that NY Post/Daily News full page headline: "John Lennon Shot Dead" Unreal to see those four words together.

Karebear Guest
    I remember I was watching Little House, ya know the Ingals, when the news broke into the progam and announced that John Lennon was shot and dead. I was in 8th grade. I was so stunned. He was my favorite beatle and created my favorite song Imagine. Lennon is my first most shocking.

I heard Yoko sleeps with John ashes under her pillow! Maybe thats just a rumor but a good one!

I dont think John was to blame for his death. Sure he wanted a normal life in New York but that didnt give Mark Chapman the right to shoot him?!? Mark was a mad fan who wanted fame and fast, and he got it! John was a amazing singer/song writer and a nice guy too. I understand not everyone has the same feelings as me but I love John alot!

lois steeme Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by NOVSTORM View Post
    I always felt that JOhn did his first wife and son wrong. Then he was murdered and left them nothing and left the bitch in control of everything. I lost a lot of respect for him. Cindy had to work as a waitress and at one time they were on welfare. He may have been a great artist and crazy about his soon with the skank but he sure as hell treated Jullian like dirt.
    I agree with you, I really do. Didn't Cynthia eventually marry an Italian businessman? That's neither here nor there, though, because I feel certain that John neglected his son Julian.

Apart from Julian's first solo album, which if I recall he sounded eerily like his father, he seems to have drifted into nowhere land.

Though Yoko was very nice to Karen and me when we met her, underneath the surface she probably is a cold calculating beeyotch.

lois steeme Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Noelle Page View Post
    heath was indeed shocking, but a beatle gunned down in cold blood.....makes poor Heath's means of death look almost humdrum. Will never forgot that NY Post/Daily News full page headline: "John Lennon Shot Dead" Unreal to see those four words together.
    I think only a couple of deaths involving celebs really affected me, and the first was hearing about Elvis. Elvis was before my time, but he was a legend and I did love "Suspicious Minds" when it came out in '69, I think it was. I couldn't fathom it!

The second was John Lennon. I heard about his death and couldn't think straight for almost the entire day, it was just awful.

Tornillo Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Noelle Page View Post
    Holy shit, what a resemblance to his dad.

I would vote for John's murder as the most shocking celebrity death of all time, hands down. Look at Chapman's stupid face in that photo. Ugh.
    One of those weird things...I've never said his name out loud. I've never written it either.

I hate it that JFK's name is always in any sentence about Oswald. I just made a pact with myself, that I would never do that to John Lennon.

In all these years, I've never said his assassin's name.

Isn't that kinda odd?

I was living in NY in the 70's and it was rather common to see John & Yoko out somewhere. Eating...movies. I would pass at least one of them in the Park everyday. Both were very nice. I started saying "Hi" and nodding to John when I passed him in the Park, and it got to where he would speak and nod. It was very cool. He would not have known me from Adam, if it had been anywhere but there.
    He was very good about signing autographs as well, which made it even sadder than the ass who killed him, got an autograph.

This one is still so baffling to me. He was so approachable, and it got him killed. If I live to be 100, I'll never understand Lennon's murder.

All of the people.
    Last edited by Tornillo; 01-28-2008 at 04:35 PM.

Vidor Guest
    You Tube has an audio of a radio interview Lennon gave on December 8, 1980.

heartbreakdj00 Guest
    I'm such a huge Beatles and John fanatic. This is so tragic. What an amazing person taken too soon just because of a man with serious mental problems.

heartbreakdj00 Guest
    Oh...and Sean Lennon is a good musician too. If you check out his song "Dead Meat" I think he sounds a lot like his dad. Really amazing..but kinda eerie.

Someone said earlier that the music of The Beatles was the soundtrack of his/her childhood....... me too! I grew up listening to them.. started out loving the early music the best, but now I´m all for the later songs..my father . and Lennon and harrison post Beatles... Working Class Hero and All Things Must Pass are songs, that mean so very much to me.....

I was born in 1982, so couldn´t say, what i did, when the message came..... but my father told me, that he heard the news somewhere.. and they just said... "John is dead" and everybody knew........

As for you know who... he´s absolutely bonkers... was and still is. If he gets out (and survives for more than an hour) he wil definately want to kill someone.....alot of people would feel unsafe. Keep him locked up
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Love is the answer - and you know that for sure.

Ohhh almost forgot... a Danish band called Dizzy Mizz Lizzy (GREAT band) also made a song about the shooting of John Lennon....(GREAT song)...

Here you go... unfortunately i couldn´t find the video;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3rInW_NdPaM&NR=1
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Anyone else here share the opinion that Yoko is more attractive at 70 than she was at 40?

She has never been much of a beauty... but she looks nice for 70..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

beatlebaby4 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadRinger View Post
    What's your take on Mark David Chapman? A cold and calculating murderer with a chip on his shoulder, or a deranged "fan" who thought he was doing the world a favour by getting rid of "phonies"?

You'll find as you get to know me that I am a HUGE Beatles fanatic, so maybe I'm not the best person to get an unbiased opinion from.

However, MDC shattered a world's dreams and aspirations on December 8 1980. How can he be forgiven for that?
    I'm right there with you buddy, I'm a huge Beatlefanatic as well. I think it's a bit of both really. He seems deranged and mentally unbalanced but there is something creepy about him - he has a cool, cold, chilling way about him and I think you said it right when you stated he had a chip on his shoulder. I think he should remain behind bars forever and ever. I can't see him ever being rehibilitated. Even if he was, I'm sure someone would be waiting for him to finish him off.

18. 07-16-2008, 01:28 AM

I was at home; a friend called and said "Someone shot and killed a Beatle!" But she couldn't remember which one. D'oh. I turned on the TV news and it was of course John Lennon. I was in shock. I was 24 years old and had been a Beatle fan since forever. I even saw them on Ed Sullivan.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

leevancleef Guest

ShatteredMirror Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadRinger View Post
    What's your take on Mark David Chapman? A cold and calculating murderer with a chip on his shoulder, or a deranged "fan" who thought he was doing the world a favour by getting rid of "phonies"?
    My take on Chapman?
    A guy who was suffering some form of mental illness, yes, but more so a complete loser who wanted to give some meaning to his useless life by forever being associated with someone infintely more significant than him and someone infinitely more talented. In other words, Chapman wanted his 15 minutes of fame. And tragically he got them. And more.
    Make no mistake about this man. Mental illness or not, he deliberately planned this murder. It wasn't a sudden explosion of violence without logical reason; on the contrary, it was prepared meticulously weeks beforehand even before he arrived in New York and semi-stalked Lennon for a few days before killing him. He also had a hit-list of other celebrities he was thinking of murdering. Pure and simple, this piece of turd wanted to become famous, to achieve everlasting notoriety. And he got it. Got it by shooting a man in the back five times in front of his wife - depriving her of a husband, two sons their father and millions of music fans a figure who was much loved and admired.
    Even if you weren't a fan of Lennon the man or the music, he didn't deserve to die like that. Chapman may repent all he like, but the facts speak for themselves IMO. He knew exactly what he was doing and WHY he was doing it.

TheLazenby Guest
    I don't even think "repent" is in that guy's vocabulary.

I mean, he did once say that if he got out, he'd bump off George, Ringo, Paul and Yoko as well.

heaven can wait Guest
    I see they're planning to make a biopic about the life of John Lennon.

Anyone know when they start shooting?

FannyB1923 Guest
    I didn't see any posts with this pic yet-
    http://duggmirror.com/world_news/13_...ass-127009.jpg

I remember the first time I saw that cover in the record store- shocking and sad. Yes, those are the glasses he was wearing. She said she put in on the cover to remind people that he didn't just die, he was murdered.

lisalouver Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by heaven can wait View Post
    I see they're planning to make a biopic about the life of John Lennon.

Anyone know when they start shooting?
    Chapter 27 was already filmed but had very limited release. It starred Jared Leto as Chapman - he gained close to 70 lbs for the role. Lindsay Lohan is also in it.

It was based on the three days leading up to Lennon's murder and the title is geared towards a continuation of the book The Catcher in the Rye which Chapman of course was carrying when he shot Lennon. Catcher ends with Chapter 26.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0488988/

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chapter_27

I would like to see it, it was supposed to be based a bit on the bio Let me Take you Down about Chapman's life.

As for one on Lennon himself, I have'nt heard about that.

Quote Originally Posted by lisalouver View Post
    Chapter 27 was already filmed but had very limited release. It starred Jared Leto as Chapman - he gained close to 70 lbs for the role. Lindsay Lohan is also in it.

It was based on the three days leading up to Lennon's murder and the title is geared towards a continuation of the book The Catcher in the Rye which Chapman of course was carrying when he shot Lennon. Catcher ends with Chapter 26.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0488988/

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chapter_27

I would like to see it, it was supposed to be based a bit on the bio Let me Take you Down about Chapman's life.

As for one on Lennon himself, I have'nt heard about that.
    Here's the trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TktOCF-iBTQ

The DVD is available at Amazon for a bit less than 15 bucks.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

lisalouver Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by cindyt View Post
    Here's the trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TktOCF-iBTQ

The DVD is available at Amazon for a bit less than 15 bucks.
    Thanks Cindy!

I might pick up the DVD. I would like to see it.

Can you believe that the guy playing John Lennon is named Mark Lindsay Chapman?

Chapman's mug shots

From bottom to top: 1980, 1998, 2003
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	MDC.jpg 
Views:	98 
Size:	93.5 KB 
ID:	6698  

Quote Originally Posted by TheNotherOne View Post
    Anyone else here share the opinion that Yoko is more attractive at 70 than she was at 40?
    Hell no......the thing is with Yoko is that back in her younger days, depending on the angle you saw her in, she was kind of attractive, but others, well....let's be honest here....she was not a good looking lady.

She had an okay body, though.

lisalouver Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by TheNotherOne View Post
    From bottom to top: 1980, 1998, 2003
    God, that last one...I can not believe how much Leto looked like him for that movie.

Spooky.

Find A Death Fan Guest
    Just finished a HUGE book written about John Lennon, called "The Lives Of John Lennon by Albert Goldman. It's sort of a tell-all book, don't know how much of it is true or not though.

Mach2 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Find A Death Fan View Post
    Just finished a HUGE book written about John Lennon, called "The Lives Of John Lennon by Albert Goldman. It's sort of a tell-all book, don't know how much of it is true or not though.
    If that's the bio Im thinking of it is almost as unreliable as a Kitty Kelly bio.

Find A Death Fan Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Mach2 View Post
    If that's the bio Im thinking of it is almost as unreliable as a Kitty Kelly bio.

He does portray Lennon in a some what negative light. I assume he is just doing it for shock value though, instead of an truthful accounting, went the controversial route. Yoko Ono is a different story, you can tell he really have a disdain for her.

http://www.amazon.com/Lives-John-Len.../dp/1556523998

34. 07-25-2008, 02:07 AM

When the Goldman book came out, Bono got so riled he put it in a song:

Don't believe in Goldman
    His type like a curse
    Instant karma's going to get him
    If I don't get him first

Quote Originally Posted by siameseman View Post
    I have always been a Beatles fan and have read that Albert Coleman book as well. I really wonder how much of it is true. It must be like around 10 years ago that i read it but I always recall the thing in there about John Lennon apparently walking around his apartment with no clothes on and not caring if people saw him like that as he ate dinner etc. He would just tell people he was the great John lennon and he could do whatever he wanted. As for Yoko Ono I mainly recall reading about her and drugs. She was using heroin and she would get someone to go and get it for her and would try to keep this hidden from John. Very interesting book but many people say its all a bunch of lies. Even if some of this stuff is true I still admire John lennon (except for how he cut Julian and his wife Cynthia from his life). As for MDC I don't care if he is mentally ill and that is why he killed John lennon. He still in my opinion deserves death by firing squad.

Goldman is full of shit.
    He didn't do much research and told people "I want dirt"
    He made up 95 percent of what he wrote.

Crap, total crap

Noelle Page Guest
    He does portray Lennon in a some what negative light. I assume he is just doing it for shock value though, instead of an truthful accounting, went the controversial route. Yoko Ono is a different story, you can tell he really have a disdain for her.

http://www.amazon.com/Lives-John-Len.../dp/1556523998

I am re-reading this book....it is disdainful, but also very interesting and insightful. I heard he started out idolizing Lennon, but grew disillusioned the more he researched him. He gave Elvis the same treatment. I love both books, great hag reads.

Goldman was a very smart guy, a real iconoclast and extremely irrreverant. Almost Scott-Michaelseque, lol.

I know someone who knew Goldman (she said he was kind of a "noodge," whatever that is, a yiddish term?), and I always wanted to wangle an introduction. But he died....on a flight, of all things.

More about Goldman: he was a digger, I believe he was the first to discover that Colonel tom Parker was a Dutchman (wtf?).....also he wrote a book about Lenny Bruce, and was working on a Jim Morrison bio when he died. OH, would I LOVE to have read his treatment of Jim!
    Last edited by Noelle Page; 07-30-2008 at 09:49 PM.

TheMysterian Guest

Lennon killer gets wife time in Attica

Seagorath Guest
    How convenient...Sick bastard afforded some pleasures...

...Not right.

deathybrad Guest
    They're still married after all these years? What kind of confused bitch wants to be near this guy anyway?

someone married that?!

Jazbabee Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by deathybrad View Post
    They're still married after all these years? What kind of confused bitch wants to be near this guy anyway?

Amen to that!!!!! Let's hope they haven't tainted the gene pool !!!

deathybrad Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Jazbabee View Post
    Amen to that!!!!! Let's hope they haven't tainted the gene pool !!!
    Who's banging her back in Hawaii?

Bake Guest
    She flys in from Hawaii once a year to visit? He's a prisoner...Does Yoko gets conjegal visits from John? Don't think so....

deathybrad Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Bake View Post
    She flys in from Hawaii once a year to visit? He's a prisoner...Does Yoko gets conjegal visits from John? Don't think so....
    I guess he's not getting enough from his cell mates.

Ew.
    ??If you enter this world knowing you are loved and you leave this world knowing the same, then everything that happens in between can be dealt with.? - Michael Jackson

lab_rat Guest
    He has a wife??

Quote Originally Posted by Bake View Post
    ...Does Yoko gets conjugal visits from John? Don't think so....
    Ugh...I felt bad for John for wanting to fuck her.

leevancleef Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Aries65 View Post
    Ugh...I felt bad for John for wanting to fuck her.
    I felt bad for him for having to LOOK at her every morning...go figure

Quote Originally Posted by deathybrad View Post
    I guess he's not getting enough from his cell mates.
    Score! good one deathybrad!

I wonder if he called her Yoko during the "visit". They sorta favor.