Page 3 of 56 FirstFirst 123451252 ... LastLast

Thread: Kurt Cobain

Tombstone Tourist Guest
    Q: What's the difference between Courtney Love and Wayne Gretzky?
    A: Gretzky showers after three periods.

Thank you, thank you very much.
    I'll be here all week. Two shows on Saturday.
    Be sure to try the veal.

RoRo Guest
    I like some of Nirvana's music, but I think Kurt was not destined to be in this world very long. There are pictures of him where you can see the sadness and pain in his eyes...no matter how he died suicide or not I can only hope he is now at peace and happy

Quote Originally Posted by Tombstone Tourist View Post

Be sure to try the veal.
    that is one of my favorite jokes ever!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

From my rotting body, flowers shall grow and I am in them and that is eternity. ~Edvard Munch

BamaDeathHag Guest
    The world may never know............

RockyM90 Guest
    The way his body was found, means he was shot in that spot where they found him. I mean how could courtney get him to sit on the floor in the greenhouse in that spot while she shot him in the mouth with a shotgun? as much as I don't like the girl, I just dont think she killed him. As for the suicide note, it sounded like a retirement from music speech to me. He decided to kill himself when he was all messed up on H and depressed, and added a little something to the end of that note before he did it. If Courtney did add that stuff at the end of the note, I think it would be pretty easy to identify and quite obvious. And what cop wouldnt want to make a huge break in a case like that to make a name for himself? There obviously was little to no evidence at all of anything but a suicide. All just imo . RIP Kurt, Nirvana still rocks!!!!
    Last edited by RockyM90; 10-26-2007 at 03:59 AM.

Jack Raines Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by RockyM90 View Post
    The way his body was found, means he was shot in that spot where they found him. I mean how could courtney get him to sit on the floor in the greenhouse in that spot while she shot him in the mouth with a shotgun? as much as I don't like the girl, I just dont think she killed him. As for the suicide note, it sounded like a retirement from music speech to me. He decided to kill himself when he was all messed up on H and depressed, and added a little something to the end of that note before he did it. If Courtney did add that stuff at the end of the note, I think it would be pretty easy to identify and quite obvious. And what cop wouldnt want to make a huge break in a case like that to make a name for himself? There obviously was little to no evidence at all of anything but a suicide. All just imo . RIP Kurt, Nirvana still rocks!!!!
    I've heard that the position of his body was somewhat suspicious and his hair was fanned out from his head on the floor, and one person said it looked like it had been neatly combed that way.

And the last few lines of the note that imply suicide are written in a different style of handwriting. Here's a scan of the note, so you can make your own judgements: http://www.angelfire.com/nb/devyl/suicide.jpg

I don't know if he was murdered or if he committed suicide. The thing that pissed me off was that I had become a fan through being introduced to his music. We covered a few songs in a band I was in and everything. I played the CD for a couple of friends who seemed "mildly" interested." However, the day the news broke about his "suicide", all these "mildly interested" friends suddenly became die hard "grunge" fanatics and Nirvana fans. I admit I wasn't a huge fan either way, but those people made me sick.

Guest Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by RockyM90 View Post
    He had 3 times the lethal amount of heroin in his system...no need to have him sit in one spot...he was probably very close to death when shot...read the reports it's a fascinating read...he pops this lethal amount and theoretically should have been dead before the needle left his arm...yet he was able to neatly put away his works in the cigar box then shoot himself...if he wanted to die why not let the heroin do the work? why shoot yourself too? IMO that man was murdered and that skank has blood on her hands...I would never buy one of her albums...or any of the Nirvana tributes because I will not put blood money in her pocket! Now Dave Grohl on the other hand can butter my biscuit anytime!

I think Courtney is a nut job but, a killer? I doubt it. She seems scheming and really irritating but what would be the point in killing Kurt? I watched that documentary/movie thingy a few years ago and it did raise some interesting questions. I thought that is was interesting that that guy El Duce or whatever his name was, was found dead a few years later (he claimed Courtney paid to have Kurt killed), then again, he seemed like a thug and well, we all know how that usually ends.

I was never a fan of Nirvana nor did I see the appeal, but my bf is a fan so I got him Kurt's book of journals awhile back. Since my bf has the attention span of a three year old, he hasn't bothered to read the thing so I took a gander. You can basically tell Kurt was a sensitive guy who thought about things way too much and internalized a lot of things. I think that was his ultimate downfall. Some people can handle that kind of life and he just wasn't hardwired for it. I think his fate would've been the same had he not become famous. I think his temperament coupled with being with Courtney did him in. Hell, I'd kill myself if I had to wake up to that hag every damn day too.

More Cheese Please Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Tombstone Tourist View Post

Be sure to try the veal.
    LMFAO!

cherryghost Guest
    I recall the NME reporting his overdose in Rome as a suicide attempt this was just after the incident and before he did it for real or not!

MbalmR Guest
    This is such a tragic story. Kurt struck me as a rather humble and even reluctant celebrity--not flashy, arrogant, and pompous with an overblown ego. Of course, I never met him, nor have I seen a lot of interviews with him, so I could be woefully mistaken. In addition to all his other demons, wasn't he reported to have had some major stomach problems? Like he was in pain all the time?

I've read a lot of the stuff on the various websites posted here, and I honestly fear that this was not a suicide. I also must report that I unfortunately have to jump on the "Courtney is crazy" bandwagon. There's just something not RIGHT with her. But she did a BRILLIANT turn in "The People vs. Larry Flynt."

Oddly enough, I never liked Nirvana's music, nor was I ever a grunge fan, but this whole story disturbs me to my core. RIP Kurt :-(

cachluv Guest
    "The way his body was found, means he was shot in that spot where they found him. I mean how could courtney get him to sit on the floor in the greenhouse in that spot while she shot him in the mouth with a shotgun? as much as I don't like the girl, I just dont think she killed him."

---Folks, please. Courtney was in LA that day. Hundreds of people saw her.
    No one at all has contended or even suggested that she pulled the trigger herself. There were enough people to support the allegations that she shopped at least 4 people to off him for money. El Deuce of all people passed a lie detector test stating this (see YouTube, The Mentors).

CLover is way too crazy to make shit up on. And no one thinks nor ever said she did it herself. But trust and believe, that crazy bitch was responsible.

Don't take anyone's word for anything. Just do the research, read everything THEN make up your mind.

motherogod Guest
    I'd like to know, have Dave Grohl or Krist Novoselic ever spoken about Kurt's death? Man, VH1 Classic is playing the Nirvana Unplugged and Classic Albums Nevermind tonight... makes me terribly sad.

cachluv Guest
    Grohl and Novoselic have guilt. There was an intervention and some 'tough love' was bandied about. I don't and have never thought that was effective. THAT's why he went into rehab that last time. And because he went in for other people, it didn't work and he jumped the wall in a day or two.
    They don't speak publicly of him, Grohl has only ever spoken of Cobain at the funeral where he said he loved him and would think of him every day. Novoselic had known Cobain for alot longer than Grohl, he didn't say much of anything. They both, understandably, feel guilt and sorrow at letting Courtney Love manipulate them into an intervention.

Grohl, however, has PLENTY to say about Courtney Love. The lawsuits, slander, other childish pranks and tactics she has waged against the entity that is Nirvana can nor should ever be forgiven. She never wanted them to have their thirds, basically. Those two will go to their respective graves hating each other. She Yoko'd herself right on out of anyone's good graces.

At the end of the day, two heroin junkies hooking up would just spell disaster no matter how you cut it. I would not rule out suicide, except that the evidence supporting murder is so overwhelmingly astoundingly stacked very very high. The smell of dead fish on the beach usually signals low tide.....
    Last edited by cachluv; 11-18-2007 at 06:54 PM.

yesterdaysfeelings Guest
    k. so I didn't read all 4 pages. so excuse me if there's a few repeats.

I believe it was murder 100%.
    I do see how it was a possible suicide, too.

BUT.
    my friend did a research project on the consipracy of his death.

courtney love had many reasons to kill him.
    and here's the proof that proved this to me to be murder.

in courtneys purse, there was a notebad, with sentences in different style handwriting. as if she was practicing a certain one....

she had been talking to a hitman. no one is sure of what, but at one point, someone found him killed on the train tracks. he got himself hit by a train, because he changed his mind and backed out.

courtney didn't like his band, you know, old news, whatever. but nirvana was worth a lot.

and then the "suicide note", was written in a hand writing different than his own. but looked similar to courtneys.

she hired another hitman.

that's all I can remember. I can't think of the rest. I'll text my friend later. I think there's one more, though.

but she probably waited until he was doing his drugs, saw this as a golden opprotunity, and he was killed.

When bored my girlfriend loves to write her name, my name and a bunch of other things in all different types of styles on random pieces of paper, napkins, receipts... should I think she is plotting my murder?

I have a funny feeling this will never get solved, why? either there is nothing to solve or it was the perfect crime which I highly doubt Courtney is capable of.
    Last edited by Jason; 11-21-2007 at 06:41 AM.

KMKSouthie2001 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by cachluv View Post
    Don't take anyone's word for anything. Just do the research, read everything THEN make up your mind.

I completely agree. And that formulae can be applied to everything in life. Conformity marks the demise of the individual.

Krissypoo Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by hrhdiesel View Post
    Also Kurt was on "hillbilly" heroine at the end of his life which was the blackest dirtiest stuff on the market... as the normal stuff didnt work as well (His body was use to it).
    I thought the term "hillbilly heroin" was another term for oxycontin.

motherogod Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by jason8478 View Post
    When bored my girlfriend loves to write her name, my name and a bunch of other things in all different types of styles on random pieces of paper, napkins, receipts... should I think she is plotting my murder?

I have a funny feeling this will never get solved, why? either there is nothing to solve or it was the perfect crime which I highly doubt Courtney is capable of.
    Watch your back, Jason! I've looked at all the conspiracy stuff and still believe it was suicide. That is so hard to swallow but I believe it to be true. Either way, what sucks is that he's gone. Just gone.

agreed

I see dead people Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Krissypoo View Post
    I thought the term "hillbilly heroin" was another term for oxycontin.

Hillybilly Heroin is the street name for oxycontin. That is what Jack Osbourne was addicted too. Basically it is pharmacutical grade heroin.

KMKSouthie2001 Guest
    I've got a question: does anyone here know anything about the firepower of the Remington M-11 20 gauge Sportsman (the shotgun that brought Kurt's life to an end)? I know that, according to the crime scene reports, there was no visible damage to Kurt's face, aside from the fact that blood had pooled around his left ear. I also understand that the M-11 20 gauge sportsman is used primarily in the hunting of fowl, so one can only surmise that it is a minimal-damage sort of shotgun. I'm just trying to confirm/debunk whether or not the shotgun damage would be atypical of what the average person would expect from a shotgun.

cachluv Guest
    There was not much blood on the floor at all. Certainly not as much blood as if a living person were shot.

Kurt bought the gun for protection. I don't know anything about rifles or shotguns but regarding forensics, there wasn't much blood on the floor and not too much damage to his head/face.

stinkythejokedog Guest
    He was the James Dean of rock...nothing that influential in the medium of R&R has occurred since the early 90's...I'm waiting for the next rock messiah...

KMKSouthie2001 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by stinkythejokedog View Post
    He was the James Dean of rock...nothing that influential in the medium of R&R has occurred since the early 90's...I'm waiting for the next rock messiah...
    I agree, but I feel that someone like Kurt only comes around once in a blue moon. He was the voice of his generation, he was the John Lennon of his time.

yesterdaysfeelings Guest
    does your girlfriend try to write in YOUR handwriting?
    she was writing the same things over and over, which what was written ended up matching the "suicide" note.

courtney couldn't kill anyone? if I had no idea who she was, just by the way she looks/acts, I'd think she's killed a bunch of people. she looks completely insane.

I believe everyone is capable of murder. not everyone can get away with it, but I think everyone has the capability to do so.
    they just may never act like it.

it is a shame he's gone. but who's to say it really is suicide? murder? I believe it is murder. but I'm not declaring it.

I have a strong feeling that it wasn't suicide.

Mrs. James Dean Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by stinkythejokedog View Post
    Honestly, I liked Kurt and Nirvana but I believe that they were and still are a bit overrated. He was good musician no doubt about that and YES because of Kurt and Nirvana they brought this new rock era into the mainstream but they were not the greatest. They are hail now as the best perhaps because of Kurt's death. Had he not killed himself the story of Nirvana may be different. Personally, I prefer Pearl Jam over Nirvana and that time Pearl Jam was breaking album sales records and Nirvana was suffering. I don't know it could have been a different story had Kurt survived.

Now, about Kurt's suicide or murder it's a mystery. There's somethings that don't seem right with the suicide angle like no finger prints on the gun (did they find finger prints or no?), the whole incident in Rome I think was accidental and not a suicide attempt, could he have shot himself with that type of gun, et et. I don't know and I think we will never know. It's another mystery.

desertangel Guest
    This guy I was dating back in the day bought tickets to Nirvana when they came to town. We broke up before the show took place. Cobain was found dead within days of that show. I saw the guy at the bar not long after and he said it didn't surprise him Cobain was dead because of the way he was acting at the show.... never looked at the audience, head hung down, hair hanging in his face, inaudible singing, the entire show. He said he could tell the band and some fans were obviously concerned about Kurt. Was it part of his act? He was very vocal about not liking the meteor rise to fame. I vote for tourtered soul who OD'd. Both of their heroin addiction is well-documented. As far as the shot gun thing... I dunno, I say it was thrown in for mileage maybe.

mac_lorre Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by KMKSouthie2001 View Post
    I've got a question: does anyone here know anything about the firepower of the Remington M-11 20 gauge Sportsman (the shotgun that brought Kurt's life to an end)? I know that, according to the crime scene reports, there was no visible damage to Kurt's face, aside from the fact that blood had pooled around his left ear. I also understand that the M-11 20 gauge sportsman is used primarily in the hunting of fowl, so one can only surmise that it is a minimal-damage sort of shotgun. I'm just trying to confirm/debunk whether or not the shotgun damage would be atypical of what the average person would expect from a shotgun.
    It's as powerful as any other 20 gauge, which is to say, pretty powerful. More specifically, the least powerful shells send 1 ounce of shot out of the muzzle at 1200 feet per second. Not much less power than a 12 gauge. To give a bit of perspective, a 9mm handgun launches a bullet weighing roughly 1/4 ounce at about the same velocity.

You're correct in that it is a gun used mostly for birds and rabbits, but at very close range, it's quite devastating in the damage it can inflict.

If he had the barrel stuck deep in his mouth, his face wouldn't have sustained much, if any, damage.

cachluv Guest
    "If he had the barrel stuck deep in his mouth, his face wouldn't have sustained much, if any, damage."

---Yes, but wouldn't the back of his head have been demolished?

And if an already dead person is shot, there's not much blood. The reports say there wasn't much blood...

Jack Raines Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by desertangel View Post
    This guy I was dating back in the day bought tickets to Nirvana when they came to town. We broke up before the show took place. Cobain was found dead within days of that show. I saw the guy at the bar not long after and he said it didn't surprise him Cobain was dead because of the way he was acting at the show.... never looked at the audience, head hung down, hair hanging in his face, inaudible singing, the entire show. He said he could tell the band and some fans were obviously concerned about Kurt. Was it part of his act? He was very vocal about not liking the meteor rise to fame. I vote for tourtered soul who OD'd. Both of their heroin addiction is well-documented. As far as the shot gun thing... I dunno, I say it was thrown in for mileage maybe.

I've listened to Nirvana's final concert (March 1, 1994 in Germany) and Kurt seemed to be in a pretty good mood, it was one of Nirvana's best concerts,in my opinion.

But, Kurt was pretty unhappy on that last tour. From what I've heard though, it was mostly because he hated being on tour in Europe, and his bronchitis was acting up.

Lucy Furr Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Raines View Post
    Have you guys seen what Kurt's daughter Frances Bean Cobain looks like these days? She looks kind of like a Kelly Osbourne/Courtney Love hybrid with Kurt's eyes.

Here's pics of her hanging out at a Vogue party last month with Bruce Willis' daughter Tallulah: http://www.bestweekever.tv/2007/09/2...s-on-cold-case

If I was going to be a dick, I'd say she looks like Columbia from "Rocky Horror Picture Show"...
    haha, actually she looks just like her mother with her father's eyes. Now remember, Courtney has had many a plastic surgery and she used to have kind of a homely look prior to her surgeries.

Lucy Furr Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by susalu View Post
    Ummmm... . Courtney had a very public relationship with Ed Norton post Kurt.... While I am not surprised she hasn't remarried, I don't think she has purposely avoided it....

I think Kurt's death is suspicious, but I don't want to believe she had anything to do with it... The "suicide" note is very suspicious to me... It does sound like a letter to the public explaining why he would retire, not a suicide note... The ending seems heartfelt to Courtney and Frances, but it is a clear change in the tone of the letter.. It certainly portrays Kurt as a loving father and husband... But did he write it????

Courtney is certainly smart enough to have planned something, but I hate to think it's true... Especially since she is the sole caretaker for Frances....

Susan
    Ed Norton apparently had proposed to her and she turned him down...can you believe that? This was prior to his dating [SIZE=-1]Selma Hyack.

I don't why I'm even in this thread, I can't stand Kurt or Courtney. From what I understand they deserved each other.
    [/SIZE]

RigorMortis Guest
    That Francis Bean is one homely girl. WoW!

We always called Kurt, Kurt Kabang!

Quote Originally Posted by KMKSouthie2001 View Post
    The shotgun, as in all guns, is a vehicle for delivering a projectile, or in this case, shot in a cartridge. When the shotgun is in the mouth it is not the characteristics of the weapon that are important, it is the cartridge. The type of shot, load, spread, velocity etc is most important. It can stay compact and punch a relatively small hole through the back of the head or it could fan out and take everything behind the ears etc. Once it is in the mouth and the trigger is pulled, the shot is delivered in such a way that the characteristics of the projectile determine the damage.

When shooting fowl it is best to have a cartridge that scatters the shot. This way the least amount of pellets will kill or damage the bird. If the shot were focused the bird would be a shredded mess.
    I am a sick puppy....woof woof!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Carping the living shit out of the Diem. - Me!!
    http://www.pinterest.com/neilmpenny

Hawk Guest
    I'm not sure wether he killed himself or not, there are some things that are very fishy, but then there are a lot of things to support that it was just a suicide also.

I do have a few things to say after reading all the posts so far.....

1. "It's better to burn out than fade away" A line from a Neil Young song long before Def Leppard..MY My Hey Hey, good song, couldv'e been written about Cobain, except it was written in 1979.

2. John Lennon (and the Beatles) changed music in a way that Nirvana never came close to, when I heard Kurt Cobain compared to John Lennon about 5 minutes after he died by Todd Rundgren on MTV, I was in shock.
    3 albums before his death with the 3rd one not selling so well until after he died and he gets compared to Lennon? Really? Do some research on the Beatles and get back to me on that one OK!

3. Someone mentioned Kurt as being "a great musician" ....great songwriter maybe, but I don't know anyone who was in awe of his musical prowess. Nirvana's music was not that complex, most first year guitar students can play Nirvana riffs. Besides what about the rest of the band?? The way people talk about this guy you'd think Nirvana was just Kurt Cobain.

I could go on but I won't I wasn't 12 when he died I was an adult, so I guess as a person who thinks rock music has sucked for a long time, I think that people who think there was John Lennon then there was Kurt Cobain, must not know much about the music they say they are so passionate about.

BTW, I liked Nirvana I thought they were a refreshing change from most of the crap that was out at that time, I even thought maybe they would save the world from rap music, that didn't happen, but I remember at the time of his death, Nirvana was big, but, when Cobain died he became this sort of mythical Rock God. I didn't get it. But it sure helped MTV's ratings at the time, they exploited his death about as mush as Courtney.....

The links to the different Cobain investigations are cool, I'll probably spend some time loooking them over.

Hawk Guest
    One more thing, someone posted a pick or the shotgun, and a drawing of the scene, and said the shell from the gun ejected from the opposite side of where the empty shell was found.

Looking at the pic the shell was found on the same side as where it ejects from the gun, unless the drawing of the scene is wrong.

Death Hag Chris Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawk View Post
    One more thing, someone posted a pick or the shotgun, and a drawing of the scene, and said the shell from the gun ejected from the opposite side of where the empty shell was found.

Looking at the pic the shell was found on the same side as where it ejects from the gun, unless the drawing of the scene is wrong.
    i'm a lazy fuck...do you hav e a link to this drawing? i'm interested in seeing it.

Hawk Guest

Curtis Radiohead Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by knothere View Post
    i think kurts murder shoud have been solved
    I honestly do not think he was murdered. He was very troubled, especially at the end...

Curtis Radiohead Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucy Furr View Post
    Ed Norton apparently had proposed to her and she turned him down...can you believe that? This was prior to his dating [SIZE=-1]Selma Hyack. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=-1]I don't why I'm even in this thread, I can't stand Kurt or Courtney. From what I understand they deserved each other.[/SIZE]
    Courney is a crotch!!!!!!

Jack Raines Guest
    Because I think alot of you missed it the first time I posted it , here's a pic that's supposedly a close-up of Kurt Cobain's body after he died. http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b8...ium05/0791.gif

It's not gory at all, in case you're the squeamish type.

I found it on a Nirvana fan forum a few months ago.

Kathyf Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Raines View Post
    Because I think alot of you missed it the first time I posted it , here's a pic that's supposedly a close-up of Kurt Cobain's body after he died. http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b8...ium05/0791.gif

It's not gory at all, in case you're the squeamish type.

I found it on a Nirvana fan forum a few months ago.
    Thanks I never saw that one.

up here in seattle, a local 'gadfly' has been running his public access show since 1994 dedicated to what he calls the murder of kurt cobain. he is unique. here is an article of him a few years ago.
    http://www.thestranger.com/seattle/Content?oid=12653

oranjuicejones Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by johnny View Post
    up here in seattle, a local 'gadfly' has been running his public access show since 1994 dedicated to what he calls the murder of kurt cobain. he is unique. here is an article of him a few years ago.
    http://www.thestranger.com/seattle/Content?oid=12653
    I know exactly who you're talking about without clicking on the link. That dudes a nut he ran for mayor too. Seattle has an intresting public access station, they have or had a guy mike hunt who smokes weed and plays porno and alex jones documentaries. Often with all three on the screen at the same time.

sheri Guest
    just my 2 cents here but i always thought that kurt was deeply troubled if not disturbed. i prolly would have been if i was married to that 'hole' courtney...courtney comes across as a no talent flea bah ho...the few videos i saw on tv of nirvana kurt always seemed to have his hair in his face, and head hanging down looking all depressed and not like the rise to fame none much...i think he killed himself because he was so far gone mentally that he couldnt cope anymore with life in general...imho

Quote Originally Posted by sheri View Post
    the few videos i saw on tv of nirvana Kurt always seemed to have his hair in his face, and head hanging down looking all depressed and not like the rise to fame none much...
    It's called grunge.
    I am a sick puppy....woof woof!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Carping the living shit out of the Diem. - Me!!
    http://www.pinterest.com/neilmpenny

death hag dee Guest
    The reason given behind there being no fingerprints on the gun is because it had been recently cleaned and oiled, oil does not hold fingerprints

Jack Raines Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by sheri View Post
    the few videos i saw on tv of nirvana kurt always seemed to have his hair in his face, and head hanging down looking all depressed and not like the rise to fame none much..
    Here's a few interviews with Kurt to show you that he wasn't so one-dimensional.

Kurt discussing how Nirvana is just as much New Wave as it is "grunge":
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WflnA_3vE20

Kurt talking about what an immature prick Axl Rose is:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7cs6T-iRx1A

Kurt on In Utero and his future:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ow_5LTQ8ETs

MTV Interview with Nirvana from 1993 about In Utero:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EC7FPvdwe_8
    Last edited by Jack Raines; 12-12-2007 at 10:07 PM.