Thread: Steve Lawrence Announces Alzheimer's Diagnosis

Steve Lawrence Announces Alzheimer's Diagnosis

Very sad.
    That disease sucks.

I read an article just the other day that researchers are seeing some very promising results with a new vaccine that seems to control or even reverse the buildup of "plaque", called "Tau"; that seems to be a common hallmark in the brains of those afflicted with the disease.

The experiments, so far only conducted with mice, seem to show improved cognitive abilities after treatment.

That's great and all - but forget about the mice for a minute - let's invent a drug that will help control it in people.
    A faulty hypothesis forming:
    A German scientist using Iranian physics and French mathematics.

Quote Originally Posted by JimC View Post
    Very sad.
    That disease sucks.

I read an article just the other day that researchers are seeing some very promising results with a new vaccine that seems to control or even reverse the buildup of "plaque", called "Tau"; that seems to be a common hallmark in the brains of those afflicted with the disease.

The experiments, so far only conducted with mice, seem to show improved cognitive abilities after treatment.

That's great and all - but forget about the mice for a minute - let's invent a drug that will help control it in people.

Pfizer had clues its blockbuster drug could prevent Alzheimer’s. Why didn’t it tell the world? https://www.washingtonpost.com/busin...=.b0eff947225b

Last edited by cindyt; 06-12-2019 at 06:21 AM.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Sad news to hear about this.
    Carolyn(1958-2009) always in my heart.

Quote Originally Posted by cindyt View Post

Pfizer had clues its blockbuster drug could prevent Alzheimer’s. Why didn’t it tell the world? https://www.washingtonpost.com/busin...=.b0eff947225b
    Even if it "didn't make sense" for them to do further trials\testing, I would think there was an ethical mandate to make their findings widely known to the scientific community, and to facilitate studies others might undertake.

Quote Originally Posted by JimC View Post
    Even if it "didn't make sense" for them to do further trials\testing, I would think there was an ethical mandate to make their findings widely known to the scientific community, and to facilitate studies others might undertake.
    But, Jim, if it turned out to be a cure, it would cut out their insurance profits.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

But, Jim, if it turned out to be a cure, it would cut out their insurance profits.
    Well, if they were lucky; there might be some other disease afflicting humankind that they could profit from.

I agree. And the drugs they are giving to my Mother are not helping her.