Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123411 ... LastLast

Thread: Bill Cosby

ceege Guest
    So am I. When she talked about how he was growing up, I was shocked because it sure didn't fit the public personna. This was pre any accusations being made against him. At the time, I figured she was just a case of sour grapes.

When the first accusation was made, I immediately thought of her and what she had said about him.

sassie Guest
    I used to wait tables at Harrah's Lake Tahoe and the Cal Neva Lodge, and Cos was a headliner at Harrah's every so often. One night, in winter, when I left work, it was about 2:00 a.m., and my car (a Volkswagen Beetle) died when I had halfway backed out of the parking slot. The pavement was covered in ice, it was freezing cold and snowing (winters at the Lake ain't no joke), and I was trying to push the car back into the slot when "HONK! HONK! HONK!"-there sat Cos in a Bentley or a Rolls Royce (not sure which) waiting for me to move my car out of his way so he could proceed up the parking lot aisle.

So, I shoved and pushed-hard to get traction on the ice-and then one of the guys I worked with came out to leave himself, saw what was going on, and helped me. BC just sat there in his fancy car and glared at us the entire time-like how dare we lowly peons impede his progress.

That was before the Cosby Show, about 1978-1979. I never watched the show, don't plan to, and will forever boycott anything to do with BC. I also never thought he was all that funny.

I always wondered, if I had been a black girl instead of white, if would he have hauled his rich ass out from behind the steering wheel and given me a hand. It was a VW, for cripes sake-would have taken him half a minute and not all that much effort.

I did feel bad when Ennis died, though. That was tragic.

Not an excuse for lack of human decency...

but most young guys are "horn dogs", as it were.

Some of us see a bigger picture as we age, some do not.

msmojorisin84 Guest
    I do love puddin' pops. He came in handy for that at least!

sheri Guest
    I feel bad for their loss of Ennis.

That said, I hate his arrogant, bigoted, I'm better than you attitude hes had going on for the last several years, if not decades. He probably never parented his own kids, just handed them off to nannies and such. So, if that's the case, then he wouldn't know the first thing to be spouting off about what's wrong with America today.

It isn't just 'black America' that has out of wedlock babies, careers on Welfare or whatever other public assistance is available, etc. It's across the board - white, black, Hispanic, etc. So, when he makes that rant and everything else along with it, it just sounds so racist to me, and I'm just plain old vanilla white.

Quote Originally Posted by sheri View Post

That said, I hate his arrogant, bigoted, I'm better than you attitude hes had going on for the last several years, if not decades. He probably never parented his own kids, just handed them off to nannies and such. So, if that's the case, then he wouldn't know the first thing to be spouting off about what's wrong with America today.

It isn't just 'black America' that has out of wedlock babies, careers on Welfare or whatever other public assistance is available, etc. It's across the board - white, black, Hispanic, etc. So, when he makes that rant and everything else along with it, it just sounds so racist to me, and I'm just plain old vanilla white.
    He's saying things to try and help his brothers and sisters. I can't believe I'm gonna say this, but do you ever watch Maury Povich? There are guys on there who have 10 kids by eight different women. You'll see three women about the same age (21ish) on ONE show trying to prove that ONE lone guy fathered all of them, which doesn't seem to be uncommon. The guy has paid fo Sure every race has babies out of wedlock, but read this:

Forty years ago, a government report on the state of the black family in America warned that almost one out of four black children were born to unmarried mothers. Recent figures suggest that now, almost 70 percent of black children are born out of wedlock.

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/s...toryId=4865449

I'm

sheri Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by NeonCandy View Post
    He's saying things to try and help his brothers and sisters. I can't believe I'm gonna say this, but do you ever watch Maury Povich? There are guys on there who have 10 kids by eight different women. You'll see three women about the same age (21ish) on ONE show trying to prove that ONE lone guy fathered all of them, which doesn't seem to be uncommon. The guy has paid fo Sure every race has babies out of wedlock, but read this:

Forty years ago, a government report on the state of the black family in America warned that almost one out of four black children were born to unmarried mothers. Recent figures suggest that now, almost 70 percent of black children are born out of wedlock.

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/s...toryId=4865449

I'm
    Yes, I have watched Maury Povich, and I am tired of these 'kids' NOT keeping their pants on. BC isn't saying crap to help anyone. Babies born out of wedlock, being on public aid forever and a day, etc are not things that are unique only to 'black America.' Just that it seems that the percentages of these events happening are to more blacks than any other racial group. BC seems to think he has all the answers to help solve the ills of society, but he doesn't seem to be putting those words in to action. In other words, he talks the talk, but wont walk the walk.

MorbidMolly Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by KELT View Post
    I don't care for him. I also believe COSBY to be a racist.
    Nuff said......

I loved the Cosby Show, which showed a black family in ordinary ways - without using sterotypes. This is the only thing I know BC for really.

Kids born to lone mothers is not just a problem in the USA. Here is Britain a lot of children are born to lone mothers - young girls who have no real experience of parenting. The thing they all have in common is disavantaged backgrounds. They haven't had the chances for a good education and therefore they miss out on the better paid jobs. It has nothing to do with race IMO.

I am posting this as a general comment - not all lone mothers fit the above category!!!

Hag1 Guest
    I am probably one of the few on here that likes Bill Cosby. What's wrong with him wanting members of his own race to strive for greatness? I don't believe he is racist, I believe he should be a role model to all. Good parenting needs to be practiced by all races.
    here is his speech at the NAACP
    http://www.americanrhetoric.com/spee...cakespeech.htm

"it's not what's being done to us, it's what we're not doing" Bill Cosby

Yes, I have watched Maury Povich, and I am tired of these 'kids' NOT keeping their pants on. BC isn't saying crap to help anyone. Babies born out of wedlock, being on public aid forever and a day, etc are not things that are unique only to 'black America.' Just that it seems that the percentages of these events happening are to more blacks than any other racial group. BC seems to think he has all the answers to help solve the ills of society, but he doesn't seem to be putting those words in to action. In other words, he talks the talk, but wont walk the walk.

Yes, but SEVENTY PERCENT (70%) of black children are born out of wedlock. THAT is serious.

Hag1 Guest
    ---and a 50% dropout rate

Misha Guest

Why is this necessary?

So I was looking up information on the murder of Bill Cosby's son, Ennis today, and I was just astounded to see someone (I guess he or she is in charge of *this* site) be so callous in their description of his death.

It wasn't callous toward the victim, but of the victim's father, Bill. Why is it necessary to report the tragedy and even mention how you "can't stand" Bill Cosby?

I just found that particular "description" disturbing because it's so heartless towards the victim's own father, and someone who quite possibly might view it.

I guess I shouldn't expect people to have class, or respect....

Misha

STsFirstmate Guest

I think I have said on other threads here that we are big tennis fans. Bill Cosby was very active at the Billy Jean King Tennis Center where the US Open is held here in NY. He is heavily involved with the Author Ashe Foundation and the USTA to encourage an interest in tennis among minority youngsters. He has not been around as much the last couple years and he looked frail the last time we saw him but all I can say is he put his time where his mouth was and mentored young people involved in the program.
    I heard him telling some young minority and nonminority junior tennis league players about how hard it was for Arthur Ashe to even get access somewhere to practise. Author's Dad worked for the park department in Gerogia and while Author was not allowed as a black youngster to play on the courts during the day his Dad would recruit friends to park their cars along the courtside and turn on their headlights so that he could practice at night. I never heard him talk trash to these kids he just told them they were standing on someone's shoulders to be able to do what they were doing. Other's had ate a peck of dirt to make the road for them. He just wanted to them to keep moving to make it better still for those coming after them.
    He might have been a complete jerk as a husband and parent, I don't know but I have seen him first hand touch the lives of young people for the better.
    Watch a few old I-Spys through today's eyes. They are on the American Life Cable Channel. Think about the fact that his role was marked by Black Americans and journalists everywhere at the time as being ground breaking. A black man starring in a series with a white man. Then watch a few of the shows, he is the training and equipemnt handler for Robert Culp the playboy tennis player. He is defferential and polite and a half step behind the white guest stars in the plots carrying the bags of equipment between the action to save the US from the Russians. How that must have chaffed at him yet he remains close friends with Robert Culp today.
    A young black man age 18 in a town near us was killed a week ago in a drive by because he was wearing a red T-shirt and someone thought he was from a rival gang. He was just a kid in a red T-shirt heading home from the movies on foot. No gang affiliation, no arrest record just a average kid. Black on black violence is enornously destructive and I listen to people I respect like Corey Booker the Mayor of Newark talking about how difficult it is to parent and protect your children in different parts of the city.
    I don't know what the solution is and worse I don't think anything I do in my life right now has a positive impact for change on any of it. Something has to break the cycle that has destroyed so many black families and the senseless violence.
    I think that provoking voices from within the community has its place. If nothing else it gets people discussing it.
    Sorry for the long ramble I hope I didn't offend anyone.
    Regards,
    Mary

Quote Originally Posted by Misha View Post
    So I was looking up information on the murder of Bill Cosby's son, Ennis today, and I was just astounded to see someone (I guess he or she is in charge of *this* site) be so callous in their description of his death.

It wasn't callous toward the victim, but of the victim's father, Bill. Why is it necessary to report the tragedy and even mention how you "can't stand" Bill Cosby?

I just found that particular "description" disturbing because it's so heartless towards the victim's own father, and someone who quite possibly might view it.

I guess I shouldn't expect people to have class, or respect....

Misha
    What site was it?
    A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another.

Quote Originally Posted by Hag1 View Post
    I am probably one of the few on here that likes Bill Cosby. What's wrong with him wanting members of his own race to strive for greatness? I don't believe he is racist, I believe he should be a role model to all. Good parenting needs to be practiced by all races.
    here is his speech at the NAACP
    http://www.americanrhetoric.com/spee...cakespeech.htm

"it's not what's being done to us, it's what we're not doing" Bill Cosby
    I love your perspective. Bill Cosby is still a great man in my book.

Bidmor Guest
    Cosby did blue comedy for a while, then I assume he discovered that clean material would sell more. His filmed stage show "Bill Cosby Himself" still cracks me up. As for the women who've claimed he molested them, as memory serves they started popping up around the time he began pontificating about blacks in America, which was 180 degrees from the theme of national black "leaders". The timing of the two events makes me suspicious of the women's claims against Cos. It smacks of a smear campaign to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghoulie Girl View Post
    I remember when his son was murdered. That was really unbelievable.
    I think that's when he lost his funny bone, which is a shame.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Here one day, Gone one night, Gone too soon...
    Missing you forever...

Danny62 Guest
    Never cared for Bill Cosby I think he threw his race around once to often to try to benefit himself!

Bill Cosby is still very much alive, despite the rumors circulating on Twitter.

The Internet rumor that the actor had died was a trending topic Monday on the microblogging site.

The 73-year-old comedian called CNN's "Larry King Live" Monday night to confirm that he is, in fact, still alive after friends and his daughter became concerned.

"My daughter called the house. ... She said, 'Dad, people are calling me. Are you all right?'" he said.

Cosby said someone has wrongly posted before of his demise and that fake news of his death needs to stop.

Cosby also went to Twitter to set the record straight. "Again, I'm rebuttaling rumors about my demise. But, I'm confirming I have an app," he wrote before linking to an iPhone application featuring clips of his comedy performances.

About two hours after that tweet, he wrote, "Emotional friends have called about this misinformation. To the people behind the foolishness, I’m not sure you see how upsetting this is."
    http://www.thebostonchannel.com/news...19/detail.html
    I shall die, but that is all that I shall do for Death; I am not on his pay-roll.

Edna St. Vincent Millay

Bill Cosby accused of sexual assaulting, drugging woman

According to shocking claims, comic legend Bill Cosby was a manipulative abuser who drugged and sexually assaulted more than a dozen young women.

The 77-year-old has been dogged by accusations of sex assault for more than 20 years.

http://www.news.com.au/entertainment...-1227105798748
    I am a sick puppy....woof woof!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Carping the living shit out of the Diem. - Me!!
    http://www.pinterest.com/neilmpenny

It seems the more the www grows the more we find out how many celebrities have skeletons in their closet. If its true it is sad. His comedy albums back in the day were funny.
    Stay in Drugs. Eat your School. Don't do Vegetables.

Seagorath Guest
    Way to go Bill! (just kidding, folks)

Seriously, the media and the internet love to brand EVERY MAN with sex abuse claims these days. It's EASY to brand somebody as a pervert. Paula Poundstone was even branded as a pervert once. I never believed it.

HERE'S A HARMLESS EXAMPLE (not to be taken seriously) ----> Hey Everybody! Scott Michaels is a child molesting pervert who REALLY loves, loves, loves the taste of young boys!!! Ya see? If I go around the web and stamp that everywhere...it becomes fact in the eyes of many. That's how dim the large majority of internet "readers" are this day and age. Don't believe what you read, folks. Just believe what's in your heart.

Someday, you will be reading about Midas Wilder (aka Seagorath) and people making claims about me. Will it be true? Maybe. Maybe not. More than likely...PROBABLY NOT based on the current state of affairs of our international media.

StewartGilliganGriffin Guest
    I think that story is obviously a joke. I mean Bill Cosby drugging and assaulting women? Doesn't every stand up comedian in America do that bit?

I don't know if Paula Poundstone is a pervert but something is up with her. Seriously.

Bidmor Guest
    I wonder if these accusations have anything to do with Cosby's comments and criticisms of young black culture in America. Those criticisms have been 180 degrees from what we always hear from Jesse Jackson, Al Sharpton, et al.

I'm sure. He's been seriously criticized because of it.
    I am the king of all things stupid!

Quote Originally Posted by cleanskull View Post
    It seems the more the www grows the more we find out how many celebrities have skeletons in their closet. If its true it is sad. His comedy albums back in the day were funny.
    I think so too.

My favorite of his was his original HBO special back in the 80's.

Quote Originally Posted by Bidmor View Post
    I wonder if these accusations have anything to do with Cosby's comments and criticisms of young black culture in America. Those criticisms have been 180 degrees from what we always hear from Jesse Jackson, Al Sharpton, et al.
    You read my mind.

Mammy Guest
    That's exactly what I think, sour grapes from a bunch of butt hurt people who don't like what he has to say. He must have hit too close to someone's nerves.

Bidmor Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Mammy View Post
    That's exactly what I think, sour grapes from a bunch of butt hurt people who don't like what he has to say. He must have hit too close to someone's nerves.
    Yep, Cos has stepped out of line for a highly successful black entertainer. He's worked for it and has the gall to point out to black youth to rely on themselves, get an education, behave decently, and stop being a victim. That's a slap in the face to the Jackson and Sharpton crowd and I suspect they don't like it.

Yep, Cos has stepped out of line for a highly successful black entertainer. He's worked for it and has the gall to point out to black youth to rely on themselves, get an education, behave decently, and stop being a victim. That's a slap in the face to the Jackson and Sharpton crowd and I suspect they don't like it.
    Cosby is on point. ON POINT ON POINT ON POINT. Did I mention I agree with him?

I'm so sick of Sharpton, Jackson, etc. making EVERYTHING about race. While I didn't agree with the Trayvon Martin verdict, I still think they need to keep their damn no good ass noses out of the media and cases like that. It's like they encourage ignorance. They make it worse. They do nothing to help. I imagine MLK is rolling over in his cement crypt at a rapid rate.

Ok so one of the whores, er I mean "victims" has decided to pen an op-ed about Cosby. Take a look. Point of order maam.... umm.... if you were raped and assaulted as you claim why did you go back several times for more? Seems to me if she were raped and kept going back for more she enjoyed being raped.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/tv/news/bil...ime/ar-BBdAciM

Well, It wasn't Rape rape you know.--------Whoopi Goldberg

Seagorath Guest
    I wonder if he made those chocolate pudding faces when he was corn-holing those drugged out white women...

I think it was that face with his sitcom dance........hey hey hey

Rosebud666 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by StewartGilliganGriffin View Post
    I think that story is obviously a joke. I mean Bill Cosby drugging and assaulting women? Doesn't every stand up comedian in America do that bit?

I don't know if Paula Poundstone is a pervert but something is up with her. Seriously.
    Naw, she's just your garden variety nice atheist . . . and extraordinarily funny. Like the comment she made, after her widely publicised alcohol problems, about the judge sentencing her in open court to, among other things, attend Alcoholics Anonymous: "Yeah, well so much for that second 'A' in 'AA'"
    Last edited by Rosebud666; 11-16-2014 at 12:09 AM. Reason: Learned to count today

The man is a gross Pig.
    Also I want my money back from watching
    Ghost Dad (1990) at the movies.
    Carolyn(1958-2009) always in my heart.

You chose to watch Ghost Dad.. No refund for you. Sidney Poitier directed that gem also.. So yeah..
    I remember being 8 and wanting to see that sooo badly. Yeah no.. Horrible film. Must have been in between Freddy movies.

Appearance on Letterman cancelled:

NEW YORK - Bill Cosby's upcoming appearance on CBS' "Late Show with David Letterman" has been canceled amid a growing uproar over allegations that he sexually assaulted several women in past decades.
    Cosby spokesman David Brokaw confirmed Friday night that Cosby would not appear next Wednesday as previously scheduled. He did not say why.

Link: http://www.cbsnews.com/news/bill-cos...xual-assaults/

legend31 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by PvN73 View Post
    I loved Fat Albert as a kid as well. I dont care much for BC either nowadays... I wonder how much is true with all those sexual assult charges, it seems like alot of ladies came forward.

UGH

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	TI994A-CosbyAd.jpg 
Views:	108 
Size:	23.5 KB 
ID:	3985
    Me too

I remember seeing a Kenan Thompson interview about the filming of the live action Fat Albert.

Kenan's Mom was on the set and Bill Cosby wanted her to sit on his lap. She tried to laugh it off, but he was serious and very angry she wasn't obeying.

Can't find anything on the net to back this up, but I know Kenan talked about it in more than one interview.
    [SIGPIC]Morgan[/SIGPIC]

If any of the allegations are true, then he is sleazy bastard. I wonder what his wife thinks ? Hmm, she's from that generation where a wife remains silent and stands by her man and endures the humiliation. Again, if it is true, get all his money and cut him loose !

Probably true. Thirteen different women who didn't know each other all with the same accusation for years. And his response when asked by a reporter on tape, silence and kept shaking his head no. After all these years, I hope he is formally charged.

Yeah. The latest is another one that went back for more and didn't mention anything about it for 30 years.

Janice Dickinson now. Yeah... she's credible lmao

http://www.msn.com/en-us/entertainme...-me/ar-BBexFOp

I have to admit, I'm playing in the river of De-Nial over this. I've always liked BC, I think his stand on a lot of subjects is right on. I've not read any of the reports and must admit, I skimmed over this thread. I'm usually a lot more open and right on the soap box about things, but I'm having trouble with this one. I don't know if the accusations are true or not. I would like to think that of all people, BC would be above that short of behavior. But I will also admit he's a man and with money, success and power, and in most cases that is a lethal combination.

Oh I think he screwed some of them. I think he lied to them. I think it was a "help me with my career and you can do me" situation. So he did them and just kinda ya know.... forgot to help their career lol He's probably scum... but drugging and raping over and over and over? Nah.

Here's a quote from Janice Dickinson about BC "raping" her... ""I was afraid of the consequences. I was afraid of being labeled a whore or a slut and trying to sleep my way to the top of a career that never took place." Translation: "I didn't want people to know I was a whore and trying to sleep my way to the top and in fact I was only used. So not only am I a whore but I'm stupid as well."

I think his career is now over and he will die in shame.
    To understand the living, you got to commune with the dead.
    Minerva

Bidmor Guest
    Well let's see. Cosby has been accused of being a total cad from 30 year old incidents. Cosby has taken stances and spoken out for many years re black cultural issues which are 180 degrees from the "norm". And only a couple of days ago we learn that Al Sharpton is behind on state and federal income taxes to the tune of some $4.5M, so that gives us an idea how much Al gets paid to protest whatever. Just sayin'.

I don't know what will happen with Cosby but I don't think, in the end, he'll be reduced to the irrelevance of Jesse Jackson. Cos has a butt load of money compared to Jackson before he became Rev. Irrelevant.

Breaking News
    NBC drops new Cosby SitCom project.

TV Land cancels Cosby show re-runs.