Page 20 of 24 FirstFirst ... 111819202122 ... LastLast
Results 951 to 1,000 of 1166

Thread: Aussie Rules Footy

Kugmu Guest
    Cats vs Blues starts for me at 0010!
    May see the start but not the end.

Go Cats!

Kugmu Guest
    Geelong will play Collingwood in the AFL pre-season final Friday!
    Go Cats!

PvN73 Guest
    You all better beat Collingwood, gosh I couldn't stand to hear it if they win, it will be like they won the actual real premiership.

mcconk2 Guest
    I quite like the boobie squeezing business.....

Quote Originally Posted by PvN73 View Post
    Ohhh no! This was one of the main stories on the news. He can get stuffed!

OMG can you only imagine what he would teach them? How to squeeze some chicks boobies, or how to slap your girlfriend? He is an absolute disgrace.

mcconk2 Guest
    hope the pies win for one reason....

they will be so wrapped up in winning anything that they will only realise by round 16 that the real stuff started...

no REAL finals for them

quote=Kugmu;681930]Geelong will play Collingwood in the AFL pre-season final Friday!
    Go Cats![/quote]

Kugmu Guest
    2009 NAB Cup Grand Final
    Collingwood vs Geelong
    Friday 13 March at 7:45PM

That ends up being 3/13 at 0145 for me in California, USA.
    I'm not sure if you can watch it here...i'm not even going to try.
    Hopefully it will be good news for me when I turn on my computer in the morning.
    Go Cats!

2009 NAB Cup Grand Final preview

Where and when: Docklands, Friday March 13, 7.45pm AEDT

Broadcast: Channel 7 (check local guides for details)

PRE-SEASON FORM GUIDE
    Collingwood:
    Their last pre-season trophy came in 1979 and this is the Pies' first NAB Cup grand final since 2003 â?? a game they lost to Adelaide by 31 points. They hadn't progressed past the quarter-final stage since then, but this year has marked a rethink in Mick Malthouse's pre-season strategy with strong line-ups dispatching West Coast, Richmond and Essendon en route to the big one.

Geelong: The Cats won the NAB Cup in 2006 and return for another shot at the pre-season silverware on the back of good wins over Adelaide, Port Adelaide and Carlton. The semi-final win over the undermanned Blues was nowhere near as convincing as their dominance of the Crows to start the campaign, but with Mark Thompson declaring that his best available side will play on Friday night expect Geelong at its imposing best.

PREPARATION
    Collingwood: Malthouse has done well to field strong teams while still giving his youngsters a look-in. Supporters would be pleased with what newcomers Dayne Beams and Steele Sidebottom have shown so far. A comfortable first-round win over the Eagles was followed by the 'Ben Cousins show' against the Tigers, providing a good test in front of a large crowd for this time of year. The Pies jumped out to an early lead against the Bombers last week with John Anthony's seven-goal haul a highlight of the comfortable win.

Geelong: The Cats announced their intentions early when Jimmy Bartel, Gary Ablett and Paul Chapman spearheaded a strong line-up against the Crows in round one. Their stars have taken turns being rested along the way but such is the depth at Geelong that their teams have still maintained a formidable look. Emerging defender Harry Taylor highlighted that depth when he stepped up against Carlton with an eye-catching 29-possession display.

PLAYERS TO WATCH
    Collingwood:

John Anthony: Drafted as a backman, word is Anthony spent a lot of time training in defence over summer but his seven-goal performance against the Bombers suggests he's keen to remain in attack. Malthouse wants versatility from his talls, but Anthony's strong presence forward will make him hard to move. And he's a beautiful kick for goal.
    Josh Fraser: The Pies' chief ruckman was rested last week, but he should return to shore up the stocks in what looms as a key battle with Brad Ottens. Both players work hard around the ground and the winner of this particular duel will go a long way toward securing victory for their team.
    Dayne Beams: When a first-year player bursts onto the scene, it's easy to get over-excited but the way Beams has taken to the elite level suggests he'll be one to watch this season and beyond.

Geelong:
    Gary Ablett: This year Thompson will use the master midfielder as a forward instead of resting him on the bench. That's great for the neutral football lover but not so good for opposition teams. Last week it took Ablett a minute to kick the game's first goal and he has shown many other flashes of brilliance ahead of what promises to be a special year.
    Mathew Stokes: The exciting small forward was a little bit off the boil last week, but was on fire in the opening two rounds with seven goals and a horde of possessions. He appears to carry a new hunger after a disappointing grand final against Hawthorn and could play a vital role in attack for the Cats.
    Jeremy Laidler: The second-year rookie is doing everything he can for elevation and showed that with some nice touch in the semi-final against Carlton. In the second quarter alone, Laidler gathered seven possessions and booted a super-goal off just three steps.

SUMMARY
    Spectators will get the grand final they want when the two best teams of the pre-season go head-to-head on Friday night. Both coaches have promised to play their best line-ups which sets up an encounter to savour. Geelong would love to launch 2009 with a night premiership but Collingwood is also keen to set the agenda for the coming season with the aim of a top-four berth.

Going on last year's form, the Cats are favourites but remember the Pies were the only side to beat them in the home-and-away season and will strongly fancy their chances.

PREDICTION
    Geelong by eight points

(Link: http://www.afl.com.au/Results/tabid/...fixtureid=5232)

Geelong by 8 points? In other words anyone can win it. Dayne Beams is going to be a superstar. I get it at 10.30pm and I cannot wait.
    I am a sick puppy....woof woof!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Carping the living shit out of the Diem. - Me!!
    http://www.pinterest.com/neilmpenny

All square first quarter, 23 points each. Second quarter, half way through and Geelong are turning on the gas....... awesome stuff. They are going to be hard to beat this year.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Kugmu Guest
    Geelong over Collingwood big time!
    127 - 51.
    Has the best part of my day already happened?

Quote Originally Posted by Kugmu View Post
    Geelong over Collingwood big time!
    127 - 51.
    Has the best part of my day already happened?
    Thanks mate, watching the third quarter now.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Kugmu Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by neilmpenny View Post
    Thanks mate, watching the third quarter now.
    What the...?
    The match has been over for hours...

Kugmu Guest
    Season starts next week!
    Iâ??ll post the weekend schedules and things on Wednesday (my time) like I did last year.
    But first, hereâ??s a little news about everyoneâ??s favorite ex-â??roo!

We needed Wayne Carey back: Kangaroos

18/03/2009 3:30:00 PM. | AAP

A rehabilitated Wayne Carey will be an ideal promotional weapon for North Melbourne in its bid to avoid relocation, according to former skipper Adam Simpson.

Simpson said he welcomed the move by the club and its wayward superstar to make peace, with the former superstar forward set to take up an ambassadorial role with the 'Roos.

Simpson, who stepped down as captain at the end of last year, said the club needed former stars like Carey who will be inducted into North's Hall of Fame after a period of admitted drug abuse and brushes with the law.

"It opens the door a little bit for Wayne to come back and (know) he has the blessing of all the people around the club," Simpson said.

"It will help him with his recovery and with the club moving forward. I think we need people like Wayne behind us and in our camp to help promote the club and make sure we secure our future here."

He said it was unlikely Carey would be used in any assistant coaching role, however.

"I'm not sure they've actually spoken too much about Wayne actually coming down and working with the players as such yet but (he will play) more of an ambassador's role, I'd say."

Meanwhile, after handing over the captain's job to Brent Harvey, Simpson said he was anticipating spending more time on the bench this season.

"It might be a bit hard to get a game this year - normally the skipper gets a game no matter what," he said.

"I feel like I'm fighting for my spot a little bit more now, which is a good thing because I've got no injuries.

"Looking at some of the players that have played through the midfield over the pre-season, you can see some guys who have really developed in the last four or five weeks.

"It wouldn't surprise me if it did drop back a little bit but I won't make it that easy for them.

"If I do start on the bench or my game's a bit limited, as long as I have an impact and hold my spot, I'm not too worried about it at the moment," Simpson said.

Macquarie National News

PvN73 Guest
    I read this yesterday, I like how they do not want him for player development! HAAAAA loser.

Kugmu Guest
    I post this without commit.
    No commits at all...

Judd hoping rival AFL captains are right

AAP - March 19, 2009, 6:42 pm
    It's an unfamiliar tune, but one that Carlton captain Chris Judd is happy to hear.

The Blues, according to Judd's rival captains, are a good thing to make the finals in 2009 and the club is likely to provide the league's leading goalkicker for the season.
    Carlton had its best season in four years in 2008 finishing 11th and winning 10 games.
    Like so many others, Judd is expecting even more improvement in the coming season.
    But if his team is to make the finals, one thing it needs to do is rely less on one of its greatest assets - Brendan Fevola.
    Fevola booted 99 goals last year to carry the Blues to most of their victories.
    He also finished second in the Coleman Medal.
    In `09, however, Judd won't mind if he doesn't equal that tally - so long as some other goalkickers step forward.
    "I think one of the big things we've got to do this year is get another option in our forward line," Judd said.
    "If we continue to be so Fev-focussed, other teams will keep on putting three or four players in front of him because they know there's no other avenue to goal.
    "So really, to become a better team we need to get another couple of targets up there which will really take the load off Fev."
    Fevola's performance apart, Judd believes there are a number of other reasons for Carlton to be playing in September.
    "We think we're going to be a better side than last year," he said.
    "But we haven't played finals for eight years and we realise we're coming from a long way back.
    "Some people were probably impressed with our two NAB Cup games.
    "Even in the second half of last year we showed something and we were a pretty young side who improved throughout the year."
    Long before Judd and his team start thinking about finals football, they have a season to start with a much-anticipated opening match against Richmond.
    Judd's match-up against Ben Cousins is one that would have been difficult to imagine for most of their respective careers - for one thing they both played most of their football for the same team.
    The Carlton captain, however, is playing it down.
    "You can't just treat the elite players with respect," he said.
    "We'll do our research on the whole team."
    And when they do, it will surprise no-one if they conclude that Judd might need to give Cousins some special attention.

We have been relying on Fev way too much. He is heavily marked and anytime the ball even looks like going forward they are on him like flies to shit on a blanket. If we can get two more players up forward who can not only get ball but be a reliable kick at goal (Kruzer and Murphy come to mind) then we have a very dangeroud forward line. If not, we will struggle. Ratten is a great tactician and a solid coach with the benefit of having played the modern game.

I saw Cousins play the other week, and apart from some more fitness needed in his legs he did well. He was buffed and had clearly been working hard on his fitness (especially the weights). A head to head against Judd will be a classic matchup.

Everyone at Carlton expects us to make the finals, so much so that it could work against us. But it was always the plan that this year would be the year that we have a fair dinkum crack at the finals. First we had to get the players, then get some meat on their bones and a season or two experience. Go Blues!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Kugmu Guest
    Let the HEALING begin!
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I've been a failure as a man: Carey

Wayne Carey has taken an emotional step towards repairing the damage done by his destructive off-field actions, but admits there is a long way to go.
    The dual AFL premiership captain used his induction into the North Melbourne club's Hall of Fame on Saturday night to publicly apologise for the mistakes he has made in his personal life.
    Carey admitted he had been an emotional "failure" as a man, brought pain to family, friends and teammates and delivered a "slap in the face" to people who tried to help him by pushing them away.
    But he said he was trying to atone for past wrongs and was making progress in his long path to emotional maturity.
    "I have started to make private amends to certain people and with respect to them all I will attempt to offer my apologies and take full responsibility for the pain I have caused," Carey said.
    "I blame no one for my past actions other than myself and I have much work to do in rebuilding not only my life but my self-respect.
    "Although for the first time in a very, very long time I can tell you I'm a very much healthier and more emotionally fit person."
    He struggled with emotion as he contrasted his on-field heroics - which have made him the club's greatest player in the eyes of many - with his sorry record off the field.
    After a standing ovation as he took the stage, Carey received equally wholehearted applause from the North faithful when he uttered the words "I'm sorry".
    "I'm sincerely sorry for all of the pain I've caused over the past years to so many people in so many ways," Carey said.
    "I've let down my family, my teammates, my closest friends, the supporters, this great club which has given me so much and of course myself.
    "I may have been successful as a footballer ... but nonetheless I have been a failure as an emotionally mature man."
    Carey played 244 games for the Kangaroos, captaining them to premierships in 1996 and 1999, was a four-time best and fairest and five-time leading goalkicker.
    But he was forced out on the eve of the 2002 season after his affair with the wife of teammate and then close friend Anthony Stevens became public.
    His life sunk further in the past two years, when he faced assault charges for separate incidents in the United States and Australia.
    He was convicted and fined in a Melbourne court last month for assaulting police.
    The 37-year-old, who has admitted to substance abuse and undergone counselling, paid tribute to friends and family who "loved me when I've been at my most unlovable".
    They included his brother Dick and former `Roos administrator Greg Miller, who he likened to "a second dad".
    He said former teammate Anthony Rock was one friend "I couldn't push away".
    Carey thanked ex-wife Sally and three-year-old daughter Ella, who he said was a motivating force to rebuild his life.
    Denis Pagan, coach during both of his premierships and one of several other Hall of Fame inductees on the night, was also singled out, with Carey saying he both respected and loved him.
    Stevens was not at the function and while Carey did not offer him a specific apology during his speech, he did name him as one of several players whose courage and tenacity made the `Roos of the 1990s so great.
    Carey also pledged to do whatever he could to help shore up North's future.
    "I want this club to be around for the next 100 years, I give my total support and whatever I can do to help not only now but in the future I'm there," he said.

Sometimes "I'm sorry" just does not atone for a world of pain and shit one causes to others.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

My PBS (public broadcasting) station starting broadcast Aussie Rules Football and I fell in love with it. Still learning about how it is played, but I love it.
    "Go to Heaven for the climate - Hell for the company" - Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by Jrwzeigle View Post
    My PBS (public broadcasting) station starting broadcast Aussie Rules Football and I fell in love with it. Still learning about how it is played, but I love it.
    Who are you going to follow?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

ShatteredMirror Guest
    Tell you the best thing about Aussie Footie.
    Those tight shorts and those sleeveless shirts.

Quote Originally Posted by ShatteredMirror View Post
    Tell you the best thing about Aussie Footie.
    Those tight shorts and those sleeveless shirts.
    ---what? I didn't know that!? Hrm, maybe I could get interested in this sport. Do they run a lot? is there a lot of tackling involved? And do they do a Chastain, where they rip their shirts off and run around the field after scoring a field goal? Erm, do they even have field goals?

Can you recommend an especially tight-shorted---errm, skillful--team to watch?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Wow, that was some huge-open-mouthed-but-totally-straight-bromance greeting. (爆)~RaRa

Quote Originally Posted by herekittykitty View Post
    ---what? I didn't know that!? Hrm, maybe I could get interested in this sport. Do they run a lot? is there a lot of tackling involved? And do they do a Chastain, where they rip their shirts off and run around the field after scoring a field goal? Erm, do they even have field goals?

Can you recommend an especially tight-shorted---errm, skillful--team to watch?
    Carlton you dingbat Do pay attention dear.

http://www.carltonfc.com.au/

They run as much as any running game, they tackle as hard as gridiron but wear no padding and thankfully no Chastain

You get the Australia Network, so you can watch the games..... YAY.

http://australianetwork.com/tuning/
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Kugmu Guest
    The 2009 AFL campaign is about to begin!
    Here is the schedule for week 1:

Round 1

Thursday March 26, 2009
    Richmond vs. Carlton â?? Neil is for C

Friday March 27, 2009
    Hawthorn vs. Geelong(*) â?? MC1 vs Kug

Saturday March 28, 2009
    Collingwood vs. Adelaide â?? Jefe is for C
    Brisbane vs. West Coast
    St. Kilda vs. Sydney

Sunday March 29, 2009
    Melbourne vs. North Melbourne â?? Pan is for NM
    Port Adelaide vs. Essendon
    Fremantle vs. Western Bulldogs

(*) This is a rematch of last years AFL Grand Final where Hawthorn was victorious over defending champs Geelong! This very well could be this seasons Grand Final again!

Here is a good Wikipedia page
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Australian_Football_League â?? Lists current teams

More AFL info here:
    http://www.afl.com.au/ - Official AFL Site
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Australian_rules_football - Rules and History
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X_hqosNvv5E â?? Promo video from last year
    http://au.sports.yahoo.com/afl/ - Yahoo AFL page

Lets hope for a great season!
    I will try to post each weeks schedule sometime on Wednesday LA time!

Go Cats!

Kugmu Guest
    Here in the States the only way to see AFL games is on the SETANTA channel.
    http://www.setanta.com/
    This channel is only found on satellite providers and not on any cable providers…which sucks.
    ***If anybody here in the States is able to see Footy matches on cable please post the info!

The link Neil posted above
    http://australianetwork.com/tuning/
    Seems to be only for Asia

This may be a good site to view matches on the computer
    http://www.afl.aussiesport.tv/page/loginOrBuy
    I’ll look into this site later…
    ###If anybody has any other sites to watch the matches please post the info.

No images but the official AFL site features select games
    http://www.afl.com.au/
    This is probably how I’ll ‘see’ the first week’s matches

Go Cats!

Kugmu Guest
    The 16 teams that make-up the AFL:

Adelaide Football Club – Crows - Adelaide, South Australia
    Brisbane Lions – Lions - Brisbane, Queensland
    Carlton Football Club – Blues - Melbourne, Victoria
    Collingwood Football Club – Magpies - Melbourne, Victoria
    Essendon Football Club – Bombers - Melbourne, Victoria
    Fremantle Football Club – Dockers - Fremantle, Western Australia
    Geelong Football Club – Cats - Geelong, Victoria
    Hawthorn Football Club – Hawks - Melbourne, Victoria
    Melbourne Football Club – Demons - Melbourne, Victoria
    North Melbourne Football Club – Kangaroos - Melbourne, Victoria
    Port Adelaide Football Club – Power - Adelaide, South Australia
    Richmond Football Club - Tigers - Melbourne, Victoria
    St Kilda Football Club – Saints - Melbourne, Victoria
    Sydney Swans – Swans - Sydney, New South Wales
    West Coast Eagles – Eagles - Perth, Western Australia
    Western Bulldogs - Bulldogs Melbourne, Victoria

Go Cats!

Good stuff Kugs! The Carlton game is on at 11.00pm here (delayed telecast, we are 3 hours behind Aussie) and i will NOT tune into this thread until it is over.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Nicksmorbidfascination Guest
    just checked it out....good result!! great first match of the season!!!!

c'mon the mighty Hawks tomorrow!!! although it will be weird without Hank, hope Buddy has his golden boots on!!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	buddy.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	46.6 KB 
ID:	13276

Quote Originally Posted by Nicksmorbidfascination View Post
    just checked it out....good result!! great first match of the season!!!!

c'mon the mighty Hawks tomorrow!!! although it will be weird without Hank, hope Buddy has his golden boots on!!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	buddy.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	46.6 KB 
ID:	13276
    Coolamon? Just up the road from my dad's place in Corowa.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Richmond's skills leave a lot to be desired and it has contributed greatly to the hammering Carlton gave them tonight. However, this will improve and they will be a great team this year. The loss of Cousins is dubious as he never got a fantastic amount of ball and then did the hammy. I still believe he will be their best player when he comes back and gets fit.

Carlton kicked 8 goals in the first quarter and it was all over from then on.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Kugmu Guest
    Cats win opener despite Hawthorn Comeback
    http://www.livenews.com.au/sport/cat...09/3/27/201081
    The season starts well for me!
    But damn…they almost lost it all in the final qtr!

i was disapointed obviously as an avid Hawks supporter.... nail biting match!!! I am revved to watch the rest of the season unwind!

Quote Originally Posted by neilmpenny View Post
    Who are you going to follow?
    quite honestly, i am just watching the game and not picking sides - yet. trying to learning how the game is played before I go buy a banner.
    i am like an aussie footy virgin....

who would you recommend?

Kugmu Guest
    i am like an aussie footy virgin....who would you recommend?
    Canâ??t go wrong with the Geelong Cats!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Geelong_Football_Club
    http://www.gfc.com.au/
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ECDAZabBkVU

quite honestly, i am just watching the game and not picking sides - yet. trying to learning how the game is played before I go buy a banner.

who would you recommend?
    anyone but collingwood lol

Cats win opener despite Hawthorn Comeback
    http://www.livenews.com.au/sport/cat...09/3/27/201081
    The season starts well for me!
    But damnâ?¦they almost lost it all in the final qtr!
    Imagine if some of those points were goals! Hawthorn know how to hang in though don't they?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Kugmu Guest
    Round 1 results –

* Carlton 23.12 (150) def. Richmond 9.13 (67)
    * Geelong 15.21 (111) def. Hawthorn 16.7 (103)
    * Adelaide 13.12 (90) def. Collingwood 13.8 (86)
    * Brisbane 14.11 (95) def. West Coast 13.8 (86)
    * St. Kilda 12.8 (80) def. Sydney 9.11 (65)
    * North Melbourne 15.11 (101) def. Melbourne 10.7 (67)
    *Port Adelaide 15.17 (107) def. Essendon 9.12 (66)
    *Western Bulldogs 25.7 (157) def. Fremantle 13.16 (94)

Good start for P, Neil and Me!

mcconk2 Guest

who would you recommend?

the reigning DAY premiers would be a good start

nearly got ya Kugsy....next time champ

thanks all....

ok all...i have a question...please don't bite my head off..like I said I am just getting started in this sport...

what is the difference between aussie rules and rugby? is it name? location?
    i would rather learn from people who are into the sport that just read about it and assume...

Kugmu Guest
    Aussie Rules is more similar to Gaelic Football then to Rugby.
    I tried to find a good youtube that explained things but failed.
    These two wikipedia pages are pretty good - especially the first one.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Australian_rules_football - Rules and History
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Australian_Football_League â?? Lists current teams

Here are the highlights of the â??08 season!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JDW956iq68A

Hope this somehow helps

This will show how old I am -
    Anybody recall these Energizer commercials featuring Jacko Jackson?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-2RSu...eature=related
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PmQhkaw_ypE
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KfDyS...eature=related

This will show how old I am -
    Anybody recall these Energizer commercials featuring Jacko Jackson?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-2RSu...eature=related
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PmQhkaw_ypE
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KfDyS...eature=related
    Not forgetting......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L3h6p...eature=related
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Kugmu Guest
    Gold Coast a Go!

The AFL Commission has officially granted the Gold Coast Football Club a provisional licence to become the competition's 17th team from 2011.
    The licence is conditional on the finalisation of funding commitments and an agreement between the Queensland Government and the Gold Coast City Council on the transfer of land for the stadium as well as a decision by the Federal Government on funding to redevelop the stadium at Carrara.
    AFL chief executive Andrew Demetriou said the AFL had reached agreement with the Queensland Government to contribute $60 million towards the redevelopment of Carrara and to vary the GABBA agreement to allow the Gold Coast Football Club to play home games on the Gold Coast.
    He said the Gold Coast City Council had also resolved to contribute $20 million and to transfer ownership of the land needed for a new AFL stadium at Carrara to the Queensland Government.
    Demetriou praised the work of GC17 and paid tribute to Queensland Premier Anna Bligh for the development which would deliver an estimated 350 construction jobs.
    "It will also contribute more than $34 million in annual economic activity to the region - 92 per cent of which will go to benefit non-AFL businesses such as Gold Coast accommodation providers, retail outlets, transport operators, tourism operators, restaurants and cafes and the various services industry," Demetriou said.
    In a message to the GC17 board, AFL Chairman Mike Fitzpatrick said the decision to award the new licence was not made lightly.
    "It has been made after a long period of investment in Queensland and a rigorous process over the past two years in which the Gold Coast football, business and wider communities have made clear their support for and ability to sustain an AFL team," said Fitzpatrick.
    "It is also a decision that we have made after a rigorous process to validate the business model for a Gold Coast Football Club."
    "We are confident that we grant the licence knowing that you have put in place the foundations to build a strong and sustainable club which will serve well the Gold Coast community."

Link - http://au.sports.yahoo.com/afl/photos/zoom/-/5467421

Bet NSW gets another team in very soon.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Kugmu Guest
    Or could one of the teams in Victoria go away or merge with another?
    16 or 18 teams - an even number.

thanks Kugmu & Neil.....you guys are awesome..

i will read & get back to you....

Kugs, there is a tradition in the clubs to have a person of prominence hold the #1 membership ticket. For Hawthorn it is a guy named Jeff Kennett who was the Premier of Victoria many years ago. Anyway, I saw him interviewed on TV two weeks ago and he said that it would be no suprise if a team from NSW and a team from Queensland were to join the competition very soon. The fan base has grown tremendously since Fitzroy went to Brisbane and became the Lions and South Melbourne went to Sydney and became the Swans. The rugby codes are having a lot of problems with their image with players getting done for drunken behaviour and another being investigated for rape.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

lmao

my 9 yr old son is a footy fanatic and he frequently watches previous match commentary on youtube, anyhow he just went to watch something that was titled AFL funny commentary from round 15 2007 collingwood v's geelong.
    it was one of those silly scary pop-up things, needless to say he shit his pants poor bugger....this is it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KIWHUZOciwU

i have to say it was one of the most hilarious reactions i have ever seen ha ha

i know i'm a mean mummy

Kugmu Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicksmorbidfascination View Post
    lmao...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KIWHUZOciwU
    i have to say it was one of the most hilarious reactions i have ever seen ha ha...
    Thank you for thatâ?¦

Hey - if they put a team in Tasmania would it be called the Tasmanian Devils?

Kugmu Guest
    Round 2 of the 2009 AFL Season!

Friday April 3
    Adelaide vs St Kilda

Saturday April 4
    Collingwood vs Melbourne – Jefe is for C
    Geelong vs Richmond – Kug is for G
    Sydney vs Hawthorn – MC2 & Nic are for H
    Carlton vs Brisbane – Neil is for C

Sunday April 5
    Essendon vs Freemantle
    Western Bulldogs vs North Melbourne – Pan is for NM
    West Coast vs Port Adelaide

Busy day Saturday!

Go Cats!

Thank you for that…

Hey - if they put a team in Tasmania would it be called the Tasmanian Devils?

Kugs, we call Tasmania 'Tassie' for short. Since Tasmania is primarily known for apples, the Tassie devil and David Boon , there is every chance they would be the Tassie Devils. I would put money on it!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]