Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tours Gone Wrong

No new stories that I can think of right now. The tour has evolved quite a bit since it's launch. Probably about 40% different. We're currently putting together a sequel tour - DD2. Between the two - and the Helter Skelter Tour - we should hopefully satisfy most morbid curiosities!

I'll keep my thinking hat on, regarding Tour Tales
    Hero Worship - They Deserve it. I preserve it.

Thank you!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Michaels View Post
    No new stories that I can think of right now. The tour has evolved quite a bit since it's launch. Probably about 40% different. We're currently putting together a sequel tour - DD2. Between the two - and the Helter Skelter Tour - we should hopefully satisfy most morbid curiosities!

The good thing about your business is that there are always new, salacious things that happen in LA. Murders, drug overdoses, heart attacks and tragic illnesses. My bet is thiry years from now you will be offering a week-long, all-inclusive Dearly Departed Tour. If I am still alive then, I will be one of the first ones to sign up!
    Any day above ground is a good day.

Jack-O-Lantern Guest
    Finally went on the Helter Skelter tour with Scott earlier this month (we'd done the Dearly Departed tour a couple of years ago). So my Dearly Departed bucket list is now fulfilled and complete.

Wonderful tour by the way, we had a great time, and of course the subject matter--what could be more interesting? Also a great way to tour the canyons (Benedict, Laurel, Coldwater) of the Hollywood hills.

Had lunch at El Coyote (GREAT margaritas!) directly after the tour, then headed for Hollywood Forever cemetery.

A GREAT day!! Thanks Scott, you were awesome as usual!

Birthplace of the Rocky Horror Picture Show
    you know, every day i wake up wishing some famous person or people would cark it here in new zealand, make it really gory and disgusting, and make them real famous, like michael jackson famous and then they cark it here, and then scott would have a super reason to fly down to nz so he can meet all us kiwi death hags lol

failing that, im saving to come to LA to do a tour and shake scotts hand
    I love you and miss you dad, Antun Perdija 27-06-41 - 28-12-00
    RIP Daniel Colvin 5 June 1974 - 7 June 2011, Best Friend, lover, fiancee

RIP David Edgar, 2 Dec 1953 - 10 June 2011, Uncle
    RIP Agnes Steele Edgar, 17 May 1926 - 4 July 2011, Grandmother

Rudy's Girl Guest
    I so want to take Scott's tour! Taking his tour and then roaming around the cemeteries checking out the celeb graves sounds like heaven.

1karenhb Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudy's Girl View Post
    I so want to take Scott's tour! Taking his tour and then roaming around the cemeteries checking out the celeb graves sounds like heaven.
    It is!

Scatter Guest
    My wife Nancy and I have taken the tour three times now, and when we visit next year we're going again (this time probably on the Helter Skelter tour........and BTW, get the "Six Degrees Of Helter Skelter" DVD Scott produced. It's amazing!).

We had a freaking blast each time we took the tour.We actually saw Bob Barker once out walking his dog on the tour (Holy CRAP he's old!!). I've got a pic somewhere....when I find it I'll post it. Scott was a helluva lot of fun, and he changed things up a bit each time. Last time we took the tour we got a call from Scott asking us to come back AGAIN and do the tour as his guests while the TV show "Hollywood Heat" was producing a segment on him. Here it is........Nancy and I are being interviewed in the segment. The producers asked us to "play it up" a bit, and Nancy readily complied.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L6InIf-ezBc

BTW, we made a bit of TV history too, because that was the last segment of the last episode of "Hollywood Heat". Thanks for making us a part of Hollywood TV history trivia Scott!

Scott was unbelievable........navigating through traffic hell, joking, tossing out ghoulish trivia, answering questions, etc. Can't say we ever saw him dismissive or irritated. Maybe it was just being pressed for time on that particular tour, because not everyone got there on time?? Certainly, we never experienced anything along those lines, and we've gone on multiple tours.

If anyone here HAS the chance to go, DON'T MISS IT! Scott, we'll see you in 2012 buddy.
    Last edited by Scatter; 06-12-2011 at 08:47 AM.

DonnaMc Guest
    Trying to get there this summer.

RaRaRamona Guest
    How did I miss this thread the first time around? Love it. Scatter, your wife is a total babe.

Scatter Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by RaRaRamona View Post
    How did I miss this thread the first time around? Love it. Scatter, your wife is a total babe.
    Oh yeah........

pixiepereira Guest

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Scatter View Post
    My wife Nancy and I have taken the tour three times now, and when we visit next year we're going again (this time probably on the Helter Skelter tour........and BTW, get the "Six Degrees Of Helter Skelter" DVD Scott produced. It's amazing!).

We had a freaking blast each time we took the tour.We actually saw Bob Barker once out walking his dog on the tour (Holy CRAP he's old!!). I've got a pic somewhere....when I find it I'll post it. Scott was a helluva lot of fun, and he changed things up a bit each time. Last time we took the tour we got a call from Scott asking us to come back AGAIN and do the tour as his guests while the TV show "Hollywood Heat" was producing a segment on him. Here it is........Nancy and I are being interviewed in the segment. The producers asked us to "play it up" a bit, and Nancy readily complied.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L6InIf-ezBc

BTW, we made a bit of TV history too, because that was the last segment of the last episode of "Hollywood Heat". Thanks for making us a part of Hollywood TV history trivia Scott!

Scott was unbelievable........navigating through traffic hell, joking, tossing out ghoulish trivia, answering questions, etc. Can't say we ever saw him dismissive or irritated. Maybe it was just being pressed for time on that particular tour, because not everyone got there on time?? Certainly, we never experienced anything along those lines, and we've gone on multiple tours.

If anyone here HAS the chance to go, DON'T MISS IT! Scott, we'll see you in 2012 buddy.

Thank you Scatter!! Loved it!!

intothelight Guest
    I so want to go on one of Scott's tours!!

Scatter Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by pixiepereira View Post
    Thank you Scatter!! Loved it!!
    When did you go?? DETAILS!!

jimba Guest
    Looks like a lot of fun

Scott hate to bother you but I was just curious about something. Did you train Alison Arngrim to do her tour or did she just go on your tour alot to learn what you do?
    That would actually be an answer to if anyone famous has ever taken your tour.
    When you lose a parent you lose your past. When you lose a spouse you lose your present. When you lose a child you lose your future.
    R.I.P Kim: http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg...336317&df=all&
    R.I.P Dad http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg...&GRid=93315851
    R.I.P Mom http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg...&GRid=97780420

Quote Originally Posted by Jerseysucks View Post
    Scott hate to bother you but I was just curious about something. Did you train Alison Arngrim to do her tour or did she just go on your tour alot to learn what you do?
    That would actually be an answer to if anyone famous has ever taken your tour.
    Alison did her own tour with us. Richard Sebastian, one of my two guides, is a friend of hers. They collaborated.

In reading the title to this thread of Tours Gone Wrong (I hope I word this right because I get a little befuddled talking to celebs). Living in NJ the only news we really get about the left coast is earthquakes or the Kardashians. We do however hear occasionally of whack jobs who stand in the middle of the street a few months ago shooting at random cars, other shootings so you must be very mindful of news and traffic reports in case you have to change the path of the tour. I know I would love to take your tour one day Cali has always been on my list of places I want to go. I remember my first post years ago about how my daughters wish was for me to drive her and my family to Cali after her cancer treatments. I caught holy shit for that because everybody who goes thru cancer gets a wish granted to them before they're 18 as sort of a reward for what they had to live thru. People didn't understand that all children no matter what get the wish. Unfortunately she didn't make it and died in '09 but one day in her honor I will drive cross country and take your tour.
    When you lose a parent you lose your past. When you lose a spouse you lose your present. When you lose a child you lose your future.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerseysucks View Post
    In reading the title to this thread of Tours Gone Wrong (I hope I word this right because I get a little befuddled talking to celebs). Living in NJ the only news we really get about the left coast is earthquakes or the Kardashians. We do however hear occasionally of whack jobs who stand in the middle of the street a few months ago shooting at random cars, other shootings so you must be very mindful of news and traffic reports in case you have to change the path of the tour. I know I would love to take your tour one day Cali has always been on my list of places I want to go. I remember my first post years ago about how my daughters wish was for me to drive her and my family to Cali after her cancer treatments. I caught holy shit for that because everybody who goes thru cancer gets a wish granted to them before they're 18 as sort of a reward for what they had to live thru. People didn't understand that all children no matter what get the wish. Unfortunately she didn't make it and died in '09 but one day in her honor I will drive cross country and take your tour.
    I am so sorry your daughter wasn't able to take the tour. If you listen to my most recent podcast with Jim Tipton of Findagrave, we were talking about people who've had brushes with death being more interested and light hearted when it came to death. Like they've had a peek in, and aren't so freaked out at the idea. I get a lot of emails from people like that, and occasional customers with issues like that. It's something else, and it makes me feel kind of good. Like I'm providing some sort of therapeutic experience... I guess.

I really envy those people who are lighthearted about death after they've had their own close to death experiences.
    Me I almost died from cancer in '02 but all it made me do was make me harder. People find I'm not as easy to shit on like I used to be now if they push my buttons I let them know about it and I push back.
    I'll be very honest with you Scott as someone who's been a cancer patient, when you get that call from the Dr and they say they found something wrong but they need more tests. The very first thing you think of is get out the travel brochures. It's not about your spouse, it's not about anybody because you give of yourself full time to them, you think of you. It used to be every year they had a cancer survivors picnic and every one of them the minute they heard broke out the brochures and went on vacation. I never had a chance to do mine (gold panning in AK) it would have been in the dead of winter and I was so far advanced I would have come back in the baggage compartment.
    Last edited by Jerseysucks; 04-06-2012 at 02:22 PM.

DonnaMc Guest
    Can someone help me with the addrress to send for a bumper sticker? I think I remembered him changing it. thsnk you!

Findadeath.com
    5419 Hollywood Blvd. #404
    Hollywood, CA 90027

DonnaMc Guest
    Thank you Scott!

DonnaMc Guest
    Scott, just in case you are drawing names for someone to come to California for the tour, please put my anne in it! Iy s dream I have that wouldn't be possible!

rjbrasher Guest
    how much for a bumber sticker? I just got my car out of the shop and im ready to doll it up with some death

theyre free - scroll down on the title page www.findadeath.com for instructions

harlequin_clown Guest
    My husband and I are planning to take that tour (well I am, he just doesn't know it yet!) we're coming down to L.A. so I can have a tubal ligation reversal, it would be nice to squeeze that in before I go get unfixed .... if you will ......

Bbeelzebub Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott Michaels View Post

zOMG! Can't wait.

(Side note: I've been on two tours with you and I don't recall you selling any merchandise after the tour. Maybe you did and I was broke, either way, if you don't... you should be! I can picture a great assortment of custom death hag t-shirts with clever sayings and morbid graphics going at a premium.)

YuukaK Guest
    Hey Scott, I was just wondering something. Did Anthony Bourdain do the whole tour or was it just a little promo drive for his show?

We were on the shoot for about an hour and a half. We stayed concentrated in Hollywood, doing about 1/4 of the entire tour.

YuukaK Guest
    Well that sucks! He should've done the whole thing!

32. 11-01-2017, 04:38 PM

33. 11-01-2017, 04:41 PM

34. 11-01-2017, 04:44 PM

35. 11-01-2017, 04:44 PM

36. 11-01-2017, 04:45 PM

37. 01-24-2019, 01:53 AM