Thread: Active shooting Aurora, Illinois plant

Active shooting Aurora, Illinois plant

Five dead.

They fired the guy after he worked all day. Not condoning his actions, but businesses need to start doing the sensitivity training courses again. It seems like after the economy tanked in the late 2000’s, businesses have developed the attitude that their employees are disposable, and people put up with it because they needed that job at the time. There was nothing else. I lived in Aurora. I took off to Florida in ‘08 because the job market was so bad. Figured if I were to be broke, at least I would be warm. Last time I checked, Aurora was full of crackheads and gangs. I don’t imagine much changing there.
    As far as gun laws, Illinois is among the strictest in the US. Their problem would be guns being confiscated, and put back into the wrong hands...

https://wgntv.com/2019/02/15/aurora-...s-of-shooting/
    Last edited by Squishy; 02-15-2019 at 09:22 PM. Reason: added link

Quote Originally Posted by Squishy View Post
    They fired the guy after he worked all day. Not condoning his actions, but businesses need to start doing the sensitivity training courses again. It seems like after the economy tanked in the late 2000’s, businesses have developed the attitude that their employees are disposable, and people put up with it because they needed that job at the time. There was nothing else. I lived in Aurora. I took off to Florida in ‘08 because the job market was so bad. Figured if I were to be broke, at least I would be warm. Last time I checked, Aurora was full of crackheads and gangs. I don’t imagine much changing there.
    As far as gun laws, Illinois is among the strictest in the US. Their problem would be guns being confiscated, and put back into the wrong hands...

https://wgntv.com/2019/02/15/aurora-...s-of-shooting/
    I understand what you're saying, Squishy, and you're right. But the thing is lots of people lose their job at the drop of a hat. It takes a psychopathic personality to go on a shooting rampage. He would have likely done it no matter how they handled his firing because people like him think they are real, and everyone else is disposable.
    Last edited by cindyt; 02-16-2019 at 12:48 AM.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

The shooter Gary Martin

Aurora is a violent town. Like I said, full of gangs. People living there take it as a fact of life. Fear is a biggie too. People afraid to take action, and understandably so. Kids grow up there thinking the violence is cool. Kids idolize these assholes. Dress like them, talk like them, act like them, and eventually get into it. Businesses really need to understand the area they are in, the people they are hiring, and deal with it in the right way. The guy had a record. They would have known that if they checked. If there is no checking, then they should look at everyone like they could potentially erupt.

Quote Originally Posted by Squishy View Post
    Aurora is a violent town. Like I said, full of gangs. People living there take it as a fact of life. Fear is a biggie too. People afraid to take action, and understandably so. Kids grow up there thinking the violence is cool. Kids idolize these assholes. Dress like them, talk like them, act like them, and eventually get into it. Businesses really need to understand the area they are in, the people they are hiring, and deal with it in the right way. The guy had a record. They would have known that if they checked. If there is no checking, then they should look at everyone like they could potentially erupt.
    ITA
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Sadly in America we have two towns named: Aurora, one in Illinois
    and the other in Colorado.(both have shooting victims) one at work
    the other in a movie theater.
    Carolyn(1958-2009) always in my heart.