Results 1 to 16 of 16

Thread: Mystery surrounds American deaths in Dominican Republic

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    toronto, canada ( Etobicoke)
    Posts
    4,701

    Mystery surrounds American deaths in Dominican Republic


  2. #2
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Bulldog Town
    Posts
    37,262
    Moved the thread here until we know for sure that a crime has been committed.

    I've been keeping up with this. Why not other nationalities? The writer in me is thinking "serial killer."
    Last edited by cindyt; 06-12-2019 at 12:44 PM.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Burlington,Ontario,Canada
    Posts
    3,378
    Could very well be. If it is a serial killer then it would have to be someone who works there, and is choosing them at random. Scary.
    To really know people is to be able to read between the lines on their faces.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Bulldog Town
    Posts
    37,262
    Quote Originally Posted by Mansfield67 View Post
    Could very well be. If it is a serial killer then it would have to be someone who works there, and is choosing them at random. Scary.
    My thoughts exactly.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    San Diego CA
    Posts
    5,588
    I am thinking serial killer as well.
    "My Darling Girl ,when are you going to realize that being normal is not necessarily a virtue? It rather denotes a lack of courage." ~Aunt Frances~ #METOO grandpa Jan 8,1927-March 9, 2006 Grandma Nov 6, 1926-June 28, 2018. Forever loved and missed always in my heart.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    toronto, canada ( Etobicoke)
    Posts
    4,701
    Brother of Barbara Corcoran died in Dominican Republic hotel

    https://nypost.com/2019/06/12/brothe...l-after-drink/

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    6,364
    Seems a bit much to be unfortunate circumstances - especially when you have couples dying at the same time and place.
    A faulty hypothesis forming:
    A German scientist using Iranian physics and French mathematics.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Middle of the road
    Posts
    1,755
    Wow, 47 got sick at a DR resort in April. They suspect it was something in the pool or the swim up pool bar. Some tested positive for Salmonella, some did not, one died after moving to a different resort.

    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...o=taboola_feed

    DR is a popular destination for all you can drink resorts. Messing with the alcohol would be the perfect way to hurt Americans.
    Morgan

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    6,364
    I wonder if any of these people have been "swimming with the dolphins" or manta rays or something like that.
    I went on a cruise to Mexico several years ago. Some of my travelling companions did the swim with the dolphins thing; they all got violently ill the next day with stomach problems similar to food poisoning. Those of us who didn't do the swim were fine.

    But this new story about the 47 people all getting sick raises an even bigger question than what's going on down there:
    How can people be such seriously huge fans of Jimmy Buffet that they form a fan club like that and take "Parrot Head" vacations together?

    That is really, really, mystifying.
    A faulty hypothesis forming:
    A German scientist using Iranian physics and French mathematics.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    toronto, canada ( Etobicoke)
    Posts
    4,701

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    6,364
    Quote Originally Posted by cash View Post
    Any of them get sick?
    A faulty hypothesis forming:
    A German scientist using Iranian physics and French mathematics.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Bulldog Town
    Posts
    37,262
    Quote Originally Posted by JimC View Post
    I wonder if any of these people have been "swimming with the dolphins" or manta rays or something like that.
    I went on a cruise to Mexico several years ago. Some of my travelling companions did the swim with the dolphins thing; they all got violently ill the next day with stomach problems similar to food poisoning. Those of us who didn't do the swim were fine.

    But this new story about the 47 people all getting sick raises an even bigger question than what's going on down there:
    How can people be such seriously huge fans of Jimmy Buffet that they form a fan club like that and take "Parrot Head" vacations together?

    That is really, really, mystifying.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    toronto, canada ( Etobicoke)
    Posts
    4,701
    FBI testing minibar samples at Dominican Republic resort

    https://nypost.com/2019/06/19/fbi-te...esorts-report/

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    1,163
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWrath of MadelineKahn View Post
    Wow, 47 got sick at a DR resort in April. They suspect it was something in the pool or the swim up pool bar. Some tested positive for Salmonella, some did not, one died after moving to a different resort.

    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...o=taboola_feed

    DR is a popular destination for all you can drink resorts. Messing with the alcohol would be the perfect way to hurt Americans.
    I've seen quite a few people on different sites pointing to the booze. They say quite a few resorts in the DR are known for claiming stuff is high end and charging for it but the truth is it is actually mixed with hooch that's been made locally and has all different kinds of crap in it. They pocket the money and it's not unknown for the authorities to turn the other way in exchange for a cut. Whether it turns out to be true or not, I guess we'll see.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Southern Indiana
    Posts
    3,983
    I think I would choose my vacation elsewhere.
    Last edited by Leasie; 06-25-2019 at 01:21 PM.

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    4,997
    Quote Originally Posted by cash View Post
    FBI testing minibar samples at Dominican Republic resort


    https://nypost.com/2019/06/19/fbi-te...esorts-report/
    True, this seems like the most right one.
    Carolyn(1958-2009) always in my heart.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •