Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2345613 ... LastLast

Thread: Hillary Clinton

TNpuck Guest
    Another non-issue making more headlines than real issues. YAWN...

don't_axe_me Guest
    Ah felt her pain.......nah, not really

Snoopy Guest
    Not that I really know for sure who'll get my vote cuz I don't..but I really think Hillary can't win! and no I'm not sympathizing with her..People say she's too cold and Icy..they complain..She tears up.. she's weak and can't handle it..I think she's much like any public figure..everything she does is analyzed. I don't really care if her emotions were showing through but I don't want to see that on a regular basis .from her or anyone who wants to be President. I'm really undecided on my vote as of now..and her show of emotion did not sway me one way or another.

Cettie Guest
    I've met Hillary, frankly I liked Bill better. If she gets elected we're thinking about moving to Canada.

djdeath-hag Guest
    I am undecided but cannot & will not withhold my vote for any person just because they show that they're human by getting a bit choked up over something that they feel passionately about. Her "emotional side" has already been confirmed to not have been a set up & the woman who asked the question has already cast her vote for Obama. Time will tell who we have to choose from in November.

MbalmR Guest
    This whole thing confuses me. I thought Hillary couldn't run for president. Hasn't she already served twice?

(That's supposed to be facetious, for anyone who thinks I'm serious.)

The tearing up.......do you think it was a ploy? To "soften" her perceived demeanor? I think a lot of people see her as a ball-busting bitch, which she may or may not be, but I wondered if the tears were for show, like she put a cut onion in her suit coat pocket and sniffed it at an appropriate time?

I personally won't vote for her because I don't trust her, but I will give her this: she is remarkably articulate, and she DOES have a lot of experience. And it would be kind of be fun to have ol' Billy bee-bopping around the Oval Office again. However, the issues we face are far more serious than who can shed the biggest tear or how much fun their spouses are.

Noelle Page Guest
    whether it was real or for effect, either way it's embarrassing. I do not want to see any presidential candidate snivel. Total turnoff for me.

However, the issues we face are far more serious than who can shed the biggest tear or how much fun their spouses are.
    Yes, they always are.

djdeath-hag Guest
    In some ways, when I stop & think deeply about it.....I'm more inclined, not less, to vote for Hills.....if she were pre-menapausal, just think of the control she would have on the entire world community. Who would mess with a country with a hormonal woman with her hand on the button? (While Bill, man-o-whore, that he is, would have the time of his life back on the OTHER Hill....with his hands on loads of buttons!)
    NOTE: My above statement is NOT meant to imply anything derogatory about the fairer sex!

Noelle Page Guest
    I also wish Hillary would not begin every damn sentence with "well, y'know"....listen to her sometime, it's true.....ya wanna be president...act presidential.

djdeath-hag Guest
    At least the words that follow her "well, ya know" make sense & are real words. (I'm not making fun of or disrespecting anyone.....I'm just saying.)

Quote Originally Posted by djdeath-hag View Post
    At least the words that follow her "well, ya know" make sense & are real words.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Noelle Page Guest
    Well, y'know, she's gonna be president (my prediction) so good thing everyone's ok with it. ;-)

don't_axe_me Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Noelle Page View Post
    Well, y'know, she's gonna be president (my prediction) so good thing everyone's ok with it. ;-)

Not everyone....sorry

Ron Burgundy Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Noelle Page View Post
    You gotta be kidding....I'm not interested in turning this country into communist China.

and by the way, she won't be elected.

Noelle Page Guest
    Regardless of how I personally feel about it.....I am profoundly convinced it will happen. It will be close, it may be shocking to some, but it will happen. Just my prediction.

Anyway, at least it's an interesting race on both sides now.

RaRaRamona Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by soundqcar View Post
    You gotta be kidding....I'm not interested in turning this country into communist China.

and by the way, she won't be elected.
    I really don't see how she can be. She's too polarizing.

I'm interested to hear how people feel about spouses serving in the oval office. I just don't think it's right to have a husband serve then let his wife go for it too. A pres is allowed no more than 2 terms - no one ever expected a women to ever be able to run so mention was made of this situation. I just feel like it's the same as him serving again (all obvious jokes aside.)

Quote Originally Posted by RaRaRamona View Post
    I'm with Jaxxx. But I know what you're saying. I don't think we need a woman president right now. Other nations are not ready to deal with a woman. They don't respect their own females & would not deal with us as a nation if we had a woman leader. Especially since Iran & the middle East are front & center right now. I agree that emotions should be kept in check but there are times one can't control them. Of course pretending to care about others isn't a good reason. If she really cared that be different hahahahahaa.
    I would vote in a woman (not Hilary in particular) just to be IN THEIR FACE!!!! Like it or not, they would have to deal with the Prez of the US. Good thing I don't run the country, right, RaRa?

Ron Burgundy Guest
    I really don't see how she can be. She's too polarizing.

I'm interested to hear how people feel about spouses serving in the oval office. I just don't think it's right to have a husband serve then let his wife go for it too. A pres is allowed no more than 2 terms - no one ever expected a women to ever be able to run so mention was made of this situation. I just feel like it's the same as him serving again (all obvious jokes aside.)
    I'll just bet that Lying to a Grand Jury Bill is SO looking forward to being 'First Husband'......not!
    Last edited by Ron Burgundy; 01-10-2008 at 11:04 AM.

TNpuck Guest
    "blow job Bill"...how clever....NOT! lol

Ron Burgundy Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by TNpuck View Post
    Edited....better now?

Mamma Guest
    I preferred Man-O-Whore ... never hard that before .

OCEANLIGHTS Guest
    Hlillary cried when she lost in Iowa....Bill cried when she won in New Hampshire...What is wrong with these two??

Ron Burgundy Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by OCEANLIGHTS View Post
    Hlillary cried when she lost in Iowa....Bill cried when she won in New Hampshire...What is wrong with these two??
    Got an hour or two??

don't_axe_me Guest
    Got an hour or two??

Well said

TNpuck Guest
    Edited....better now?
    um.......no, not really.

Ron Burgundy Guest
    um.......no, not really.
    Didn't think it would be...

smooches27 Guest
    Didn't think it would be...
    I thought both were spot on and hilarious!!

halogirl5 Guest
    You do NOT want another Iron Lady, believe you me, whoever said that. However I'm from the north of England so what can you expect my opinion to be?!

Noelle Page Guest
    Sometimes tears work!

NOVSTORM Guest

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by Warmed Over View Post
    I was thinking of voting for her in the election this Novemeber(I'm independant.), then I saw her tearing up in public on the news today. What the Hell? She needs to Thatcher it up & get a little Iron Lady in her. That's ridiculous, you're running for President. Suck it up. Who'll take her seriously in any negotiations with other countries? How will she handle a real crisis? Sorry, I had to rant. That was disappointing. Maybe I'm a dick for saying this, but I don't want a weeper in the White House. Guess I'll go Obama.

Well I would rather see someone with an honest emotion than have them head back to the white house and hit the booze and have a line of coke lol No matter who is president they all should have some kind of reeal feelings.
    I would rather have her than someof the others.

Ron Burgundy Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by NOVSTORM View Post
    Well I would rather see someone with an honest emotion than have them head back to the white house and hit the booze and have a line of coke lol No matter who is president they all should have some kind of reeal feelings.
    I would rather have her than someof the others.
    If you think those tears weren't staged.....

Nothing that person does is above board....nothing.

djdeath-hag Guest
    Of course not, Bob! Only democrats are ever known to be misleading, we ALL know that. I'm so proud that our President has been so completely honest & forthcoming about everything since he took the oath of office. If only we could all become such honorable statesmen & incredibly gifted public speakers. I wish we could eliminate that silly rule of term limits....having "W" in office until everyone under the age of 40 is serving to build other nations would be our dream come true. Come to think of it, screw democracy, why not just utilize a government of one NUCULAR family? Would that make you happy? Next step, just slaughter everyone in the USofB who is not on board. Live freely Loving Bush or DIE! In Bush we trust! XOXOXO
    Last edited by djdeath-hag; 01-10-2008 at 09:50 PM. Reason: typo.....one of the failings of a Democrat.

RaRaRamona Guest
    Of course not, Bob! Only democrats are ever known to be misleading, we ALL know that. I'm so proud that our President has been so completely honest & forthcoming about everything since he took the oath of office. If only we could all become such honorable statesmen & incredibly gifted public speakers. I wish we could eliminate that silly rule of term limits....having "W" in office until everyone under the age of 40 is serving to build other nations would be our dream come true. Come to think of it, screw democracy, why not just utilize a government of one NUCULAR family? Would that make you happy? Next step, just slaughter everyone in the USofB who is not on board. Live freely Loving Bush or DIE! In Bush we trust! XOXOXO
    Bitter much?

RaRaRamona Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by lulubaines View Post
    I would vote in a woman (not Hilary in particular) just to be IN THEIR FACE!!!! Like it or not, they would have to deal with the Prez of the US. Good thing I don't run the country, right, RaRa?
    Well, that's kind of what I mean. I was referring to other cultures - Condi is not excepted in some areas & she's more educated than all of them put together. It's not about being IN THEIR FACES it's about respect their cultures so we can try to get somewhere. Either I haven't explained well or you just aren't understanding. I certainly meant no ill will towards women - hello I am one.

djdeath-hag Guest
    Bitter much?
    Not so much as you might think, Ramona. I'm just trying to present more than one side here. As I've said before, my vote (whether it is counted or not) is still undecided. I'm not into political worship.....but when more of the chatter is taking swipes at all things not G.O.P., I believe that I have as much right as anyone to disagree.

RaRaRamona Guest
    Certainly you do, I just thought you came out swinging.

djdeath-hag Guest
    I don't swing...I just saunter, swish & sway! LOL

Not so much as you might think, Ramona. I'm just trying to present more than one side here. As I've said before, my vote (whether it is counted or not) is still undecided. I'm not into political worship.....but when more of the chatter is taking swipes at all things not G.O.P., I believe that I have as much right as anyone to disagree.
    That, you do.

Ron Burgundy Guest
    Dennis,

As I've said before, my problems lie solely with the Clinton's....and more specifically with Hillary....not the Democratic party in general. Just because I take swipes at those two, doesn't mean I am bashing the entire party. While I don't with taking from the people who have earned, and giving it to the people that refuse to, there are plenty of Dem's that I wouldn't mind seeing in the Oval Office....just not Hillary Clinton.

As an aside, just because I am a registered republican, doesn't mean I must like George Bush. Fact is, I don't care too much for George Bush personally.

I do think it kind of funny that you felt that more of the chatter is directed towards all things not G.O.P.....as I think if you'll look carefully, this board is overwelmingly anti-bush.

Dennis,

As I've said before, my problems lie solely with the Clinton's....and more specifically with Hillary....not the Democratic party in general. Just because I take swipes at those two, doesn't mean I am bashing the entire party. While I don't with taking from the people who have earned, and giving it to the people that refuse to, there are plenty of Dem's that I wouldn't mind seeing in the Oval Office....just not Hillary Clinton.

As an aside, just because I am a registered republican, doesn't mean I must like George Bush. Fact is, I don't care too much for George Bush personally.

I do think it kind of funny that you felt that more of the chatter is directed towards all things not G.O.P.....as I think if you'll look carefully, this board is overwelmingly anti-bush.
    I think this board is a reflection of our country right now. There are more anti-bush americans than pro-bush.

Well, that's kind of what I mean. I was referring to other cultures - Condi is not excepted in some areas & she's more educated than all of them put together. It's not about being IN THEIR FACES it's about respect their cultures so we can try to get somewhere. Either I haven't explained well or you just aren't understanding. I certainly meant no ill will towards women - hello I am one.
    I didn't think you disrespected women. Not at all. My point was: I will cut off my nose to spite my face,a lot of times! LOL

don't_axe_me Guest
    I don't swing...I just saunter, swish & sway! LOL
    You go!

Well, that's kind of what I mean. I was referring to other cultures - Condi is not excepted in some areas & she's more educated than all of them put together. It's not about being IN THEIR FACES it's about respect their cultures so we can try to get somewhere.
    that's like saying that l should stay in the kitchen, instead of working outside the home, because some men are chauvinistic and won't respect me at the office.
    if hillary were president, 'they' would have to deal with her as the person in charge of the most powerful country in the world. period.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

TNpuck Guest
    If Hillary got elected the only sound you hear would be thousands of neocons killing themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaxxx View Post
    LOL, she's either dumb as a rock,or smarter them hell. Can't decide
    I vote dumb as a rock,

RaRaRamona Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Finnegan View Post
    that's like saying that l should stay in the kitchen, instead of working outside the home, because some men are chauvinistic and won't respect me at the office.
    if hillary were president, 'they' would have to deal with her as the person in charge of the most powerful country in the world. period.
    Actually I don't think it's like that at all. In the office you're not dealing with maniacal men who would kill as woman rather than look at her as an equal. I am honestly confused about how you think this is the same thing. We're at a crossroads in the world & things are hanging by a string. We have to be careful what we do & how we do it.

*shrug*
    so have fun voting for whatever penis you think the terrorists will approve of
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Snoopy Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Finnegan View Post
    *shrug*
    so have fun voting for whatever penis you think the terrorists will approve of
    Well I am kind of with you on this one Finnegan.

Ya know...this is bad for 2 reasons:

1) Fake as a $3 bill
    2) That little bit of "weakness" only stengthens the mindset of any individual who thinks that a woman will lead with emotion more that intelligence. I know we've all heard the comedians and all talk about how a woman would attack a country b/c of a "bad hair day". I know that particular instance is far-fetched, but I believe this...shenanigan plays right in to that basic theory.

DISCLAIMER: I do not feel this way...please don't attack me....please?