Page 6 of 56 FirstFirst ... 456781555 ... LastLast

Thread: Kurt Cobain

Grungegirl83 Guest
    He died in One Stars, so that's rude to release them. Its awful to release any of those shoes, kurt would HATE that

Flowergrrl Guest
    I liked the Doc Marten ad:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	kurdt.jpg 
Views:	142 
Size:	60.3 KB 
ID:	4445  

death hag dee Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Ratgrrl View Post
    didnt Courtney fight this ad?

Flowergrrl Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by death hag dee View Post
    Yep, I thought the ads were cool. They had other dead rock stars in them too.

Here's some info on it:

http://www.people.com/people/article...040249,00.html

It does say something about Courtney.

RaRaRamona Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Raines View Post
    Courtney continues exploiting Kurt's name to a disgusting degree. God I hate that fucking bitch...
    Converse are about to release a very special collection of shoes, inspired by Kurt Cobain and sanctioned by Courtney Love and the Cobain estate. In this world exclusive, the NFC will bring you the first high resolution pictures ever published of the shoes and the first description of what the collection offers.

To honor Cobain, in May, Converse will debut their Kurt Cobain collection of shoes featuring artwork and scribbles borrowed from Cobain's personal notebooks. It will mark a central part of the year-long 100th Anniversary 'Welcome to the Converse Century' celebration.

"Distressed in the way Kurt Cobain wore them, the shoes provide a rarely seen glimpse into the head of this musical and lyrical genius with sketches that display his hopes, dreams and lyrics from amazing songs such as Come As You Are."

To further pay tribute to the late singer, three of the Converse shoes that Cobain was often seen wearing will be reflected in the new collection which includes versions of Chuck Taylor All Star, Jack Purcell and One Star shoes. To make the collection even more unique, they'll have wear and fray detailing and Kurt Cobain's signature subtly embroidered on the shoe's outer.

The shoes will be made available in black and white versions and should retail for around $50 - $65.

Here's pics of the Kurt Cobain-licensed shoes, courtesy of Nirvana Fan Club:
    That's stupid.

RaRaRamona Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Ratgrrl View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by death hag dee View Post

Yeah but she was so obviously conflicted: mad b/c she didn't think of it first, mad b/c she wasn't getting paid.

cachluv Guest
    Smells Like The Spirit Of Kurt Cobain Rolling Over In His Grave

Iā??m sure that if Kurt Cobain were still alive today, he would simply have loved lending his name to the side of a corporate line of sneakers. What could be more punk rock than that? (Also: real classy, Courtney.)

See the super-indie message scrawled on the bottom of the shoe (woah, writing on the bottom!?! SO PUNK!) after the jump!

I want my pair to say "I hate that lying whore Courtney Love, die bitch die!" on the insides.

Think they take custom orders???

RaRaRamona Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by cachluv View Post
    Smells Like The Spirit Of Kurt Cobain Rolling Over In His Grave

Iā??m sure that if Kurt Cobain were still alive today, he would simply have loved lending his name to the side of a corporate line of sneakers. What could be more punk rock than that? (Also: real classy, Courtney.)

See the super-indie message scrawled on the bottom of the shoe (woah, writing on the bottom!?! SO PUNK!) after the jump!

I want my pair to say "I hate that lying whore Courtney Love, die bitch die!" on the insides.

LOL It's like when Hot Topic started selling clothes with sofety pins. DIY for top dollar.

Flowergrrl Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by RaRaRamona View Post
    Yeah but she was so obviously conflicted: mad b/c she didn't think of it first, mad b/c she wasn't getting paid.
    Ugh... True. It has to be her way or no way.

Quote Originally Posted by cachluv View Post

LOL Priceless.

LOL It's like when Hot Topic started selling clothes with sofety pins. DIY for top dollar.
    Another *Ugh*... Nothing like chain-market Punk.

BetteDavisEyes1986 Guest
    Kurt would fucking hate all this marketing bullshit with his name all over it. This wasn't his style at all, he was laid back and down to earth not money hungry like skank-ass Courtney

cherryghost Guest
    Is Courtney really going through all the money at such an alarming rate?
    It seems this is all about money shoes, identity theft, etc!
    Courtney has always been about money.Its a big factor in her life.

LaynesGirl Guest
    I gotta say... Courtney Love is a crazy, messed up bitch and I would NOT put it past her to commit murder by her own hand or by hire, but then again there are MANY people (trust me, we all live among them) that seem so NORMAL and well rounded that are actually the second coming of Bundy or even Dahmer and you would be (and are) none the wiser.

But... That "practice note" found in Courtney's back pack, with the practiced letters... Yeah... WTF???? That doesn't settle with me AT ALL, or the fact that Kurt had 3 times the lethal dosage of Heroin in his system, there would have been NO FUCKING WAY he would have been able to smack down another 2 hits (introveniously), have the sense to put the needle back, and then STRATEGICALLY place a fucking shot gun under his chin, and pull the trigger with one hand, all twisted around.

He would have been INSTANTLY over dosed, or at least so dosed that doing 2 more would have been out of the question! Heroin basically shuts down the nervous system, thats why people "nod off" RIGHT after.

Do you have any idea how much force it takes to pull that trigger? Also the ratio from chin to trigger is too long to be reached by a person (trying to use it on themselves.)

I have to admit... knowing this stuff now... I think the bitch did it, and I think that she feels nothing at all about it either. Just my oppinion

Their daughter looks SOOO much like her daddy, it is almost haunting to look at her eyes sometimes. Poor thing

RaRaRamona Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by LaynesGirl View Post

Their daughter looks SOOO much like her daddy, it is almost haunting to look at her eyes sometimes. Poor thing
    Payback?

BetteDavisEyes1986 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by LaynesGirl View Post
    I gotta say... Courtney Love is a crazy, messed up bitch and I would NOT put it past her to commit murder by her own hand or by hire, but then again there are MANY people (trust me, we all live among them) that seem so NORMAL and well rounded that are actually the second coming of Bundy or even Dahmer and you would be (and are) none the wiser.

But... That "practice note" found in Courtney's back pack, with the practiced letters... Yeah... WTF???? That doesn't settle with me AT ALL, or the fact that Kurt had 3 times the lethal dosage of Heroin in his system, there would have been NO FUCKING WAY he would have been able to smack down another 2 hits (introveniously), have the sense to put the needle back, and then STRATEGICALLY place a fucking shot gun under his chin, and pull the trigger with one hand, all twisted around.

He would have been INSTANTLY over dosed, or at least so dosed that doing 2 more would have been out of the question! Heroin basically shuts down the nervous system, thats why people "nod off" RIGHT after.

Do you have any idea how much force it takes to pull that trigger? Also the ratio from chin to trigger is too long to be reached by a person (trying to use it on themselves.)

I have to admit... knowing this stuff now... I think the bitch did it, and I think that she feels nothing at all about it either. Just my oppinion

Hell yeah, I agree with everything you just said 100%

Payback?
    I hope to hell so.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

BAGOBONES Guest
    I Feel For Their Daughter Frances

Jack Raines Guest
    Today is the 14th anniversary of Kurt's death...

Rest in peace Kurt...

cherryghost Guest
    Beautiful Boy! I cannot believe its 14yrs tho and of course we all remember where we were! I was in Bondi living in a great deco luxury flat with the waves crashing in and the weather turning colder as we bought wood for our fireplaces! I think I bought every magazine at the newsagent but of course the NME was the best with its reporting!

**Jenna** Guest
    Man I can't believe it's been 14 years.

Forever-27 Guest
    I vividly remember the day it happened. I never liked Nirvana but even this shocked me. Nirvana spelt the beginning of the end to the hair bands

cherryghost Guest
    The last lot of photos I saw of Francis Bean she was looking a lot more like Courtney than her Father!

Check out the celebrity spawn thread!

Adam Bomb Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by laynestaleyfan View Post
    Man I can't believe it's been 14 years.
    Definitely makes me feel old...

**Jenna** Guest
    Yeah tell me about it I was 20. Now an old lady of 33

Of course I remember where I was because I was in Seattle that week for our speciality dog show which moves around every year and just so happened to be there at that time. I was also five months pregnant with my only child so probably feeling more dramatic than normal. I was so devestated when I woke up that morning to hear the news and stunned the rest of the week. So sad. The paper had that color picture of his body laying on the floor taken through the apartment windows where you couldnt see his head but everything from his shoes up to his shoulders. It was horrible. And ...granted I was one of the youngest exhibitors back then however I was all by myself in that moment....nobody even knew who he was and couldnt figure out why I was so upset over his death. I didnt feel well enough to go to the candlelight vigil....it was so rainy and depressing...and Im glad I didnt since Courtney was reportedly being an ass even then. I was shocked about it then and now I believe she had him murdered.

**Jenna** Guest
    I was in my room listning to the radio and heard about it.

BetteDavisEyes1986 Guest
    I was only 7 in 1994 but i had been brought up listening to Nirvana since 1991. In Utero was the first album I received and when I heard he died it was the first time I mourned

Jack Raines Guest
    I was 11 when he died, and I had just recently started listening to Nirvana around fall of 1993 after seeing the Heart-Shaped Box video on MTV and buying In Utero. It was the second time I mourned after a celebrity's death (the first being John Candy who died a month before Kurt).

dentists Guest
    I was 12 and starting listening to them in the fall of 1993 when I heard 'Heart-Shaped Box'. First cool CD I bought- 'IN UTERO' (I actually didn't care for 'Nevermind' at the time of its release!).
    Then I heard he committed suicide half a year later, it was definitely weird/sad time for me being so young.
    Being 27 myself now I'm shocked that he died so young! Am I young?
    Last edited by dentists; 02-15-2009 at 08:45 AM.

OMG. I was having my child in 94'. can't believe it has been 14 years. And Courtney, she's just a crazy bitch.

KarmaKat Guest
    My friends and I (we were all about 14 - 15) were having a all night Nirvana tribute party lol. We had Bleach, Nevermind and In Utero on constant repeat. It was one of the best night's we all had together. Although we all did say at the time something was a little off. We heard the next morning when my mates dad woke us up that Kurt had passed. I will never forget that moment.

interrestedintn Guest
    Oh wow......14 years huh? I was 18 and out partying my ass off with my bf at the time. I loved Nirvana and Pearl Jam while he was a Green Day type of guy. Still we were shocked to hear it on the radio. I was really saddened by it.
    Those were good times for me. When Nirvana and Pearl Jam were always on either Mtv or the radio. The super prep era was ending and I no longer had to dress like I was hitting the cat walk for a day at school. A pair of chucks, cut offs and, a flannel were acceptable. I was still a kid instead of a parent and my bf (sons dad) was still alive. That was probably the best time I can remember. Talk about glory days.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Bomb View Post
    Definitely makes me feel old...
    Not me. I feel his music is timeless which makes me feel young, old fart that I am.

interrestedintn Guest
    Oh I agree with that. I still jam out to Nirvana and Pearl Jam......I like newer bands too.....Korn and System of a Down.
    My twelve year old son has developed a fascination with Nirvana. Just goes to show that his music really is timeless. It's still appealing to the newer generation.

tngirl1967 Guest
    OMG Hey interrestedintn...I'm in West TN. I was out partying my ass off too at that time, I was 23, 24, somewhere around in there! I tend to binge on listening to Nirvana every so often, driving the whole house crazy with "In Bloom" when I do. Brings back SOOOO many memories when I hear them. I look back now and it makes it obvious it is a different world today. I miss it!!!

interrestedintn Guest
    Yeah, I was probably only 15 or so when they made it big. I remember cause' I was the only girl around who even listened to metal. I was really into Pearl Jam and Nirvana. They sort of made it acceptable. They were the first metal band that I recall "everyone" even the super preps in school began listening to. I'm in East.

BetteDavisEyes1986 Guest
    Their music is timeless. My daughter is 21 months old and I played the unplugged album to my stomach when I was pregnant and the song I would sing to her to calm her down and get her to sleep is "Where Did You Sleep Last Night?". Played her the video on youtube the other day and she was drawn in to Kurt with a big grin on her face. Made me proud

interrestedintn Guest
    I really liked Kurt. Skinny and weird as he was, there was something beautiful about him. I know that he had issues, that's for sure but, I still can't help but think that he as murdered. If not by someone Courtney hired then by someone he was getting high with. I tend to think the latter. I don't agree with the idea that he would've been too incapacitated by the heroine to commit suicide though. Coming from an ex-junkie believe me, he could've still functioned enough to do that but still....I don't want to think that he did. He had too much to live for.

Quote Originally Posted by interrestedintn View Post
    I really liked Kurt. Skinny and weird as he was, there was something beautiful about him. I know that he had issues, that's for sure but, I still can't help but think that he as murdered. If not by someone Courtney hired then by someone he was getting high with. I tend to think the latter. I don't agree with the idea that he would've been too incapacitated by the heroine to commit suicide though. Coming from an ex-junkie believe me, he could've still functioned enough to do that but still....I don't want to think that he did. He had too much to live for.

Did they say if his arm was still tied off? Usually after you shoot dope the first thing you do is untie your arm, in case you spin or pass out... I don't know how long you could live with that much heroin in your system though... you tend to notice when really quickly when you overdose, the ringing in your ears and the spin. I couldn't even type when I was high.

interrestedintn Guest
    Never heard anything about whether he tied off or not. He could've just been one of those like me, with good veins. Never had to tie off at all.

interrestedintn Guest
    I don't mean to sound like a pure junkie. I know, a junkie's a junkie but I was crazy when I did it. I'm sure everyone has their reasons but I'd lost my sons dad in a car crash years before and just lost another bf to an overdose. I was depressed and I have fibromyalgia and was in crippling pain. I just didn't care if I lived or died. I was miserable and I couldn't handle the thought of living a long life in that kind of pain. Also I'd heard that my bf who o.d.'ed had been shooting so, I just wanted to end the pain and see if it was worth dying for. I did it once and I fell in love. I quit about a month later for 3 months. Went back to it. Did it for about a year and stopped. I'll never do it again. I've been clean for a year now. I was lucky enough not to get so strung out that I was sharing needles and all that so I didn't catch anything. I've got my family back in order and I'm getting treated for the fibro. I think maybe I was able to quit so easily because I didn't get addicted so bad because I really was in that much pain. Had I been doing it just to get high, I think it would've been more addictive mentally. I don't judge a soul. My brother is a junkie and in prison. I've got a really good friend who is so strung out that he won't even let ME look at his arms. Knowing I've seen tracks before. I just tell them that it CAN be done. I just hate that I ever got that far gone.

deathhagcutie Guest

i found this ..if he would of shot himself in the head youwould think there would not be alot of head left..

JestersKiss Guest
    I still say Love pushed him to suicide....just my thought dont hate me

Deathgoddess Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by dentists View Post
    I was 13 and starting listening to them in the fall of 1993 when I heard 'Heart-Shaped Box'. First cool CD I bought- 'IN UTERO' (I actually didn't care for 'Nevermind' at the time of its release!).
    Then I heard he committed suicide half a year later it was definitely weird.
    Being 27 now I'm shocked that he died so young! Am I young?

We're the same age, it was so awful. I was a big Nirvana fan, like most young "alternative" kids were. I was in the car with my parents and they announced it over the radio, it was a very surreal moment.

I don't think another celebrity/musician has affected me as much, and i think Courtney is a money grubbing whore. I really like Hole's "Live through This" album, but i think of it as Kurt's, it sounds so much like Nirvana.

Jack Raines Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by deathhagcutie View Post

i found this ..if he would of shot himself in the head youwould think there would not be alot of head left..
    I don't know much about shotguns, but apparently the one used in Kurt's death was pretty weak and most of the damage was internal, aside from a bit of trauma on his temple.

interrestedintn Guest
    I don't think he did kill himself. I think he was either murdered or Courtney drove him to kill himself, I only wanted to point out that someone who did as much dope as he did, (I heard he had a $500.00 a day habit), wouldn't necessarily have been completely incapacitated. There were definately some indescrepencies in his death. He wanted out from what I understand....his marriage, the music business, everything and therefore, he was worth more dead than alive.

JestersKiss Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by interrestedintn View Post
    I don't think he did kill himself. I think he was either murdered or Courtney drove him to kill himself, I only wanted to point out that someone who did as much dope as he did, (I heard he had a $500.00 a day habit), wouldn't necessarily have been completely incapacitated. There were definately some indescrepencies in his death. He wanted out from what I understand....his marriage, the music business, everything and therefore, he was worth more dead than alive.

i agree totally

Lisamarie Guest
    Okay so has death pic??? Did I miss it?? I have only ever seen the feet pic....were all you see his his legs sticking out.....

**Jenna** Guest
    That's the only one I have ever seen too.

JestersKiss Guest
    me 2

interrestedintn Guest
    I saw one years ago on Rotten.com that was his head all exploded. It was real too because you could see his face. It was more or less on the side of his head but the mouth and nose were recognizable. It was taken off the site because of legalities. I guess not many people ever saw it. I went back and tried to look again and it was already gone so, there were more crime scene photos than everyone says.