Thread: Gunman Kills 10 In California At Star Ballroom Dance Studio.

Gunman Kills 10 In California At Star Ballroom Dance Studio.

MONTEREY PARK, Calif. (AP) — A gunman killed 10 people at a ballroom dance studio amid Lunar New Year celebrations and then may have tried — but failed — to target a second dance hall, authorities said Sunday. An urgent search was underway across the Los Angeles area for the suspect.
    LA County Sheriff Robert Luna said the shooting at the Star Ballroom Dance Studio in Monterey Park left five women and five men dead and wounded another 10 people. Then 20 to 30 minutes later, a man with a gun entered the Lai Lai Ballroom in nearby Alhambra.
    https://www.yahoo.com/news/police-re...095431260.html

The suspect is an Asian male, beore I read further in the article I thought the guy would be white and it was a racist attack. Monterey Parkk is mainly the Asian district.
    Last edited by pkstracy; 01-22-2023 at 12:54 PM.

California mass shooting suspect found dead after traffic stop:

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...rnia-rcna66877

72 years old I wonder why he did it.

They haven't discussed motive yet.

Quote Originally Posted by SomeChick View Post
    They haven't discussed motive yet.
    People who knew him said he had met his wife there and at some point decided that the instructors 'had said evil things about him'. Whether that will help finding out why I don't know. All I can say is thank god for the son of the owners, if he hadn't stopped him, it could have been so much worse.

ShellC, I just read that..wonder if just grew bitter seeing all the couples there and remembering when he met his exwife and the happy times, who knows, sad that he felt he had to go in there and take lives, the death toll is at 11 now.

Quote Originally Posted by pkstracy View Post
    ShellC, I just read that..wonder if just grew bitter seeing all the couples there and remembering when he met his exwife and the happy times, who knows, sad that he felt he had to go in there and take lives, the death toll is at 11 now.
    That's what I was thinking. Possibly had a grudge against people who may have shunned him or cut him out of their group since the divorce. I've seen that happen.
    Today you could be standing next to someone who is trying their best not to fall apart. So whatever you do today, do it with kindness.