Thread: 40 killed, 20 wounded at mosques in New Zealand

40 killed, 20 wounded at mosques in New Zealand

https://www.cnn.com/asia/live-news/new-zealand-christchurch-shooting-intl/index.html

From Wikipedia: "Gun laws in New Zealand are notably more permissive than other countries in the Pacific."

Yeah, I kinda had a feeling.
    Last edited by Admin Cindy; 03-15-2019 at 02:07 AM. Reason: Fixed dead link
    Sincerely yours,
    Upset

the shooter had a head camera and part of the massacre is online. I haven't been able to find it.

Sad that these kind of tragedies keep happening.

Death toll is now 49 and 48 wounded.

Quote Originally Posted by cash View Post
    the shooter had a head camera and part of the massacre is online. I haven't been able to find it.
    Scott posted a link to the video on Liveleak late last night (on the Facebook page), and I was able to view it. I guess sometimes being a night owl is a good thing.

It appears to have been removed from Liveleak.

It was a crazy video, between 9 and 10 minutes IIRC. It showed one of the attacks. He walks in, shoots a bunch of people, goes outside and shoots, and then goes back in and shoots the bodies that lay on the floor. I was trying to count them, because at that point no numbers had been given, and it was definitely at least in the 30s, and most if not all of them had to be dead, because he kept firing into the bodies, and there was no reaction other than from the impact of the shot. He fired SO many rounds.

All I can find now on Liveleak is this, which is the very beginning of the video I saw. It stops right before he fires the first shot. I guess that's all they are allowing to be posted at this point, although I wouldn't be surprised to see it resurface.

https://www.liveleak.com/view?t=9VssD_1552618522
    Last edited by Upset; 03-15-2019 at 07:02 PM.
    Sincerely yours,
    Upset

Quote Originally Posted by cash View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Upset View Post
    Scott posted a link to the video on Liveleak late last night (on the Facebook page), and I was able to view it. I guess sometimes being a night owl is a good thing......
    https://www.liveleak.com/view?t=9VssD_1552618522
    I was up late last night too and found it on LiveLeak by googling it. I think it had JUST happened. Then I saw Scott's post and about an hour and change after that it was gone. LiveLeak was completely down.

I was just so floored at the fact that this guy came back in two or three times and shot the same bodies. What was going through my mind was, "Well so much for my plan to lie still and play dead if something like that ever happened to me." I also thought, "This guy is so casual about it. It's like he's playing Call of Duty."
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Domino View Post
    I was up late last night too and found it on LiveLeak by googling it. I think it had JUST happened. Then I saw Scott's post and about an hour and change after that it was gone. LiveLeak was completely down.

I was just so floored at the fact that this guy came back in two or three times and shot the same bodies. What was going through my mind was, "Well so much for my plan to lie still and play dead if something like that ever happened to me." I also thought, "This guy is so casual about it. It's like he's playing Call of Duty."
    I saw the video as well and the shooter was very brazen, like he didn't have a care in the world and certainly took his time making sure his evil reign of terror was successful. I'm from NZ and I think most of the country is in a state a shock. People believe NZ is this safe and quiet country when in actual fact we are just like everywhere else, just on a smaller scale. The darkness creeps out of cracks everywhere, NZ has now joined the rest of the world and lost their false sense of security. RIP to all the people who lost their lives and my deepest sympathies to all the families this has affected.

Wow. RIP to the victims. This is never going to end.

It's been reported there were kids hurt and at least one has 14 year old has died. I don't get why he would go after anyone but kids...SMDH.

What I did notice was lot of his family have been interviewed and not one person is defending him or making excuses like some do with one cousin even saying he deserved the DP.

10. 03-19-2019, 09:02 PM

11. 03-19-2019, 09:07 PM

Assault rifles to be banned in New Zealand in aftermath of massacre. Well done.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/03/20/asia/...ntl/index.html

Birthplace of the Rocky Horror Picture Show
    as much as it pains me to say this as the video and manifesto are now illegal here in nz, documenting reality has the videos and the aftermath video
    I love you and miss you dad, Antun Perdija 27-06-41 - 28-12-00
    RIP Daniel Colvin 5 June 1974 - 7 June 2011, Best Friend, lover, fiancee

RIP David Edgar, 2 Dec 1953 - 10 June 2011, Uncle
    RIP Agnes Steele Edgar, 17 May 1926 - 4 July 2011, Grandmother

Birthplace of the Rocky Horror Picture Show
    50 people murdered in NZ is the statistical equivalent by population of a mass killing of 3344 people in the USA. For my non Kiwi friends, I hope that puts into perspective is how small our country is and how big this devastating event is.

it is a shock to us all here, but it has done nothing but pull us together as a nation and as people, this is something that is going to haunt us for a long time yet
    I love you and miss you dad, Antun Perdija 27-06-41 - 28-12-00
    RIP Daniel Colvin 5 June 1974 - 7 June 2011, Best Friend, lover, fiancee

RIP David Edgar, 2 Dec 1953 - 10 June 2011, Uncle
    RIP Agnes Steele Edgar, 17 May 1926 - 4 July 2011, Grandmother

Quote Originally Posted by findadeathaddict View Post
    Wow. RIP to the victims. This is never going to end.
    sadly, I think not.
    Carolyn(1958-2009) always in my heart.