Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mollie Sugden

heat123 Guest

Unhappy Mollie Sugden

Actress Mollie Sugden has died at the age of 86, her agent has said. The TV star, best known for playing Mrs Slocombe in long-running BBC sitcom Are You Being Served?, died at the Royal Surrey Hospital after a long illness.
    The Yorkshire-born actress's twin sons, Robin and Simon Moore, were at her bedside, agent Joan Reddin said.

Auntie Vi Guest
    oh no, there's not much left of the cast of AYBS now

lynn wilson Guest
    how sad...i was hoping we were done for awhile

Nooo. Aw, the whole cast of AYBS is disappearing. What a wonderful lady with a wonderful talent. RIP doll. xo
    ??If you enter this world knowing you are loved and you leave this world knowing the same, then everything that happens in between can be dealt with.? - Michael Jackson

Northern Lights Guest
    RIP Mollie

Comedy actress Mollie Sugden has died in hospital following a long illness, aged 86.

The Yorkshire-born star of popular sitcom Are You Being Served? died in the Royal Surrey County Hospital in Guildford on Wednesday afternoon.
    Her twin sons, Robin and Simon Moore, were at her bedside, according to her agent Joan Reddin.

Ms Reddin began representing Sugden in the 1960s before she became famous with her role as Mrs Slocombe in Are You Being Served?.

She said: "She had had a long illness and various problems but it was very quick in the end. Her twin boys were with her and she faded away. She was a lovely, lovely person."

Sugden, who lived in Surrey, was married to fellow actor William Moore.
    She never fully recovered from his death nine years ago, said Ms Reddin. "They were very much in love," she said. "She started to go down when he died."

Best known for her comedy roles often playing battleaxes, Sugden also appeared as the fearsome Mrs Hutchinson in The Liver Birds, but her career spanned a variety of roles.

Born in Keighley, West Yorkshire, in July 1922, Sugden trained at the Guildhall School of Music and Drama in London. Her early career was spent in repertory theatre, where in Swansea in 1956, she met Moore.

They married two years later, when she was 35 and he was 39. Their sons were born six years later.

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/21/20090701...d-6323e80.html

heat123 Guest
    The last time I saw her, she was in a wheelchair at Wendy Richards funeral, she didn't look too well then

Oh no! Not Mollie! This sucks! She was terrific as Mrs. Slocombe In Are You Being Served?, the only sitcom I've ever liked. Rest in peace.
    [Img][/img]
    "There are three things I've learned never to discuss
    with people: religion, politics and The Great Pumpkin."
    - Linus -
    It's The Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown
    https://youtu.be/H2H0TfvNU3w

Wow, thats like 6 in the last 7 or 8 days. AYBS is one of my favorite britcoms. RIP Mollie Sugden!

Giada Guest
    I'm really saddened by her death. I only knew her from AYBS, but thought her terrific.

Northern Lights Guest
    Are You Being Served? The Pilot Episode 1/3
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6-amr01nhhw

Are You Being Served? No Sale 1/3
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FlCr6KsDYbw

Northern Lights Guest
    Are You Being Served? - Christmas Crackers 1/3
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tvV595wE6OA

Are You Being Served? Diamonds are Mans Best Friend 1/3
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n50fy2nfC5o

Roaming Tigress Guest
    Wow, Harve, Malden, and now Mollie. RIP, Mollie. I loved ya!

heat123 Guest
    All these deaths are like buses, you miss one and then three come at once!!!

Cherry Malotte Guest
    I loved her - simply loved her. Really she was a great actress in comedy, and not many people can do it.

Jack-O-Lantern Guest
    Goodbye, funny lady.

cachluv Guest
    Wednesday, July 1st 2009

Farewell, Mrs. Slocombe

When my ass didn't have cable, I used to watch Are You Being Served? all the time, so this news hurts deep! The Daily Mail says that Mollie Sugden, the genius actress who played Mrs. Slocombe on the show, died today at the age of 86. Mollie's agent said that she was battling an illness for quite some time.

Mollie is survived by her twin sons. They were by her side when she went off to the giant department store in the sky.

Mrs. Slocombe is my forever favorite on that show, because she talked about her pussy all the time. Mrs. Slocombe in her cotton candy color wig yammering on about her pussy will make me laugh until I queef every time.
    Rest in peace, Mrs. Slocombe... Heaven is now brighter. No, it really is, because of her technicolor wigs.

Here's a classic clip of Mrs. Slocombe talking about her wet pussy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=unmkX15AeN8

http://www.dlisted.com/node/32775
    Last edited by cachluv; 07-01-2009 at 03:28 PM.

Guest Guest
    Very sad to hear this! Mollie was a wonderful actress. I grew up watching her and remained a life-long fan! R.I.P Mollie.

Will have to watch those episodes on youtube.. the show sounds hilarious. I have heard alot about it, but never seen it I am afraid.

RIP Mollie
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	9541651_tml.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	8.5 KB 
ID:	14853   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	molliesugden.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	27.4 KB 
ID:	14854  
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Love is the answer - and you know that for sure.

Hells_Pizza Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by cachluv View Post
    Here's a classic clip of Mrs. Slocombe talking about her wet pussy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=unmkX15AeN8
    That first clip about her wet pussy was the first scene I thought of when I heard she had died. The last bit of that montage is bloody hilarious!

R.I.P. Mollie and thanks for the laughs.

She was very funny, enjoyed her performances.
    I am a sick puppy....woof woof!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Carping the living shit out of the Diem. - Me!!
    http://www.pinterest.com/neilmpenny

1karenhb Guest
    Damn, now I will never be able to pet her pussy! RIP Molly

RaRaRamona Guest
    I watched it occasionally but I had a roomie for a while who looooved it. She's the first person I thought of when I read it. RIP Mollie

crescentia Guest
    Oh this is sad. I used to watch it all of the time. RIP Mollie.

ZoeAnne Guest
    Loved AYBS!! RIP Mollie

Awww...RIP Mollie...you were a treasure on AYBS!!!!!!! The adorible Mrs. Slocombe and Miss Brahms are no longer free!!!!!
    It's hard to ride at night...on your bicycle with no lights to guide...just take a chance and ride. Olson and Louris

Death Becomes Her Guest
    R.I.P. Mollie - lovely lady

SenorMuerto Guest
    It's obvious that with all the deaths this past week, the major department store in heaven needed experienced help.

RIP Mollie.

orionova Guest
    Rest well, Mollie.

RIP Molly.

I♥TinyTim Guest

Mollie Sugden

Actress most known for her role as Mrs. Slocombe on the British sitcom, "Are You Being Served?" has passed away. She was 86 years old. I loved her as Mrs. Slocombe...

Last edited by I♥TinyTim; 07-01-2009 at 09:24 PM.

This should be under Actors and Actresses.
    John Trim On Face Book
    On the internet you can be anything you want.
    It is strange that so many people choose to be stupid.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I♥TinyTim Guest
    Actually it should be merged with the original thread. (I have requested this in the merge me thread, though, in a round about, grieving way).

Quote Originally Posted by I♥TinyTim View Post
    Actually it should be merged with the original thread. (I have requested this in the merge me thread, though, in a round about, grieving way).
    Yeah I saw your other post after I posted here. It's ok, we all have days when things don't go right.
    John Trim On Face Book
    On the internet you can be anything you want.
    It is strange that so many people choose to be stupid.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

TheLazenby Guest
    Aw, not another one from AYBS.... :-(

I wrote to Mollie in the early 2000's and got a nice signed picture back... it's framed next to the signed picture Wendy Richard sent me. Damn, now both of them have left us!!

(Incidentally, the other autograph in that frame belongs to Yoko Ono - I'm worried about her now!)

RoRo Guest
    I am heartbroken...I loved Mollie , she was such a talent...and I am unanimous in that

slw Guest
    oh no!!! I bought a box set of AYBS when Wendy Richard died. I was tempted to buy some more dvds but couldn't stretch to it at the time. Now Mollie has gone I just have to go and get the rest of them! RIP Mollie

Glamrock Princess Guest
    R.I.P Mollie, and thanks to everyone who posted the you tube clips on here, the pussy jokes are legendary, also her fright wigs, and her comedy timing!, I will miss her. X

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by heat123 View Post
    The last time I saw her, she was in a wheelchair at Wendy Richards funeral, she didn't look too well then

Yep i thought that too. Still enjoy watching AYBS also enjoyed watching her in The Liver Birds, great comedy actress whom came over as being really nice in interviews.

RIP Mollie

c l p Guest
    david carradine, ed mcmahon, michael jackson, farrah fawcett,molly sugden, carl molden,who is next ? did i miss anyone?

simon69 Guest
    I was introduced to this Britcom in the early 90's by my cousin and his life partner, it was an instant guilty pleasure for me since! God bless you Molly, you brought many of nights of tears of laughter to me. With Johns passing a few years ago and Wendy earlier this year I feel like I'm losing my distant aunts and uncles. Molly was a gem among gems, rest in peace you dear sweet soul. Some of the clips that made me laugh till I was crying > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=19AQg...eature=related

simon69 Guest

Mollie Sugden: 1922 - 2009

simon69 Guest

STsFirstmate Guest
    Ok who is actually left out of the cast of AYBS?
    I think they are pretty much all gone at this point. hat is a shame it was classic British farce at it's finest!
    It seems like Mister Humbold, Captain Peacock and Mister Lucas are the only ones left alive that I can find.
    Well Molly rest in peace and keep your pussy in fine fettle!
    Regards,
    Mary

MorbidMolly Guest
    She was hilarious !!! My mom never missed this show. RIP sweet Mollie .

AYBS is really funny because it's not PC at all. Mrs Slocombe is one of the best character ever in a comedy programme. RIP

silverwaif77 Guest
    She was just a damned good actress. Quit dying already celebrities- I am unanimous in this.

TheLazenby Guest
    There are actually four surviving main castmembers - Captain Peacock (Frank Thornton), Mr. Rumbold (Nicholas Smith), Mr. Lucas (Trevor Bannister), and Mr. Spooner (Mike Berry). Shame so many people tend to overlook Mr. Spooner, especially since the classic final episode centered around him.

Now that I'm working, I'm really tempted to spend a couple hundred bucks and replace all my PBS-taped AYBS videos. I'd love to have the 14-disc "Are You Being Served" set, the "Are You Being Served Again?" set, and the movie.

There really needs to be a DVD set of "Are You Being Served: The Lost Episodes" - every episode of the Australian adaptation (if it even still exists... like early Doctor Who, it seems that only telesnaps have turned up), and the American pilot.

Quote Originally Posted by Cherry Malotte View Post
    I loved her - simply loved her. Really she was a great actress in comedy, and not many people can do it.
    I adored her! She would do anything the writers suggested, even if it wasn't particularly dignified. She was priceless as "Mrs. Slocombe" and I'll always remember the remarks about her pussy. "We are unanimous in that!"
    "What if the Hokey Pokey is what it's really all about?" Jimmy Buffett

I loved that show AYBS and her with the purple hair
    would kind of remind me of Dame Edna.

slw Guest
    So my Mum is out shopping and got talking to a woman who was waiting for her husband. Turns out he took Mollie's funeral service! It a small world!!