Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Murder of Meredith Kercher/ Amanda Knox

discod Guest
    Shes got out cos the cops fucked it up.In my opinion shes guilty of something and knows what went off...thats three cases ive been follwoing from day one and three im disgusted with the verdicts!!!! Infact four counting OJ.
    As for the M Jackson case I think the poor doc will be found guilty so they have someone to blame....hes being used as a scapegoat x

DrDeath Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Miho View Post
    That is my understanding as well. Because she accused the bar owner guy she will be fined for it.
    So she bloody should be. The guy went through hell before he was cleared

Giada Guest
    I can't comment on the case, but Italians, mamma mia, 2-3 hour noon breaks are the norm.

Three -Four years stateside is not uncommon for a murder trial.

Rosebud666 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by buglover View Post
    Forgive my ignorance but overturning a verdict, is that the same as saying Not Guilty or does she have to go through another trial?
    SKY News is saying they were actually found "not guilty", that it was not just a matter of shaky DNA evidence.

The fine she has to pay is 22,000 Euros, not 22 million. A bargain if you ask me.

This is one of those rare times that I wish I could speak Italian.

The way SKY explained it, the prosecution can appeal to the Italian Supreme Court, but then it is like before the US Supreme Court. They can't retry the case in fact, they can only throw out the lower court appeal verdict on grounds of procedure and legal interpretation.

Quote Originally Posted by DrDeath View Post
    It said guilty but that was for slandering the police. The way the translator spoke she was guilty and had to pay 22m euro to the court. But then it said not guilty for murder....weird.
    Any translator who translates Ventidue mille as 22 million needs to get his or her arse down to the local language school.

philbert_wormly Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by W Axl Rose View Post
    Any translator who translates Ventidue mille as 22 million needs to get his or her arse down to the local language school.
    rotfl

At least Rosebud did not have to suffer through Shepard Smith babbling on and on in that dorky voice of his.

Maybe that means 22 of the thousands? 22K US? I speak Spanish, not Italian, so I am obviously guessing.

heaven01uk Guest
    I feel for the Kercher family.

discod Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by heaven01uk View Post
    I do too I feel they will never now know what truely happend xx

Perdi Guest
    I feel so sorry for Meredith's family this evening. For them to have to watch as 2 people who were, in my opinion at the very least involved in their loved ones murder (and I know that they have always said that they believe Knox and Sollecito were guilty)must be absolutely horrible. Almost like losing her over again I should imagine. I hope the Sollecito and Knox families at least have to good grace to acknowledge the Kerchers loss, and that they are now in the tremendously fortunate position of having their loved ones back. Something that the Kerchers will never have.

RIP Meredith, and I hope your family are able to find some comfort in their memories of you at what must be a tremendously difficult time.

King Cryo-le Guest
    Don't know what to think of this. The initial police investigation was not conducted in an appropriated manner, that made it impossible to reveal the truth with 100% scientific accuracy. Her behavior afterwards was very weird though. If one of your flatmates is brutally murdered it might be wise to stop lying,kissing,smiling and doing cartwheels...Especially if you are the one that they are accusing...

Perdi Guest
    Have just seen that they are both to get half a million euros compensation...that's aprox $650,000.

...and the Kerchers leave with nothing.

Perdi Guest
    Have just watched the moment the verdict was read, and am disgusted at the clapping and whooping in the court room by Knox's supporters. Meredith's family were there. The whole reason any of the people in that courtroom today were there was because their loved one was viciously butchered. They can't have a moment of triumph when they get her back. Their nightmare can never be over.

I appreciate that Knox and Sollecito's supporters are pleased, but is it really too much to ask that they manage to contain themselves for 5 minutes, if only out of respect for Meredith's memory and family??? I'm just absolutely disgusted.
    Last edited by Perdi; 10-03-2011 at 03:11 PM.

GuiltyLittleDeathHag Guest

WOW

I don't know what to make of this. With the way most Italians and Europeans feel about her in general, I never thought she'd be released just like that.

In the U.S. I believe the feeling is split down the middle about her guilt or innocence. I am not sure but lean toward innocent. I think it's more plausible that Rudy Guede alone broke in with the intention of robbing and raping Meredith. His DNA, prints, seem to be everywhere. The main issue I had was I didn't really believe the motive...One woman killing another in order to rape or have her raped by someone else? Not typically something women do.

I also think the celebrating in the courtroom for Amanda's release was uncalled for. Even if she is innocent, she is not the victim in all this. Meredith is and they should have been considering her family being there before they did that. I know they are excited their daughter/sister/friend is out, but come on, this girl lost her life in a way nobody ever should and her family having to endure this must be torture.

I really think people need to keep Meredith in this more. Hell, the barely talk about the Italian boyfriend or Rudy, either. It's all about Amanda. Whether she's guilty or innocent, she's not the one who lost her life here. In jail or not, she's been alive and breathing for the last 4 years. She's getting her life back. Something Meredith can never have. Nobody should die the way that poor girl did. Nobody.

Well I know where to go to get away with murder now. I hear flights to Italy are cheap this time of year.

I'm a bit messed up over this. I think Amanda Knox is hot, very attractive, but I also think she just got away with murder. I'm glad she gets to go home and I'm sad she gets to go home. Man, justice can be fucked up.

Quote Originally Posted by Trilby View Post
    Well I know where to go to get away with murder now. I hear flights to Italy are cheap this time of year.

I'm a bit messed up over this. I think Amanda Knox is hot, very attractive, but I also think she just got away with murder. I'm glad she gets to go home and I'm sad she gets to go home. Man, justice can be fucked up.
    LOL and when Karla Homolka got a slap on the wrist people said you get away with murder in Canada. and when James Bulger's murderers got out and got new identities people said it about England. and when Casey Anthony walked, it was said about Florida.

I agree with you that justice can be fucked up.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Djen Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Finnegan View Post
    LOL and when Karla Homolka got a slap on the wrist people said you get away with murder in Canada. and when James Bulger's murderers got out and got new identities people said it about England. and when Casey Anthony walked, it was said about Florida.

I agree with you that justice can be fucked up.
    Same thing here in the US in another state when the police messed up at Jonbenet Ramsay's house (IMO), and no one will ever be found guilty of murder for her death. It can happen anywhere.

Yeah, the whole cheering when the decision was made... it would be hard enough to hear for the Kercher family, I would absolutely go off if I had to hear that, too. I've seen videos of the cheers from the O.J. verdict, and it was just surreal... I mean someone was butchered here. In both cases.

Absolutely classless, anyone who did it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I am the master of my fate:
    I am the captain of my soul! (Invictus)
    (And Timothy McVeigh's last words...)

PurrPurr Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by philbert_wormly View Post
    rotfl

At least Rosebud did not have to suffer through Shepard Smith babbling on and on in that dorky voice of his.

Maybe that means 22 of the thousands? 22K US? I speak Spanish, not Italian, so I am obviously guessing.
    22,000 euros is around $29777 USD.

intothelight Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by heaven01uk View Post
    Same here. It's so heartbreaking when you do not receive the justice you desire. Nothing will bring their daughter back though . I remember the trial for the young guy who killed my uncle (father figure). We did not believe we received justice but nothing at all will bring my uncle back.

Quote Originally Posted by Perdi View Post
    Have just seen that they are both to get half a million euros compensation...that's aprox $650,000.

...and the Kerchers leave with nothing.
    What, if thats true it's awful.
    Carolyn(1958-2009) always in my heart.

1karenhb Guest
    I have never been able to get past seeing her and her ex making out just hours after Kercher's body was found. Wasn't upset at all. Who the hell does that?? My thoughts are with Kercher's family and having to go through this again.

Amanda Knox would be smart to do like Casey Anthony and disappear out of sight period and never return to Italy for that matter.

Djen Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by intothelight View Post
    Same here. It's so heartbreaking when you do not receive the justice you desire. Nothing will bring their daughter back though . I remember the trial for the young guy who killed my uncle (father figure). We did not believe we received justice but nothing at all will bring my uncle back.
    ((((((((((intothelight))))))))))

Awww intothelight I'm sorry to hear that about your father figure/uncle. I hope you are able to find some peace.

As for Amanda Knox, today on JVM she said it was "reported" that Knox did cartwheels in the police station. I could have sworn I actually saw footage of that long ago. Was I just imagining this? Has anyone else seen it?

Djen Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by atomicbettie View Post
    Awww intothelight I'm sorry to hear that about your father figure/uncle. I hope you are able to find some peace.

As for Amanda Knox, today on JVM she said it was "reported" that Knox did cartwheels in the police station. I could have sworn I actually saw footage of that long ago. Was I just imagining this? Has anyone else seen it?
    Again? Or are they talking about when this whole thing started?

No, this was back when this first started, right after the murder happened. I thought I saw it on one of those 20/20 or Dateline type shows.

Oogie Boogie Guest
    I feel so sorry for Meredith's family this evening. For them to have to watch as 2 people who were, in my opinion at the very least involved in their loved ones murder (and I know that they have always said that they believe Knox and Sollecito were guilty)must be absolutely horrible. Almost like losing her over again I should imagine. I hope the Sollecito and Knox families at least have to good grace to acknowledge the Kerchers loss, and that they are now in the tremendously fortunate position of having their loved ones back. Something that the Kerchers will never have.

RIP Meredith, and I hope your family are able to find some comfort in their memories of you at what must be a tremendously difficult time.
    This.

tarsier Guest
    Will they reopen the case again? Or does it just get swept away?
    Now if I wanted to get away wityh murder i wouldn't go to Italy, Florida or Canada. I like my home state wher you can kill anyone with a rifle as long as it's shot from out doors (hunting accident and it doesn't even haveto be hunting season)

discod Guest
    One woman killing another in order to rape or have her raped by someone else? Not typically something women do................neither is raping and killing children but it is becoming more and more common nowadays....and think that Karla Holmoka and her nutty husband.....so it does happen.
    I also remember the stories of the kart wheels...this was at the police sation just after she was taken in for questioning......
    I think its Italys way of getting rid of all the bad publicity and just sending her home so they can get on with it....I still say she is guilty and even the parents believe just one person could not have been invloved.

I doubt they will reopen the case. There is no evidence that points to anyone or anything else.

The authorities dropped the ball. The only DNA was from the bra that was contaminated. Just not enough evidence. I seriously believe the authorities thought they had a slam dunk case because she was an American and figured she would be punished based on that.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"I will be buried in a spring loaded casket filled with confetti, and a future archaeologist will have one awesome day at work."

Perdi Guest
    Not sure it was because she was American to be honest - I mean Sollecito was persued as vigorously as Knox, and he's Italian.

I still think their behaviour immediately after the event was just plain bizarre for 2 apparently innocent individuals. I can't believe that if they were as innocent as they claim to be that they would have behaved that way - changing their story more often than most of us change our underwear etc...it just makes them look SO guilty!!! And as my mum always says, if it walks like a duck, swims like a duck and quacks like a duck, it's not very likely to be a cow!!!!

discod Guest
    LOL Perdi I love it xx

intothelight Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Djen View Post
    ((((((((((intothelight))))))))))
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by atomicbettie View Post

Yes I have found some peace. My heart still hurts when I think about him but he's been gone for 6 years now. It's just so hard to believe he's still gone sometimes.

Giada Guest
    The US media has offers on the table for appearances. She'll author a book about her experiences with a ghost writer. I see a majority of Americans are in favor of an acquittal.

Edited to add link ...

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/nationa...C-rss&FEEDNAME=

Estimated 1-5m for the first interview.
    Last edited by Giada; 10-04-2011 at 10:18 AM.

slingshot Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Giada View Post
    The US media has offers on the table for appearances. She'll author a book about her experiences with a ghost writer. I see a majority of Americans are in favor of an acquittal.

Edited to add link ...

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/nationa...C-rss&FEEDNAME=

Estimated 1-5m for the first interview.
    Yeppers, I see mucho dinero in her future. Books, interviews, a Lifetime movie....

She's going to make a lot of money off of Meredith's death. That pisses me off. I won't be buying any of it. She may not have killed Meredith, but I think she could have prevented or at tried to save her. She was too selfish to care about anyone else.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I am still on the fence about this, not sure if I will ever pick a side.

I do feel bad for the Kercher Family, but I think that dude they have locked up right now is going to be their only source of "closure" if there is such a thing.

IF Amanda is innocent, she is a victim as well. Just as she said, had she been home she could have very well been killed too. I don't think she could have "saved" Meredith, the wounds were pretty deep. I can't be "mad" at her for receiving some financial compensation either. In the US we fork over money to inmates who are exonerated all the time, she did spend 4 years in jail and this case will follow her for the rest of her life. That would suck if she is really not guilty.

IF she is guilty, karma will catch up with her ass.
    My Posse's On Broadway

Quote Originally Posted by 1karenhb View Post
    I have never been able to get past seeing her and her ex making out just hours after Kercher's body was found. Wasn't upset at all. Who the hell does that?? My thoughts are with Kercher's family and having to go through this again.
    Yep I agree, making out, taking a shower after walking in the house seeing the blood all over the floor, doing cartwheels in the police station, singing laughing, yep NOT guilty at all, rriiiigggghhhhtttt.

Do you think Casey Anthony is pissed seeing how another 20 something is stealing all of the spot light at the moment?

Giada Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by slingshot View Post
    Yeppers, I see mucho dinero in her future. Books, interviews, a Lifetime movie....
    And the prosecution team typical males, planning on filing charges against her again. Oh how manly men hate to lose, especially Italian manly men

Quote Originally Posted by discod View Post
    One woman killing another in order to rape or have her raped by someone else? Not typically something women do................neither is raping and killing children but it is becoming more and more common nowadays....and think that Karla Holmoka and her nutty husband.....so it does happen.
    I also remember the stories of the kart wheels...this was at the police sation just after she was taken in for questioning......
    I think its Italys way of getting rid of all the bad publicity and just sending her home so they can get on with it....I still say she is guilty and even the parents believe just one person could not have been invloved.
    Absolutely possible, but I didn't see evidence of that being the motive, which was my issue. It's a big leap to say a girl is a bit loose to saying she is a satanic orgy rapist...I don't see evidence of that. I think it's possible she was involved, I just haven't seen any proof that convinces me of that. I think one person may have done it, but I am open to hearing about evidence that proves otherwise...I may be ignorant of any, not sure.

I am getting rather pissed though at some of the comments I am seeing from Americans on news websites about this. Italy has a "medieval" justice system is completely arrogant. My father is from Italy and I have been there, in many parts of Italy, including Northern Italy where this happened, it is just as modern as many other parts of Europe. Just because something isn't American doesn't mean it's stone aged. Also, didn't we, Americans, just kill Troy Davis who was convicted on just as little? And we took the man's life...So seriously...Some of these people need to get over themselves.

Also, some people are saying that the Kerchers are just "blood thirsty", which I think is completely rude and uncalled for. I think they've been nothing but tactful about this whole thing considering what they've been through. I also think ANYONE would be a bit blood thirsty if their sister/daughter was brutally raped and murdered. If there is more than one person involved as they are convinced of, I truly do not hold it against them that they want answers and justice for Meredith. Who the hell wouldn't?

I think the media coverage in Europe and America have been totally biased. Europe media has been biased against her and America's for her. I try to find something in the middle. I try only to look at the facts as I see them from what I know. I have not seen evidence which convinces me she was guilty, but I'm not ruling it out either.

"Not sure it was because she was American to be honest - I mean Sollecito was persued as vigorously as Knox, and he's Italian.

I still think their behaviour immediately after the event was just plain bizarre for 2 apparently innocent individuals. I can't believe that if they were as innocent as they claim to be that they would have behaved that way - changing their story more often than most of us change our underwear etc...it just makes them look SO guilty!!! And as my mum always says, if it walks like a duck, swims like a duck and quacks like a duck, it's not very likely to be a cow!!!!"

I agree Perdi. I think the changing stories could possibly be though from someone young and scared and in another country (in Amanda's case). It could also be from lying...I'm not sure which is the case with them. I find both of them very hard to read. The cartwheels and such...yes, that bothers me more than any other piece of evidence in this case...Totally inappropriate. Amanda does strike me as a bit immature and out there, though, so I'm not sure what to make of it. It doesn't make her guilty, but it definitely is bizarre, to say the least. With someone like Casey Anthony, she speaks to me of a pyschopath...which was why it was so easy for me to believe her behavior meant she was guilty. WIth these two, I don't see killers, not that you have to for them to be guilty, but I see dumb, immature kids, I could certainly be wrong tho. Certainly some people may look baby-faced and be guilty as sin. I'm not ruling it out.
    Last edited by GuiltyLittleDeathHag; 10-04-2011 at 03:09 PM.

Perdi Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by GuiltyLittleDeathHag View Post
    I am getting rather pissed though at some of the comments I am seeing from Americans on news websites about this. Italy has a "medieval" justice system is completely arrogant. My father is from Italy and I have been there, in many parts of Italy, including Northern Italy where this happened, it is just as modern as many other parts of Europe. Just because something isn't American doesn't mean it's stone aged. Also, didn't we, Americans, just kill Troy Davis who was convicted on just as little? And we took the man's life...So seriously...Some of these people need to get over themselves.

Also, some people are saying that the Kerchers are just "blood thirsty", which I think is completely rude and uncalled for. I think they've been nothing but tactful about this whole thing considering what they've been through. I also think ANYONE would be a bit blood thirsty if their sister/daughter was brutally raped and murdered. If there is more than one person involved as they are convinced of, I truly do not hold it against them that they want answers and justice for Meredith. Who the hell wouldn't?
    I couldn't agree with you more!!

I think there is always a perception that if it isn't in your own country it won't be as good - like if you get sick when you're abroad, there's the worry that the hospitals are going to be terribly backward because they're not (insert your nationality here) and all that sort of thing. Human nature I guess, but you're right, it's frustrating when you know it isn't the case!

In so far as the Kercher family is concerned, I think that when they have spoken publically, they have been exceptionally eloquent, and tremendously dignified! You can see that they are a close family unit, and it must be a comfort to them that they have each other.

can't wait for the Casey Anthony & Amanda Knox porno, woot woot!

I couldn't agree with you more!!

I think there is always a perception that if it isn't in your own country it won't be as good - like if you get sick when you're abroad, there's the worry that the hospitals are going to be terribly backward because they're not (insert your nationality here) and all that sort of thing. Human nature I guess, but you're right, it's frustrating when you know it isn't the case!

In so far as the Kercher family is concerned, I think that when they have spoken publically, they have been exceptionally eloquent, and tremendously dignified! You can see that they are a close family unit, and it must be a comfort to them that they have each other.
    I must admit, my father is from Partanna, Sicily, and, yes, this is a crap-hole, but northern Italy where this case happened is a different world and just as modern. Although I do think the prosecutor is a bit of a lunatic, but that happens everywhere.

And I bet the large number of people making these comments have never been to Italy nor do they truly know anything about the justice system there.

If anyone else is guilty, I just hope they are caught, whether it's Amanda and Rafaelle or anyone else. The Kerchers deserved to at least have some answers. Not knowing must be the worst part.

intothelight Guest
    I agree, Guiltylittledeathhag. Her family needs answers to at least put some sort of closure to it all for them.

Mammy Guest
    I know absolutely nothing about this case whatsoever, but I have heard her name several times lately and people saying she was beautiful, sexy, hot, etc. so I looked her up on the internet. Um...eww, I don't think she is even cute, nevermind sexy. I don't get it. Just out of curiousity, why would anyone be doing cartwheels in a police station? That ranks right up there with Darlie Routier and her silly string!

Quote Originally Posted by 1karenhb View Post
    I agree and I hate how the victim got lost in this. Very sad.

maybe they were comforting eachother in a very painful time? why can't two people kiss after a girl is murdered? it's not like they were playing rock, paper, scissors or doggy doggy diamond.

or turning cartwheels LOL