Thread: Jussie Smollett

Jussie Smollett

I never heard of this guy until last week. He is burning up the internet. It appears he staged an attack on himself and tried to blame it on some MAGA/Trump supporters. If true he is an idiot.

https://chicago.cbslocal.com/2019/02...staged-attack/

Yeah.
    I thought it sounded a little sketchy when news of the attack broke but I figured, "Who the hell would make up something like that?"

Then I started hearing that he might have staged it for sympathy or to make headlines because he was being written off the show he's on.

Still, I doubted it because who the hell would make up something like that?
    Plus, we all know that the Trump Collective has nothing but respect and empathy for all humans everywhere, especially gay, Black American actors.
    Assigning credibility to his claim would require us to accept the notion that not one - but TWO - Trump bots harbored ill will toward another human being; and that's just a bit of a stretch, I'd say.
    Last edited by JimC; 02-18-2019 at 06:29 PM.
    A faulty hypothesis forming:
    A German scientist using Iranian physics and French mathematics.

Quote Originally Posted by cash View Post
    I never heard of this guy until last week. He is burning up the internet. It appears he staged an attack on himself and tried to blame it on some MAGA/Trump supporters. If true he is an idiot.

https://chicago.cbslocal.com/2019/02...staged-attack/
    More than just an idiot, he must have mental health issues. I think he is lying. I saw his photo after the alleged attack, one small cut and it looked like he had cotton batten in his mouth to make his face look swollen. That was a red flag right there. A friend of mine got gay bashed years ago and he was beaten senseless. They are trying to make it look like he is being framed by racist cops now, or at least that's the spin they are trying to work. I don't think so, he staged this for whatever reason and should be charged as anyone else would be.
    Today you could be standing next to someone who is trying their best not to fall apart. So whatever you do today, do it with kindness.

Quote Originally Posted by Mansfield67 View Post
    More than just an idiot, he must have mental health issues. I think he is lying. I saw his photo after the alleged attack, one small cut and it looked like he had cotton batten in his mouth to make his face look swollen. That was a red flag right there. A friend of mine got gay bashed years ago and he was beaten senseless. They are trying to make it look like he is being framed by racist cops now, or at least that's the spin they are trying to work. I don't think so, he staged this for whatever reason and should be charged as anyone else would be.
    Sadly, very true.
    Carolyn(1958-2009) always in my heart.

I agree. People who commit hate crimes usually bash their victims sometimes to the point of death.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

He was a You Tube wanna be. He was just playing the Social Media Trigger frenzy effect. I thought it was BS from the get go, but I am trying to learn to wait a week or so on crap like this. Let's the dust settle.
    Stay in Drugs. Eat your School. Don't do Vegetables.

What's worse is if it genuinely happens in the near future to someone, I guarantee there will be an outcry of people saying they made it up just like he did.

Oh absolutely. If he did this because he is anti Trump just saying so would have sufficed. Obviously he wanted to make a bigger statement for all to see and hear about. Starting a potential shit storm to suit your agenda is not only dangerous but could prove deadly to others caught in a real situation.
    Today you could be standing next to someone who is trying their best not to fall apart. So whatever you do today, do it with kindness.

Now charged with a class 4 felony.

It must be a very satisfying feeling.
    He wanted lots of attention - his plan seems to be working toward that end.

mugshot

What angers me is that he is of mixed heritage, his father was white and his mother is black. What he has done helps no one. What a pathetic excuse for a human being.
    Last edited by Mansfield67; 02-21-2019 at 03:52 PM.

All charges dropped but he is not exonerated. WTH ???

https://pagesix.com/2019/03/26/chica...105.1553145008

Quote Originally Posted by cash View Post
    All charges dropped but he is not exonerated. WTH ???

https://pagesix.com/2019/03/26/chica...105.1553145008
    I am more inclined to say WTF?

I don't condone or encourage violence of course; but doing what he did might be enough to make some people want to jump him on a dark street and slap him around a bit and call him derogatory names and such.

If that were to happen, then his original claims would become largely true; and he wouldn't even have to report the incident what with it having already been reported before it happened.

Quote Originally Posted by JimC View Post
    I don't condone or encourage violence of course; but doing what he did might be enough to make some people want to jump him on a dark street and slap him around a bit and call him derogatory names and such.

If that were to happen, then his original claims would become largely true; and he wouldn't even have to report the incident what with it having already been reported before it happened.
    I think we can all agree that most white men wearing Maga hats are
    racist scum.
    So one can see this hate crime happen.
    Last edited by theotherlondon; 03-29-2019 at 03:22 PM.

While I don't agree with the hat making them racist, they don't do themselves a favor by blatantly wearing it in a place that they know it might offend someone. It's just asking for trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDude View Post
    While I don't agree with the hat making them racist, they don't do themselves a favor by blatantly wearing it in a place that they know it might offend someone. It's just asking for trouble.
    Very true.

Empire is getting canceled. I hope Jessie doesn't beat himself up over it.
    Stay in Drugs. Eat your School. Don't do Vegetables.

What angers me is that he is of mixed heritage, his father was white and his mother is black. What he has done helps no one. What a pathetic excuse for a human being.
    He should leave that show today.

I was hoping they would have fired him before they cancelled the show. Hopefully no one will hire him for anything else.

What a performance this clown put on in court! The judge really nailed him to the wall.

What a performance this clown put on in court! The judge really nailed him to the wall.
    His Empire co-star Taraji P. Henson is actually comparing his circumstances to Emmett Till. She is getting called out by many and rightly so. This had nothing to do with what happened to Emmett. For a start Emmett was a child and didn't do what he was accused of unlike Jussie. Whether you think he should be in prison or not for what he did, Tajari trying to compare the two incidents is complete BS.

https://www.tmz.com/2022/03/13/taraj...ett-till-case/

Quote Originally Posted by theotherlondon View Post
    I think we can all agree that most white men wearing Maga hats are
    racist scum.
    So one can see this hate crime happen.

This is so far from the truth I don't even know where to begin.

Quote Originally Posted by shellc View Post
    His Empire co-star Taraji P. Henson is actually comparing his circumstances to Emmett Till. She is getting called out by many and rightly so. This had nothing to do with what happened to Emmett. For a start Emmett was a child and didn't do what he was accused of unlike Jussie. Whether you think he should be in prison or not for what he did, Tajari trying to compare the two incidents is complete BS.

https://www.tmz.com/2022/03/13/taraj...ett-till-case/
    What a stupid remark for her to make. Emmett was an innocent, unlike Mr. Smollett. His arrogance and self entitlement is astounding.

Out already! What a joke the justice system is.

Out already! What a joke the justice system is.
    Very true, what a joke.

I think he was just an attention whore who assumed that if society would have sympathy for him for becoming a hate crime victim, the producer may have enough sympathy to NOT write him off of the show. Unfortunately for him, his partners in crime backed down and snitched on him and his plan. Bummer for him. I'm sure he's met a few close friends in jail though.