Bernard Cribbins

https://www.npr.org/2022/07/28/11142...ish-actor-dies

British actor who appeared in such shows as:
    Doctor Who
    Fawlty Towers
    Carry On (multiple films)
    Jackanory (112 episodes!)
    The Wombles

Cribbins was diagnosed with prostate cancer in 2009 but said in 2018 that he was in good health at the age of 90 except for a nagging back condition.

With his wife Gillian, who died in 2021. The couple had no children.

They were heartbroken by a string of miscarriages, resided in Surrey, and were childless. Bernard claimed that working on children’s TV shows and movies, particularly The Railway Children, gave him “a very nice feeling to think of all those who saw it as a youngster” and helped him get over his loss of his own children.

Autographed photo from a Carry On movie

As another guest from Hell in Fawlty Towers (but then, to Basil EVERY guest was a pain - with the exception of the flirty Frenchwoman Mrs. Peignoir).

The Railway Children

With his Officer of the British Empire (OBE) medal after receiving it during an Investiture ceremony from the Princess Royal at Windsor Castle on November 3, 2011

Many of this generation known him from Doctor Who but I remember him as a guest star in many shows I watched when I was younger in the 80s/90s. Like Richard Briers, he had this inimitable voice that you knew exactly who it was when you heard him.

Omgosh, I remember him from Fawlty Towers. Basil thought that he was the hotel inspector.

Sad to hear about his death. so remember him from
    the film: Frenzy (1972) and Coronation Street.
    Carolyn(1958-2009) always in my heart.