Thread: Findadeath Merchandise, Thanks Scott!

Findadeath Merchandise, Thanks Scott!

Had to tell everyone. On 3/3 as a birthday present to myself I purchased Sharon's Stone and Lucy's Brick from Scott via the Findadeath.com store.
    Scott personally emailed me to thank me and tell me the product was mailed and today, 3 days accross country it was in my mail.

Thank you Scott. Not only are the items packaged nicely with death certificate copies and a Death Hag sticker. The info slips describing the product is a nice touch. The thank you note was another extra good touch.

The best part however is I was surprised how big the stone and brick pieces are. These are not small fragments that a lesser business man would sell to make a buck but in my opinion are twice the size of what some might think are acceptable.

Pretty cool to hold a piece of Sharon Tate's fireplace stone which was there during the infamous crime.

I can't wait for July 08 to take the tour.

Nice post Cop... good to know if I ever decide to buy merchandise from Scott.

Cop~ I have wanted a piece of that fireplace since first seeing Scott's page! I can't justify it to my non death hag husband! Not that I need his permission or anything... Oh, hell, I'm buying one. Thanks for the motivation.

Wouldn't it be kinda cool to mortar it into a wall or something at home? And you could make a little plaque for it? But then it would have to go to with the house if you sold it and that would suck.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I have a couple of clear plastic display boxes I put mine in at least until I come up with something better. My wife was a little freaked out about the Tate stone but that's the whole point of being a death hag.

PvN73 Guest
    I purchased one as well! I love it, when people see it though they freak out a bit. No wonder they think I am odd!

How good is Scott! I got mine pretty quickly too and i am in Australia!! Scott Rocks!

Belle Guest
    I have a burning desire to know what Scott does with his personal treasure collection. He mentions having everything from actual doors to wall plates and anything else he can snag before it is lost to history.

Now, is it all neatly labeled so that if aliens abduct him, it will all retain its identity and value?

Or is it disorganized and his brain is the only place with the story behind each item that would be "junk" otherwise?

Is it insured? How the hell do you convince the insurance agent that the pile of rubble really was worth $60 a piece or more?

Quote Originally Posted by Belle View Post
    I have a burning desire to know what Scott does with his personal treasure collection. He mentions having everything from actual doors to wall plates and anything else he can snag before it is lost to history.

Now, is it all neatly labeled so that if aliens abduct him, it will all retain its identity and value?

Or is it disorganized and his brain is the only place with the story behind each item that would be "junk" otherwise?

Is it insured? How the hell do you convince the insurance agent that the pile of rubble really was worth $60 a piece or more?
    Just point them to FAD; Belle.

They can read about it all they want...and; we will have some new posters.

Can't wait for my next trip to LA; so that I can take the tour; and I am trying very hard to arrange a business trip to Melbourne.

Surely there is some great new printing and mailing technology that will preview there; rather than in Chicago at Graph Expo next fall.

Point them to FAD, Belle.

Filmmaker78 Guest

Also...

If you have the Dearly Departed Vol. 1 DVD, we tour Scott's place and he gives us a pretty good look at his collection and what it all is.

bulldog0728 Guest
    perfect way to plug your disc filmmaker, i agree, my favorite is the marilyn niche

I ORDERED ONE!!!!! This is how I justified it to my husband:

He said that it was morbid; I countered with we have to remember what has happened. Those people died senselessly and it is our duty to keep their memories alive and by having an artifact, it reminds us daily how fragile life really is. I told him that if I had a bit of the ground that my friend was murdered on I would keep it in a jar on my mantel. It is hallowed.

Some want to forget and erase all memory. I explained how Scott gets pieces of history from buildings that are being torn down and how important that is to our future. We must keep these things fresh in our memories.

As a side note, it is a great conversation piece. And NIN recording a record in front of it is kinda cool, too.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Daphne Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Homicide Cop View Post
    Had to tell everyone. On 3/3 as a birthday present to myself I purchased Sharon's Stone and Lucy's Brick from Scott via the Findadeath.com store.
    Scott personally emailed me to thank me and tell me the product was mailed and today, 3 days accross country it was in my mail.

Thank you Scott. Not only are the items packaged nicely with death certificate copies and a Death Hag sticker. The info slips describing the product is a nice touch. The thank you note was another extra good touch.

The best part however is I was surprised how big the stone and brick pieces are. These are not small fragments that a lesser business man would sell to make a buck but in my opinion are twice the size of what some might think are acceptable.

Pretty cool to hold a piece of Sharon Tate's fireplace stone which was there during the infamous crime.

I can't wait for July 08 to take the tour.
    Now THAT is a birthday present!!

1karenhb Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by ad nauseam View Post
    I ORDERED ONE!!!!! This is how I justified it to my husband:

He said that it was morbid; I countered with we have to remember what has happened. Those people died senselessly and it is our duty to keep their memories alive and by having an artifact, it reminds us daily how fragile life really is. I told him that if I had a bit of the ground that my friend was murdered on I would keep it in a jar on my mantel. It is hallowed.

Some want to forget and erase all memory. I explained how Scott gets pieces of history from buildings that are being torn down and how important that is to our future. We must keep these things fresh in our memories.

As a side note, it is a great conversation piece. And NIN recording a record in front of it is kinda cool, too.
    Way to go !!! I received a piece of Sharon's fireplace when I took Scott's Helter Skelter tour a couple of years ago. I greatly treasure it for the reasons you mentioned.

QueenB Guest
    Me and my mate went on the tour last year and after the fabulous tour Scott gave us fridge magnets. I packed it in my luggage and when I got home to London it had gone! Bloody airport people. I am soo pissed off so will have to do the tour again to get another one !!!!!

D3LIVIĆ?N Guest
    I have wanted a piece of that fireplace for awhile to go next to my brick from the Satriale's restaurant on the Sopranos, I really need to get around to buying that..... might do that now.

Misslr Guest

Bought from find a death

Just wondered if any of you have bought from the store , I have a piece of Sharon Tates fireplace

Misslr Guest
    It's my favourite piece my husband says it ghoulish i told him , I'm a dedicated death hag , and made him get me some sand from death valley when he went on a business trip

I got my package of goodies from Scott's store yesterday! I got a piece of Sharon Tate's fireplace (I figured I'd get one while you could still get them), which included her death certificate _and_ a book of matches from El Coyote! Awesome stuff! Also, got a bunch of the hotel key chains, which I plan to set up as part of a display in my new house, maybe with some old antique keys on them. I got a signed Death Hag sticker as a bonus. The whole package came fast and exceeded expectations. Thank you, Scott, and your Findadeath compadres who put it all together!

pleasure! Thank you!
    Hero Worship - They Deserve it. I preserve it.

Yarb Guest
    Hey Scott! I received my Sharon's stone in the mail a few days ago and am super excited to have it! I've been putting off buying it for awhile now -- and by "putting off" I mean listening to my wife tell me it was morbid and creepy and that I couldn't get it. I finally decided that missing an opportunity to own something so rare and historically significant was something I didn't want to live with for the rest of my life so here I am lol. This is officially going in my display case directly beside my other favorite piece, a slightly charred clay vase that my grandfather picked up when his Army unit was surveying Hiroshima in late '45.

Thanks for the stone and much respect for what you do.

I'm glad you guys get this stuff, and that it's gone to a good home.
    Hero Worship - They Deserve it. I preserve it.

Trying to purchase item offered in "shop" previously

The Tate/LaBianca death certificate package. Was offered on Dearly Departed Tours Facebook page for $25 a few months ago. Now I can't find it anywhere. Is it still available? If so, I am very interested! Thanks in advance!