Page 2 of 56 FirstFirst 12341151 ... LastLast

Thread: Kurt Cobain

I see dead people Guest
    I know that Kurt was heavily insured by his management company (Gold Mountain), I use to have a coworker whos aunts, nephews, cousins dog work there, and in order for them to get thier settlement, pictures of the corpse must be taken and put in the file. Does anyone work for an insurance company? Maybe you can run his name and see what you can find.

leppchic Guest
    I am still not sure about the murder/suicide thing at all. I never really knew it was a huge debate until it was posted on here (thanks again Scott ) But everyone keeps asking the question how could he be so neat if he shot himself in the head. There is a video clip on snopes of some dude after he was arrested, they found out in a really shitty way that no one shook him after being arrested and while waiting to be questioned pulled out a pretty good sized revolver and shot himself in the head. There wasn't much blood, but again it was not a rifle. But it brings to light the fact that it can happen I guess. The bullet doesn't come out the other side.
    I didn't know the rifle was wiped clean either...So that only brings more to the debate. But I watch court tv alot, and there have been several cases of people shooting themselves with rifles, so it can happen.
    If you want to see the video here is the link:
    http://www.snopes.com/photos/gruesome/interrogate.asp

Again, I am still reading all these links too and learning all sorts of info I didn't know before. Just thought I would put my two cents in on the rifle things.
    Last edited by leppchic; 10-08-2007 at 12:32 PM.

leppchic Guest
    And I just wanted to add one more thing, my signiture that says "its better to burn out than fade away" isn't becuase that is what the note beside him said...I am a huge Def Leppard fan (note the name, it is a nickname given by friends) It is a line from a Lepp song. And I believe Neil Young had that as a line in one of his songs too.....

cachluv Guest

I think your signature

is fine. Ironic and strangely appropriate here, and fine

Courtney was out of town and it's been proven that she lied about why. Watch the BBC-journalist's docco. Minimally, you will get a better character profile of CLover, Kurt issues totally aside. There are people who are scared to death to even utter her name....

The gun being clean, there not being a second raised track and there wasn't much blood on the floor is what convinced me personally. Up till then I thought it was all just coincidental, that does happen. But the post-mortem issues got me.

I respect those who think it was suicide. Truly. They could well be right. I will assume that those people have at least done some research, didn't just watch the news on 4/8/94 and then call it a day. Either way, everyone's thoughts are cool All I am saying is, with this much fishy smell maybe someone should take another look. What harm could that do?

One more thing: Courtney had him cremated. Nothing too suspicious there, just another fact to throw on the pile. I don't know about the claims of happenings at the mortuary, but then, Courtney Love could set me on fire, tell me I'm burning and I wouldn't believe her for a second. Live Through This is a hell of an album. You can hear Kurt all over it, in every song and she was still somewhat talented then.

I remember when Brian Jones from the Rolling Stones drowned in his pool. I remember half the people thought the pool guy did it, and the other half thought the first half was bonkers. In the '90s, that pool guy died and I understand he made a deathbed confession that he killed Brian Jones. It could happen, is all I'm saying. Not all suicides are investigated thoroughly, the cops called Kurt's in from the scene as a suicide! How do they know without even investigating?? It just needs another look.
    Last edited by cachluv; 10-08-2007 at 08:02 PM.

Outlaw Guest
    Allen Wrench did it.

yeah it is especially odd that there were NO liftable prints on the gun, though he had purchased it a month before and handled it many times (including to supposedly shoot himself)....hmmm
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

From my rotting body, flowers shall grow and I am in them and that is eternity. ~Edvard Munch

leppchic Guest
    Oh I totally agree something fishy is going on here. Like I said I was only 14 when it happened so I don't remember a whole lot about it. I remember seeing Courtney reading the so called suicide note to a bunch of fans in some park in Seattle. Reading it with a shitty attitude might I add. She acted like she was more pissed than heartbroken. She is a FAHreak. I just had no idea there was so much more info on this case until it was posted here....alot to think about....

i was 11 when it happened. i remember it pretty vividly because i was a fan. my mom picked me up from school and they were playing Nirvana on the radio, which was odd since this station never played them, after a song, the dj came on and said Kurt had died. it was total shock and sadness for me. i remember feeling how my mom told me she felt when she heard John Lennon had died. it was really the first and only musician death of my generation that hit me so hard. except for maybe elliot smith.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

From my rotting body, flowers shall grow and I am in them and that is eternity. ~Edvard Munch

motherogod Guest
    Geez, 14 and 11 when he died? I was 22 (GEEZER) and a senior in college... I was PISSED because I just knew his death was a misprint. Just before that was the supposed "suicide attempt" and I just figured my hometown (I was home the weekend it broke) newspaper was S.L.O.W. Before internet access and too busy with family to turn on TV. I remember the week after his death broke kind of like I remember the week after the OKC bombing and 9/11.

I still don't know. Courtney's pretty fouled up.
    Last edited by motherogod; 10-08-2007 at 10:39 PM.

Jack Raines Guest
    I love this interview with Kurt on YouTube, its from early 1994 and he discusses how he was influenced by Iggy Pop and Keith Richards to do heroin but it was a stupid thing to do, and he also talks about "10 years from now" when he planned on possibly being like Johnny Cash.

leppchic Guest
    Thanks for the link. I liked that interview too. So sad, he was so alive there, and his voice was awesome. He could have lived to be so much more, and on to even greater records....

leppchic Guest
    Not only that, but he is so much more intelligent than I bet anyone ever knew. People who didn't listen to his music probably just think he was a doped up washed up punk singer who blew his head off. So sad. There was so much more depth to him. You listen to him speak and it is just so sad. He had so many insightful points there too. Great interview thanks again for posting!

knothere Guest
    first time i heard about the mutilation in the funeral home
    any results come out that like arrests n charges n sueing
    im sure leeches like that have it posted on the net sumwhere if it did happen at all
    n my opinion still stiks he was murdered reguardless who the killer knew

Jack Raines Guest
    Have you guys seen what Kurt's daughter Frances Bean Cobain looks like these days? She looks kind of like a Kelly Osbourne/Courtney Love hybrid with Kurt's eyes.

Here's pics of her hanging out at a Vogue party last month with Bruce Willis' daughter Tallulah: http://www.bestweekever.tv/2007/09/2...s-on-cold-case

If I was going to be a dick, I'd say she looks like Columbia from "Rocky Horror Picture Show"...
    Last edited by Jack Raines; 10-12-2007 at 02:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by elnoradawn View Post
    just a sidenote---- i was a huge fan of Hole up until i started reading all this stuff about the case.

also, isn't it funny that the album that came out right after his death was the only piece of brilliant work that "she" ever put out. and everything that has come out in the years since has been...well, less than stellar.
    I have heard that a lot of what was on HOLES "Live Through This" album was written with the help of Kurt. If you actually listen to that album Courtney sounds like the female Kurt and the songs are pretty good. Everything after his death sounds poppy, contrived and flat.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Raines View Post
    Have you guys seen what Kurt's daughter Frances Bean Cobain looks like these days? She looks kind of like a Kelly Osbourne/Courtney Love hybrid with Kurt's eyes.

Here's pics of her hanging out at a Vogue party last month with Bruce Willis' daughter Tallulah: http://www.bestweekever.tv/2007/09/2...s-on-cold-case

If I was going to be a dick, I'd say she looks like Columbia from "Rocky Horror Picture Show"...
    Wow... she really looks like the two of them, Courtney's pale complexion and Kurt's eyes.

When i went to the hard rock cafe museum in florida while it was still open & a roadie showed us a round...he had toured with names like james brown, rolling stones, so many to name... but the one that facinated me the most was his kurt stories.
    He had toured with nirvana especially on the last tour. i asked him what his thoughts where on kurt = suicide or murder. He adamantly said suicide. He said kurt was near crazy alot of the time.... the drugs were strong but when he had that blue manic eye expression (end shot in the heart shape box video) - you knew you were in trouble & had to watch him.
    I mean the diary & the suicide note (wasnt his imaginery friend on that?) does back this up. Also Kurt was on "hillbilly" heroine at the end of his life which was the blackest dirtiest stuff on the market... as the normal stuff didnt work as well (His body was use to it).
    I think kurt was beating him self up towards the end of his life - as he put his heart & soul on everything...the roadie said that he felt kurt had given everything into his music & had nothing left.... I do agree with this as he did seem so sensitive

However... I did think he was getting better (at the time) he seemed enthralled with francis & was starting hiking/camping when he wasnt touring or being forced into the fame game by his management company. Music was that double edged sword for him... there was indeed talks about him wanting to be like johnny cash. Who knows?

Francis really looks like kurt in different pictures...the one on here isnt her best.... its amazing that she has grown up normal at all considering....

Wasnt courtney having an affair with the lead singer of the smashing pumpkin at the time prior to his death???

candleinthewind Guest
    Courteney had an on again off again thing with Billy Corgan before she married Kurt and supposedly she was cheating with him after marrying Kurt too.

Jack Raines Guest
    I've also heard Courtney had an affair with Evan Dando of the Lemonheads when she was with Kurt.

Vangoghsear Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Sweetsumthin View Post
    Well, I think it was suicide, and nothing more. Imagine being married to Courtney, need I say more? What would you do? That woman is so trashed, and screwed up not just now but then too. Besides, I don't think Courtney could kill anything, she may look trashy but she's really harmless.

wasn't there some guy that said he was offered $ by Courtney to kill him? the lead singer of some local band. Anyways, i agree, i don't think it was a suicide, but if i was married to her it was be REALLY fucking tempting.

Their poor poor daughter........won't parent teacher conferences be fun? "Don't mind my mom, she is just vomiting again."

Guest Guest

Hey I like Columbia, I think Bean looks good, she's not like all the other hollywood's celebrities children trying to look like Paris Hilton. She has her own style and not trying to look fake. Wow, Bruce Willis daughter looks just like him too!

candleinthewind Guest
    The picture posted of Frances Bean isn't her best. She was trying to dress up for her night out and overdid the makeup. Usually she looks like a regular normal girl her age.

Vangoghsear Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Sweetsumthin View Post
    Hey I like Columbia, I think Bean looks good, she's not like all the other hollywood's celebrities children trying to look like Paris Hilton. She has her own style and not trying to look fake. Wow, Bruce Willis daughter looks just like him too!

can we do the Time Warp now?

candleinthewind Guest
    It's just a jump to the left.

...and a step to the right.

Vangoghsear Guest
    Put Your Hands On Your Hips!!!!!!

Casanndra Guest
    And bring your knees in tight

But it's the pelvic thrust

candleinthewind Guest
    that really drives them in say ee ay ay ee ayne!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

..."Let's do the time warp again!!!!"

Ready?

Darrianne Guest

I can definitely see Courtney in her! Thanks for sharing that.

Begothed Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by givemegore View Post
    Before this becomes a flame board check out www.cobaincase.com . I totally believed he did it til' I checked that out. This is all information from the private eye that Courtney hired to find Kurt. If anything it shows you the type of person that she is.

Not much of an investigator if he is in the house the night before the body was found and he didn't search all the grounds of the estate?

KMKSouthie2001 Guest
    This pic is supposedly Kurt's body after he died, but it looks really fake to me (its not gory at all, and it shows his head):

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b8...ium05/0791.gif
    As a long-time Nirvana fan, convinced that in some way or another, Courtney was involved in Kurt's death--- I am absolutely floored. I have never, ever, in all my years of research, EVER seen that picture of Kurt until now. Upon looking at the iconic photo of Kurt's death scene (the view through the greenhouse door, police investigator crouching next to the body of Kurt-- arm and leg visible) one can confirm with almost 100% certainty that this photo is legit. The flooring, position of Kurt's right arm, and the shirt he's wearing all match the iconic photo. Jesus. I'm still in shock. Thanks for posting the pic though, as they years go by guerilla investigation seems to be paying off more and more. Now if only we can get an insider to snoop through the files of the King County Sheriff's office, THEN we'll start to see the truth come to light.

Furthermore, to refute speculation that the photo is fake-- the shotgun Kurt used was not a very powerful rifle. He purchased it more for protection than anything, the selling point being that it is not even powerful enough to make the bullet penetrate a wall. This explains why there no gore. There are also a number of websites that can back up this evidence, FAD being one of them (if my memory is correct), others being:
    http://www.justiceforkurt.com/
    http://www.cobaincase.com/
    http://www.kcwm.com/
    http://www.anomalies-unlimited.com/Death/Cobain.html
    http://www.sshep.com/kurtnew.htm
    Last edited by KMKSouthie2001; 10-14-2007 at 06:02 PM.

Jack Raines Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Begothed View Post
    Not much of an investigator if he is in the house the night before the body was found and he didn't search all the grounds of the estate?
    From what I understand, nobody had told him about the greenhouse where Kurt's body was eventually found.

that Diagnosis Murder episode titled "Nirvana" airing the day Kurt's body was found is kinda weird. and i never knew that the "Jeremy" from the Pearl Jam song was a true story. interesting...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

tngirl1967 Guest
    I've also heard Courtney had an affair with Evan Dando of the Lemonheads when she was with Kurt.

When was her fling with Trent Reznor? Wasn't there some big hoo-haa (no pun intended) about all that, didn't he deny it or something but the others around him said there was a thing with those two????

susalu Guest
    Ummmm... . Courtney had a very public relationship with Ed Norton post Kurt.... While I am not surprised she hasn't remarried, I don't think she has purposely avoided it....

I think Kurt's death is suspicious, but I don't want to believe she had anything to do with it... The "suicide" note is very suspicious to me... It does sound like a letter to the public explaining why he would retire, not a suicide note... The ending seems heartfelt to Courtney and Frances, but it is a clear change in the tone of the letter.. It certainly portrays Kurt as a loving father and husband... But did he write it????

Courtney is certainly smart enough to have planned something, but I hate to think it's true... Especially since she is the sole caretaker for Frances....

Susan

Btvs2678 Guest
    Never understood the fasination for this man. I am not a fan of the "grunge" stuff. I was in high school when he died and I could have cared less. Now, Courtney is a hoot to watch. A real life train wreck. At least she never messed up enough to have her kid taken away.

Jack Raines Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Btvs2678 View Post
    Never understood the fasination for this man. I am not a fan of the "grunge" stuff. I was in high school when he died and I could have cared less. Now, Courtney is a hoot to watch. A real life train wreck. At least she never messed up enough to have her kid taken away.

Kurt Cobain and Nirvana transcended "grunge".

And actually Frances Bean has been taken away from her atleast 2 times I think. The most recent time she lost custody was in 2003, and she didn't regain custody until January of 2005. You can read about it here: http://www.courttv.com/trials/love/0...ughter_ap.html

Im sorry the guy is dead but in my opinion he is way overrated. He's annoited sainthood in the halls of rock history because he died. Nirvana wasnt even the best band in Seattle at the time. He put out 2 albums and 1 demo. Thats it. Thats hardly enough to be called "one of the greatest"Im tired of Kurt and Courtney Hole. Im sick of the way Rolling Stone magazine picks a few bands that their critics worship and all of a sudden they are rock royalty. Radiohead, Wilco, Dave Matthews, U2, Nirvana, Coldplay. People need to think for themselves

Jack Raines Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by JefeStone View Post
    Im sorry the guy is dead but in my opinion he is way overrated. He's annoited sainthood in the halls of rock history because he died. Nirvana wasnt even the best band in Seattle at the time. He put out 2 albums and 1 demo. Thats it. Thats hardly enough to be called "one of the greatest"Im tired of Kurt and Courtney Hole. Im sick of the way Rolling Stone magazine picks a few bands that their critics worship and all of a sudden they are rock royalty. Radiohead, Wilco, Dave Matthews, U2, Nirvana, Coldplay. People need to think for themselves
    I hate Radiohead, Wilco, Dave Matthews, U2, and Coldplay with a passion. Nirvana is different, all the other acts you listed are easy-listening bands for the most part.

And atleast where I live, Nirvana isn't popular at all. I honestly have only known like 2 or 3 Nirvana fans in my whole life (I was only 11 when Kurt died, so I guess I missed Nirvana's peak). Most people I know would prefer Alice In Chains or Soundgarden as their favorite "grunge" band any day.

But Nirvana is my favorite band period, and I'm really picky about music, so I only listen to like 6 bands on a regular basis. (Nirvana, Ramones, Misfits, Black Sabbath, Sublime, and Dead Kennedys)
    Last edited by Jack Raines; 10-15-2007 at 02:36 AM.

KMKSouthie2001 Guest
    that Diagnosis Murder episode titled "Nirvana" airing the day Kurt's body was found is kinda weird. and i never knew that the "Jeremy" from the Pearl Jam song was a true story. interesting...
    I found that quite interesting as well. I never looked at Eddie Vedder the same after reading that particular article.

courtney did lose custody of frances at least a couple times that i know of

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/149...courtney.jhtml
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by JefeStone View Post
    i have never thought Kurt was a rock god, but i do respect his songwriting talent immensely. i never thought any of the other bands of that era lived up to his lyrics. musically, most of the time, i could take or leave Nirvana. but being a writer, i do find his lyrics impressive.

but yeah, i do get annoyed with anyone who just seems to like anyone that the magazines or mtv or whoever tells them to like. that's the biggest problem with my generation and i just try to not be an example of that!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

oh, and also....there were actually 3 full length albums...Bleach, Nevermind, and In Utero. not to mention loads of other material that will probably never be released because Courtney doesn't want his Nirvana bandmates to have anything to do with it. she's a fucking hog and wants nothing of it unless she has some financial gain from it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

cachluv Guest
    Once when Courtney OD'd, her daughter actually found her in the floor. She had her daughter go make her tea. That was supposed to distract her while half-dead Mom scrapes herself off the floor....

KMKSouthie2001 Guest

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by cachluv View Post
    He physically was not/would not have able to reach the trigger. It was a rifle.

There was 3 times the lethal dose of morphine in his body. True, he was an addict and would have had a higher tolerance BUT he was fresh out of rehab and had been dry for a few days so his tolerance was once again lowered.
    Also have to consider the fact that the ammunition shell was found on top of Kurt's jacket, the complete opposite direction of the ejection point from which it should've landed. Here's a few links to help illustrate what I'm trying to point out:
    http://www.justiceforkurt.com/invest...se_updated.jpg
    http://www.justiceforkurt.com/investigation/shotgun.jpg
    Note the location of the shotgun shell versus the ejection point on the rifle.

Following excerpt is from Justice for Kurt Cobain:

[SIZE="3"]
    SPENT SHOTGUN SHELL LOCATION
    The police reports say that the shotgun was inverted with the trigger and magazine trap door pointing up. That would place the Ejection Port of the gun (where the shell pops out after the weapon is fired) to Kurt's right. If he shot himself with the shotgun facing this direction, the shell should have been found to his right. Why was it found to his left, on his Corduroy jacket?
    [/SIZE]

tigerlily Guest
    i've always heard that the amount of heroin in his system would've made it completely impossible for him to shoot himself. even though he was a junkie, the heroin was too much for his system. the length of the gun too.

i honestly have no clue what the hell it was...but it always seemed suspicious to me.
    As someone with personal heroin experience, I can say that when one gets to the point of being a full-fledged junkie, their tolerance for the stuff becomes huge. What would seem to the layman to be way too much heroin in one's system to kill onself would actually be barely noticeable to the user.

For the record, I have no idea whether he committed suicide or was murdered. I wasn't there. What I do know is that Courtney Love is one crazy, possessive bitch, and that she definitely played a large role in his death, either directly or indirectly.

"Whatever, whenever, have a nice day"

KMKSouthie2001 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by tigerlily View Post
    What I do know is that Courtney Love is one crazy, possessive bitch, and that she definitely played a large role in his death, either directly or indirectly.
    I completely agree. Although I'm one to speculate and scrutinize trivial and suspicious inconsistencies with the whole subject of Kurt's alleged suicide, there is one thing that I can say for certain: whether directly or indirectly(we'll probably never know) Courtney was most definitely involved.

Poor Kurt. Such talent and originality stolen away from this world all too soon.

i have never thought Kurt was a rock god, but i do respect his songwriting talent immensely. i never thought any of the other bands of that era lived up to his lyrics. musically, most of the time, i could take or leave Nirvana. but being a writer, i do find his lyrics impressive.

but yeah, i do get annoyed with anyone who just seems to like anyone that the magazines or mtv or whoever tells them to like. that's the biggest problem with my generation and i just try to not be an example of that!
    I think Nirvana is as good as anything I have heard in the last 25 years...I feel they do belong up in that superstar echelon...just to look at what Dave Grohl has done after Cobain's death, it assuredly was an unusual partnership of talent.

Cobain is what we seem to love in our rock stars...an immensely talented, tortured musician who immortalized himself with his death...freezing himself in time much as MM and Elvis did...the icon for that "next" generation...