Thread: BBC Radio host killed herself after walking off show

BBC Radio host killed herself after walking off show

Fixed that, I'd say.
    Most people just complain.
    Last edited by JimC; 12-06-2018 at 03:56 AM.
    A faulty hypothesis forming:
    A German scientist using Iranian physics and French mathematics.

The fact no drugs or alcohol were involved means she didn't do this while withdrawing from or under the influence of a substance that she might not have done when sober. She had thought about and planned this for a long time while thinking very clearly about her situation. In this case suicide "prevention" is useless. RIP.

The inquest heard Archer had a blood alcohol level slightly over the drunk-driving limit as well as some traces of medication in her blood.
    But the post-mortem examination suggested alcohol and drugs did not play a part in her death.
    hmmm how could it not have played a factor ?

I think a lot of us tend to view suicide as an irrational act, one often precipitated by despair, depression, hopelessness, etc.
    No doubt that is the case in many instances; but in some; people have rationally, repeatedly, considered whatever is going on with their lives and made a choice that isn't based upon spontaneous emotions or something negative that might change or get better in time.

I'm all for intervention and second thoughts, I wouldn't encourage someone to "just do it"; if only because that solution is going to come along of it's own accord eventually.
    I think it's sad; and in the case of someone with children or elderly parents, maybe it could be called selfish; but I kind of think that people have a right to end their own lives.

I do think they should be mindful of the trauma that it will cause to those remaining, and maybe try to do things in such as way as to minimize the shock and trauma as much as possible.
    A faulty hypothesis forming:
    A German scientist using Iranian physics and French mathematics.

Quote Originally Posted by StudioJoe View Post
    The fact no drugs or alcohol were involved means she didn't do this while withdrawing from or under the influence of a substance that she might not have done when sober. She had thought about and planned this for a long time while thinking very clearly about her situation. In this case suicide "prevention" is useless. RIP.
    Thank You, for putting it into the right words I could never say.
    Carolyn(1958-2009) always in my heart.

Quote Originally Posted by theotherlondon View Post
    Thank You, for putting it into the right words I could never say.
    Something like this happened to a friend (whom I never met/knew personally) of my brother's . He'd been fighting depression for many years. His strongest vice/intake was cigarette smoking. At the time of his suicide, his wife and kids had already moved out; his parents were actually staying at the house to give support and intervene if needed. They only knew he'd taken his life when his body hit the floor in an upstairs room.

Quote Originally Posted by JimC View Post
    I think a lot of us tend to view suicide as an irrational act, one often precipitated by despair, depression, hopelessness, etc.
    No doubt that is the case in many instances; but in some; people have rationally, repeatedly, considered whatever is going on with their lives and made a choice that isn't based upon spontaneous emotions or something negative that might change or get better in time.

I'm all for intervention and second thoughts, I wouldn't encourage someone to "just do it"; if only because that solution is going to come along of it's own accord eventually.
    I think it's sad; and in the case of someone with children or elderly parents, maybe it could be called selfish; but I kind of think that people have a right to end their own lives.
    This. Respect even if one doesnâ??t agree or understand.

The article says Archer did â??sufferâ? from depression. Jim - your words are on point and particularly for those *not* depressed.

How odd and sad that her stepfather saw her walk to the house when he drove by, but didnâ??t make the connection since he knew her regular broadcast hours, it â??couldnâ??tâ? have been her. Then he ends up discovering her after all, unable to revive her.
    "We've had threads about guys fucking picnic tables, animals and dead bodies. Third boob ain't going to stop a damn thing." - cleanskull

I have depression and was very rational the two times I thought through on how I would end it. ThakfullyI was able to tell hubby.

Quote Originally Posted by pkstracy View Post
    I have depression and was very rational the two times I thought through on how I would end it. ThakfullyI was able to tell hubby.
    pkstracy - thanks for sharing that you were rational and simultaneously depressed, and twice almost made a permanent decision. I’m glad you are still here
    "We've had threads about guys fucking picnic tables, animals and dead bodies. Third boob ain't going to stop a damn thing." - cleanskull

You're welcome mirror , I thought about blogging about my depression and anxiety and weight loss. And thank you for your kind words,

❤️❤️❤️