Page 11 of 63 FirstFirst ... 29101112132060 ... LastLast

Thread: Christine Chubbuck

DexterKitty Guest
    Still nothing? I've been searching tonight.... so far......nada.

2. 05-28-2009, 09:17 PM

Seagorath Guest
    Questions from Seagorath. Has anybody posted Christine's obituary from the Sarasota/St. Petersburg newspaper? And I wonder if there are any crime photos floating around...or at least a high-res shot of that station employee staring down at Christine's body...

DexterKitty Guest
    Mike.... me too.

Seagorath..... I'm not sure.

deathhagcutie Guest
    curses! i thought someone found the vid!

Seagorath Guest
    I'll take "anything" Christine Chubbuck-related at this point...obscure photos...college yearbook...Suncoast Digest mentionings...Yellow VW Beetle sightings...tidbits from Greg Chubbuck...

Northern Lights Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Seagorath View Post
    I'll take "anything" Christine Chubbuck-related at this point...obscure photos...college yearbook...Suncoast Digest mentionings...Yellow VW Beetle sightings...tidbits from Greg Chubbuck...
    Did you read these two old newspaper articles I posted before?
    http://news.google.com/newspapers?id...stine+chubbuck

This is a description of the memorial service. Story is on the right side of that page.
    http://digitalnewspapers.libraries.p...tityId=Ar00800

Seagorath Guest
    Northern Lights rocks...once again...

Quote Originally Posted by Northern Lights View Post
    Did you read these two old newspaper articles I posted before?
    http://news.google.com/newspapers?id...stine+chubbuck

This is a description of the memorial service. Story is on the right side of that page.
    http://digitalnewspapers.libraries.p...tityId=Ar00800

Northern Lights Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Seagorath View Post
    Northern Lights rocks...once again...
    Thanks! I posted them long time ago, but because you asked anything about her I thought you didn't read them.

RaRaRamona Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Dixie Girl View Post
    *user giggles at what has to be a delightfully D budget movie named "Rosemary's Gravy"*
    LMHO!!

Quote Originally Posted by Michael555 View Post
    I know.
    There is footage of soldiers in Iraq being beheaded (which I will NEVER watch...) and God knows what else, but yet this is hidden. Ridiculous.
    Yeah we really need those Abu photos.

Did anyone hear the book that was recommended on the radio show? i was on vacay?

Adiposeur Guest
    this thread is my daily crack :-) I'll keep clicking on it until they pry my laptop from my cold dead hands. (I'll leave a note requesting that whoever finds me post a pic for you hags LOL!)

Orleans Guest
    Sorry if I missed it, but does anybody know what movie they started "a minute or so later"?

Orleans Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Adiposeur View Post
    this thread is my daily crack :-) I'll keep clicking on it until they pry my laptop from my cold dead hands. (I'll leave a note requesting that whoever finds me post a pic for you hags LOL!)
    LMAO! Thanks! We will be most respectful.

RaRaRamona Guest
    Forget the pics post a vid!!!

Northern Lights Guest

Northern Lights Guest

Northern Lights Guest

Dixie Girl Guest
    One person attended the service in a bikini?
    Thanks Northern Lights, I read them all--some of them I could not quite see down to the bottom, but I still read what I could!
    The service sounded rather low key.

DexterKitty Guest
    Alrighty then..... we'll be lookin out for that pic. I just wish we could get our hands on that tape dammit !!!! Welcome to the 'we probably will never see it' thread.

Seagorath Guest
    There was the bikini lady, the 3 Roberta Flack songs, and then Christine's ashes tossed into the sea...

...and somewhere...Greg Chubbuck...

DexterKitty Guest
    Dixie Girl..... I'm not sure but... I don't think she had very many friends? She had trouble connecting with people on a personal level. A deeply complex woman IMO. I would just about imagine she was extremely intelligent also. Sometimes people of high intelligence have a hard time clicking with people of lower intelligence. I seriously wonder if that was the case with her.

Quote Originally Posted by DexterKitty View Post
    I seriously wonder if that was the case with her.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YhztnQLyMnk
    A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another.

RetroFanatic Guest
    Dixie Girl..... I'm not sure but... I don't think she had very many friends? She had trouble connecting with people on a personal level. A deeply complex woman IMO. I would just about imagine she was extremely intelligent also. Sometimes people of high intelligence have a hard time clicking with people of lower intelligence. I seriously wonder if that was the case with her.
    I wonder as well. Also, some tend to believe they're doomed and often feel worthless and hopeless. They overlook their accomplishments while mainly focusing on failures.

RaRaRamona Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Dixie Girl View Post
    One person attended the service in a bikini?
    Thanks Northern Lights, I read them all--some of them I could not quite see down to the bottom, but I still read what I could!
    The service sounded rather low key.
    I kind of figured that was a bystander who was standing close enough be called a fellow mourner. Who knows.

I think so too.

DexterKitty Guest
    Ich... for some reason the lady in your avatar pic scares the hell outta me everytime I see it LMAO!!! It's creepy good!!!

RetroFanatic.... I think you may be right about that. I suffer from depression and it's hard to see the good through the bad sometimes. Welcome to the thread!!!

Keyser Soze Guest
    not sure if these have been posted before- but they are interesting..

Christine Chubbuck bio pt. 1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=teWKeGQ5u4c

part 2
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l-6pVw7PBII

heaven01uk Guest
    I thought there had been a breakthrough then lol

28. 06-02-2009, 10:59 AM

Seagorath Guest
    Personally, I'll take any Christine Chubbuck post I can get...even the repeats...

Lisamarie Guest
    me too..I want yearbook pic drivers liceses al that good stuff !!!!!!!Where is it all....

Seagorath Guest
    I really want that Yellow VW Beetle...it's out there...somewhere...

Wonder if she played anything on the radio that morning...I know she was the first one at the office that day...was all smiles according to those who saw her...

32. 06-02-2009, 03:46 PM

Seagorath Guest
    I'd be willing to bet the homestead on that...

Roberta Flack perhaps?

DexterKitty Guest
    I've always thought it was weird how some of these people who are going to kill themselves, can remain so calm and collected even smiling and laughing right before they do it. They stay completely composed and then BAM.... they're gone. I've heard that they're more upbeat and happy after they decide they're going to end it but WOW!!!

35. 06-02-2009, 09:06 PM

RaRaRamona Guest
    Suicidal people think this is the end to their pain, so they're excited about ending everything. They're so ready to get out of this world and move on because they feel everything around them is horrible, so by the time they're getting ready to do, it's almost like an impatient excitement.

That's how I see it anyway...

I've heard that too.

Keyser Soze Guest
    I've always thought it was weird how some of these people who are going to kill themselves, can remain so calm and collected even smiling and laughing right before they do it. They stay completely composed and then BAM.... they're gone. I've heard that they're more upbeat and happy after they decide they're going to end it but WOW!!!

When you find a solution to your problem, it brings you peace.

DexterKitty Guest
    I guess a very long dirt nap would be peaceful.

39. 06-03-2009, 06:25 PM

DexterKitty Guest
    LMAO!!!! True that !!!! Have all ofour leads dried up?

41. 06-03-2009, 07:26 PM

RaRaRamona Guest
    She probably got a bit of a sand nap at least...probably she was at least a little Lebowskied.

DexterKitty Guest
    The answers are blowin' in the wind.

Seagorath Guest
    There should be a memorial or something for her...after all...her final "exit" never made it to the endless waves of cyberspace...

DexterKitty Guest
    It sounds bad but..... in a way it seems like her family just kind of swept her under the rug so to speak. As well as the other people she knew. I know that damn tape is somewhere!!!!

46. 06-04-2009, 05:29 PM

DexterKitty Guest
    Well, we can keep our fingers crossed and maybe someday we can see it again. I'm still going to keep digging though.

Seagorath Guest
    We just need to keep fanning the flames...

49. 06-04-2009, 07:08 PM

joS3ph Guest
    I would never want to discourage those individuals whose passion has been to locate the Christine Chubbuck suicide tape, but I truly believe it was destroyed many years ago. I know some people are inclined to believe that others may have duplicated the tape before giving the original to the Chubbuck family, but I doubt any copies were *ever* made.

While the 1970s proved to be turbulent times for many reasons, many people of the era still had *some* level of decency, honor, and respect. A handshake still meant something. I believe that exact culture may have had something to do with the tape *not* being duplicated.

In retrospect, I believe Christine *was* successful in publicizing her death. I truly believe Christine would be satisfied with the fact that people are still talking about her and searching for that elusive tape some three decades after she decided she was going to end her life. While I really don't believe we will ever see that tape, I think we can all picture her final moments on that warm July morning in 1974...

joS3ph
    Last edited by joS3ph; 06-04-2009 at 08:21 PM.

sunshine74137 Guest
    Christine obviously wanted her suicide publicised. I'd be pissed if I went to all that trouble to do it on camera and it was squelched, I'd haunt someones ass

RaRaRamona Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by joS3ph View Post

In retrospect, I believe Christine *was* successful in publicizing her death. I truly believe Christine would be satisfied with the fact that people are still talking about her and searching for that elusive tape some three decades after she decided she was going to end her life. While I really don't believe we will ever see that tape, I think we can all picture her final moments on that warm July morning in 1974...

joS3ph
    You're probably right in that she succeeded in getting people involved & speculating about the blood & guts angle. Maybe she never intended for people to be watching it for decades. The thought that people could watch it again & again or pass it on might not have even entered her head. (insert lame joke about the bullet here)

She's both getting what she wanted AND what she didn't want.

Who knows what she wanted really. She was obviously mentally ill and not clear in thought. Most likely the only thing she wanted was to end her life. Maybe in her fucked up ,ind she thought the attention she would receive would validate and confirm her existence in a way she would never be able to experience in a life she considered inadequate. I doubt she was thinking in terms of decades of infamy. Her last hoorah was most likely a big irrationally desperate "hey guys Im gonna make you all pay attention to me." Had she been on antidepressants - if they were even readily avilable back then (werent heavy tranquilzers considered the optimal treatment for this behavior?)- I doubt she would have been nothing more than a local "do you remember this" sidenote on City Data Forum.
    A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another.

RaRaRamona Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by ichabodius View Post
    Who knows what she wanted really. She was obviously mentally ill and not clear in thought. Most likely the only thing she wanted was to end her life. Maybe in her fucked up ,ind she thought the attention she would receive would validate and confirm her existence in a way she would never be able to experience in a life she considered inadequate. I doubt she was thinking in terms of decades of infamy. Her last hoorah was most likely a big irrationally desperate "hey guys Im gonna make you all pay attention to me." Had she been on antidepressants - if they were even readily avilable back then (werent heavy tranquilzers considered the optimal treatment for this behavior?)- I doubt she would have been nothing more than a local "do you remember this" sidenote on City Data Forum.
    I agree. If she hadn't done it on tv she'd have been long forgotten by now. So she lives on, if in infamy.

55. 06-05-2009, 10:52 AM

DexterKitty Guest
    I don't think she was mentally ill at all. Just because somebody is depressed or suicidal doesn't necessarily mean they are sick. Normal people suffer from depression too. There's no way she was mentally incapacitated. She planned everything out all the way to the most miniscule detail. She calculated every detail leading up to the shot.. A person with a mental illness acts out with reckless dissreguard. They don't think things through.

Seagorath Guest
    I believe "a tape" is still out there. The FCC has something...and there are still "episodes" of her Suncoast Digest out there (which is what I'm after). The 70's taping format and "mentality" certainly have made things difficult...but stuff will surface.

Trust me...

58. 06-06-2009, 06:12 PM

LitaMalibu Guest
    I don't know where I left off in the C.C. loop, but my friend who knows Skinny Puppy got back to me and said that he has the video of what they used to show at their shows. Although Budd Dwyer's is on it, Christine's is not. He would know for sure because he's a fellow death hag and has also been looking for this footage forever. He said that the footage was faked to make it look real. So, that takes care of the Skinny Puppy angle. Sorry for the bad news.

60. 06-07-2009, 03:15 PM

LitaMalibu Guest
    Yeah. My friend said they did a really good job at making it look real. He said some of the faked stuff was more gruesome than the real footage. I don't know what other footage they had was real other than Bud Dwyer's, but he definitely said Chubbuck's was not a part of it.