Thread: Senator John McCain dead at 81

Senator John McCain dead at 81

RIP Senator.
    [SIGPIC]Morgan[/SIGPIC]

This is so sad, Rest in peace.

He had my respect....being a POW in Vietnam. And survived. RIP.

RIP, Senator.
    A faulty hypothesis forming:
    A German scientist using Iranian physics and French mathematics.

RIP, Sir
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

A man of class and integrity. RIP Sir.
    Today you could be standing next to someone who is trying their best not to fall apart. So whatever you do today, do it with kindness.

Rest in peace sir, he has died.

RIP. It was too bad. IIRC it was the same disease (or kindred disease) as got Ted Kennedy and Ethel Merman.

May you rest in peace, Senator.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] "I just know I'm not the greatest power on this earth. I didn't create myself, because I would have done a hell of a better job." -Layne Staley

Funny, a guy can murder his pregnant wife and 2 young daughters in premeditated cold blood and he will be universally despised and hated as he should be. But another guy who does "Tokyo Rose" broadcasts for the Viet Cong while he's a POW in that war, returns to this country, goes to Congress and promotes foreign policies that have resulted in the deaths of untold thousands of Yemeni/Iranian/Iraqi/Syrian women and children is considered a hero and patriot. Just funny.

Quote Originally Posted by StudioJoe View Post
    Funny, a guy can murder his pregnant wife and 2 young daughters in premeditated cold blood and he will be universally despised and hated as he should be. But another guy who does "Tokyo Rose" broadcasts for the Viet Cong while he's a POW in that war, returns to this country, goes to Congress and promotes foreign policies that have resulted in the deaths of untold thousands of Yemeni/Iranian/Iraqi/Syrian women and children is considered a hero and patriot. Just funny.

The idea that McCain was a "songbird" who leaped at the opportunity to turn traitor to his country while a prisoner of war is IDIOTIC and DESPICABLE. I think it would be great to see the armchair "patriots" who make these sorts of dumbass accusations tortured in the way McCain was, and see just exactly how long it would take them to say whatever their captors wanted them to. McCain was given the opportunity to be sent home, and REFUSED TO GO until the men he was imprisoned with were sent home as well. That is a form of integrity that Bonespur and his supporters are not familiar with.

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/wa...lton-songbird/
    Sincerely yours,
    Upset

McCain was incomprehensible to Trump and many of his supporters:

He had integrity and honor.
    He served his country in war and in peace.

He had a sense of duty that extended beyond the tip of his own nose.
    Those aren't things that Trump or The Collective can begin to imagine.

Maybe it would have been different if not for those bone spurs...
    A faulty hypothesis forming:
    A German scientist using Iranian physics and French mathematics.

I feel sorry for the brain tumor that had a case of John McCain. Counting the 27 sailors killed and 100 injured after his stunt on the deck of the USS Forrestal and his father the admiral's coverup of the 1967 attack on the USS Liberty that left 34 crewmembers dead, the McCain clan had a higher kill ratio of Americans than the Viet Cong.

Joe, has a right to his opinion, folks. Just ignore him.
    Last edited by cindyt; 08-31-2018 at 07:19 AM.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Quote Originally Posted by cindyt View Post
    Fair enough. Probably the best way for me to say what I want to say without it being an attack on a member is to stroll on over to the Pet Peeves thread.
    Sincerely yours,
    Upset

Quote Originally Posted by Upset View Post
    Fair enough. Probably the best way for me to say what I want to say without it being an attack on a member is to stroll on over to the Pet Peeves thread.
    You have rights too, just don't make it personal with the offending poster. You did it the right way in PP.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Joe McCain, his brother

Quote Originally Posted by StudioJoe View Post
    I feel sorry for the brain tumor that had a case of John McCain. Counting the 27 sailors killed and 100 injured after his stunt on the deck of the USS Forrestal and his father the admiral's coverup of the 1967 attack on the USS Liberty that left 34 crewmembers dead, the McCain clan had a higher kill ratio of Americans than the Viet Cong.
    His father helped cover up the USS Liberty business? I did not know of that connection. I was aware of the Forrestal accident, but placing the blame on him seemed sketchy to me.

I'm having a hard time conjuring feelings of any kind for Sen McCain. It's odd. I suppose most politicians I don't care enough to have any strong feelings about.

Remember when the "swift boat" jerks mocked and did a
    attack on John Kerry in 2004 and his service in Vietnam when
    John McCain said nothing.
    Carolyn(1958-2009) always in my heart.

You have rights too, just don't make it personal with the offending poster. You did it the right way in PP.
    I understand. Thank you.
    Sincerely yours,
    Upset

It's my opinion also. I do not dislike McCain because of Trump. I've thought little of McCain for years. There wasn't a war he wasn't willing to promote. One would think he would know better. I believe it might be a PTSD thing but if so, he should not have been in the position he was in. He should have sought out therapy.

His actions have directly lead to the deaths of tens of thousands of innocent individuals. I feel this same way with all the war mongers. My opinion is mine and I have no problem with people having other opinions. I believe those like Bush, Cheney, Obama, Hillary, McCain, Trump and others deserve nothing better than to rot in hell for what they have done.

As long as Trump goes with them. I hate the man, never liked him can't stand him, McCain, Obama, Bush and Cheney and Hillary have more class than Trump ever will. BTW, if you want to blame someone blame the DOD,