Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Bill Cosby

According to NBC News, the judge found there was no agreement not to prosecute the Hollywood star and the criminal case against him will continue. The case now moves to a preliminary hearing to see if prosecutors have enough evidence to prove Cosby assaulted the accuser at his Philadelphia-area home in 2004. Cosby and his team have yet to comment on today's ruling.

http://www.eonline.com/news/736228/b...ismiss-charges
    To understand the living, you got to commune with the dead.
    Minerva

A Los Angeles judge has thrown out a defamation claim by supermodel Janice Dickinson against against Bill Cosby and his former attorney Marty Singer, it emerged Tuesday.

In May last year Dickinson sued the embattled comedian, alleging he falsely accused her of fabricating a story in a 2014 TV interview in which she claimed he drugged and raped her in 1982.

In November, the 60-year-old reality star amended her complaint naming Hollywood lawyer Singer as an additional defendant.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz3ziFF23cF
    Minerva

A federal judge in Massachusetts has ruled that Bill Cosby's wife must give a deposition in a defamation lawsuit against the disgraced comedian, but said she can refuse to answer questions about private marital conversations.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz3zuIxzaGn
    Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
    Minerva

Judge says probable cause in Cosby rape case.

I always have hope that a celebrity will get what he/she deserves and then it doesn't happen. I'm reserving hope in this one but I'd love to see him arrested and jailed before he dies of old age. I also can't help it but I'd love to see some horrible thing happen to his wife.
    Minerva

^^like^^
    Stay in Drugs. Eat your School. Don't do Vegetables.

human Guest
    who would of thought he might end up dying in prison ?

Quote Originally Posted by human View Post
    who would of thought he might end up dying in prison ?
    Indeed... who would have thought?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Casper, I love you so much baby boy... waking up with you in the house is a blessing every day! Thank you for filling our home and hearts with so much love, joy, laughter and ever so sweet Sammy smiles! We belong together! XOXOX

Let's hope he will spend the rest of his miserable life in jail.
    Some compare Elvis to God.. I mean He is good, but He is no Elvis

I hate to bet on someone's death but I give him a year.

After decades of treating women like fuck puppets I myself would like to see his butt in jail. Although I'm sure he will get a celebrity suite and not be in GenPop.

I'm still floored by it all. Growing up with him and his cartoons. My parents had some of his early comedy albums. My mom would be so heartbroken to find out what he really is. I hope he gets everything he deserves.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Even if he doesn't go to prison, he can't live forever. He's going to have to talk to God and he seems to think he's in good with the Big Guy.
    Minerva

human Guest
    probably better for him if he goes to court ... the trial by media is ruining his reputation

So I SEE by the NY Papers he is now blind.....Karma.
    Carolyn(1958-2009) always in my heart.

Quote Originally Posted by theotherlondon View Post
    So I SEE by the NY Papers he is now blind.....Karma.
    If its even true. Hopefully the beginning of a lot of karma until he dies.
    Minerva

Quote Originally Posted by McCourt View Post
    If its even true. Hopefully the beginning of a lot of karma until he dies.
    Yeah, I was thinking it could be a ploy for pity.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

trial date set June 5/2017 - anyone know if this will be televised ??

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...egal-team.html

Quote Originally Posted by cash View Post
    trial date set June 5/2017 - anyone know if this will be televised ??

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...egal-team.html
    I hope so! but doubt, it seems more high profile cases arent being televised. i hope he fries!

His attorneys are claiming racism???????
    I have to admit I've never given race much attention but these days it seems that its all that matters. I think we're going backward.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...nsylvania.html
    Minerva

PurrPurr Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by McCourt View Post
    His attorneys are claiming racism???????
    I have to admit I've never given race much attention but these days it seems that its all that matters. I think we're going backward.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...nsylvania.html
    God, I am so sick of that being an excuse for everything. I never gave race a thought either, but people just need to own their shit and deal with the consequences.

The Cos wants the case dismissed because only one of the 13 accusers who will testify is African American, which means he can't get a fair trial:

“The Commonwealth’s choice preys upon subconscious (or perhaps conscious) beliefs that a white woman is less likely to consent to sex with a black man, particularly in the 1960s and 1970s—the time period the Commonwealth chose to focus on."

So I guess it's the prosecution's fault that he assaulted more whites than any other ethnic group.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/article...ing-trial.html
    Last edited by TheWrath of MadelineKahn; 10-08-2016 at 10:36 AM.
    [SIGPIC]Morgan[/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by TheWrath of MadelineKahn View Post
    The Cos wants the case dismissed because only one of the 13 accusers who will testify is African American, which means he can't get a fair trial:

“The Commonwealth’s choice preys upon subconscious (or perhaps conscious) beliefs that a white woman is less likely to consent to sex with a black man, particularly in the 1960s and 1970s—the time period the Commonwealth chose to focus on."

So I guess it's the prosecution's fault that he assaulted more whites than any other ethnic group.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/article...ing-trial.html
    He definitely had a "type," and that's clearly his doing. I don't know if he felt like he had to drug them in order to get them in bed, or if he liked the fact that they were incapacitated while he was attacking them (l don't know the clinical term for people who want to appear to be having sex with a dead person), or if he felt that since they were drugged they'd be less likely to have enough of a memory about what happened to testify against him, etc., maybe a combination of a lot of factors. What gets me beyond anything else is his wife. She's educated, she always appeared to be "normal," and has two daughters. WHY on God's green earth is she standing by him? She had to know what was going on, but at the very least, once she got enough evidence to know he was involved with this many other women (consentual or not), why wouldn't she give her daughters a better role model? She could have walked away from the marriage with her dignity in tact, showing her daughters how to deal with a husband like him, and hundreds of millions of dollars. There is no reason for her to stay unless she's as demented as he is--which I'm beginning to believe is her thing.
    Minerva

This is one case where I fear justice won't be served. And it's such a kick in the ass to find out he is a sexual deviant. I know I didn't want to believe it at first, but it didn't take long to realize he really is a monster. I really hope he dies in prison where he belongs, but with his money he'll more than likely stretch out the proceedings as long as possible and die in his own bed. And I don't believe the story he is blind, sounds to me he is pulling the ol' "Mafia move" where the accused gangster want's to look as feeble and infirm that the jury would be swayed into feeling there would be no benefit to incarcerating him.
    By my troth, I care not; a man can die but once; we owe God a death.... He that dies this year is quit for the next.
    --William Shakespeare!

Cosby's deposition can be used against him in trial

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/...nstand-n692256

Good Gawd: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...y-student.html

Dude shows no remorse even after admission. I really liked him as a comedian back in the day, but this article is stomach-turning stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by SomeChick View Post
    Good Gawd: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...y-student.html

Dude shows no remorse even after admission. I really liked him as a comedian back in the day, but this article is stomach-turning stuff.
    That was a disturbing read.

Cosby has done an interview - he won't be testifying

http://www.news.com.au/entertainment...235b88317b5909

for some reason, I'll think he'll get off (no pun heh). just has too much money and plus he's old. ppl will feel sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by PiggyTx View Post
    for some reason, I'll think he'll get off (no pun heh). just has too much money and plus he's old. ppl will feel sorry.
    Sissy and I were just talking about this last night. She had the same opinion as you. I agree, really, but I still have a grain of hope. Sissy can't understand why those women waited so long.

Sissy: I don't understand why they waited so long about reporting him.
    Me: I was raped and never told a soul.
    Sissy: Yeah, but your rapist wasn't famous so you weren't out for money--who raped you and why didn't you tell anyone?

She just does not get it. I didn't tell anyone because I was afraid and it would have torn the family apart. Plus, it happened in 1969. I would have been blamed.

I bet those women felt the same as I did--magnified by his power and wealth.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

I would like for him to do time, but it's highly unlikely. I think he will walk away from this, and it's wrong. That said, I will have no problem calling him a sexual predator, a rapist and a piece of shit. Because, that's all he is.
    Today you could be standing next to someone who is trying their best not to fall apart. So whatever you do today, do it with kindness.

the defense called one witness - this has to be a guilty verdict

http://pagesix.com/2017/06/12/bill-c...199.1489287649

In the hands of the jury - we will see if celebrity wins out over justice

http://www.cnn.com/2017/06/12/us/bil...ial/index.html
    Last edited by cash; 06-12-2017 at 04:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by cindyt View Post
    Sissy and I were just talking about this last night. She had the same opinion as you. I agree, really, but I still have a grain of hope. Sissy can't understand why those women waited so long.

Sissy: I don't understand why they waited so long about reporting him.
    Me: I was raped and never told a soul.
    Sissy: Yeah, but your rapist wasn't famous so you weren't out for money--who raped you and why didn't you tell anyone?

She just does not get it. I didn't tell anyone because I was afraid and it would have torn the family apart. Plus, it happened in 1969. I would have been blamed.

I bet those women felt the same as I did--magnified by his power and wealth.

I know it's going over old ground but this reminds me of the Jimmy Saville case over here. It was only after the program about him that many came forward and a lot of ppl questioned whether it was just for attention. At the time he was one of the biggest celebrities in the UK and was seen as a cuddly uncle but he was. It was known what he was capable of because a few famous ppl spoke out about it. Among them was John Lydon (Johnny Rotten) but it was denied and he was banned from the BBC. While some played dumb, those who knew what he was doing spoke out but they were either fired or told to shut up because who would believe uncle Jimmy capable of something so vile....he wouldn't ever do anything like that.

As I said, it was only when the program was broadcast that many got in contact with the police again. When interviewed, they were asked they hadn't reported it before, nearly all of them said they had and had been told to shut up, it was ignored or covered up. Because of who he is, I think it's the same with Bill. Nobody wants to believe someone they grow up thinking was like one of the family is capable of something so disgusting and while it's wrong some find it easier to call the victims liars.

The power of celebrity protected them. No one wants to believe that they are capable of these things, and I'm talking the public. Those at the BBC in Savile's case, and whoever Cosby worked for knew what was up. It's all about image, and more importantly money. When big money is at stake, those people turned a blind eye to all the shit going on. I am appalled by that, but it doesn't surprise me.
    Last edited by Mansfield67; 06-12-2017 at 07:04 PM.
    Today you could be standing next to someone who is trying their best not to fall apart. So whatever you do today, do it with kindness.

Quote Originally Posted by Mansfield67 View Post
    The shocking thing about Savile is that he was able to get away with it for so long. Like Cosby, the power of celebrity protected them. No one wants to believe that they are capable of these things, and I'm talking the public. Those at the BBC and whoever Cosby worked for knew what was up. It's all about image and, more importantly money. And with big money at stake you turn a blind eye to the shit that goes on.
    I believe Savile had sex with dead bodies - the guy was an off the charts perv.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news...ng-sex-5234283

I know, I can imagine the the powers at the BBC hearing all this and covering their ears and going la la la la ! Good Lord.

I believe Savile had sex with dead bodies - the guy was an off the charts perv.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news...ng-sex-5234283

He did. Because of who he was, he was given an all access pass to at least one hospital and a porter told the police he saw him wheeling a kids body into the mortuary. Other nurses and therapists said they caught him as well and they all knew not to go down there alone if he was there. Once again, it was reported several times but ignored or denied. I don't think anybody knew how depraved he was until everything came out and bit by bit, every piece was worse than the other.

I know, I can imagine the the powers at the BBC hearing all this and covering their ears and going la la la la ! Good Lord.
    From what's been released, seemingly it was rife in the 60s/70s and assault was considered par for the course but like you said, it was ignored with them usually saying...who would believe such and such would do something like that when the truth was it was all down to money and what they would lose if the person wasn't working for them. There were some reports published when the main inquiry into Saville was going on and some of the names that were mentioned would seemingly shock the public but the problem was it was so long ago and there wasn't enough evidence to charge them which is why quite a few celebs were released even though the accusers accounts were believed.

second day of deliberating - taking way too long

http://www.cnn.com/2017/06/13/us/bil...ict/index.html

yep *sighs*

I can't be sure where I read it, maybe the Jezebel site but someone following the case and reporting on it said it would probably be at least Monday by the time they had a decision. Whether that is true or someone just throwing stuff out there, I'm not sure.

Quote Originally Posted by shellc View Post
    I can't be sure where I read it, maybe the Jezebel site but someone following the case and reporting on it said it would probably be at least Monday by the time they had a decision. Whether that is true or someone just throwing stuff out there, I'm not sure.
    I can't wait that long

He has already admitted to obtaining prescriptions for sedatives, with the intention of giving them to women HE wanted to have sex with. He knew his stuff. Come on people, take him down.

They hopefully are being careful that this sticks to his Teflon ass.

He has already admitted to obtaining prescriptions for sedatives, with the intention of giving them to women HE wanted to have sex with. He knew his stuff. Come on people, take him down.
    According to reports, his lawyer did the usual burying in his closing argument saying Bill was an honest upstanding citizen and blamed the media for letting it get this far on rumours. He then said because the woman talked to Bill on the phone a few times after, that made it clear that she was lying. With this and all the other crap they've tried to pull like saying he couldn't stand trial because he was blind then accusing the court of racism, it seems like they know what the verdict is gonna be and are clutching at every straw they can find to try and stop it.

Quote Originally Posted by shellc View Post
    According to reports, his lawyer did the usual burying in his closing argument saying Bill was an honest upstanding citizen and blamed the media for letting it get this far on rumours. He then said because the woman talked to Bill on the phone a few times after, that made it clear that she was lying. With this and all the other crap they've tried to pull like saying he couldn't stand trial because he was blind then accusing the court of racism, it seems like they know what the verdict is gonna be and are clutching at every straw they can find to try and stop it.
    They are pretty much desperate at this point, they will use all they can. I'm hoping, like others have said ,that they are being careful and want to get it right. I have a feeling that there might be a holdout or two, and that may be the reason they can't decide.
    Last edited by Mansfield67; 06-14-2017 at 06:30 PM.

jury is deadlocked. *sighsssssssssss*

Quote Originally Posted by PiggyTx View Post
    jury is deadlocked. *sighsssssssssss*
    Why am I not surprised?
    GOD IS NOT DEAD