Results 1 to 19 of 19

Thread: Mass shooting at a Pittsburgh synagogue

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    2,000

    Mass shooting at a Pittsburgh synagogue

    I'll be very interested in the NRA's response. Probably we need to arm the rabbis.

    https://www.cnn.com/2018/10/27/us/pi...ter/index.html
    Sincerely yours,
    Upset

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    395
    The current POTUS is already putting forth the 'good guy(s) with a gun' theory. https://mobile.twitter.com/JohnJHarw...36250913497089
    You never really know someone until they die and the results come back.-pkstracy

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    toronto, canada ( Etobicoke)
    Posts
    4,215
    America is falling apart people. It is sad to witness it.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    5,922
    No, we're not falling apart just because some crazy people do some crazy, criminal things.
    Crazy people do that sometimes.

    I guess maybe this shooter blames Jews for his woes instead of some other group.
    That's certainly happened before.
    A faulty hypothesis forming:
    A German scientist using Iranian physics and French mathematics.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Bulldog Town
    Posts
    36,566
    Quote Originally Posted by JimC View Post
    No, we're not falling apart just because some crazy people do some crazy, criminal things.
    Crazy people do that sometimes.


    I guess maybe this shooter blames Jews for his woes instead of some other group.
    That's certainly happened before.
    I so agree! The suspect was an antisemitic who had made hate posts on FB, as you do when you're fixing to unsling your gun so the police have more evidence against you. Our PurrPurr lives in that area, but she is all right.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    toronto, canada ( Etobicoke)
    Posts
    4,215
    why do civilians need assault weapons - except to kill other civilians.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    5,922
    Quote Originally Posted by cash View Post
    why do civilians need assault weapons - except to kill other civilians.
    Weapons are used for all sorts of legitimate purposes.

    But if you're a law-abiding citizen doing law-abiding stuff; your purpose or "need" doesn't figure into it because you're doing law-abiding stuff.
    You don't even have to have a "need" - shooting for fun and sport is perfectly legitimate.

    Every weapon can be an "assault weapon"; as can be common, ordinary things like vehicles; as we have seen in some recent assaults.

    Oh, and you can legitimately mow down a whole boatload of bad guys if you ever have a need to.
    I almost forgot to add that.
    A faulty hypothesis forming:
    A German scientist using Iranian physics and French mathematics.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Burlington,Ontario,Canada
    Posts
    3,060
    Quote Originally Posted by JimC View Post
    No, we're not falling apart just because some crazy people do some crazy, criminal things.
    Crazy people do that sometimes.

    I guess maybe this shooter blames Jews for his woes instead of some other group.
    That's certainly happened before.
    And it will happen again, sad to say. Crazy can be anywhere, anytime, anyplace.
    To really know people is to be able to read between the lines on their faces.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Bulldog Town
    Posts
    36,566
    Quote Originally Posted by JimC View Post
    Weapons are used for all sorts of legitimate purposes.

    But if you're a law-abiding citizen doing law-abiding stuff; your purpose or "need" doesn't figure into it because you're doing law-abiding stuff.
    You don't even have to have a "need" - shooting for fun and sport is perfectly legitimate.

    Every weapon can be an "assault weapon"; as can be common, ordinary things like vehicles; as we have seen in some recent assaults.

    Oh, and you can legitimately mow down a whole boatload of bad guys if you ever have a need to.
    I almost forgot to add that.
    Daddy was a Korean War veteran who belonged to a deer-hunting club. He kept all his guns loaded and ready. Along with his squirrel gun, shotguns, and a .22 revolver, he owned a scoped high-powered deer rifle--not military issue, but one that would have been handy to take out some of the flock up at the Methodist church on the corner. But he never yanked a gun in anger or hate. My point? Jim is right.
    Last edited by cindyt; 10-27-2018 at 06:55 PM.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    2,000
    One of the victims was a 97-year-old woman who survived the Holocaust. So sad.
    Sincerely yours,
    Upset

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    toronto, canada ( Etobicoke)
    Posts
    4,215
    Quote Originally Posted by JimC View Post
    Weapons are used for all sorts of legitimate purposes.

    But if you're a law-abiding citizen doing law-abiding stuff; your purpose or "need" doesn't figure into it because you're doing law-abiding stuff.
    You don't even have to have a "need" - shooting for fun and sport is perfectly legitimate.

    Every weapon can be an "assault weapon"; as can be common, ordinary things like vehicles; as we have seen in some recent assaults.

    Oh, and you can legitimately mow down a whole boatload of bad guys if you ever have a need to.
    I almost forgot to add that.
    what did they "play" with when assault weapons were banned from 1994 to 2004 ??

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    5,922
    Quote Originally Posted by cash View Post
    what did they "play" with when assault weapons were banned from 1994 to 2004 ??
    Whatever they legally desired, of course.
    Although I wouldn't call it "playing"; those instruments are not toys.
    A faulty hypothesis forming:
    A German scientist using Iranian physics and French mathematics.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    toronto, canada ( Etobicoke)
    Posts
    4,215
    Can you imagine making it to 97 and you get killed in a fucking mass shooting

    https://nypost.com/2018/10/28/eldest...ooting-was-97/

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    2,000
    Jews in Pittsburgh aren't playing, Bonespur.

    https://www.bendthearc.us/open_lette...9L3TJtMwfwAvH0
    Sincerely yours,
    Upset

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Bulldog Town
    Posts
    36,566

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    5,922
    Quote Originally Posted by cash View Post
    Can you imagine making it to 97 and you get killed in a fucking mass shooting

    https://nypost.com/2018/10/28/eldest...ooting-was-97/
    Not only did she make it to 97 - she reportedly survived government-sponsored genocide.

    Quote Originally Posted by Upset View Post
    Jews in Pittsburgh aren't playing, Bonespur.

    https://www.bendthearc.us/open_lette...9L3TJtMwfwAvH0
    Well said, and true.
    But people will continue to support him.

    They'll blame it on the media or the Democrats.
    They might even say that the massacre was a "Jewish inside job"; carried out to make him look bad and try to derail his plan to "Make America Great Again"; as if there is one; or even a need for one.

    But he didn't inspire or incite this hatred; he simply affirmed the feelings of those who already felt that way and made them feel that their sicknesses are normal, acceptable, or even admirable.

    And his own flawed psychology has been affirmed by his followers and made to seem normal, and acceptable, admirable even; over and over again; and will be again.
    A faulty hypothesis forming:
    A German scientist using Iranian physics and French mathematics.

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    468
    Quote Originally Posted by cindyt View Post
    I so agree! The suspect was an antisemitic who had made hate posts on FB, as you do when you're fixing to unsling your gun so the police have more evidence against you. Our PurrPurr lives in that area, but she is all right.
    Since you put it that way Cindy, now I'm thinking Manchurian Candidate!

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Bulldog Town
    Posts
    36,566
    Quote Originally Posted by Follower View Post
    Since you put it that way Cindy, now I'm thinking Manchurian Candidate!
    Yes, but it happens too often with dumbbed-down.

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    4,752
    Quote Originally Posted by cash View Post
    why do civilians need assault weapons - except to kill other civilians.
    This is a very good question.
    Carolyn(1958-2009) always in my heart.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •