4 11.11%
  • Other

8 22.22%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Do You Collect Anything?

Frogs all over the place.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"I will be buried in a spring loaded casket filled with confetti, and a future archaeologist will have one awesome day at work."

I guess I could say 'Romantic'. I designed the bed, my husband built it. The framed pics are throughout the house.

[Img][/img]
    "There are three things I've learned never to discuss
    with people: religion, politics and The Great Pumpkin."
    - Linus -
    It's The Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown
    https://youtu.be/H2H0TfvNU3w

Quote Originally Posted by MsDiva View Post
    I guess I could say 'Romantic'. I designed the bed, my husband built it. The framed pics are throughout the house.

I love that, it's beautiful.

Here we are sort of a mish mash of themes...I have lots of death hag related stuff; skeletons, coffins, cemetery pics. I also love WWII era pics and I have a few of those. My kitchen is done in a cherry theme. The bedroom is sort of a romantic theme I suppose, and I love angels too so there's a bunches of those around here too. My daughter's room is supposed to be more of a rose garden, but somehow the princess' made there way in there.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RsvGs...feature=colike

My own, personal, Dexter...

xenaswolf Guest
    Love the knights and princess paintings!

I have a collection of Grateful Dead Beanie Babies. I guess thats more of an item and not a theme though.
    A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another.

Tebssis Guest
    I guess my theme is shabby chic. Love old stuff, especially art deco from the 50s. My favorite piece is a chest of drawers I snagged at a garage sale for $20! It's a beautiful smokey gray with original hardware without a scratch on it. Best bargin of my life.

Rustic country. Everything is metal art and a country theme.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

onekindsistah Guest
    I love stars... I have stars on whatever I can get my hands on... the last thing I got was a star tattoo on my wrist, they'll probably be all over my body before long.

1930's Hollywood memorabilia

D3LIVIĆ?N Guest
    My whole living room is filled with Disney Haunted Mansion and Pirates attraction things. I have all the large stretching hallway portraits and other good stuff framed everywhere. Also, tons of collectables to go along with it.

My bathroom is themed with antique drug and medical/dental equipment, including framed medical charts and an old human skeleton print. I only have a few morgue related things but looking to acquire some more.

I have a collection of antique lighters, the best of which is a WWII era table lighter with the German flag inscribed in it and a 1950's Camel lighter.

The rest of the house has taxidermy collectables and old carnival prints, I like to decorate the wall antlers around Christmas time it really brings a smile to peoples faces!

Frank 'N' Howie Guest

Help me complete my collection of McDonald's Wizard of Oz dolls

O.K...I know I'm lame but I LOVE these little guys...I can never get the whole set because I try not to eat death in a bag too often...I love happy meals...Just the right amount of food...
    What I was wondering is if your kids have one that I don't that is layin in the floorboard of the car or under the bed, if you would want to help me finish this years collection...I will be more than happy to pay for shipping...I can get them on EBAY but I am NOT payin what they are asking...I just can't do it...So please help this poor little girl at heart if you can...I am so ashamed...

lab_rat Guest
    My daughter had some laying in the bottom of her toybox. Their hair is all messy. I think I have some different ones. Which are you missing?

Guest Guest
    That witch doll is sooo cute!!

Frank 'N' Howie Guest
    These are all I have...I want the tin man so bad I have a metal taste in my mouth...There is also a flyin monkey, the lollipop guild guy, and I think there may be another munchkin...The Dorothy I have is from last year and I have eaten enough chicken nuggets to know I can't find this years...She has a Toto in a basket...

steph81202 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by howDIDyouBUYit? View Post

O.K...I know I'm lame but I LOVE these little guys...I can never get the whole set because I try not to eat death in a bag too often...I love happy meals...Just the right amount of food...
    What I was wondering is if your kids have one that I don't that is layin in the floorboard of the car or under the bed, if you would want to help me finish this years collection...I will be more than happy to pay for shipping...I can get them on EBAY but I am NOT payin what they are asking...I just can't do it...So please help this poor little girl at heart if you can...I am so ashamed...

I have 4 sitting on my kitchen counter unopened. What are you looking for. Today is trash day and out they were gonna go. I have boys and no matter how many times I say "6 piece happy meal FOR A BOY" I still get the dolls. If I have what you are looking for they are yours.

lab_rat Guest
    Is one of the munchkins a girl munchkin wearing yellow? This one doesn't have a tag on it. She has these other little Madame Alexander dolls so I am not sure which one this is.

Frank 'N' Howie Guest

The top ones are last years...I am not really concerned about them...The bottom ones are this years...GUYS I LOVE YOU...If you do have unopened ones I encourage you to put them on EBAy...They are gettin a bundle for them...Especially if they are not opened...I open mine IMMEDIATELY!!! I can't stand it...So the condition is not a problem...I can fix their hair in a jiffy...The ones on the top are all I have...

Ridgecrest, CA-Middle of the Mojave Desert
    I'll get a few happy meals out here and see what we got out here in the desert. I'd be more than happy to send one out to you that you don't have

My daughter has the tin man but, it's from last year. Do you still want it? I think she has all of them.

Mrs. Watson Guest
    We have the witch and the little munchkin girl from this year and I'm sure there will be more Happy Meals soon. Do you want them?

Frank 'N' Howie Guest
    YOU GUYS ARE AMAZING!!! I love these little things so much...I am an OZ fan from way back...I don't care what shape they are in, if they have tags, crayon marks...I just don't care...My hubby is going to build a shadow box for me and I am going to paint the yellow brick road in the background and then fasten them in the box...I am a doll LUNATIC!!! If they are from last year, this year...I don't care...You guys are SO awesome...Let me know how much postage is and I will gladly pay...

Mrs. Watson Guest
    Oh sheesh, How, send me a thank you card or something. I still have to see if my teething Pom puppy hasn't chewed off the feet or anything. We have a couple severely handicapped Barbies around lately, no feet or hands.

Mrs. Watson Guest
    Oh and I'm a big Oz fan, but have no room to display these. I covet one of the limited edition Wizard Of Oz Swatches from way back when. I had one back in the day and lost it tubing down the Delaware River.

Frank 'N' Howie Guest
    I woulda been divin down in dem waters honey...NOBODY messes with Dorothy and gets away with it...Not even a RIVER!!!

RocketQueen Guest
    I had the blue thing in the skirt, but I took the skirt off, pulled the blue fur thing off its head, then poked it's eyes out. Sorry. :/

newsocks Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by howdidyoubuyit? View Post

o.k...i know i'm lame but i love these little guys...i can never get the whole set because i try not to eat death in a bag too often...i love happy meals...just the right amount of food...
    What i was wondering is if your kids have one that i don't that is layin in the floorboard of the car or under the bed, if you would want to help me finish this years collection...i will be more than happy to pay for shipping...i can get them on ebay but i am not payin what they are asking...i just can't do it...so please help this poor little girl at heart if you can...i am so ashamed...

i am collecting them too!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ok wait sorry i didnt mean to be aburpt! i just got excited when someone else loved them as much.
    i need some still too
    i think the wicked witch is my favorite.
    you have 2 scarecrows but they are slightly different colors? weird.
    i just go into mcdonalds and ask to pay for the toy. only like $1.50 or something.
    Last edited by newsocks; 10-06-2008 at 04:55 PM.

mugglemeg Guest
    Ok, I just had to throw this out there. I think they're an awesome collectioin, and I'd be happy to send you the Cowardly Lion that I have, if you want it (and I LOVE the Wizard of Oz too). But, someone got the Scarecrow at work, and, swear to God, it's the scariest thing EVER! The look on it's face, the eyes, and it's HEAD SPINS ALL THE WAY AROUND!! We laughed so hard. Again, I'm sorry, I don't mean to offend, I just thought of that conversation. Anyway, I saw that you had a Cowardly Lion, but I'll send it free of charge if you (or anyone else) want it. It's from this year, if that matters. It's just sitting on my nightstand, collecting dust...

These are from recently? I don't eat there, but I'll be happy to go by and see which ones I can buy.
    To understand the living, you got to commune with the dead.
    Minerva

beatlebaby4 Guest
    Those are so cool! I have never seen them up here in Canada. I would love to see them come to our MacDonalds up here

malaki Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by howDIDyouBUYit? View Post

The top ones are last years...I am not really concerned about them...The bottom ones are this years...GUYS I LOVE YOU...If you do have unopened ones I encourage you to put them on EBAy...They are gettin a bundle for them...Especially if they are not opened...I open mine IMMEDIATELY!!! I can't stand it...So the condition is not a problem...I can fix their hair in a jiffy...The ones on the top are all I have...

I have the blue monkey, the blue soldier and the munchkin girl in the blue & pink..you can all of them if ya want....

RoRo Guest
    I have the lion, dorothy and the wicked witch from last year and from this year I got the lollypop guild guy, the flower munchkin, the wizard, the blue guard, and the lullabye munchkin...I went by the Macdonalds tonight and they were out of toys and aren't getting anymore..I was so sad I wanted the tinman and flyin monkey!! I love the Wizard of Oz and have the wicked witch hallmak ornament, I have a bumper sticker that says "things just haven't been the same since that house fell on my sister" and I have a sign in my house that says " Nobody gets in to see the wizard, not nobody, not no how"...I love that movie!!

Frank 'N' Howie Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by newsocks View Post
    i am collecting them too!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ok wait sorry i didnt mean to be aburpt! i just got excited when someone else loved them as much.
    i need some still too
    i think the wicked witch is my favorite.
    you have 2 scarecrows but they are slightly different colors? weird.
    i just go into mcdonalds and ask to pay for the toy. only like $1.50 or something.
    If I get duplicates I would love to share...I'm tellin ya...These little guys just tear my heart out...My neice had one and she wouldn't let me have it...I offered her money...No dice...She had pulled most of its hair out and had drawn on her face with crayons...I just wanted to rescue it...I hate to see a baby doll suffer...I have a BUNCH of the weirdest lookin dolls...Flea markets, thrift stores...I am a sucker for a babydoll in need...

Frank 'N' Howie Guest
    Maybe this thread will help everybody in need...I had all the Hallmark ornaments...I had to sell them for cash about 8 years ago...It was the hardest thing I have ever had to do...

RoRo Guest
    Ya want the witch ornament? I got it at a yard sale for 25 cents...I would be happy to send it to you

Mrs. Watson Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by RoRo View Post
    Ya want the witch ornament? I got it at a yard sale for 25 cents...I would be happy to send it to you
    Yet another reason I love to shop Good Will and yard sales. My friend Holly collects those copper mold things for her kitchen walls and I got her a sun shaped one for 49 cents at the Good Will.

49 cents!!!

RoRo Guest
    I am a yard-saling Goodwill queen!!!

Seagorath Guest
    You're not lame, HDYBI... ...you're just a cute little Georgia peach who digs a pretty nifty McDonald's toy issue. I bought up all the Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith toys when they came out...and I really love my mini-Vader...with removable helmet!

trose Guest
    I don't have the McDonald's dolls, but I do have the Wizard of Oz collection of Cow Parade Cows. They are my favorites out of all the cows I've collected.

Frank 'N' Howie Guest
    Gawd...I LOVE you guys...Sea...You are a man after my own heart...I swear to GAWD I think you are my long lost brother or somethin...

lobosco107 Guest

What Type Of Music Do You Collect?

Today I went to a huge flea market in Rogers, Ohio and I was amazed that a guy was selling there that used to sell me records about 15 years ago when I went there with my grandfather. I actually bought about seven LPs, and it got me wondering...what type of music do you collect? We have come a long way since 78rpms. You can vote as many types as you collect...

Let your votes be heard! (In my opinion, long live the LP!)

I still by 45s and LPs. Mostly buy used cds and download now though. I voted those 4.
    A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another.

Armcast Guest
    I like to go to garage sales and buy old LP's (mostly for the covers); but for actually listening to music I buy CDs and mp3's.

lobosco107 Guest
    I forgot to include reel to reel tapes as a choice. Does anyone remember that? That was before audio cassettes.

lobosco107 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Armcast View Post
    I like to go to garage sales and buy old LP's (mostly for the covers); but for actually listening to music I buy CDs and mp3's.
    Some of the artwork on those old LPs were great!

I have about 1500 CDs...

redkatrampant Guest
    I have to choose?

lobosco107 Guest
    Yeah, but you can pick all that apply to you.

rickenbacker Guest
    This was hard. I have everything. Mostly, I collect GOOD music! HA! I love vinyl. No CD sounds as good. There's just a richer sound with a decent turntable/amp.

Seagorath Guest
    Gotta love vinyl...

PvN73 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by ichabodius View Post
    I still by 45s and LPs. Mostly buy used cds and download now though. I voted those 4.
    Me three on that, I don't download though, that is waaay too technical. I also have cassette tapes, I have heaps, bags full of them in my car!! I am too cool when I pop one of those in to listen to!