Page 14 of 56 FirstFirst ... 5121314151623 ... LastLast

Thread: Kurt Cobain

Baby_girl9017 Guest
    R.I.P Kurt He was such a good artist and he is missed everyday i think he was murderd and its fucked up when i read about people stealing his ashes and what was saposeably done to his body he deserved better i hope one day the truth about his death will come out.......

Gorey Guest
    A few posts back there was debate over what kind of load Kurt may or may not have used to shoot with. If it was bird shot I don't think he would have been killed with it. Bird shot is very light load b/c birds are small and you don't want the shot to go all the way thought. Dick Cheney shot his friend bird hunting with bird shot and he was only injured superficially. I read the book Love and Death about this case and I don't recall it saying what type of shell he used. Do I think he was murdered, Maybe. Not murdered b/c he was a cash cow but yes b/c he was out of control. Did Courtney have it done I don't know She seems to be such a flake that anything is possible.

Better Later Guest

The carpet in the pictures

Hey gang,
    Long time browser here. There is a problem with the 2 pics of dead Curt's body. The carpet pattern appears to be the same, however the pattern is inverted 90 degrees. Unless the the body in the latter picture was moved post mortem, the two could not possibly be the same. I find that hard to believe since there is no blood on the latest pictutres' carpet. Head wounds generate a tremendous amount of fluid. Former Army Medic, just an observation. He was dead a while when they found him. There is swelling and discoloration from a wound like that. let alone normal decay. None on the second pic is visible. I don't buy it. Poor fake, if you ask me.

AlpineX2 Guest
    I've been reading a lot of stuff lately I don't think he was murdered anymore, I think he was depressed as fuck and just killed himself. I was on the murder bandwagon for a while.

seanikhy Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by AlpineX2 View Post
    I've been reading a lot of stuff lately I don't think he was murdered anymore, I think he was depressed as fuck and just killed himself. I was on the murder bandwagon for a while.
    why do you now think it was not murder?

seanikhy Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorey View Post
    A few posts back there was debate over what kind of load Kurt may or may not have used to shoot with. If it was bird shot I don't think he would have been killed with it. Bird shot is very light load b/c birds are small and you don't want the shot to go all the way thought. Dick Cheney shot his friend bird hunting with bird shot and he was only injured superficially. I read the book Love and Death about this case and I don't recall it saying what type of shell he used. Do I think he was murdered, Maybe. Not murdered b/c he was a cash cow but yes b/c he was out of control. Did Courtney have it done I don't know She seems to be such a flake that anything is possible.
    yes it was low powered bird shot..

Toolride Guest
    I found these postings on a website:
    Crime Scene Diagram and Photo looking into greenhouse window from above.

If you look at the photo of the death scene... you can just see the top of his head/hair showing on the floor. Note there is not any blood showing. The crime scene diagram shows the blood is on Kurt's left side of his head.

Obviously, the "color photo of the blown apart head" is a fake. I worked in EMS for 6 years. If you look at the photo you can see they are attempting artificial life support on that person... see the bag valve mask in the persons hand... note the IV in the neck... also note the E.T. tube where the mouth was or should be. Its noted that Kurt had joined the ranks of the wrank (smelly). There wouldn't be any attempt of resuscitation in that situation.

I'm sure someone else pointed all this stuff out. Just putting my two cents in.

Maruz83 Guest
    I have such mixed feelings about Kurts death.... I mean I think CL could have had him killed, I mean he was planning to leave her. I can't see him leaving Frances Bean alone with CL for any reason what soooo every.

Noor 7ayaty Guest
    Welcome, Better! And thanks for chiming in!!

Noor 7ayaty Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Toolride View Post

If you look at the photo of the death scene... you can just see the top of his head/hair showing on the floor. Note there is not any blood showing. The crime scene diagram shows the blood is on Kurt's left side of his head.

Obviously, the "color photo of the blown apart head" is a fake. I worked in EMS for 6 years. If you look at the photo you can see they are attempting artificial life support on that person... see the bag valve mask in the persons hand... note the IV in the neck... also note the E.T. tube where the mouth was or should be. Its noted that Kurt had joined the ranks of the wrank (smelly). There wouldn't be any attempt of resuscitation in that situation.

Excellent point, Toolride! And welcome aboard to you also!

Last edited by Noor 7ayaty; 07-19-2008 at 01:24 AM.

jeca Guest
    Hi everyone! I'm new to this site, but not to this case. I've been a fan since they first came out. I was 21 when Kurt died, and I've been following this case ever since.
    I was talking to my dad last month about the gun. He's an avid gun collector, and he has a couple of the same gun that was used on Kurt. He showed them to me and I saw how difficult it would have been for Kurt to pull the trigger. My dad is 5'9 and he couldn't reach it with his hand. He also told me that the kick from that gun would have spun it right out of his hands, and that it would be almost impossible for him to still be holding it after firing. Also, he mentioned that there really isn't any way the spent shell would be on the left side of the body if the exit chamber was facing to the right. I asked him about the shells, and the fact that there was no exit wound. He said even with low powered shells the chance of no exit wound is slim. But he did say that someone could have opened the shell, removed pellets, and left only a few pellets, or just the cotton ball, and that would have been enough to go into the brain, without an exit wound. So maybe whoever killed him, knew he was dead already from the drugs, and didn't want to leave a huge mess, so they emptied most of the shot from the shell, so he wouldn't be all messed up. Just a thought.

I have a question, too. Whatever happened to Cali? I know at the time Courtney sent him somewhere so no one could talk to him, but whatever happened to him since? Did she pay him to fall off the face of the earth? Did he continue to nanny for her? I haven't been able to find out any info on him, other than where he went at the time of Kurt's death.

lane4 Guest
    I was so affected when Kurt died. I remember hearing the news on the radio. I have read pretty much every bio on Kurt & Nirvana. Michael "Cali" DeWitt, I believe is a record producer now - I thought he even owns a small Indie record label.

erictheking97 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Toolride View Post

Hi There

The picture that you are referring to isn't from his death, it was from an attempted overdose a month before.

Why would someone take a picture of him while he was still alive? It's just a well done fake !

chickababy8 Guest
    We will never know what happened the night the he died, but for me there will always be doubt that he killed himself. From all I've read about his life and death, makes it hard to believe he did it. We will never know, and that sucks.

Bozarth Guest
    I don't like the guy's music or lyrics. *shrugs shoulders*

cherryghost Guest
    Was always amazed by Kurts talent and charisma! A very shocking death even tho I had closely followed the last months mostly in the magazine NME my favorited rock paper ever! They had some great interviews and photos of him to the end! The reporting was always very straight and accurate too or they tried to be!

jeca Guest
    I have another question. On the missing person report, it states that Kurt had a K tattoo on his right forearm. In the pictures I've seen it's on his left arm. Was it on his left arm? And if it was, does anyone else find it strange that CL told the police it was on the wrong arm? I just thought that was really weird.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cobain1.jpg 
Views:	72 
Size:	57.5 KB 
ID:	7217  

Jack Raines Guest
    It was definitely on his left arm (as you can see it in these pics too). I don't know why Courtney would've described it wrong, but she was probably fucked up on something at the time she made the report.

I recently found out Kurt's dad is a cop now. I don't know why, but I found that interesting. lol

Name:	kurt live - no date.jpg 
Views:	70 
Size:	71.9 KB 
ID:	7244   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	davekurtkim91.jpg 
Views:	96 
Size:	246.0 KB 
ID:	7245  
    Last edited by Jack Raines; 08-15-2008 at 12:35 AM.

jeca Guest
    Thanks! I didn't think I was losing my mind. lol I'm sure she was fucked up at the time, but I just found it so odd. You would think if you were really concerned with someone's whereabouts you'd get all their details correct.

I've wondered about his dad. I have never read much about him. That is interesting. lol

ByrdSar Guest
    I don't know much about Kurt Cobains life or death...although there was that photo of his "blown up head" I saw way back in...94? 95? 96? I don't know that CL killed him, but from what I've read on here, it seemed like a pretty confusing case...
    Fill me in, please...

This case has always intrigued me..... something just doesn't seem right about it.....

Old Soul Guest
    All i am saying although i believe CL is the murderer, Kurt was using the opiates for a long had, and chronic stomach issue that was undiagnosed, he wasnt your average run of the mill, *do it cuz its fun* druggie.

jeca Guest
    The Last 24 Hours of Kurt Cobain says that he was in rehab less than 24 hours before he jumped the wall and headed back to Seattle. He was picked up at the airport and when right to his dealer's place. So he wasn't off heroin very long at all. Supposedly.

wino Guest
    I understand where some of you are coming from but Kurt killed himself. Courtney may be batshit (yes she really, really is) but she's no murderer, second hand or not. There's no motive anyway and if you tell me it was for money the woman went and made movies & her own albums after the fact so bullshit.. if she really wanted money she's enterprising/ambitious enough to go out and make her own.

Also whoever said she couldn't keep a secret to save her life, right on!

I have read the police report and suicide does not add up. I believe he was murdered. I am not going into motive and all that here because it is on this thread if anyone wants to know bad enough, they can read the whole thing.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Old Soul Guest
    At least Frances Bean is doing more with his estate/name I cant wait to see her bloom into a woman and see what she does with her tragic and interesting life. My bet is shes going to be stronger than steel!

BAGOBONES Guest
    I think Kurt was a messed up individual,and ended his life in the typical messed up individuals way.
    I think its messed up because there were young kids that offed themselves after or because he died.

I don't know i figure he got tired of making music,so around that same time, I got tired of listening to his music.I think he wanted it that way.

Jack Raines Guest
    This is somewhat old news, but Kurt's daughter Frances Bean is working as an intern at Rolling Stone magazine now.

"Spawn of Courtney Love and Kurt Cobain, Frances Bean, has taken an internship for the summer at Rolling Stone -- the magazine that once commemorated her father's death with a tribute issue. Earlier this year she told Harper's Bazaar that her career aspirations involved photography and journalism, while hinting at the upcoming internship at the rock rag. The NY Post reports via some "insiders" that "she doesn't get coffee for anyone . . . calls in sick all the time and wears funny outfits."

A Rolling Stone rep, however, assures all gossip-mongers that their rock star royalty is "a great girl, and we're thrilled to have her." Besides, she's only 15-years-old and already works full-time keeping her mother's train wreck from derailing past the point of no return."

http://gothamist.com/2008/07/21/fran..._an_intern.php

Name:	Metallica Tshirt.jpg 
Views:	95 
Size:	46.9 KB 
ID:	7923   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Nosering.jpg 
Views:	90 
Size:	34.7 KB 
ID:	7924   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	smoking.jpg 
Views:	139 
Size:	30.9 KB 
ID:	7925  
    Last edited by Jack Raines; 09-12-2008 at 05:28 PM.

suicide sixteen? .....yikes!

Frances Bean Cobain's "My Suicidal 16" birthday party

Courtney Love splashes out on Frances Bean's birthday

Courtney Love spent over $323,000 on her daughter's birthday party.

The Hole singer – who is the widow of the late Nirvana frontman Kurt Cobain – spared no expense in ushering Frances Bean into adulthood at her 'RIP childhood' themed 16th birthday.

The event was held at Los Angeles' House of Blues restaurant. Courtney arrived in a dress worn by actress Angelica Huston in creepy comedy movie 'The Addams Family'.

Frances' announcement of the party:

Date: Tuesday, September 2, 2008
    Time: 9:30pm - 11:30pm
    City/Town: Los Angeles, CA

MY one and only sweet 16.....eerrrr actually it's my "suicidal 16".
    At the house of blues, on September 2nd from 8:30 (TIME HAS CHANGED FORM 9:30 TO 8:30 KEEP THAT IN MIND) to 11:30 pm.

MINDLESS SELF INDULGENCE IS PLAYING
    i suggest all who intend on coming go to itunes of youtube and look them. If you don't like them, then please don't come. all will be forced to jump around and dance. ALL.

YOU MUST BE WEARING BLACK OR RED OR YOU WILL NOT BE ALLOWED IN! this does not mean you have to wear something "nice" or "fancy" but there is a color code so do it!

Your bags will be searched at the door
    not my rules, but it is the house of blues' rules
    so don't be stupid and try to bring shit it
    do it b4 you get into the party if you have to
    and try to be stealth!

DON'T SEND ME (frances) YOUR ADDRESSES ANYMORE
    SEND THEM TO GIANA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pinkberry and The IN N' Out truck will be catering. Of course there will be vegetarian food there to.

WE ARE ALSO HAVING A CONTEST
    its the "who can look most dead contest"
    if you dress up dead and are picked as the top 3 you will receive a: IPOD TOUCH and a $200 gift certificate to amoeba.
    so get that face paint on, and try to make it as realistic as you can. there will only be 3 WINNERS.

i guess that's it!
    hope to see you guys there!

xx franny

Photos from the party:

the cake:

source 1
    source 2
    source 3

http://community.livejournal.com/ohn.../27780896.html

more photos at link, the board wouldn't let me post them all...

Noelle Page Guest
    Holy smoke. Frances, are you a member of this forum?

Jack Raines Guest
    Maybe its just me, but the older she gets it seems the more Frances looks like Courtney Love.

jeca Guest
    Yeah she does, but a much prettier version. I still see flashes of Kurt in her once in awhile, though. Apparently Courtney's genes beat Kurt's genes down. Kinds like in his life. lol

I think she only really looks like Courtney when she's dressed up and has a pile of makeup on, like the red lipstick pictures in this thread. On post #681, where she's sitting on the bench smoking, no makeup, THAT is pure Kurt.

cachluv Guest
    I have to say, if she were my 16 year old daughter I would take that cigarette out of her hand and I'd give her some incentive to never light another. Seriously. What the Fuck? Don't mothers care anymore?

36. 09-24-2008, 06:22 PM

Reason
    Spam

Jack Raines Guest
    I think this is bullshit to stir up publicity, but who knows? And its really disrespectful...

Australian artist plans to smoke Kurt Cobain's ashes...

Australian-born Natascha Stellmach claims to have acquired the ashes of Nirvana frontman Kurt Cobain. Now she’s transformed the grunge star’s remains into an installation titled Set Me Free, that investigates suicide and the power of desecration. With this work, Stellmach joins a number of artists to use human remains as a medium; Danish artist Marco Evarissti plans to feed death row inmate Gene Hathorn to goldfish upon his execution.
    Stellmach’s work comprises a “death cycle” of five pieces. The first, a suicide contemplation, titled It is Black in Here, is a sound piece. Written and read by the artist, it was recorded onto a specifically pressed record and is played on a vintage record player.
    The six-minute poetic meditation on death’s proximity ends with the word ‘Gone’. Near Death Experience, is a text-based work where Kurt Cobain, Adolf Hitler, Diane Arbus and the Brothers Grimm meet in a twilight zone. Two more works, Black Scan and Untitled, build to the final work: Gone. In Gone, Stellmach presents a joint containing Cobain’s ashes, which is held in an antique case engraved with the work’s title. Stellmach intends to smoke this joint in a secret Berlin location. This act, according to the artist, will release Cobain “into the ether from the media circus.”

Asked how she came to have Cobain’s ashes, let alone smoke them, Stellmach told Artworld:“That’s confidential and kind of magic. They came to me.”

jeca Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Raines View Post
    I think this is bullshit to stir up publicity, but who knows? And its really disrespectful...

Australian artist plans to smoke Kurt Cobain's ashes...

Australian-born Natascha Stellmach claims to have acquired the ashes of Nirvana frontman Kurt Cobain. Now she??s transformed the grunge star??s remains into an installation titled Set Me Free, that investigates suicide and the power of desecration. With this work, Stellmach joins a number of artists to use human remains as a medium; Danish artist Marco Evarissti plans to feed death row inmate Gene Hathorn to goldfish upon his execution.
    Stellmach??s work comprises a ??death cycle? of five pieces. The first, a suicide contemplation, titled It is Black in Here, is a sound piece. Written and read by the artist, it was recorded onto a specifically pressed record and is played on a vintage record player.
    The six-minute poetic meditation on death??s proximity ends with the word ??Gone??. Near Death Experience, is a text-based work where Kurt Cobain, Adolf Hitler, Diane Arbus and the Brothers Grimm meet in a twilight zone. Two more works, Black Scan and Untitled, build to the final work: Gone. In Gone, Stellmach presents a joint containing Cobain??s ashes, which is held in an antique case engraved with the work??s title. Stellmach intends to smoke this joint in a secret Berlin location. This act, according to the artist, will release Cobain ??into the ether from the media circus.?

Asked how she came to have Cobain??s ashes, let alone smoke them, Stellmach told Artworld:??That??s confidential and kind of magic. They came to me.?

I just read that this evening. I call bullshit. I would think if it were true, Courtney would be all over her ass.

NineTails20 Guest
    I've often thought that Kurt did kill himself. You would, too.....if you had to wake up next to Ms. Love in the morning.

*runs away*

keithstacy Guest

kurt cobain

I was looking at the "not gross" picture and comparing it with the picture of Kurt's foot....it appears there're two different shirts being worn. Also, Scott describes how Kurt was found in a "tee shirt" but in both pictures there is a shirt. Just thought I'd throw that out there....

Jack Raines Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by keithstacy View Post
    I was looking at the "not gross" picture and comparing it with the picture of Kurt's foot....it appears there're two different shirts being worn. Also, Scott describes how Kurt was found in a "tee shirt" but in both pictures there is a shirt. Just thought I'd throw that out there....
    Kurt was wearing a long-sleeved button-up shirt over a Half Japanese band t-shirt. This page from the crime scene report details it: http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/kurtfound4.html

Noelle Page Guest
    I need to read through this thread, but just my 2c...Kurt seemed like such a sweet sensitive soul. Was listening to "Smells Like Teen Spirit" the other day....it had been a while....boy, what an anthem, amazing....you forget because it got so overplayed.

msmojorisin84 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Noelle Page View Post
    I need to read through this thread, but just my 2c...Kurt seemed like such a sweet sensitive soul. Was listening to "Smells Like Teen Spirit" the other day....it had been a while....boy, what an anthem, amazing....you forget because it got so overplayed.
    It's still one of my favorite songs...it was terribly overplayed for awhile...but I still like to bring out Nevermind ever now and again.

**Jenna** Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by msmojorisin84 View Post
    It's still one of my favorite songs...it was terribly overplayed for awhile...but I still like to bring out Nevermind ever now and again.
    Thats the only nirvana cd i have,my favorite songs from it are Breed,Lounge Act and Something in the way.

jeca Guest
    Lounge Act is my favorite Nirvana song. Love it!

Jack Raines Guest
    I love Lounge Act too. And I've heard it was one of Courtney's least favorite Nirvana songs, which is always a plus. lol

Here's some more rare pics of Kurt that I recently found....

Name:	Dresses and Lipstick.jpg 
Views:	69 
Size:	82.1 KB 
ID:	8588   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Kurt in a Striped Dress Shirt.jpg 
Views:	90 
Size:	23.3 KB 
ID:	8589  

jeca Guest
    LOL!
    Damn, look at those blue eyes!!

King Cryo-le Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by jeca View Post
    I have a question, too. Whatever happened to Cali? I know at the time Courtney sent him somewhere so no one could talk to him, but whatever happened to him since? Did she pay him to fall off the face of the earth? Did he continue to nanny for her? I haven't been able to find out any info on him, other than where he went at the time of Kurt's death.
    he has an art gallery in LA :

http://www.maniatv.com/shows/all-acc...-s01e02-042208

an indie record label called Teenage Teardrops :

http://www.beatbots.com/view.php?feature=93

and a blog with the same name :

http://teenageteardrops.abstractdynamics.org/

**Jenna** Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Raines View Post
    I love Lounge Act too. And I've heard it was one of Courtney's least favorite Nirvana songs, which is always a plus. lol

Here's some more rare pics of Kurt that I recently found....
    LOL!
    Kurt would have been a nice looking girl! I mean that in a nice way!

Pamebabby Guest
    I'm going to jump in here, a well-oiled gun usually will not show prints. (For example, Lee Harvey Oswald's prints were not found on his rifle either.) Also, I'm thinking had the gun been oily, wouldn't it just sort of slip from his grasp? Kurt may have been holding it, and when he fired the gun just fell from his hands without leaving legible prints. If he was addicted to Oxycodone, I can sympathize, I was too for quite some time. It wouldn't make him commit suicide, but he wouldn't give a shit about anything or anyone. I'm not a Nirvana fan, kinda old for that, but I question anyone's untimely death. He did make a BIG impact on music, and I give him credit for that. His widow....wtf is up with her? She seems to belong in a mental health facility. JMO, of course, no offense meant to anyone.

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by Grungegirl83 View Post
    Courtney tends to make shit up

LOL I just cracked up laughing at this. It sounds like the person who posted what you quoted, doesnt know 1 thing about courtney love. LOL

have you read her blogs? Man she is so fucked up from all the drug use. Courtney actually used to be a pretty potentially "awesome" grunge rocker back in the day...anyway....