Thread: Actor and singer PETER TORK 1942-2019

Actor and singer PETER TORK 1942-2019

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	104A.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	29.3 KB 
ID:	54785

Actor and singer PETER TORK most famous for being one of the four MONKEES has died. He turned 77 just last week.
    KELT' HOME FOR WAYWARD YOUTH-
    Helping Young Men To Turn Around For Over Twenty Years !

The group and their TV show were a big part of my pre teen years. Even now hearing one of their songs brings back some good memories. RIP Peter.
    Today you could be standing next to someone who is trying their best not to fall apart. So whatever you do today, do it with kindness.

Quote Originally Posted by Mansfield67 View Post
    The group and their TV show were a big part of my pre teen years. Even now hearing one of their songs brings back some good memories. RIP Peter.
    Mine too. RIP Sir.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

4. 02-21-2019, 03:19 PM

One of my favorite songs that Peter co-wrote. Timeless message.
    Today you could be standing next to someone who is trying their best not to fall apart. So whatever you do today, do it with kindness.

RIP.

I've followed his Facebook page for a long time and last year he noted that he had some medical issues. He also said that he wouldn't discuss them in public. I loved the Monkee's as a kid.

RIP.

Fought the cancer for almost ten years... Was portrayed on "The Monkees" as "the dummy", but was actually an accomplished musician, and always came across as a very decent person.

Amen.

Quote Originally Posted by cindyt View Post
    Mine too. RIP Sir.
    Yep.

Quote Originally Posted by john*thomas View Post
    I've followed his Facebook page for a long time and last year he noted that he had some medical issues. He also said that he wouldn't discuss them in public. I loved the Monkee's as a kid.

RIP.
    He was diagnosed with some rare form of tongue cancer, I think in 2009.
    My understanding is that he was a serious musician, having learned piano, banjo and guitar at an early age; and having studied French horn in college.

He was probably my "favorite Monkee", I still remember seeing articles about him in the music and teen mags of the day.
    Once back in the late 80's, I was washing clothes at a coin laundry and started talking to a young guy in there. We started talking about music and he asked, "You know who the best band out there is today? "The Monkees", he said. I was shocked and maybe a bit amused that a guy maybe in his late teens was saying that in 1989 or so. They were in the middle of their "comeback" That Was Then, This Is Now Tour.

I saw an interview with Mickey Dolenz once in which he compared the Monkees turning into a real band to Leonard Nimoy becoming a real Vulcan.

RIP, Peter Thorkelson.
    A faulty hypothesis forming:
    A German scientist using Iranian physics and French mathematics.

RIP. no more monkeying around

11. 02-21-2019, 09:12 PM

I remember when the Monkees had their resurgence in the 80s. MtV shows their show, and I was in love with Mickey Dolenz. I liked all these guys though. My dad even took me to see them live when they toured after all that. It was fun!
    RIP Peter.

13. 02-22-2019, 11:51 AM

I so agree.
    Carolyn(1958-2009) always in my heart.

Quote Originally Posted by KELT View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	104A.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	29.3 KB 
ID:	54785

Actor and singer PETER TORK most famous for being one of the four MONKEES has died. He turned 77 just last week.
    edited: I must be getting old. I have no memory of already posting in this thread just 6 days ago. RIP Peter!

Rest in peace Peter my favorite Monkey

Admin Cindy Guest
    The Monkees was my first ever album.

Peter Tork(elson) just seemed to be a nice guy. Peter was a musical whiz, and always seemed to be the man you'd like to know.
    For a fabricated band, these guys knocked out some pretty good music. Talent will do that.

Peter sure was cute.
    The reason a dog has so many friends is because he wags his tail instead of his tongue.

I still watch Monkees marathons whenever they're on. They were ahead of their time.

Admin Cindy Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by SomeChick View Post
    I still watch Monkees marathons whenever they're on. They were ahead of their time.
    I didn't know they were still running. I might see if Amazon Prime Video offers that series.

Quote Originally Posted by PooBah McGee View Post
    Peter Tork(elson) just seemed to be a nice guy. Peter was a musical whiz, and always seemed to be the man you'd like to know.
    For a fabricated band, these guys knocked out some pretty good music. Talent will do that.
    I saw an interview with Mickey Dolenz from a few years ago in which he expressed amazement that the Monkees started out as a TV band but actually became a real one. He commented that it was like Leonard Nimoy becoming a real Vulcan.

Admin Cindy Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by JimC View Post
    I saw an interview with Mickey Dolenz from a few years ago in which he expressed amazement that the Monkees started out as a TV band but actually became a real one. He commented that it was like Leonard Nimoy becoming a real Vulcan.
    I remember going around with my transistor radio listening to a Beatles vs Monkee's music faceoff.

Last edited by Admin Cindy; 03-15-2019 at 07:12 PM. Reason: Corrected grammar

Who won?

Admin Cindy Guest
    Who won?
    The Beatles.

Shocking.
    So the band that started as a band and went on to make movies, beat the band that started as TV show characters and went on to be a real band.

I'm watching a face-off between between Zachary Quinto and Leonard Nimoy to see which one is a real Vulcan.
    In my head.

Is it a tie?

Is it a tie?
    It was neck and neck but Quinto was obviously pulling ahead.
    Then suddenly, with no warning whatsoever; a troop of 12 or 15 flying Italian Butt Monkeys exploded from Nimoy's ass with great clamor and screeching; causing Quinto to scream like a little bitch while Nimoy remained stoic; thus proving by example under fire who the REAL Vulcan was.

Nimoy wins.

It was neck and neck but Quinto was obviously pulling ahead.
    Then suddenly, with no warning whatsoever; a troop of 12 or 15 flying Italian Butt Monkeys exploded from Nimoy's ass with great clamor and screeching; causing Quinto to scream like a little bitch while Nimoy remained stoic; thus proving by example under fire who the REAL Vulcan was.

Nimoy wins.
    All hail Spock!

What do you think would've happened if the Monkees had guest starred on the original Star Trek?

All hail Spock!

What do you think would've happened if the Monkees had guest starred on the original Star Trek?
    Which Spock - Quinto or Nimoy?

It probably would have been a lot like those episodes with Clint Howard and Melvin Belli, except also with Tribbles.
    And no doubt, Mickey would have had Scotty smoking weed back behind the Matter\Anti-Matter Reaction Assembly, after which they would have repeatedly beamed McCoy all over the ship just for yucks. You know - just as he starts to materialize on the bridge bitching about having his atoms scrambled, he's off to Engineering...

Very bummed out that Peter passed - The Monkees were mine, and most of my friends introduction to music and the fun that could be had by performing - Met Peter a few times and he was generally more stand-offish than the rest of the band. One of my prized record posessions, signed by all four of the boys ! Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1a monkees.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	90.4 KB 
ID:	54817
    Last edited by Willy; 04-03-2019 at 10:15 AM.