Page 14 of 20 FirstFirst ... 51213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Freddie Mercury

burgtwngrl Guest
    Thank you for the Reminder! I bought a Queen T-Shirt for my husband about a month ago.

No, His music will never go out of style.

pvezz Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Aylen View Post
    This Saturday (September 5) is Freddie's 63rd birthday. I hope everyone will lift a glass for him, play a few Queen tunes and enjoy the day in his honor.

Hard to believe he'd be 63 and that he's been gone so long. His death is one that I'll always remember where I was and what I was doing when I heard the news. Every time I think about him dying, virtually alone, it makes me so sad. There was a docu on VH1 a few weeks ago that I DVR'd; he was so frail at the end.

Long Gone Day Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Aylen View Post
    This Saturday (September 5) is Freddie's 63rd birthday. I hope everyone will lift a glass for him, play a few Queen tunes and enjoy the day in his honor.

You know it!

I'm watching "Classic Albums" about Queen right now. Love you, Freddie.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]peek-a-boo!!

Snoopy Guest
    Happy Birthday Freddie...his music truely is timeless..my 14 year old is a big Queen fan.

Meli Guest
    I just finished Mercury and Me, written by Freddie's long time lover Jim Hutton... god what a tear jerker the end was. All I have to say, is Freddie's friend Mary sounds like a real cunt! Going against all of Freddie's wishes like she did (shakes head) Id hate to be her when her and Freddie meet up in the after life!!

Meli Guest
    Okay, Playstation just came out with a Queen Singstar (which is a Karokee game, we have it for our PS3) You know I had to buy it. It was worth every penny.... the only song they didnt have that I love is Love of my Life... BUT they have all of the videos for the songs. I forgot how sexy Freddie was in "Crazy little thing called love" Just sang for 2 hours, hubby says it's time for Queen to go to bed (poop head!!) Anyways, all you Queen (Freddie) lovers who like Karokee go get it!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Meli View Post
    I just finished Mercury and Me, written by Freddie's long time lover Jim Hutton... god what a tear jerker the end was. All I have to say, is Freddie's friend Mary sounds like a real cunt! Going against all of Freddie's wishes like she did (shakes head) Id hate to be her when her and Freddie meet up in the after life!!
    Take some of Jim's comments about Mary with a grain of salt. Other friends of Freddie remarked that Hutton thought that he should get Garden Lodge since he'd lived there with Freddie and he was quite upset at having to move.
    Most of the people who knew Freddie thought that Mary carried out his wishes the way he wanted them excepts for her delay in scattering or burying his ashes. If she didn't follow his wishes, she will get a good chewing out with some shouting when she reaches the "Great Beyond."
    "What if the Hokey Pokey is what it's really all about?" Jimmy Buffett

Jim Hutton was a big fucking asshole who cashed in on Freddies death by writing about the humiliating final days of his life. To this day, if I saw that worthless gold digging piece of shit I'd punch him in the throat. Who sells out the person they claim to live by writing embarrassing things just to make a buck?

JMO of course.
    Performing my signature monkey hump move since 10/16/2007...

RIP Dad- 11/14/1947 to 12/16/2013

Meli Guest
    18 years today RIP to the Greatest Musician ever!

YouTube - Queen - Bohemian Rhapsody [ High Definition ]

Guest Guest
    Gone but never forgotten! A legend! R.I.P Freddie!

Meli Guest
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	celebrity-pictures-mercury-legend.jpg 
Views:	82 
Size:	55.6 KB 
ID:	16709

Thought this was appropriate for today.

Sam Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Vlad View Post
    Gone but never forgotten! A legend! R.I.P Freddie!
    Glad to see you back, my friend!

Guest Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    Glad to see you back, my friend!
    Thank you Sam

sablegsd Guest
    We miss you Freddy!

R.I.P.

Paige B Guest
    Ooooh I loved Freddie Mercury. I was listening to Barcelona today...what a voice!

Vlad? Vlady? Is that you?!?!?

I have been to the Freddie Mercury bar in Stonetown, Zanzibar. Total dive of course but has lovely views back across the ocean to Tanzania.
    I am a sick puppy....woof woof!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Carping the living shit out of the Diem. - Me!!
    http://www.pinterest.com/neilmpenny

RIP Freddie- you're still the greatest!!!
    Performing my signature monkey hump move since 10/16/2007...

RIP Dad- 11/14/1947 to 12/16/2013

Quote Originally Posted by DietCokeofEvil View Post
    RIP Freddie- you're still the greatest!!!
    No one could ever top or replace Freddie as a showman. Yes, Michael Jackson was incredibly talented and one-of-a-kind, but Freddie also had talent that comes once in a lifetime. It's so hideously unfair and tragic that he left us way too soon.

orionova Guest
    I really miss Freddie. He was one of the greats.

21. 11-25-2009, 05:14 AM

Has it been 18 years already????? Christ, time really flies.

Queen, and especially Freddie Mercury is one of my all-time favourites. I always wanted to see them live, but that never happened unfortunately. He was a true rockpersonality on stage. He could stir up the crowds like crazy.
    Some people just need a high five.... in the face.... with a chair...

Snoopy Guest
    RIP freddie..Gone much too soon...your talent is sorely missed and never to be replaced.

Perdi Guest
    It says SSOO much for Freddie both as a person and a musician that even 18 years after his death we all remember him with so much affection.

I don't know that we will ever see his like again, and I am so thankful that I got to see Live Aid...he really did take over the world that day.

RIP Freddie. You are still sorely missed, and always will be.

Guest Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Perdi View Post
    It says SSOO much for Freddie both as a person and a musician that even 18 years after his death we all remember him with so much affection.

I don't know that we will ever see his like again, and I am so thankful that I got to see Live Aid...he really did take over the world that day.

RIP Freddie. You are still sorely missed, and always will be.
    You got to see live aid? Me jealous

Meli Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by vlad View Post
    you got to see live aid? Me jealous

me too!

Me too!!!!!!!!!!

That was such an awsome day. I saw everything on the telly. With an exception of about two hours, because my dad wanted to see the Tour the France. Queen and U2 where the highlights for me.
    Some people just need a high five.... in the face.... with a chair...

Perdi Guest
    ok, now I feel bad!! When I say that I got to see Live Aid, I meant on the tele!! Sorry to confuse!! Wish I could take the credit and say I was there but sadly not. I meant that I am pleased Live Aid happened in my life time, and that I got to witness it and see the day Freddie became the King as well as Queen.

He had the crowd eating out of his hand, and I will never forget when they did 'We Will Rock You' and a hundred thousand people in Wembley had their arms in the air doing the whole clapping thing. Amazing!

Cool video of Tatars singing "We Are The Champions".
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7tyaX...layer_embedded#
    A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another.

brizerker Guest
    I don't know if you guys have seen it or if it's been covered in this thread but there is an anime called Cromartie High School that includes Freddie! He doesn't ever speak in the series but check out his introduction!

http://www.youtube.com/v/FJ6nZMgzIHw&hl=en_US&fs=1
    Last edited by brizerker; 02-16-2010 at 09:56 PM. Reason: Embedding not allowed, posted link instead.

knothere Guest
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LeSvPDAi4l8

i remember wachin this origonaly air on tv but now it meanz much moar to me

Town Without Pity Guest
    I was lucky to see Queen with Freddie several times, some of the best concerts I ever attended. Freddie was amazing and commanded the stage as the showman he was. Never to be replaced. My 9 yr old grandson knows all their songs. Amazing man and music that will never die.

Meli Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Town Without Pity View Post
    I was lucky to see Queen with Freddie several times, some of the best concerts I ever attended. Freddie was amazing and commanded the stage as the showman he was. Never to be replaced. My 9 yr old grandson knows all their songs. Amazing man and music that will never die.

Im insanely jealous of you! I wish I would have been old enough to attend a Queen concert!!!

candleinthewind Guest
    Damn straight his music will never die. My kids love to sing with Freddie.

Quote Originally Posted by Town Without Pity View Post
    You are incredibly lucky and I'm so envious! It must have been exciting to see Freddie owning the stage. This sounds crazy since I never knew him, but I miss Freddie and his music.

Love the cheese biscuits story. Every Thursday afternoon Freddie would drop around to visit with his mum. She would make up a big tin of cheese biscuits for Freddie to take with him . Every Thursday he would get a big tin of cheese biscuits . LOL I look for cheese biscuits when I'm in the bakery section of the food market. Just luv'm when I can get'm.

Daphne Guest
    Goddamn Freddie and Queen was one of this generation's greatest, I just listened to Bohemian Rhapsody, which I had honestly forgotten about.. they were amazing, RIP our Freddie, thank you for so many great songs!

sablegsd Guest
    He was an amazing talent. He was one of a kind.

I'm convinced that Freddie knew at an early age that there was something special about him. By the time he and his family moved to the United Kingdom, he was telling people that he would be famous some day and not in the way someone who was daydreaming would state that fact.
    More than anything, I wish I could have met Freddie, even if it involved a brief conversation. He seemed uncertain that people would want to approach him, saying,
    "They probably think, 'that Freddie Mercury, he would never speak to me!'"

I'm listening to "Another One Bites The Dust" right now.

Great singer, RIP Freddie.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Here one day, Gone one night, Gone too soon...
    Missing you forever...

As Freddie said of the group at Wembley in '86 "We're not bad for four aging queens!"

One more quote:
    "Is Billy Idol just doing a bad Elvis pout, or was he born that way?" - -- Freddie Mercury

Sacha Baron Cohen is to play Freddie Mercury

The comedian behind Ali G and Borat will star as the flamboyant musician in a film tracking the build up to the band’s memorable performance at Live Aid in 1985.

The project has the backing of Mercury’s surviving band mates – guitarist Brian May and drummer Roger Taylor are both on board as musical consultants.

In an interview with the BBC, May disclosed that Baron Cohen had first expressed interest in the part two years ago.

He said: "We have Sacha Baron Cohen, which will probably be a shock to a lot of people, but he's been talking with us for a long time."
    The role marks a break for Baron Cohen, who has built a career playing outrageously offensive characters of his own creation in spoof documentaries.
    The Cambridge-educated performer found international fame with his 2003 film Ali G Indahouse, in which he played the oafish, rap-obsessed caricature of urban youth Ali G
    His subsequent films Borat, about a witless Kazakh visitor to the US, and Bruno, in which he pretended to be gay Austrian fashion presenter – were huge Box Office successes on both sides of the Atlantic.
    But both films attracted controversy, amid claims that they stereotyped minorities and humiliated members of public.
    The Queen film has yet to be given a title but production is due to commence next year. The screenplay is being written by Peter Morgan, who has previously worked on Frost/Nixon.
    A spokesman for GK Films, which is co-producing the movie, said: "Freddie Mercury was an awe-inspiring performer so with Sacha in the starring role, coupled with Peter's screenplay and the support of Queen, we have the perfect combination to tell the real story behind their success
    I shall die, but that is all that I shall do for Death; I am not on his pay-roll.

Edna St. Vincent Millay

I'm actually quite excited to see how this film turns out. I think Sacha Baron Cohen is a perfect choice, at least looks wise. Fingers crossed he does a good job!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

From my rotting body, flowers shall grow and I am in them and that is eternity. ~Edvard Munch

pvezz Guest
    He died on this day in 1991. RIP, Freddie.

NewYorkDoll Guest
    i just watched a BBC made special on him yesterday on the logo channel.

Can't believe it-19 years......

Djen Guest
    I see a little silhouette-o of a man...

Love him!

19 years, wow, what a shame

From Freddie's song, "The Golden Boy":
    "The boy had a way with words he sang.
    He moved with grace he entertained so naturally, no gesture out of place.
    His road in life was clearly drawn, he didn't hesitate.
    He played, they saw, he conquered as the master of his fate..

His rise was irresistible, he grew into the part.
    His explanation simply that he suffered for his art.
    No base consideration of some glittering reward.
    The purpose of his life was that his work was noticed and adored."
    Freddie, you're still missed and no-one will EVER take your place onstage or in the music industry.

sablegsd Guest
    I still miss you Freddie. You were one of a kind and this world will never see a better singer, songwriter and front man than you. You WILL live forever in our hearts.

I've been a huge Queen fan since the early 80's and have even gone to several conventions. They are such a blast. I highly recommend going if you are a big Queen fan. I still miss Freddie. What a huge loss to the music world.

52. 12-10-2010, 08:21 AM