Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Mayhem: Ã?ystein Aarseth (Euronymous), Per Yngve Ohlin

Seagorath Guest
    bump

Bobby_Garfield Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Vlad View Post
    Graphic pic:

Dead
    Why is the knife ON TOP of the gun?!? Thats impossible! He shot himself, the gun dropped and than?

NineTails20 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Flowergrrl View Post
    I was more interested in Dead's story... So, I never read too much about what happened to Euronymous.

Graphic pic:

Here's a pic of the album cover

His suicide note made me laugh; it contained the classic line, "Excuse the blood.". In fact, just quoting it makes my eldest son giggle like a madman.

NineTails20 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobby_Garfield View Post
    Why is the knife ON TOP of the gun?!? Thats impossible! He shot himself, the gun dropped and than?

If I recall rightly, Dead slit his wrists first, then blew his brains out(literally). I've got a book about the whole scene which goes into greater depth about the whole Varg Vikernes/Oystein Aarseth situation. I'll dig it out and see what else I can post up here.

MunstersBabe Guest
    I never got into these bands that sound like the Cookie Monster on crack running through the forest with a chainsaw. Blah.

NineTails20 Guest
    I never got into the music, but the whole 'scene' around them fascinated me. If anyone's interested, read the book 'Lords Of Chaos', by Michael Moynihan and Didrick Soderlund. It really goes beneath the shock horror of it all, and studies the basis of it.

Quote Originally Posted by NineTails20 View Post
    I never got into the music, but the whole 'scene' around them fascinated me. If anyone's interested, read the book 'Lords Of Chaos', by Michael Moynihan and Didrick Soderlund. It really goes beneath the shock horror of it all, and studies the basis of it.
    Good book! A lot of those guys are certifiable!
    The most dangerous woman of all is the one who refuses to rely on your sword to save her because she carries her own.

- R.H. Sin

NineTails20 Guest
    Varg Vikernes scares me. There's a coldness about him, he's detached from reality, and yet he comes across as highly intelligent. Not only is he spouting Norse mythology, he's well read on the subject and is able to twist it to his own ends.

*shudders*

Yeah! I got pretty sick of his rantings, that was my only complaint about that book.
    The most dangerous woman of all is the one who refuses to rely on your sword to save her because she carries her own.

- R.H. Sin

endsleigh03 Guest
    Just finished watching Until The Light Takes Us on Sundance (2008)

The footage of Varg in court when he was sentenced was depressing. He was just barely past being a kid (and looked it) He knew the cameras were rolling and had to stay 'on' or in character after getting 21 years slapped on him.

Liked the docu but it was all a little stupid. They showed one of these guys at some kind of art opening just 2 years ago torching pictures, cutting his arm and neck with a large blade. Oh, and he sliced up a couch. Others described him as 'lost'. No kidding. Lost in time.

Seagorath Guest
    When is Varg getting out of prison? I know he does that prison-metal-electro-metal-experimentation band Burzham from his cell.

How the hell do you put out albums from prison? Is that even possible? Who funds that?

MunstersBabe Guest
    He was released awhile back, but was arrested again last summer (2013) for planning terrorist attacks with his wife. She purchased four fire arms WITH a permit in France. (Are their gun laws there like it is in the US? A felon can't legally own or possess one?) Seems like I heard those charges were dropped from lack of evidence? I think they charged him with breach of racism law because of his blogs. Someone correct me if I am wrong.

Seagorath Guest
    This guy is the freest murderer ever. Jebus. He can basically kill again...and probably will. And some woman is sick enough to date him. lol.

Quote Originally Posted by MunstersBabe View Post
    He was released awhile back, but was arrested again last summer (2013) for planning terrorist attacks with his wife. She purchased four fire arms WITH a permit in France. (Are their gun laws there like it is in the US? A felon can't legally own or possess one?) Seems like I heard those charges were dropped from lack of evidence? I think they charged him with breach of racism law because of his blogs. Someone correct me if I am wrong.

MunstersBabe Guest
    If you want to kill someone, go to Norway and do it. You only get a 21 year "life sentence".

FooFoo Shnickens Guest
    Not a Death Metal/Black Metal fan at all, but I also read the book "Lords of Chaos". It was a fascinating read. These people are/were INSANE.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby_Garfield View Post
    can someone explain this? I don't get how the knife can be on top of the gun.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Seagorath Guest
    Haha. I know. If you want to hang out with your friends and take bong rips and reflect on a murder...go to Norway.

Quote Originally Posted by MunstersBabe View Post
    If you want to kill someone, go to Norway and do it. You only get a 21 year "life sentence".

bat115 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Finnegan View Post
    can someone explain this? I don't get how the knife can be on top of the gun.
    When Euronymous came home and found Dead dead, He added some props to the scene, before taking the pic. At least, that is what I had heard before.

collyvictoria Guest
    What's the name of the book? Sorry this is so late but I'd like to look it up possibly

Link to the trailer for the Lords of Chaos movie.

https://youtu.be/M7zrHiqoJ6k

I had forgotten how damn hard it was to read the Thread title. It makes my tongue cramp.
    Stay in Drugs. Eat your School. Don't do Vegetables.

Just watched the Lords of Chaos movie.

Wow. I never really knew how hardkore this whole situation was...
    It's pretty poser/great that Norwegian black metal isn't about church burning (oh the woodwork!), murder and <insert something else Mayhem did here>

I do have a serious amount of respect for and fear of, Mayhem.

*All That Mayhem.

Lords of Chaos (the movie) is a VICE film, so take that how you will, was hella gross to me, and answered or addressed a lot of the questions brought up previously on this thread.

*Is also a great documentary about crazy lives and death.
    Last edited by Melisscious; 02-24-2019 at 12:35 AM.

Varg Now and Then

Varg from BURZUM Records 10-Minute Video Slamming MAYHEM's Euronymous, The Man He Murdered 20 Years Ago

http://www.metalinjection.net/shocki...-years-ago/amp
    Last edited by Admin Cindy; 02-24-2019 at 12:34 AM. Reason: Fixed link

Black metal usualy grates my nerves, but I must say Burzum’s “Dunkelheit” is addictive to me. “Jesu Død” sounds lo-fi, but that riff that goes through the whole thing is fantastic!
    Dead actually had a good raw voice.
    I think it all started with a “strangest deaths in rock” article on FB that sent me on a Google binge over this whole Mayhem saga, and Varg might be a little looney tunes, but I kind of believe his neutralizing a threat story. He knew he was getting the max. Apparently, there is no death penalty in Norway, so what reason did he have to lie? According to his story on the murder in the website, he could have pinned the whole thing on Snorre Ruch, but he didn’t. Snorre was with him, but out for a smoke at the time.