Thread: Duplicate Post Issues

Duplicate Post Issues

I was trying to reply to a post in the anxiety thread and had issues. I did not hit "post," but opened a new tab (without exiting FAD) to jog my memory about something. Went back, my reply I'd started was gone. Didn't show up as posted, otherwise I'd have just edited it. So I tried again and got sent to the duplicate post error page. It wasn't a duplicate because the first never posted. I then tried to just copy and paste, and got "Thanks for posting RiaBrown. Your post will appear after moderator approval." Um....WHAT???? My original reply STILL isn't there, because I never hit POST. I'm confused.
    "I'm glad I don't have to hunt for my food. I don't even know where sandwiches live." ~~~seen on Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by RiaBrown View Post
    I was trying to reply to a post in the anxiety thread and had issues. I did not hit "post," but opened a new tab (without exiting FAD) to jog my memory about something. Went back, my reply I'd started was gone. Didn't show up as posted, otherwise I'd have just edited it. So I tried again and got sent to the duplicate post error page. It wasn't a duplicate because the first never posted. I then tried to just copy and paste, and got "Thanks for posting RiaBrown. Your post will appear after moderator approval." Um....WHAT???? My original reply STILL isn't there, because I never hit POST. I'm confused.
    It's a software glitch. I notified admin. I deleted the dupe and approved the original.

Quote Originally Posted by cindyt View Post
    It's a software glitch. I notified admin. I deleted the dupe and approved the original.
    Great, thank you. It was the weirdest thing. I went back and double-checked to see if maybe I'd hit "post" by accident, but I didn't.
    "I'm glad I don't have to hunt for my food. I don't even know where sandwiches live." ~~~seen on Facebook

Dang, that kind of weirdness could be enough to cause some anxiety.
    A faulty hypothesis forming:
    A German scientist using Iranian physics and French mathematics.

Quote Originally Posted by JimC View Post
    Dang, that kind of weirdness could be enough to cause some anxiety.
    You have no idea. The staff has been blamed for tinkering with posts, like "I'm gonna bitch him'her up! (((((Evil laugh!)))))."
    Last edited by cindyt; 10-06-2018 at 08:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by cindyt View Post
    You have no idea. The staff has been blamed for tinkering with posts, like "I'm gonna bitch him'her up! (((((Evil laugh!)))))."
    Wow.
    Y'all got Republicans on staff?
    A faulty hypothesis forming:
    A German scientist using Iranian physics and French mathematics.

Quote Originally Posted by JimC View Post
    Wow.
    Y'all got Republicans on staff?