Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Betty White

We watched it on hulu (Thanks Bettie!) with a skeptical eye because neither my husband or I feel this show's been worth a damn for years.

We both thought Betty did a great job in the skits that we saw (we didn't watch the entire episode because we were pressed for time). I liked her monologue and the hilarious bit about Facebook so much that as you can see, I stole one of her lines for my sig.

Go get 'em Betty!

stacebabe Guest
    I watched it last night on SNL's website -- mercifully, there wasn't the musical performance by Jay Z. I thought Betty hit it out of the ballpark. She was hysterical, and it's by far the best episode I've seen in years.

Snoopy Guest
    Betty rocked SNL! She is the absolute best..love her!~

ChiFan27 Guest
    Betty White was amazing. She sure doesn't act like an 88 year old. The McGruber skits were funny as well as the radio interview.

1karenhb Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by ChiFan27 View Post
    Betty White was amazing. She sure doesn't act like an 88 year old. The McGruber skits were funny as well as the radio interview.
    You mean the interview about her soft moist muffin? I think it would have been funny for her to pose "naked" in a PETA ad skit.

Jack-O-Lantern Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by 1karenhb View Post
    You mean the interview about her soft moist muffin? I think it would have been funny for her to pose "naked" in a PETA ad skit.
    That goes down in history, right along with Alec Baldwin's "Schwetty Balls" !!!

1karenhb Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack-O-Lantern View Post

Indeed it does. Isn't he the guest host next week?

GrinReaper Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack-O-Lantern View Post
    And just when you thought that Schwetty Balls couldn't be outdone!

Giada Guest
    Betty has always found her way in humor, from Life with Elizabeth through, MTM, Golden Girls ... and SNL ...

Mrs. James Dean Guest
    I thought she was hilarious. I caught a few skits on online and I laughed. That show does suck though.

motherogod Guest
    She was great, wasn't she? I LOVED IT!

silverwaif77 Guest
    "My muffin hasnt had a cherry in it since 1939."

"I went through menopause during Vietnam. I'm 90, 90 years old"

Fujicakes Guest
    I like her in the Snickers commercial

When I first heard of this case, I thought they were recent sex photos (you go girl) but if anyone wants to buy these, they are sex photos Betty White and Allan Ludden. I think the people who got them are willing to sell them to the highest bidder.

According to insiders, there’s a small collection of photos which depict the the actress, 88, and her late husband, television host Allen Ludden, engaging in sexual activities.

There are said to be four photos in total. The pics in question, which are reportedly being shopped to various media organizations were recently found in a box belonging to Betty.

The box was supposedly left behind at her old house along with other memorabilia.

Along with celebrity comes the pitfalls that not even Betty White can escape. This means that there are paparazzi and get-rich-quick scammers rifling through her garbage can and questioning Betty White's friends to get a tip that they can sell to papers - or worse, adult film companies.

Unfortunately, the latter may be true for Betty White. Insiders a saying that there is a collection of photos which show Betty White and her late husband, television host Allen Ludden, getting it on - in a sexual manner.

Reports are, that Betty White left four pics in a lockbox in her old house and some scammer opened it up and probably wants to sell to the highest bidder.

The best case scenario is that they are REALLY OLD pictures of Betty White and her husband, back in the pre-polaroid black-and-white days... but we may not be so lucky

http://dimewars.com/Blog/ViewBlogArt...c-e0492fc937b3
    I shall die, but that is all that I shall do for Death; I am not on his pay-roll.

Edna St. Vincent Millay

Hag1 Guest
    I watched her in HOT in Cleveland last night. She was great! not so much the show, but she was great.

michellezearing Guest
    I dont think there are any sex photos.

Quote Originally Posted by michellezearing View Post
    I dont think there are any sex photos.
    Betty is denying that it is her.
    http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/...0929617&page=1

Witjas explained that rumors about nude photos of White come up every few years. This latest tale is probably tied to her spike in popularity since hosting "Saturday Night Live" and signing on to a new sitcom, "Hot in Cleveland ," which premieres tonight on TV Land.

White confronted a similar sexy photo situation in 1985 when she appeared as a guest on "Late Night With David Letterman." Letterman revealed a playing card featuring a topless, ear-muffs wearing White as the nine of hearts. White posed for the photo early in her career, when she was still struggling to make it as an actress.

White blushed and denied the photo was of her before jokingly admitting to Letterman: "It does look like me except the ear muffs would not have been there ?? they would have been here," while pointing at her breasts.

Though she may not be seen nude in public anytime soon, White doesn't have a problem being compared to another celebrity turned explicit photo star -- Britney Spears.

On Monday, "Daily Show" host Jon Stewart told White (who was on the program to promote "Hot in Cleveland") that he was worried that all her recent successes might make her "go a little nutty" and cause a "Britney" phase. Acting like the paranoid, deer-caught-in-headlights Spears, White repeated, "I'm fine, I'm absolutely fine
    I shall die, but that is all that I shall do for Death; I am not on his pay-roll.

Edna St. Vincent Millay

Betty was the nine of hearts? I love her more!!

RaRaRamona Guest
    Getting it on in a sexual manner...in what other manner would one be getting it on?

White confronted a similar sexy photo situation in 1985 when she appeared as a guest on "Late Night With David Letterman." Letterman revealed a playing card featuring a topless, ear-muffs wearing White as the nine of hearts. White posed for the photo early in her career, when she was still struggling to make it as an actress.

White blushed and denied the photo was of her before jokingly admitting to Letterman: "It does look like me except the ear muffs would not have been there – they would have been here," while pointing at her breasts.
    Yep, I remember that.

There was scuttlebutt about it even way back when she was on Password. People said the reason they didn't materialize was because of (her husband) Allen's pull in the tv world. Well, he's been dead for quite some time now. So I don't think that excuse washes. I think this is either a publicity stunt that's used repeatedly or just the rumor mill regurgitating the same stuff for thirty plus years, as they do.

Giada Guest
    Betty has had a wonderful comedic presence. She plays the ditzy or over sexed woman with ease.

I watched Hot in Cleveland last night, funny premise, weak script. I'll hope it improves ... great cast.

simon69 Guest

Betty White in 'Breaking Dawn'?

Betty White has hosted Saturday Night Live. She starred in one of this year's most popular Super Bowl commercials. She even got herself an MTV Movie Award nomination for her work feeling up Sandra Bullock in The Proposal. And now she's back on weekly television with TV Land's Hot in Cleveland.
    So what's left for the Golden Girl to do? How about Twilight? Yup, we think director Bill Condon should cast the 88-year-old legend in Breaking Dawn.
    Guess who likes our idea: Robert Pattinson!
    Read on to find out what he and many of his vampire movie costars have to say about Betty in Breaking. And no, we haven't started a Facebook campaign?at least not yet.

simon69 Guest

Snoopy Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Giada View Post
    Betty has had a wonderful comedic presence. She plays the ditzy or over sexed woman with ease.

I watched Hot in Cleveland last night, funny premise, weak script. I'll hope it improves ... great cast.
    I agree with everything you wrote!

simon69 Guest

...was on the Community season premiere tonight, as the urine-drinking anthropology teacher who's not taking anybody's guff. And she was funny as hell.

Pat MaGroin Guest

Betty White's 89th Birthday

They celebrated Betty White's 89th Birthday Party yesterday.

(If you get a chance to see The Comedy Central Roast of William Shatner, I really recommend it. Betty is on there and one of the comedians [Jeff Ross?] points her out and says "..and Betty White Shatner pants" - That line cracks me up)

Have a piece of cake, everybody.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BettyWhite89BDay.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	91.1 KB 
ID:	29812   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BettyWhite89.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	63.0 KB 
ID:	29813  

at the 50 second mark betty white comes up with a great adlib.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mWusFf0zNow
    Delusion. Life's Best Coping Mechanism
    Check out Floyd's new Band:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YHYA5iAAJg8

I have also heard Betty say "These were taken so long ago it really doesn't matter. You decide if they are Betty:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bettywhite1.jpg 
Views:	39 
Size:	17.8 KB 
ID:	30625   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bettywhite2.jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	29.7 KB 
ID:	30626  
    "Everybody is born, and everybody dies. Being born wasn't so bad , was it?"
    Peter the Hermit

Flowergrrl Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by MagnusDippytack View Post
    I have also heard Betty say "These were taken so long ago it really doesn't matter. You decide if they are Betty:
    In comparing the second photo with this one... It could very well be her.

I don't know how old she is in this photo, it looks like she could be 10-15 years older in this picture than the nude photos. The same nose and mouth, the eyebrows and cheekbones are all in the same proximity.
    Last edited by Flowergrrl; 05-24-2011 at 09:36 PM.

GuiltyLittleDeathHag Guest
    This woman absolutely cracks me up...Did you see the Hot in Cleveland new season advert where she's doing some air humping dance and the other girls are cracking up? OMG I was crying I laughed so hard. And over this too about Sarah Palin:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TxL7MKsGoPo

Quote Originally Posted by shipmatekate View Post

LOL!

MorbidChrissy Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by shipmatekate View Post
    lol Yes! One of my friends on Facebook posted that. It's so hilarious and true!!

Jacksmum Guest
    We watched Betty's 90th Birthday party last night. Absolutely hilarious. I laughed the whole time. Nice to see the "old timers" from back in the day

Nelliebean Guest
    She's reached a point in her life when she really doesn't give a crap what others say. Good for her!!

havoc Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacksmum View Post
    We watched Betty's 90th Birthday party last night. Absolutely hilarious. I laughed the whole time. Nice to see the "old timers" from back in the day
    It was awesome! It was great to see the folks from Mary Tyler Moore, Rhoda, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Jacksmum View Post
    I missed it but caught this that was on right afterwards:
    http://www.nbc.com/betty-whites-off-their-rockers/

I laughed out loud so hard, I was scared of waking my daughter!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by havoc View Post
    It was awesome! It was great to see the folks from Mary Tyler Moore, Rhoda, etc.

Speaking of MTM, did anyone else notice how frail she appeared to be?

Hoagie78 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by AtlantaBlair View Post
    Speaking of MTM, did anyone else notice how frail she appeared to be?
    I noticed that too. I felt sorry for her. She appears to be nearly blind.

I just found out her show Off Their Rockers is moving to NBC next week. I'm pretty excited but I hope they don't dull it down for network tv.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Do mind the pedestrian, Richard."
    - Hyacinth Bucket

Same here. I remember when John Laroquette's show with him playing the graveyard shift manager of a bus terminal came out. The first season was hilarious. Second season they move it and it becomes watered-down, preachy bullshit with a moral at the end. This was about the time Daryl Chill Mitchell was in that accident that put him in the wheelchair for the rest of his life. He went to all the trouble to come back and they'd turned it into a crappy sitcom while he wasn't looking. Blah.

She's 91 today.

dia846 Guest
    She is a treasure! I'm old enough to remember Betty being a frequent guest panelist on her late husband Allen Ludden's game show long ago. Always a delight!

Happy 91st Birthday to Betty BADASS White!!!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Here one day, Gone one night, Gone too soon...
    Missing you forever...

Does everyone know they can post birthday wishes to her on the Betty White's Off Their Rockers FB page? If not, ya do now.

I look at real old celebrities and sometime wonder when was the last time they got laid. Was it five days, months, years? The thing I fear most about getting old is not dying, but not getting laid. There comes a time in most peoples lives where they don't get laid for the last fifteen or twenty years of their life. Then you die and never even get a chance to get laid ever.
    "Everybody is born, and everybody dies. Being born wasn't so bad , was it?"
    Peter the Hermit

That's a myth, Magnus. Start taking vitamin supplements now and don't play in traffic. You should be good to go.

Betty White's Second Annual 90th Birthday Bash is gonna be on NBC Tuesday night

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BettyWhites90thBirthdaySpecial_P.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	57.6 KB 
ID:	45222

Seven-time Emmy Award winner Betty White will be celebrating her 91st birthday in style as a star-studded line up of special guests pays tribute to one of the world??s most beloved entertainers in ??Betty White??s 2nd Annual 90th Birthday Special.?. Blake Shelton, Bill Cosby, Whoopi Goldberg, Sean Hayes, Rico Rodriguez, Lily Tomlin and Sarah Silverman will honor America??s comedy sweetheart, along with Bill Clinton, the 42nd President of the United States. Also on hand to deliver birthday wishes will be Vicki Lawrence --reprising her popular title role from ??Mama??s Family? -- Katie Couric and White??s ??Hot in Cleveland? co-stars ??Valerie Bertinelli, Jane Leeves and Wendie Malick, as well as Zachary Levi, Larry King and Kate Flannery.

The evening will include special performances ?? including Shelton singing a tailor-made musical number for the birthday girl ?? as well as comedy and clips that perfectly capture the irreverent tone, spirit and comedic flair that are the hallmark of White??s extraordinary career. At 91 years old, White is one of the funniest and busiest actresses in Hollywood, currently starring on NBC??s ??Betty White??s Off Their Rockers? and TV Land??s ??Hot in Cleveland.? With a career that has spanned more than 60 years, the star of classic series like ??The Mary Tyler Moore Show? and ??Golden Girls? has created unforgettable roles in television and film. She has also authored seven books and won numerous awards, including those for her lifelong work for animal welfare.

http://www.nbcumv.com/mediavillage/n...irthdayspecial

And a big Happy birthday to Betty White......who is 92 Years old today.
    To my Father. Even though you have crossed the plane, you will always be with me.
    You were not just my Father, but my hero. My life has been a poor attempt to be like you
    You taught me music, vocals, and how to fight. I can only hope I am half the man you are
    When I close my eyes I can see you. And finally, Thank you Dad. for everything.
    March 1934-July 2016