Thread: Mitzi Shore, Founderof The Comedy Store

Mitzi Shore, Founderof The Comedy Store

Comedy Store Owner Mitzi Shore Dies at 87

http://variety.com/2018/biz/news/com...es-1202750338/

Mitzi Shore founded the legendary Los Angeles comedy club the Comedy Store in 1972 and became owner two years later. During her tenure, she influenced careers of up-and-coming comedians such as Robin Williams, Jay Leno, David Letterman, Chevy Chase, Jim Carrey, Chris Rock and Richard Pryor.

Mitzi Shore is credited for naming the club, which co-founded by her husband at the time, Sammy Shore, and fellow comedian Rudy DeLuca. When Sammy and Mitzi divorced in 1974, Mitzi gained ownership of the club. The Comedy Store building on Sunset Boulevard was formerly occupied by popular Hollywood nightclub Ciroâ??s.
    At the Comedy Club, Shore famously did not pay her comics, insisting the club provided training to hone their craft, along with exposure to industry insiders. Eventually, comedians went on strike in 1979, demanding to be paid for their work.

She brought Pauly Shore into the world. I don't think I can forgive her for that.
    Stay in Drugs. Eat your School. Don't do Vegetables.

Quote Originally Posted by cleanskull View Post
    She brought Pauly Shore into the world. I don't think I can forgive her for that.
    Ironically, Pauly's entire body of work supports her argument that comedians should not be paid for their efforts.
    Sincerely yours,
    Upset

LOL, probably a fair complaint. Outside of that she did have a big impact on the careers of many others.

Quote Originally Posted by Upset View Post
    Ironically, Pauly's entire body of work supports her argument that comedians should not be paid for their efforts.
    Quote Originally Posted by john*thomas View Post
    LOL, probably a fair complaint. Outside of that she did have a big impact on the careers of many others.
    Lots of truth going on in this thread.
    A faulty hypothesis forming:
    A German scientist using Iranian physics and French mathematics.

LOL, so true.
    Carolyn(1958-2009) always in my heart.