Page 54 of 63 FirstFirst ... 5455253545556 ... LastLast
Results 2,651 to 2,700 of 3141

Thread: Christine Chubbuck

xacavaba Guest
    Could anyone of you post any pic or video of "Christine" or "Kate Plays Christine", now on Sundance Festival?

I only find the two pics of Rebecca Hall or the Kate Plays Christine i posted some weeks ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Duckyinky View Post
    I have to bow to all of you and enjoy reading all the super sleuths here. I have only a small snippet to add: there is an article about Christine on Daily Mail and I thought this was interesting:

This is the first that I have heard of the virgin part!
    Her not wanting to be the 30 Year Old Virgin has been discussed in the thread, although I wouldn't know where in the haystack to look for that particular needle.
    Sincerely yours,
    Upset

Quote Originally Posted by xacavaba View Post
    Could anyone of you post any pic or video of "Christine" or "Kate Plays Christine", now on Sundance Festival?

I only find the two pics of Rebecca Hall or the Kate Plays Christine i posted some weeks ago.

Here's a clip from Kate Plays Christine

http://www.indiewire.com/video/kate-...ng-in-the-dark

Here are some reviews of "Christine"

http://www.theguardian.com/film/2016...e-horror-story

http://www.indiewire.com/article/sun...stine-20160124

http://variety.com/2016/film/reviews...ew-1201687262/

http://thefilmstage.com/reviews/sund...iew-christine/

And here are some reviews of "Kate Plays Christine"

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/rev...-review-858091

http://www.theguardian.com/film/2016...-sundance-2016

http://thefilmstage.com/reviews/sund...ays-christine/

According to twitter, for those who are interested:

Gregory Ellwood ‏@TheGregoryE Jan 23
    Campos says the footage no longer exists of Christine's event which directly contradicts KatePlays Christine. #Sundance2016

devin faraci ‏@devincf Jan 23
    @TheGregoryE@MCNtweets it definitely does not exist.

Gregory Ellwood ‏@TheGregoryE Jan 23
    @devincf@MCNtweets not according to a guy who worked at the station in Kate Plays

And quotes regarding 'the footage' for those who are interested from other reviews from Kate Plays Christine:

http://nonfics.com/kate-plays-christine-review/

http://www.indiewire.com/article/sun...medium=twitter

Even if Greene was the type to make a more conventional doc, Chubbuck wouldn’t be an easy subject for the standard approach. Not only is the tape of her death not available (if it even truly exists, as is claimed in the film), but there isn’t much footage of her work available at all. So it would have to be something with a lot of reenactment

The video of Chubbock's death, allegedly locked away in some hidden vault but burnt into the memories of her coworkers, serves as an apt metaphor for the movie's tantalizing themes. Building toward an attempt to recreate her final act, "Kate Plays Christine" explores the unseemly desire to see it carried out, resurrecting the anchor's own critical perspective.

I'm not sure who's claiming this, I haven't seen the film (and the movie isn't exactly a documentary in the conventional sense) so who knows if this information is true. Thought you guys might be interested.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CHRISTINE_Exclusive_Still_1_embed.jpg 
Views:	366 
Size:	58.8 KB 
ID:	53307   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CHRISTINE_Exclusive_Still_2_embed.jpg 
Views:	349 
Size:	84.9 KB 
ID:	53308  
    Last edited by Michael555; 01-25-2016 at 04:45 PM.

I am hoping netflix will get the film on instant watch.

Quote Originally Posted by pkstracy View Post
    I am hoping netflix will get the film on instant watch.

I have a feeling it might picked up by an distributor who's going to release it in the fall (Rebecca Hall might have an Oscar performance on her hands, but who knows).

Also, apparently, Rebecca Hall said she only had one twenty minute interview she had to go on in order to play Christine, talking about a hospital (probably from that the little clip we've all seen). So that's probably all that survives of her Suncoast Digest show, maybe it'll be released in some form?
    Last edited by Michael555; 01-25-2016 at 07:40 PM.

I hope so Michael

xacavaba Guest
    Thanks Michael555. I have found a lot of reviews, but those pics are new for me, and the tweets that you post are very interesting.

I am looking for the movie uploaded to internet too. I am european, and I think that neither movies are not going to be released here by Netflix or any other distribution. Sorry if moderators consider it piracy. If it is, please, delete it and make me know to modify my post.

http://www.people.com/article/christ...p+Headlines%29

Here's a new interview with her brother.

Spliff Guest
    A local punk band I know from around here wrote a song about this. When I heard their demo I knew right away what she was yelling/singing? about.

Here's a link to the song if ya wanna listen. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AOTyA3_Nfek

another one, too... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=unlJbTQPD-g

I think they're not called Trippin' Victims anymore, got changed to TV Zombie Kids or something.
    Last edited by Spliff; 01-26-2016 at 03:51 PM.

Michael great article, I feel like her brother does know where the video is, but determined not to let anyone see it, I don't think her mother destroyed it. I feel the reason for this is it was the last thing Christine did and I don't think her mother would want to part with it, even if it was her daughter's suicide, I doubt the family ever watched it.

Michael great article, I feel like her brother does know where the video is, but determined not to let anyone see it, I don't think her mother destroyed it. I feel the reason for this is it was the last thing Christine did and I don't think her mother would want to part with it, even if it was her daughter's suicide, I doubt the family ever watched it.
    I'm sure that it won't be released, if it does exist, for a long, long time. If ever.
    Last edited by Michael555; 01-26-2016 at 11:08 PM.

I had no idea that she had a 23 year old bf when she was 16 who died in an accident. How did I miss that??

13. 01-27-2016, 12:43 PM

I have an old FB friend with whom I've reconnected with who wrote a book about CC and interviewed Greg Chubbuck. We haven't talked on the phone for a bit but hopefully we will soon. If she has anything new to say I'll let you all know.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael555 View Post
    I'm sure that it won't be released, if it does exist, for a long, long time. If ever.

Even if she still had the master tape and a change of heart ( giving the OK for others to view the tape ) the odds are still next to zero for us to ever see the infamous clip. Unless the mother had the master tape transferred into another format over the years I would imagine original video tape from that far back would had deteriorated over the years not too mention finding a way to play that tape at all. Good luck in doing that in this day and age with everything being digital. Even the most rural and cheapest of TV stations are now using digital equipment. This would be like watching an old VHS tape today. Sure one could still buy a VHS machine at a thrift store but watching the tape on today's flat screen TVs the quality just sucks. I learned that myself this past summer visiting my old home and trying to watch some of my old tapes. Gave me a headache.
    Last edited by choff; 01-28-2016 at 08:03 AM.

I don't think that the family will ever release the tape, I mean I would not want everyone to see my daughter blow her brains out if I had a daughter. The reason I want to see the video, is to see what her state of mind was that day, to see who she really was, I think for that brief moment before she killed herself, the real Christine came out, not the one she let coworkers see, but the one that she kept hidden. People that have Major Medical Depression, Like I do, and depression have two sides, they have the cheery, happy go lucky, I am fine and so happy side they only let coworkers and the public and family members see, then there is the I am worthless, I would be better off dead, nothing matters, I am alone, I am not happy side that we reserve for ourselves and a few very very very close people.

Very good article
    To my Father. Even though you have crossed the plane, you will always be with me.
    You were not just my Father, but my hero. My life has been a poor attempt to be like you
    You taught me music, vocals, and how to fight. I can only hope I am half the man you are
    When I close my eyes I can see you. And finally, Thank you Dad. for everything.
    March 1934-July 2016

It is great and well written, too.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Well now we know who has it. Mollie and Christine's family.

Well now we know who has it. Mollie and Christine's family.
    That's not firm.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

I sort of hope a video never surfaces. I mean, the curiosity is all crazy up in my head about it, however it sort of makes the tragic story... I think, anyway

Great at finds on the articles by the way!

Really good article. Of particular interest to me was the psychology professor's explanation for why people could be "sure" they saw the video even if they hadn't.

I also loved it that Ichabodious was given credit for starting the thread!
    Sincerely yours,
    Upset

navallint Guest
    Nice write up, thanks, PKS. I would watch it, as I do think she wanted it to be seen, but I would feel guilty.

I hope no one harasses that woman, now that she's been named publicly.

It would be more likely now that she would throw it in the bay than actually hand it over.
    Last edited by Michael555; 01-30-2016 at 02:53 AM.

One thing he didn't put in article that I said about us was that none of us would hound anyone if we knew who had the tape or even bother Christine's family. You're welcome Nav.

Quote Originally Posted by cindyt View Post
    That's not firm.
    The guy mentioned in that article seems to know with quite a bit of confidence where it is.

But who knows...

Edit: Also it says in that article that I bought some tape, I didn't buy any tape. I think I asked the owner of the tape if "the footage" was on that particular tape years ago and they said it wasn't. I can't imagine going through one of those tapes, no offense to people who can watch that stuff, but I just can't handle a lot of what others can.
    Last edited by Michael555; 01-29-2016 at 11:13 PM.

Little Chief Guest
    Very good article.

Another story about the film here: http://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-35427590

That was a good article. Cool to see them talking all us fellow hags. I never heard of the Christine till I first started on FAD. I also looked all over, but could not find the video anywhere, then I learned on here it was not released. Definitely a Holy Grail for me to see. Id like to see the movie as well, Kate Plays Christine.

I'm pretty excited about the movie. I was hoping the documentary was going to be more of a straightforward documentary about Christine herself, but oh well.
    The most dangerous woman of all is the one who refuses to rely on your sword to save her because she carries her own.

- R.H. Sin

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"I will be buried in a spring loaded casket filled with confetti, and a future archaeologist will have one awesome day at work."

More like infamous. Out of all the posts they could have quoted.
    Stay in Drugs. Eat your School. Don't do Vegetables.

And don't forget the mention of fighting. I hate those happened for someone to sit through while they are researching for an article or what have you.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Spliff Guest
    Anyone ever find out why there's a big hole in the roof at the old WXLT-TV building in Sarasota?

I wonder why the call letters WZRB are used instead of WXLT in the movie about Christine Chubbuck ?? Considering that WXLT had changed their letters to WWSB almost 30 years ago and that WXLT isn't currently used by any TV station anywhere, at least a quick search shows it isn't anyway..well wouldn't it make sense to use the call letters that the station had when they had employed Christine anyway ??

OK another search shows that the call letters WXLT are being used but they belong to a radio station in a small town in southern Illinois and since they air ESPN stuff ( they call themselves 103.5 ESPN Southern Illinois ) I doubt few if anyone in that town other than the staff of that radio station even knows the call letters of that station is WXLT much less the connection of those call signs to Christine Chubbuck.
    Last edited by choff; 02-02-2016 at 09:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by choff View Post
    I wonder why the call letters WZRB are used instead of WXLT in the movie about Christine Chubbuck ?? Considering that WXLT had changed their letters to WWSB almost 30 years ago and that WXLT isn't currently used by any TV station anywhere, at least a quick search shows it isn't anyway..well wouldn't it make sense to use the call letters that the station had when they had employed Christine anyway ??

OK another search shows that the call letters WXLT are being used but they belong to a radio station in a small town in southern Illinois and since they air ESPN stuff ( they call themselves 103.5 ESPN Southern Illinois ) I doubt few if anyone in that town other than the staff of that radio station even knows the call letters of that station is WXLT much less the connection of those call signs to Christine Chubbuck.
    It's a small movie, so they probably would rather be safe than sorry, people tend to be sue-happy these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael555 View Post
    It's a small movie, so they probably would rather be safe than sorry, people tend to be sue-happy these days.

You are probably right about that especially since WXLT radio even though they may be in a small town the station is owned by Max Media one of those big broadcast companies. Max Media probably would want a ton of money just to allow the call letters WXLT to even be seen in the movie. This would be similar to the story of the murdered Denver radio talk show host Alan Berg. For years I had been told that there were plans on making a film about him while his story would make for a great movie unfortunately at the time Berg was murdered in 1984 he was on KOA radio however since KOA is now owned by Iheart Media ( aka Clear Channel ) more than likely they would veto the use of the call letters KOA to even be mentioned in such a film even if KOA would be a big part in the story.

Shaziga Guest
    I've been following this thread since reading about Christine Chubbuck on the Lost Media Wiki. I came across this article that was posted today and thought I'd share it here.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/colleague...174654897.html

Thanks Michael those articles were great, it's so sad that she had been planning it that long and threw a going away party for herself.

I've often read that once people who have committed to take their lives have the plan in motion and death is imminent seem to be in the best mood of their lives. I guess this case reinforces that notion.
    To understand the living, you got to commune with the dead.
    Minerva

Just 29! Wish we could understand more of this...

Quote Originally Posted by McCourt View Post
    I've often read that once people who have committed to take their lives have the plan in motion and death is imminent seem to be in the best mood of their lives. I guess this case reinforces that notion.
    Yes I can see that. Back in the early 80s I can remember two suicides ( both young guys in their late teens ) that had taken place in our neighborhood and just before their shot themselves to death both were in very good moods. One guy like Christine had a party ( a beer party in his case ) a few days before his death. He even invited me to this party even though I was only 12 at the time like my parents would allow me to go anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by choff View Post
    Yes I can see that. Back in the early 80s I can remember two suicides ( both young guys in their late teens ) that had taken place in our neighborhood and just before their shot themselves to death both were in very good moods. One guy like Christine had a party ( a beer party in his case ) a few days before his death. He even invited me to this party even though I was only 12 at the time like my parents would allow me to go anyway.
    I've read that they often begin to give their belongings away as well. Two of my uncles killed themselves but it was before I was born. I wanted to talk to my mother about it to ask questions but I never wanted to upset her.
    To understand the living, you got to commune with the dead.
    Minerva

luckyinlove Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by McCourt View Post
    This is very true. Once they've made the decision and have a plan.

squaremellon Guest
    And more!

http://www.people.com/article/christ...herself-on-air

http://www.people.com/article/christ...-health-issues

Pristine Buttocks! She continues to get better the more I hear about her. I hope her intelligence and brilliant sense of humour comes across in this new movie.

It seems this is all part of a big new article about her - possibly lots more new info/anecdotes/pictures. It would be great if someone could scan/screengrab the full article when it comes out - sadly I'm in the UK so not able to get hold of it!

Great thread, been following for a few weeks. Hey

A good friend of mine committed suicide, I was on the phone when he did it, a week before, he had a party and was giving away stuff, He was in a great mood laughing and joking I wish I had known at the time that was one of the signs, he called me, we lived right next door to each other, we were talking and such and he said don't hate me, he never gave any indication he was going to do it, then I heard a pop. I kept saying his name and then I heard his mom banging on his door and screaming his name he had shot himself.

A good friend of mine committed suicide, I was on the phone when he did it, a week before, he had a party and was giving away stuff, He was in a great mood laughing and joking I wish I had known at the time that was one of the signs, he called me, we lived right next door to each other, we were talking and such and he said don't hate me, he never gave any indication he was going to do it, then I heard a pop. I kept saying his name and then I heard his mom banging on his door and screaming his name he had shot himself.
    Omg -- I can't imagine what that must have been like for you...just terrifying!

For the longest time I blamed myself, doing the if only I had known, or if I could have went over there and stopped him, then I got angry, like WTF did he think he was doing when he called me and did it on the phone to where I can hear him, I think maybe he didn't want to die alone, per say I don't know. We had known each other since preschool and he did this a year after we graduated. Anyway back on topic, I would like to see some of Christine's segments, or at least a memorial book about her with pictures of her childhood and such.