Thread: Attn: Ohio, Western Pennsylvania and eastern Indiana Death Hags

Bigfoot Guest

Attn: Ohio, Western Pennsylvania and eastern Indiana Death Hags

I think we should do a meet sometime in early spring. I was thinking sometime in early spring somewhere that follows our love for death, kinda freakish and center to everybody. Paula(pvezz) has volunteered to help with this, which I highly appreciate, to organize and look for options of meet location. If you have any ideas of location or time it should be done, please contact me or Paula in order to get everything organized before we set everything official.

Opinions and everybody is welcome

Joey & Paula

pvezz Guest
    As Bigfoot stated, I'm all for us getting together and meeting! Let's pick a central place for Hags and do it!!!

Anyone interested, please send me a PM!

lostsoul23 Guest
    I'm in SW Ohio but plan on coming North in the spring. I'll watch the boards for more info, it would be great!

See, we need to do this in the NYC area..come on, guys!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]peek-a-boo!!

I live in Columbus, Ohio. Count me in! Let me know what I can do to help.

Bigfoot Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by lostsoul23 View Post
    I'm in SW Ohio but plan on coming North in the spring. I'll watch the boards for more info, it would be great!
    Let us know when so either we can plan around that or if your date is not set, make sure we set a date ok with everybody

Quote Originally Posted by joplinfrk View Post
    See, we need to do this in the NYC area..come on, guys!
    Everybody is welcomed here!

Quote Originally Posted by Colicky View Post
    I live in Columbus, Ohio. Count me in! Let me know what I can do to help.
    If you know any areas that might interest us, let us know and we put it into consideration. Thanks for the offer.

I also would be interested. I am in Southeastern Michigan.

Bigfoot Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by mixxerr View Post
    I also would be interested. I am in Southeastern Michigan.
    You're more than welcome to join us, fellow hag!

Kellycatt1 Guest
    I'm in Ohio too, sounds fun to me count me in. If I can help in anyway just let me know.

HelenaHandbasket Guest
    I'm in SouthWestern Pennsylvania. If my car comes back from the dead, I'll be in too!

Bigfoot Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by HelenaHandbasket View Post
    I'm in SouthWestern Pennsylvania. If my car comes back from the dead, I'll be in too!
    We can arrange transport if the car is still in the deathpool by then

pvezz Guest
    I'll drive; you can ride shotgun!

pryncssdeb Guest
    ooh, Ohh! Let's all go to Kings Island! I got gold season passes! Nothing like a ride on the Beast and Firehawk to make your day!

deb

and, I know some guys that work there, so I can hook everyone up with discount tickets (I was a VIP last year... \m/)

Bigfoot Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by pryncssdeb View Post
    ooh, Ohh! Let's all go to Kings Island! I got gold season passes! Nothing like a ride on the Beast and Firehawk to make your day!

deb

and, I know some guys that work there, so I can hook everyone up with discount tickets (I was a VIP last year... \m/)
    Where's that? I'm all in!

pryncssdeb Guest
    King Island is in Mason, about 10 mins north of Cinci. link here: www.pki.com

It's got 14 coasters, tons of flats, a water park, you name it. Oh, and 2 coasters that break world records (The Beast is the longest wooden roller coaster in the world; Son of Beast is the second longest and the fastest and tallest wooden coaster in the world, and used to be the only woodie with a loop, but it had to be removed). And yes, I've rode them all.

deb

Clevelanddeathfan Guest

I'm in Cleveland

I'm in Cleveland, count me in, send me a message with the time and place. central to PA, OH and VA would be good. is Pittsburg a good area to meet?

Bigfoot Guest
    King Island is in Mason, about 10 mins north of Cinci. link here: www.pki.com

It's got 14 coasters, tons of flats, a water park, you name it. Oh, and 2 coasters that break world records (The Beast is the longest wooden roller coaster in the world; Son of Beast is the second longest and the fastest and tallest wooden coaster in the world, and used to be the only woodie with a loop, but it had to be removed). And yes, I've rode them all.

deb
    I am soooo in, despte it's like a 4 hour drive for me. I will stay in a hotel just for that!

Quote Originally Posted by Clevelanddeathfan View Post
    I'm in Cleveland, count me in, send me a message with the time and place. central to PA, OH and VA would be good. is Pittsburg a good area to meet?
    Everything is being looked at. We are taking opinions right now in order to determine time and place. Good to have you onboard!

pryncssdeb Guest
    There are plenty close to KI. Oh, and they have group sales, too. Which knocks the cost down (reg tickets last year were $50, one day). Also, they open on April 20. The full calendar is on that site, too, so you can poke and prod and find a date. As it's still sometimes chilly in April at KI, I'd suggest waiting until May, and going on a weekday once they are open 7 days. Shorter lines, and if you time it just right, not a hoard of kids and their parents because they are still in school!

deb

Bigfoot Guest
    There are plenty close to KI. Oh, and they have group sales, too. Which knocks the cost down (reg tickets last year were $50, one day). Also, they open on April 20. The full calendar is on that site, too, so you can poke and prod and find a date. As it's still sometimes chilly in April at KI, I'd suggest waiting until May, and going on a weekday once they are open 7 days. Shorter lines, and if you time it just right, not a hoard of kids and their parents because they are still in school!

deb
    Awesome idea! This is my fav. so far

HelenaHandbasket Guest
    Well, I have no excuse for not coming since I can ride shotgun with pvezz if need be. I'm in. One question, are haglets welcome?

Bigfoot Guest
    Update!

I just found a place everybody might like to go and see: David Graf's grave http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg...=n&GRid=21836&

For those who are not familiar with him, he played the role of Eugene Tackleberry on all Police Academy movies! I really liked him as an actor.

Bigfoot Guest
    UPDATE!

I've found several places we can go if the meet goes. Few examples are:

William McKinley's grave
    Cy Young's grave
    Wilbur and Orville Wright grave, shop and lot where their house used to be
    Elliot Ness' grave

Let me know what you think

HelenaHandbasket Guest
    Owww, I'd love to see Elliot Ness' grave.

Corvette Guest

I'm east of Cleveland, would love to get together.

pvezz Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigfoot View Post
    UPDATE!

I've found several places we can go if the meet goes. Few examples are:

William McKinley's grave
    Cy Young's grave
    Wilbur and Orville Wright grave, shop and lot where their house used to be
    Elliot Ness' grave

Let me know what you think
    Are these all in Dayton?

Bigfoot Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by pvezz View Post
    Are these all in Dayton?
    Only the Wright's grave is in Dayton, everything else is in Cleveland and sorroundings.

Bigfoot Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Corvette View Post
    I'm east of Cleveland, would love to get together.
    You are more than welcome to join. and welcome to FAD!

pvezz Guest
    If we do Cleveland, maybe we could make a stop at the Rock-N-Roll Hall of Fame! I've never been there and would love to see it!

Bigfoot Guest
    If we do Cleveland, maybe we could make a stop at the Rock-N-Roll Hall of Fame! I've never been there and would love to see it!
    Great! I've never been there either! Awesome!

Kersten Guest
    Ohhhh if you guys come to Dayton, we have an awesome cemetery! The Woodland Cemetery and Arboretum has the Wright Brothers, Erma Bombeck, George P. Huffman of Huffy Bikes, Col. Daniel Meade of Meade Paper, King and Queen of the Gypsies, and a bunch of famous locals. There's a couple monuments with cool stories, too, such as Johnny Morehouse's grave:
    In the 1860s there was a boy, Johnny Morehouse, the youngest son of John and Mory, who lived with them in the back of his fatherâ??s shoe repair shop. One day the five-year-old was playing near his home by the edge of the Miami & Erie Canal (which used to run along the present Patterson Blvd. in downtown Dayton near the library).
    The boy accidentally fell into the canal water. His dog, playing by him, jumped into the water and tried to save him. He pulled the boy out, but not in time to save his life. The boy drowned and was buried in Woodland Cemetery. Legend has it that, several days after the burial, the dog appeared next to the boyâ??s grave staying by it morning, noon, and night. Visitors to the cemetery saw him and began to worry about his health. Some began leaving him bits of food. Passersby still bring small toys and other trinkets to decorate the grave marker to express their spontaneous outpourings of sympathy. Some visitors put money there. A lady who walks the cemetery every day collects the money and buys something for the grave often. As you can see on his grave marker, he already has toys to play with â?? his harmonica, his top, his cap, his ball.

HelenaHandbasket Guest
    Oh God, I so hate to burst your bubble, but I've been there and it's nothing to write home about. I had such high hopes going in, but it really wasn't all that great. Although the view of the lake is beautiful.

kelbons Guest
    We just went there late this spring. Totally doable in one day! A few hours, in fact... just don't eat the hot dogs. I about barfed, but was starving!

pvezz Guest
    Oh God, I so hate to burst your bubble, but I've been there and it's nothing to write home about. I had such high hopes going in, but it really wasn't all that great. Although the view of the lake is beautiful.
    Damn! And the hotdogs suck, too???

Bigfoot Guest
    Damn! And the hotdogs suck, too???
    I hope not! And if they do, we'll go to Chipotle!

Clevelanddeathfan Guest
    Elliot Ness is in a pond in Lakeview Cemetery. There is a stone that says his remains were poured in the water. He's sort of "swimming with the fishes" now. Sorry, I had to write that. The Rock and Roll hall of Fame is nice. If you like oldies music, that is the place to go. The food at the Rock Hall is expensive. Little Italy is next to Lakeview Cemetery. We may be able to have lunch there.

Quote Originally Posted by Clevelanddeathfan View Post
    Elliot Ness is in a pond in Lakeview Cemetery. There is a stone that says his remains were poured in the water. He's sort of "swimming with the fishes" now. Sorry, I had to write that. The Rock and Roll hall of Fame is nice. If you like oldies music, that is the place to go. The food at the Rock Hall is expensive. Little Italy is next to Lakeview Cemetery. We may be able to have lunch there.
    LOVE the food in Little Italy. I'm all for it.

Darrianne Guest
    I am in Sandusky (a mile from Cedar Point) and I would be interested in the meet-up too. Interested in details if this happens.
    :-)

Chunga Guest

Sounds Good!

When and where?