Thread: Beverley Owen passed away (the first Marilyn Munster)

Beverley Owen passed away (the first Marilyn Munster)

https://ew.com/tv/2019/02/25/beverle...-actress-dies/

As far as I know, she and Pat Priest (the 2nd Marilyn Munster) never met. Beverly left the show, returned to NY to marry her boyfriend. As she stated in an interview, the marriage ended in divorce but she got two wonderful daughters out of the marriage. She also said she was naïve and signed "one of those seven-year Hollywood Contracts" without really reading it etc. The realization that she and her boyfriend would be on separate sides of the country caused her to cry on the set, which apparently bugged the shit out of Yvonne DeCarlo. Al Lewis and Fred Gwynne were more sympathetic and demanded that either Beverley be allowed out of her contract or they (Fred and Al) would refuse to show up for work. Apparently the executives thought Beverley's crying was a ploy to get more money and they refused to let her quit.

Here's a documentary on the show:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gX_s449BVeE

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	104C.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	32.8 KB 
ID:	54788beverley owen

Name:	104B.jpeg 
Size:	91.7 KB 
ID:	54789beverley owen

Name:	104A.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	20.5 KB 
ID:	54790beverley owen

************************************************************************************* *************

pat priest Click image for larger version. 

Name:	104D.jpg 
Size:	182.7 KB 
ID:	54791
    KELT' HOME FOR WAYWARD YOUTH-
    Helping Young Men To Turn Around For Over Twenty Years !

For a show that was about creepy things and ghouls, it sure had a lot of beautiful actresses - Beverley Owen, Yvonne DeCarlo, and Pat Priest. Watching interviews, Beverley Owen was a bit self-depreciating. Pat Priest seems to be that way now, too. However, these women were stunning.
    The reason a dog has so many friends is because he wags his tail instead of his tongue.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave62 View Post
    https://ew.com/tv/2019/02/25/beverle...-actress-dies/

As far as I know, she and Pat Priest (the 2nd Marilyn Munster) never met. Beverly left the show, returned to NY to marry her boyfriend. As she stated in an interview, the marriage ended in divorce but she got two wonderful daughters out of the marriage. She also said she was naïve and signed "one of those seven-year Hollywood Contracts" without really reading it etc. The realization that she and her boyfriend would be on separate sides of the country caused her to cry on the set, which apparently bugged the shit out of Yvonne DeCarlo. Al Lewis and Fred Gwynne were more sympathetic and demanded that either Beverley be allowed out of her contract or they (Fred and Al) would refuse to show up for work. Apparently the executives thought Beverley's crying was a ploy to get more money and they refused to let her quit.

Here's a documentary on the show:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gX_s449BVeE
    I find it kind of sad that she left a top show to be with her
    love and get married (that ended in divorce)
    Maybe she could of had more fame and money if she
    stayed on the hit sitcom.
    Carolyn(1958-2009) always in my heart.

Somewhere on Youtube is a video of Pat and Butch at some comic con-type convention. They were at a Q & A (terrible audio) but I do recall someone asking Pat what her favorite episode was. She laughed and said "any episode where I got to say something other than 'Gee Grandpa, do you think that's a good idea?' or 'Oh Aunt Lily, what are we going to do?". I forget what her favorite episode was, probably she said the Fragosi-emerald episode where Marilyn was more involved. Maybe Beverley wasn't that certain she wanted to be an actress.
    Maybe the dynamics between the actors during those first 13 episodes was too tense for her and added to her stress. Yvonne warned both Beverley and Pat (when she replaced Beverley) not to upstage her. Al read the Riot Act to Yvonne at the start when she kept one and all waiting and waiting for her to leave her dressing room. I adore Yvonne, but one of the crew admitted she usually got to the set crabby and stayed that way. Poor Yvonne had a hubby at home recovering from surgery (stunt-job on "How the West was Won" went wrong, he had a limb amputated). Like it or not, Yvonne had to get there early and endure a lengthy make-up session and the long heavy wig would give her severe headaches. Beverley herself wore a blond wig for the show.

The producers pulled a really shitty move at the end of the series. They supposedly came on the set to announce they were definitely making a feature film of the Munsters, but they pointedly told Pat in front of one and all that she wasn't part of the cast, i.e., they were getting someone else to play Marilyn. And the movie Marilyn was a redhead, for Pete's Sake. Took away from the whole joke of Marilyn Munster being a mix of Sandra Dee and Marilyn Monroe. If she looked like neither Dee or Monroe it made no comic sense.

I think the reason they did that was because Pat Priest was getting close to 30. I believe that they used Debbie Watson. Nothing against Debbie Watson, but Pat Priest still was very beautiful. I think that she should have stayed in the movie.
    The reason a dog has so many friends is because he wags his tail instead of his tongue.

Rest in peace Beautiful lady