Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: The Ramones

Khaos696 Guest
    I know i'm a lil late but Happy Birthday Joey

trishsixxm Guest
    I loved The Ramones! Especially Joey! RIP Joey, Johnny and Dee Dee!

leeny994 Guest
    It's September 15th
    Johnny's been dead now, six years
    RIP John

Jack Raines Guest
    Here's a clip of Dee Dee's ex-wife Vera discussing the incident that could've led to the Ramones "curse".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cX7Bgt41wtw

Pat MaGroin Guest

Ramones Autographs/Memorabilia

OK I love the Ramones! I was lucky enough to see them a few times in the late 70s/early 80s. I have quite a bit of interesting Ramones things, some I will upload pics of here. Signed Picture, signed Albums, a signed concert-used Ramones Pick (signed on both sides, Johnny on 1, Marky on the other), Signed Rock N Roll High School Program, Ramones 1977 Promo Letter Opener (seen on the cover of 'Ramones Mania').

Sorry for the poor quality of some of these (the letter opener and pick) I have these in a glass display cabinet so I scanned in paperwork pictures that I have on them. (Images Updated 2011-01-18)

I also have 2 leather jackets and 1 jean jacket all signed by them (and Monte and Arturo Vega), Dee Dee's Personal Leather Fringed Vest and Dee Dee's hand written lyrics to one of his songs "Never Again")
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	RamonesJohnnyJoeyDeeDeeTommy.jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	349.6 KB 
ID:	29473   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	RamonesRNRHSProgramJoeyDeeDeeMarky.jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	361.0 KB 
ID:	29477   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	RamonesRNRHSAlbumJohnnyJoeyDeeDeeMarky.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	174.9 KB 
ID:	29478   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	RamonesLetterOpenerLeaveHomea.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	214.1 KB 
ID:	29793  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	RamonesPickJohnny.jpg 
Views:	39 
Size:	8.1 KB 
ID:	29794   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	RamonesPickMarky.jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	7.9 KB 
ID:	29795  
    Last edited by Pat MaGroin; 01-18-2011 at 10:49 AM.

Pat MaGroin Guest

Signed "Road To Ruin" Album

Here is 1 more, sorry for the cut off signatures, this was difficult to scan as they all signed near the opposite edges of the "Road To Ruin" album, lol...

Name:	RamonesRTRAlbumJohnnyJoeyDeeDeeMarky.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	328.0 KB 
ID:	29479  

burgtwngrl Guest
    Pat that is so Cool. Your so lucky. I never got to see them. I visited Johnny and Dee Dee's Graves at Hollywood Forever this Past November. The Ramones will always be one of my Favorite Bands of my youth. Even Now in my 40's when I hear thier music I can't sit still I gotta move.

They were Great thier will never be duplicates and so sorry to see that they are nearly all gone now.

Pat MaGroin Guest

Ramones Signed Leather Jacket

Here is a Leather Jacket signed on the back by Johnny, Joey ("Joey96"), DeeDee, Marky, CJ. Arturo Vega and Monte (Melnick)

Name:	RamonesJoey96JohnnyDeeDeeMarkyCJArturoVegaMonte(Melnick).jpg 
Views:	39 
Size:	339.9 KB 
ID:	29800   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	RamonesJohnnyJoey96DeeDeeMarkyCJArturoVegaMonte(Melnick).jpg 
Size:	220.2 KB 
ID:	29801   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	RamonesJohnnyJoey96DeeDeeMarkyCJArturoVegaMonte(Melnick)Close.jpg 
Size:	363.8 KB 
ID:	29802  

leeny994 Guest
    Next Sunday they will be getting a Special Lifetime Achievement Grammy. Actually Marky, Tommy, Joey, Johnny and Dee Dee will be receiving it. (not CJ or Richie).
    Tommy and Marky will accept it prior to the televised ceremony, but during the tv show they will announce it and the camera will pan to them.
    Hey ho Let's Go!

SiriusBlack Guest
    The Ramones have been my fave band since I was 15 and I was lucky enough to see them twice when they played in Australia. I adore Joey (named one of my sons after him!!) and was lucky enough to see CJ when he first was starting out as he is such an amazing part of the band. I like DeeDee but CJ was great. I hate that he gets no recognition in things like the Grammy because he may not have been an original member but he made a great contribution and it was widely acknowldeged at the time that he really helped prolong the Ramones after DeeDee left.

On the Joey and Johhny not talking issue I am team Joey all the way. Johnny was one of the best guitarists in the world but what he did to Joey was wrong and cruel.

SiriusBlack Guest
    The Ramones are my all time fave band since I was 15 and I was lucky enough to get to see them several times in Australia. Live they were just amazing. I saw them not long after CJ joined and he was great. Joey is my all time fave though he was just unbelievable and I cannot believe it has been almost ten years since he died. I called one of my sons Joey!

I hate that CJ gets no recognition from the Hall of Fame and teh Grammy people as he was an important part of the band and the rest of the band agree judging by their interviews. He brought new life and youth and as much as I love DeeDee his heart wasn't in the Ramones at the end. He wrote some of their best songs though to this day Pet Sematary is my favourite of their songs.

Regarding Joey and Johnny I can understand why they didn't talk look at what Johnny did to him! There are things you don't do and to me one of them is steal another persons girlfriend and lie about it for a long time. Johnny is one of the all time great guitarists but what he did to Joey was not cool.

I was at the last UK show at Brixton Academy, London 1996. Was great, fast and loud, like on the Loco Live album. Towards the end though the Marshalls were so overheated and saturated that the sound was a bit of a mush. That never seemed to happen about two years before that at the London Astoria. Different venues and acoustics etc.. though. Both were fab shows.

SiriusBlack Guest

Unhappy

This Friday Joey will have been gone for ten years. HArd to believe it has been that long.

RIP Joey you were and are the best singer in the world and we miss and love you so much.

rucyco2 Guest
    RIP Joey - 4/15/2001

A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another.

Buffalo Bill Guest

Cool

Joey used to frequent The Scrap Bar later in his life so he could avoid all the gawking people who used to hound him whenever he went to CBGB'S. Saw him there plenty of times in the 80'S. But only had the privileged to speak to him once for about 5 minutes. Great Person and very approachable. ( Bought me a beer too ).

monroe27 Guest
    my 5 year old has discovered the Ramones and loves them. I have seen rock n roll high school 20 times this week! I have always loved them. when we were kids, my little sister and I used to think they were all brothers!! i have a metal ramones lunchbox with cartoon ramones on the front. it had a thermos, but my husband decided it was a good idea to take the thermos to work with him for coffee and its gone forever . leahna told me that Joey is her favorite and she got on the bus this morning yelling "Hey Ho Lets Go"! I'm so glad that she'd rather listen to them then that Bieber character. She now wants a Ramones t shirt like mine, but do they make them in 5t? And where can I find one for a child?

SueWahoo Guest
    Check out Amazon, there are several:

http://www.amazon.com/Sourpuss-RAMON...6492276&sr=1-2

rucyco2 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by monroe27 View Post
    my 5 year old has discovered the Ramones and loves them

monroe27 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by SueWahoo View Post
    Check out Amazon, there are several:

http://www.amazon.com/Sourpuss-RAMON...6492276&sr=1-2
    thank you! ordering one, she will love it!

RaRaRamona Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by monroe27 View Post
    my 5 year old has discovered the Ramones and loves them. I have seen rock n roll high school 20 times this week! I have always loved them. when we were kids, my little sister and I used to think they were all brothers!! i have a metal ramones lunchbox with cartoon ramones on the front. it had a thermos, but my husband decided it was a good idea to take the thermos to work with him for coffee and its gone forever . leahna told me that Joey is her favorite and she got on the bus this morning yelling "Hey Ho Lets Go"! I'm so glad that she'd rather listen to them then that Bieber character. She now wants a Ramones t shirt like mine, but do they make them in 5t? And where can I find one for a child?
    I got a onesie & a toddler size at Hot Topic. Which t completely unfair bc for decades I combed 100s of thrift stores & music stores for Ramones mercy. I read every Goldmine magazine. Nadda It was fair for a young Ramones fan growing up.

monroe27 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by RaRaRamona View Post
    I got a onesie & a toddler size at Hot Topic. Which t completely unfair bc for decades I combed 100s of thrift stores & music stores for Ramones mercy. I read every Goldmine magazine. Nadda It was fair for a young Ramones fan growing up.
    gonna check hot topic as well! and I hear you on that, RaRa. I got my ramones top from hot topic, couldnt find one elsewhere!

monroe27 Guest

Looks like there might be a movie directed by Martin Scorsese about the group....anxiously waiting

http://movies.msn.com/movies/article...&ocid=ansent11
    To my Father. Even though you have crossed the plane, you will always be with me.
    You were not just my Father, but my hero. My life has been a poor attempt to be like you
    You taught me music, vocals, and how to fight. I can only hope I am half the man you are
    When I close my eyes I can see you. And finally, Thank you Dad. for everything.
    March 1934-July 2016

Quote Originally Posted by Mcafgr View Post
    Looks like there might be a movie directed by Martin Scorsese about the group....anxiously waiting

http://movies.msn.com/movies/article...&ocid=ansent11
    Whoa! Awesome!
    Last edited by Upset; 08-29-2014 at 05:47 PM.

Ramone drummer Marky Ramone and hometown friend CN. Courtesy CN

GOD IS NOT DEAD

I enjoyed the band, but I think if they were alive today
    they would be fans of Donald Trump.
    Carolyn(1958-2009) always in my heart.