Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Chris Benoit

Jack Raines Guest
    I think its from early 2004.

Fujicakes Guest
    You're right, it does seem kinda fucked up now.

Quote Originally Posted by melmoney View Post
    No, it doesn't. The autopsy revealed an elevated level of a synthetic form of testosterone in his system that the chief medical examiner attributed to treatment for a testosterone deficiency caused by previous steroid abuse. There was no indication that anything in Chris' body contributed to his violent behavior that led to the murder-suicide. That was the opinion of the chief medical examiner.

It has also been speculated that brain damage that Benoit suffered could be a reason for his violence. They studied his brain and said it looked like the brain of an Alzheimer's patient, which can lead to severe behavorial changes.

But we won't ever really know what happened in that house to set it all off. It could have been a undetected mental disorder. Or it could have been a crime of rage and passion that happened in an instant. The possibilities are endless really.
    I was watching on E channel 15 unforgettable tragedies, and they said he had what they call "boxers dementia" from where he had so many concussions (too many to count) from wrestling, which can make a person very paranoid. They said that coupled with the fact of the steroid abuse made him a ticking timebomb. However, one doctor did say that you have to have those tendencies before for their to be " 'roid rage". One thing they found unusual to the " 'roid rage" theory though was all of the bodies had bibles next to them. It could have been the paranoia..but who knows.

Alexandra Guest
    Check this out from the TruTV forum, hope no one minds me linking to it (if it's not okay just drop me a PM) : http://boards.trutv.com/showthread.php?t=1841

Apparently Benoit was answering the door while on the phone with Chavo, then there were sounds of a scuffle.

My opinion, Benoit ticked someone off, they killed him and his family, and made it look like a double murder/suicide.

rockalittle Guest
    I think he had issues..psychological issues that were not dealt with.. that combined with all those chair shots to the head, and horrid falls, and bumps to the head combined with 'roids. a drug is a drug and alll drugs have side effects!!!-combined with, didn't they say he thought his wife was fooling around on him...??
    it all made him crazy..period
    Last edited by rockalittle; 06-14-2009 at 07:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexandra View Post
    Check this out from the TruTV forum, hope no one minds me linking to it (if it's not okay just drop me a PM) : http://boards.trutv.com/showthread.php?t=1841

Apparently Benoit was answering the door while on the phone with Chavo, then there were sounds of a scuffle.

My opinion, Benoit ticked someone off, they killed him and his family, and made it look like a double murder/suicide.

WOw thanks for the link. IDK about this one. I loved Chris and part of me will always hope that he didn't really do this, but some of those theories are.. well a little crazy. Satanic cults and such.... But then again we have seen stranger things around here
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"I will be buried in a spring loaded casket filled with confetti, and a future archaeologist will have one awesome day at work."

MissJames Guest
    wow..that was an interesting read..... I loved watching Chris..either way I hope he and his family are at peace

Northern Lights Guest
    He was my favorite, after his death I didn't watch wrestling for a while. RIP Chris

bump
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"I will be buried in a spring loaded casket filled with confetti, and a future archaeologist will have one awesome day at work."

Ok so after doing more research last night I have one question. Who has four bibles in their house?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

steffie Guest
    I don't

Quote Originally Posted by Miho View Post
    Ok so after doing more research last night I have one question. Who has four bibles in their house?
    4 family members, maybe each had their own bible? There's 2 people in my house and we each have our own bible.

growing up, my fam, who is NOT religious by any stretch of the imagination, had at least 3-4 I thinks

Hubby has at least 2, I have one, and there might be a 4th floating amongst here somewhere

Not really unheard of.

Can I ask why one would need their own bible? Can a family just share one?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Well we each have one because when we go to class at church we go to 2 different classes. Mine is a women's study bible and my son's is more of a teen bible.

Quote Originally Posted by mdespain38 View Post
    Well we each have one because when we go to class at church we go to 2 different classes. Mine is a women's study bible and my son's is more of a teen bible.

Ahhhh gotcha. Ok that makes sense. My family never owned a bible at all so I truly am curious about people who have multiple ones.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Ahhhh gotcha. Ok that makes sense. My family never owned a bible at all so I truly am curious about people who have multiple ones.

No problem. It could also be a southern thing.

I think it is more then just a southern thing LOL I live in Arizona..mostly Catholic religion, and i have many religious friends where each person in the house has their own bible. Im not real religious, but I have at least 3 bibles of my own, one was a family one that I got when my grandma died, other 2 were just given to me or found along the way.

I remember the case of Chris Benoit very well. I am a very big fan of wrestling, and when I discovered in the news that case...
    I think that all that succeed with Chris Benoit it´s hard for the image of wrestling.
    When God goes to bed every night, he prays to CM Punk.

MetalHeadBettie Guest
    This crime was really shocking to me when I first heard about it, but now I think that paranoia and dementia caused by multiple head injuries makes perfect sense. My ex-husband was very much like Chris Benoit. We were friends through most of high school, he was a sweet guy, and I think he genuinely loved me...at least at one time. But Tyler was a college football player. He'd already had two major concussions in high school--one so bad that he couldn't even leave the house for nearly a week.

Football was his life. When he wasn't at practice or hanging out with me, he was at the gym, no exceptions. But in his second year of college, he hit the back of his head on a metal post while doing some routine training drills with the other lineman. He wasn't wearing a helmet at the time and he was knocked out. Later on in practice, after he'd come to, they tried to get him to go out on the field and his knees just buckled and he collapsed again. At the hospital they told us he couldn't play football anymore, because another major head injury could kill him.

To make a long, painful story short, Tyler became a different person. He was so suspicious of me, harrassing my friends and always accusing me of cheating. He talked about killing himself and me if I ever cheated or left him. He began to abuse me emotionally and physically. In the end, he began to cheat on me. One night he beat me up and threw me around at my parents' house. I left him after that, and I really think he would have killed one or even both of us if I hadn't. I imagine life for Nancy and Daniel Benoit was like what I endured with Tyler, but much worse.

radiojane Guest
    My experience is nowhere near that, but I've known quite a few hockey players who have gone through behavioral changes after head injuries. The amount of irrational anger you see in someone that's been knocked out too many times is frightening. Call me a snob, but I just don't get it. WE KNOW that bad shit happens if we injure our brains or mess with our body chemistry via hormones and steriods. Why in god's name is wrestling or beating eachother with sticks worth it?

MetalHeadBettie Guest
    What you said about irrational anger is so true. Tyler would rage up so quickly, and over nothing. One time we were having a little argument about something stupid--I think it was a minor money thing. He was getting really shitty and calling me names so I just said, "Baby, you know I can't talk to you when you're like this. I'm going to go for a walk, we'll talk it out when you're cooled down." I turned to leave the bedroom and walked out to the living room when I heard his footsteps running up behind me. I was instantly terrified and started running for the front door without looking back. He screamed, "DON'T YOU EVER FUCKING WALK AWAY FROM ME!" and picked me up and threw me into a wall. I hit my cheek on the bedroom doorknob and it swelled up something horrible. And all that from nothing. I wasn't even screaming or raising my voice.

Our Lady Peace Discuss Retiring The Late Chris Benoit's WWE Theme Song
    By Daniel Pena
    Apr 14, 2012 - 5:00:36 PM

Jon Chattman of The Huffington Post conducted an interview with Canadian alternative rock band Our Lady Peace where they discuss how they've had to retire Chris Benoit's WWE theme song "Whatever" altogether because of the incomprehensible tragedy that took place five years ago.

DionysianSpirit Guest

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Pryncis Guest
    That house is gorgeous!

MinLynn Guest
    I don't care what happened in that house! It's beautiful and quite a steal of that price! I don't even know what I would do with all those rooms! Lord knows the kids wouldn't be bothering me!

While I would normally say living in a murder house wouldn't bother me.. I just don't know about this one. He was a child hood hero to me and I just don't know if I could take knowing what rooms he killed his family in.. I found myself feeling the same sense of dread when I was looking at the slideshow.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

crusher38 Guest
    weird weird circumstances surrounding the deaths of chris and his family......no signs of forced entry...because all the doors were unlocked....dogs were put away........ and this is odd, he left texts to cetain wrestler friends stating his address and that the side door was open but nothing ever came of it......i personally think it was a hit because benoit was scheduled to win the ecw world title the same week so why would you off yourself? titles mean more money. it kinda makes sense as to why he was tied up to the cable weights to make it look like a suicide after two murders. someone wanted either him or his wife dead.

Kiersten Guest
    I remember when this first happened. It really broke my heart since I loved the guy growing up.

That said, I've always felt like he had so many concussions and brain damage, and I believe the brain of an 80 year old Alzheimer's patient, that I don't feel like he planned any of that to happen. He just snapped and felt so horrible when he realized what he'd done that he killed himself. But that's just my opinion and no one will ever know for sure 100%

I have lupus and asthma, and several times a year i have to take prescription steroids. Nothing like the doses he was taking. After a week, they make you feel like crap. They make you feel sweaty, irritable to to point of sometimes being emotionally irrational. I cannot imagine what he must have felt like, on top of having several brain injuries. I believe that he just snapped. And its just so terribly tragic.

Mammy Guest
    That house is awesome. It is horrible what took place there, but it really has nothing to do with the house itself. I would gladly live in it. It would likely bother me more if the place was bloody and gruesome after the murders.

Quote Originally Posted by Mammy View Post
    That house is awesome. It is horrible what took place there, but it really has nothing to do with the house itself. I would gladly live in it. It would likely bother me more if the place was bloody and gruesome after the murders.
    for me it would be worse if I'd seen crime scene photos of the place but for sure I'd have to do some kinda ritual spiritual cleansing of the place(burning sage I've heard is what you're suppose to do) even if it's bunk I'd still do it just in case

I don't think the house was very bloody or gruesome. I believe Nancy was found with a small amount of blood under her head and his son was suffocated to death. I believe they were found within 48 hours as well.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I don't think the house was very bloody or gruesome. I believe Nancy was found with a small amount of blood under her head and his son was suffocated to death. I believe they were found within 48 hours as well.
    I read that he killed his son in a choke hold. I'm hoping the Xanax he had in his system was enough to knock him out before his dad did that to him. Imagine how scary that would be if you were 8.

Sad situation all the way around. I still can't wrap my mind around people killing their own kids.

Quote Originally Posted by dstrattenfan View Post
    Our Lady Peace Discuss Retiring The Late Chris Benoit's WWE Theme Song
    By Daniel Pena
    Apr 14, 2012 - 5:00:36 PM

Jon Chattman of The Huffington Post conducted an interview with Canadian alternative rock band Our Lady Peace where they discuss how they've had to retire Chris Benoit's WWE theme song "Whatever" altogether because of the incomprehensible tragedy that took place five years ago.
    I have to recognise that "Whatever" is one of my favourite songs. I love it!
    When God goes to bed every night, he prays to CM Punk.