Page 1 of 28 12310 ... LastLast

Thread: Patrick Swayze

PlumCrazyPurple Guest

Patrick Swayze

There is what I hope to be a rumor going around that he has been diagnosed with pancreatic cancer and has only 5 weeks to live.

I loved Black Dog and Too Wong Foo!
    Last edited by PlumCrazyPurple; 03-05-2008 at 07:03 AM. Reason: spelling

smellslikealmonds Guest
    NO!!!
    Not Johnny Castle.

lisalouver Guest
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Patrick_Swayze

Wiki states that todays National Enquirer is reporting this. It is in the first paragraph.

lisalouver Guest
    Here is the link to the story from the Enquirer

http://www.nationalenquirer.com/patr...elebrity/64581

PlumCrazyPurple Guest
    We all know hoe reliable The Enquirer is lol! But apparently it was reported on a radio station in NYC and one in Tenn. I would hope they didn't use The Enquirer as their source!

lisalouver Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by PlumCrazyPurple View Post
    We all know hoe reliable The Enquirer is lol! But apparently it was reported on a radio station in NYC and one in Tenn. I would hope they didn't use The Enquirer as their source!
    I know about the Enquirer, but usually at least some of their shit is in part true. I think if he does not have cancer, he can sue them, so there might be partial truths in it.

Sad, if any of it is true.

Pancreatic cancer is a killer and a swift one. Painful too.

PlumCrazyPurple Guest
    Sorry Lisa I came across as a smartass to your response and I didn't intend too!

Snoopy Guest
    Wow he's so young too! If it's true Pancreatic Cancer is a bad one..slim chance of survival! That's the type Michael Landon had wasn't it?

Morbid1 Guest
    Wow..

I hope that its just rumors..

-Morbid1

lisalouver Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by PlumCrazyPurple View Post
    Sorry Lisa I came across as a smartass to your response and I didn't intend too!
    That's ok, I don't mind

lisalouver Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Snoopy View Post
    Wow he's so young too! If it's true Pancreatic Cancer is a bad one..slim chance of survival! That's the type Michael Landon had wasn't it?
    It is what Michale Landon had. I just revived his thread after hearing this!

Guest Guest
    Very sad news! I'm not saying the enquier gets things wrong but I really hope this one turns out to be nonsense!

Danny62 Guest
    I bet its true...can you imagine the lawsuit they would be hit with if they didn't cofirm it first!

Snoopy Guest
    I was thinking the same thing Danny..they would sure be opening themselves up for a mighty suit!

deathhagcutie Guest
    too wong foo and blackdog?....what crap..dirty dancing and road house!

leevancleef Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Danny62 View Post
    I bet its true...can you imagine the lawsuit they would be hit with if they didn't cofirm it first!
    yep, thats what i was thinking....Very sad news.

No link here just gossip. If he is still alive then isn't this thread in the wrong place?
    I am a sick puppy....woof woof!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Carping the living shit out of the Diem. - Me!!
    http://www.pinterest.com/neilmpenny

Twobeatlesleft Guest
    Even though I think PS is a jerk, I hope this rumor is untrue.

Snudgie Guest
    I just read about this on Digital Spy...........really really hope it's just a rumour!!

Patrick is fabulous!

knothere Guest
    the outsiders roadhouse dirty dancing n red dawn(kids win the war)

Quote Originally Posted by neilmpenny View Post
    No link here just gossip. If he is still alive then isn't this thread in the wrong place?
    only for 5 weeks.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

For the next 5 weeks it is.

ahh, much better.
    Last edited by Jason; 03-05-2008 at 08:40 AM.

Jenny Mulhenny Guest
    I hope this is not true.

TheMysterian Guest
    I hope it's not true,he is one hell of an actor,I wish him and his family the best!

Quote Originally Posted by Finnegan View Post
    only for 5 weeks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason View Post
    For the next 5 weeks it is.
    jinx!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Nobody puts Swayze in the tabloids.

Quote Originally Posted by Finnegan View Post
    jinx!
    must have been that banana I ate this morning.
    Last edited by Jason; 03-05-2008 at 09:06 AM.

Cathy J. Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by lisalouver View Post
    Here is the link to the story from the Enquirer

http://www.nationalenquirer.com/patr...elebrity/64581
    Sadly I think their is true. Also it would not surprise me if it was Swayze himself ( or his wife ) who told the Enquier directly what is going on.

After all some celebrities actually do support the Enquier. When Ann Jillian had her cancer bout I remember watching on TV an interview with her and she admiited talked directly to the National Enquier. As she is "..The National Enquier is tops..I have no problem with them".

cynnbox Guest
    i dig your picture Jason....

on PS, I hope this isnt true. He is a great actor.

I LOVE him in Dirty Dancing.

Quote Originally Posted by Cathy J. View Post
    After all some celebrities actually do support the Enquier.
    or they wanna beat the press to it and cash in on the information.

Quote Originally Posted by cynnbox View Post
    i dig your picture Jason....
    Thank You Cynn.

cynnbox Guest

Thank You Cynn.

welcome!

Snoopy Guest
    Nobody puts Swayze in the tabloids.

must have been that banana I ate this morning.
    Ha .....Good one..I caught that! Nobody puts Swayze in the tabloids!

It seems a bit insensitive to have this thread in the "Entertainment" section... "Swayze's dying... what fun!!!"

thanks Snoopy, I laughed at it.

TrueBlueAngel Guest
    I hope not. He was one sexy man in Dirty Dancing!

stressfreester Guest
    My first post
    I feel bad for him and his family. I read an article about Steve Jobs having a rare form of treatable cancer and actually postponed surgery for a long time to treat using alternative treatments. It's unfortunate the Patrick doesn't have the same.

Cherry Malotte Guest
    I seem to remember something a few months back about his being ill...but The Big C wasn't exactly mentioned.

Seems to be true.

lisalouver Guest
    I placed the link to the enquirers story in the first few posts.

Mrs. Watson Guest
    I can't count how many times I've watched the ultra cheesy yet oh so loveable Dirty Dancing.

And who could forget his SNL skit at the Chippendale Dancer audition with Chris Farley?

I wish him godspeed. Pancreatic cancer is horrific.

Cherry Malotte Guest
    I've been snooping around the net and it's all over the imdb boards and they are linking to articles at Brit news sites, though I don't know how reputable they are.

Can you tell I'm having a slow work day?

leevancleef Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. Watson View Post
    I can't count how many times I've watched the ultra cheesy yet oh so loveable Dirty Dancing.

I hear you dear!! DD is one of my guilty pleasures actually id watch it again tonight if i came across it on tv

slinky Guest
    Oh my god, I really hope this isn't true

Poor bloke if it's true.

The Outsiders was awesome.

Jaxxx Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by W Axl Rose View Post
    Poor bloke if it's true.

The Outsiders was awesome.
    I agree, (who is that in your avatar?)

Pryncis Guest
    In the interview section of the 20th anniversary edition of the Dirty Dancing DVD, he looked very thin. I even made a remark to my father that I hoped he wasn't sick. It was last summer sometime that we watched it as it was released sometime in 2007.

My mother fought with pancreatic and liver cancer for a year and a half and it wasn't even caught early. She was diagnosed with stage 4 if I am not mistaken. She was a beautiful lady who weighed 130-140lbs when diagnosed and when she died she probably didn't even weigh 80lbs. The last month of her life she was put on a liquid diet and basically just wasted away.

I wouldn't wish cancer on my worst enemy, but this type of cancer is particularly horrible. I certainly hope this news isn't true. Hearing this just breaks my heart. It's like a piece of my childhood will soon be gone...

Ron Burgundy Guest
    The cast of Roadhouse isn't doing too well lately. First Jeff Healey, now Patrick Swayze. Sam Elliot, Ben Gazzara.....stay low.

Due to Patrick's unfortunate illness, I understand they have hastily thrown together a script for Ghost 2. Below is a brief snippet of what we might expect:

Last edited by Ron Burgundy; 03-05-2008 at 01:33 PM.

Cherry Malotte Guest
    I'm so sorry about your mom Pryncis...cancer is a nasty business indeed.

Boy, this is all over the net now. Maybe he's a bit 'farther along' than five weeks and that's why the news is getting out?

NOVSTORM Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Snoopy View Post

My sister made it only 6 weeks after being diagnosed.
    I love Patrick and all of his movies. His brother looks like him but is rather homely. I hope this isn't true

NOVSTORM Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Twobeatlesleft View Post
    Even though I think PS is a jerk, I hope this rumor is untrue.
    wow I never heard anything about him being a jerk..did you have a bad experience with him???

Quote Originally Posted by soundqcar View Post
    The cast of Roadhouse isn't doing too well lately. First Jeff Healey, now Patrick Swayze. Sam Elliot, Ben Gazzara.....stay low.

Due to Patrick's unfortunate illness, I understand they have hastily thrown together a script for Ghost 2. Below is a brief snippet of what we might expect:

I said the exact same thing to my co-worker this morning! Sam Elliott better watch out!
    For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord. Romans 8:38-39

Snoopy Guest
    What's going on with Sam Elliott? He was my mom's all time favorite!

You know, he was/is great in all his movies, but I truly think he makes a better looking woman (To Wong Foo) than man. *ducks for cover*
    For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord. Romans 8:38-39