Page 49 of 63 FirstFirst ... 40474849505158 ... LastLast
Results 2,401 to 2,450 of 3141

Thread: Christine Chubbuck

ozzysmom Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by cleanskull View Post
    I was feeling no pain last night.

Neither was Christine, lol

Quote Originally Posted by Spliff View Post
    Hi, been a long-time lurker. Sorry if someone posted ths but her old house is on Zillow with interior pictures... http://www.zillow.com/homedetails/71...08111221_zpid/

I've always had a fascination with Chris Chubbuck and her story. I feel a connection to her in some ways even though I wasn't born until 3 years after the suicide.
    It was posted upthread that the house recently sold. I remember that it was a beautiful spot although the layout looked a bit awkward.

Wow! Would love me a vacation home in FL but can't begin to afford the 1.8M selling price!

ozzysmom Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Aviatrix View Post
    It was posted upthread that the house recently sold. I remember that it was a beautiful spot although the layout looked a bit awkward.

Wow! Would love me a vacation home in FL but can't begin to afford the 1.8M selling price!

No worries No matter where you live here in Florida, the beaches are never more than a 2 hour car ride away, max! Come on down!!
    Last edited by ozzysmom; 01-04-2015 at 08:56 AM. Reason: ugh, spelling, lol

Spliff Guest

Yeah, 1.8 mil is crazy especially for that amount of square footage but the view of the ocean right there would be amazing. Probably where her ashes were scattered too. makes me wonder if someone who bought it knew about all this because the price looks to be much higher than the estimate or value on that graph on the Zillow site. Kind of weird but I bet the master bedroom in that pic was Christine's since her Mom moved in a couple years later i read after she moved there. The one with 2 single beds put together. I'm trying to picture it with yellow everywhere like her brother decorated it. Ok, I'm getting way too creepy now haha.

Quote Originally Posted by Spliff View Post
    Yeah, 1.8 mil is crazy especially for that amount of square footage but the view of the ocean right there would be amazing. Probably where her ashes were scattered too. makes me wonder if someone who bought it knew about all this because the price looks to be much higher than the estimate or value on that graph on the Zillow site. Kind of weird but I bet the master bedroom in that pic was Christine's since her Mom moved in a couple years later i read after she moved there. The one with 2 single beds put together. I'm trying to picture it with yellow everywhere like her brother decorated it. Ok, I'm getting way too creepy now haha.
    Oh no you're not. You gotta be a teeny bit creepy to be here. And welcome to FAD as I see you haven't made many posts!

Ozzysmom, oh I wish! My daughter's bugging me about Disney - where we spent our honeymoon 10 years ago January 15th! I would love to! I'll look ya up when/if we get down there.
    Last edited by Aviatrix; 01-06-2015 at 02:34 PM. Reason: Correct Spelling Errors

ozzysmom Guest
    Ozzysmom, oh I wish! My daughter's bugging me about Disney - where we spent our honeymoon 10 years ago January 15th! I would love to! I'll look ya up when/if we get down there.

Please do!!!!!! I'll leave the sunshine on for ya

Quote Originally Posted by ozzysmom View Post
    No worries No matter where you live here in Florida, the beaches are never more than a 2 hour car ride away, max! Come on down!!
    We should plan a get together in the Spring for everyone wanting to visit Florida. Us Floridians can make recommendations on housing, restaurants, etc. Could be a good time for all. Thoughts?
    To my Father. Even though you have crossed the plane, you will always be with me.
    You were not just my Father, but my hero. My life has been a poor attempt to be like you
    You taught me music, vocals, and how to fight. I can only hope I am half the man you are
    When I close my eyes I can see you. And finally, Thank you Dad. for everything.
    March 1934-July 2016

ozzysmom Guest
    We could all meet at Christine's house! Hell, that's only about an hour from me, lol

Quote Originally Posted by ozzysmom View Post
    We could all meet at Christine's house! Hell, that's only about an hour from me, lol
    What is the town Ozzy's Mom?
    To my Father. Even though you have crossed the plane, you will always be with me.
    You were not just my Father, but my hero. My life has been a poor attempt to be like you
    You taught me music, vocals, and how to fight. I can only hope I am half the man you are
    March 1934-July 2016

weirdgurl Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcafgr View Post
    We should plan a get together in the Spring for everyone wanting to visit Florida. Us Floridians can make recommendations on housing, restaurants, etc. Could be a good time for all. Thoughts?
    I'd be up for that! Come on down everybody

Quote Originally Posted by weirdgurl View Post
    I'd be up for that! Come on down everybody
    Let's wait for the snow and ice are done up north.....might be easier to travel. Should be fun
    March 1934-July 2016

ozzysmom Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcafgr View Post
    What is the town Ozzy's Mom?

Christine lived and worked in Sarasota. I'm in St. Petersburg. It's just a quick trip over the Sunshine Skyway Bridge and I'm there

Seagorath Guest
    We need to do some Chrissy ghost hunting!

5253 Guest
    Sooooo. The July 15th, 1974 tape is probably lost forever. How the fuck are we gonna find other recordings of Christine Chubbuck?

Hel_Eljudnir Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by 5253 View Post
    Sooooo. The July 15th, 1974 tape is probably lost forever. How the fuck are we gonna find other recordings of Christine Chubbuck?
    yeah it's too bad. first time poster, long time reader of this thread. At least there was the E show for a little footage thankfully.

Quote Originally Posted by Hel_Eljudnir View Post
    yeah it's too bad. first time poster, long time reader of this thread. At least there was the E show for a little footage thankfully.
    Speaking of, does anyone know where I can get the full episode?

The only one I can find on YT is just over ten minutes long.

17. 01-16-2015, 06:49 PM
    Reason
    Quote, no comments

Spliff Guest
    Oh no you're not. You gotta be a teeny bit creepy to be here. And welcome to FAD as I see you haven't made many posts!

Thanks for the welcome. I lurked for at least a few years every once in a while... might post more. I wonder what they did with her Yellow VW "The Lemon"? I'm guessing her family sold it off. I saw that Greg Chubbuck has a facebook and that Gordon Gilbraith(?) guy and some other people from WXLT. Also I checked the google street map of the old station and there's a chunk of roof on the right front side missing it looks like. I wonder what happened to it, lightning maybe?

Curtis Radiohead Guest
    I can honestly say I have seen this tape in it's entirety sometime in the last 90's-early 2000s on an obscure death blog. it had both the Dwyer video in the blog as well. The video I saw was a camera filming it white it was playing in an office on a TV. It sticks in my head to this day. i have tried to find it many times in recent years but with no success. There is a website that chronicles old website that have been removed from the internet (or just unattended) and i need to check that out to see if i can find it. Also, Tor, into the dark web. A copy does exist, I am 110% sure of it.

Is there any archive other than the Wayback Machine? Because while it's okay retrieving websites that are mostly text, it's not so good with pictures, and sometimes misses entire individual pages from the old websites.

Curtis Radiohead Guest
    not sure

fuqputin Guest
    Hi, a long(ish) time lurker here.

Quote Originally Posted by Curtis Radiohead View Post
    I can honestly say I have seen this tape in it's entirety sometime in the last 90's-early 2000s on an obscure death blog.
    This may sound desperate but whatever.
    If I remember right, around the year 2000 watching video through streaming apps (like the YouTube player or similar) wasn't the default yet, and more often than not I had to first download a video file in order to watch it in say windows media player. Do you still own the computer you used at that time? If so, maybe you should go through the stuff on your hard drive? That is unless you've already done it. Of course that's a wild shot in the dark, though it would be funny to discover that you or someone else was in possession of the video all along.

See a lot of people on this thread are saying they have seen the video, online, so it had to be online at one time.

StewartGilliganGriffin Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by pkstracy View Post
    See a lot of people on this thread are saying they have seen the video, online, so it had to be online at one time.
    That's because they didn't. They are either honestly mistaken, lying, or they saw a fake clip.

I've never seen any myself but I'm wondering if it could have been one of those 'reconstruction'...I think that's the word, scenes that you see on crime shows and maybe it's been mistaken for the real thing?

I wouldn't go so far as to say it was never online or never seen by anyone - because possibly it was - but there's probably no point in raising one's hand and saying "yep, I saw it" unless it helps us take a concrete step in the direction of actually finding it. I feel like a hundred people on this thread have said they saw it, and it's not really adding up to anything...
    Sincerely yours,
    Upset

Quote Originally Posted by StewartGilliganGriffin View Post
    That's because they didn't. They are either honestly mistaken, lying, or they saw a fake clip.
    Just like in the case with Soupy Sales and his "...My wife makes great pies....I eat her cherry while she licks my banana"...joke"*****

Did Soupy Sales really tell this joke on the air at NYC's channel 5 back in the 60's ?? Soupy for decades had said it never happen. Dittos with his production crew and even the station that was supposed to had aired that joke ( the station is now known as FOX 5 New York )...nope never happened !!. Yet there are still those who claim to have seen this "clip" on You Tube.

*****depending as to whom tells the story it was "suck my banana" or "I finger her cherry". Either way say anything like THAT on TV in 1966 I am pretty sure it would had made national news and the switchboard at New York's channel 5 would had lit up like a Christmas tree.
    Last edited by choff; 03-12-2015 at 09:46 PM.

qulevergrrl Guest
    WOW WOW WOW!!! I started reading at the top of the page, and I sighed with relief when I read a post that seemed to finally put it to rest. THE TAPE DOESN"T EXIST! Then what happened? A few posts down, it happened again. Someone swears they remembered seeing it with the R. Budd Dwyer clip. Look, I'm sorry, but you didn't! Read all 2,400+ posts, and you'll see that this has been researched, reviewed, and debated to an exhausting degree. Nothing survived, nothing escaped that day, and nothing was duped. This was the 70's, when duping was done in REAL TIME! This isn't the first time money has been offered for the clip. I've gone off several times in this thread, but I'm getting older and dying faster, so here's a little clue for you all, "the Walrus was Paul." I stated in an earlier post I couldn't say how I knew, but I knew. I say a little more...a rock star I knew via the studio I worked for (as mentioned in a million posts) was obsessed with Chubbock, Dwyer, and the coming of age snuff tapes. He had a guy that would obtain what he could. That guy and our producer became friends. We'd get to screen some of the stuff, but the Chubbock tape became his Moby Dick. No matter how much money he threw at the cause, it never came to pass. Also, there were a lot of fake snuff style deals, but I doubt any were real, until the day one was. I never saw it, but I also never talked to any of them after the day the tape made its way into the studio. Why do I believe it was real? No one that saw it was the same after, and there was nothing else on the less than five minute tape. Of course I could be wrong, but I'll go to mine believing that if this guy couldn't get ahold of it with all of his resources, it is not out there. EVERY OTHER SINGLE THING I SAW THROUGH HIM IS NOW ON YT, with the exception of that last thing I mentioned.

The Dwyer clip is a perfect comparison. I saw the Dwyer video before the interwebz was even thought about. I rented Faces Of Death at the video store when I was a kid. Now you can find it anywhere on the net. If the Chubbuck clip existed it would be just as famous, if not more so.

I guess I am a liar and mistaken, because I have seen it.

Rosebud666 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by qulevergrrl View Post
    WOW WOW WOW!!! I started reading at the top of the page, and I sighed with relief when I read a post that seemed to finally put it to rest. THE TAPE DOESN"T EXIST! Then what happened? A few posts down, it happened again. Someone swears they remembered seeing it with the R. Budd Dwyer clip. Look, I'm sorry, but you didn't! Read all 2,400+ posts, and you'll see that this has been researched, reviewed, and debated to an exhausting degree. Nothing survived, nothing escaped that day, and nothing was duped. This was the 70's, when duping was done in REAL TIME! This isn't the first time money has been offered for the clip. I've gone off several times in this thread, but I'm getting older and dying faster, so here's a little clue for you all, "the Walrus was Paul." I stated in an earlier post I couldn't say how I knew, but I knew. I say a little more...a rock star I knew via the studio I worked for (as mentioned in a million posts) was obsessed with Chubbock, Dwyer, and the coming of age snuff tapes. He had a guy that would obtain what he could. That guy and our producer became friends. We'd get to screen some of the stuff, but the Chubbock tape became his Moby Dick. No matter how much money he threw at the cause, it never came to pass. Also, there were a lot of fake snuff style deals, but I doubt any were real, until the day one was. I never saw it, but I also never talked to any of them after the day the tape made its way into the studio. Why do I believe it was real? No one that saw it was the same after, and there was nothing else on the less than five minute tape. Of course I could be wrong, but I'll go to mine believing that if this guy couldn't get ahold of it with all of his resources, it is not out there. EVERY OTHER SINGLE THING I SAW THROUGH HIM IS NOW ON YT, with the exception of that last thing I mentioned.
    Well, evidently Yoko didn't find it yet. Otherwise she would have made it part of one of her artworks by now.

I guess I am a liar and mistaken, because I have seen it.
    Nah. I don't think you're a liar. I think you think you honestly saw it. But I promise that you didn't. I know it's probably really annoying someone telling you you didn't see something that you "know" you saw. I'm betting you saw a fake. Unless you saw it live when it happened?

Queen_Death_Hag Guest
    Who is this person anyway? Do I want to see her death scene is it a good one???

ozzysmom Guest
    The Dwyer clip is a perfect comparison. I saw the Dwyer video before the interwebz was even thought about. I rented Faces Of Death at the video store when I was a kid. Now you can find it anywhere on the net. If the Chubbuck clip existed it would be just as famous, if not more so.
    I think it would be more famous. The Death Hag Holy Grail!

ozzysmom Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Queen_Death_Hag View Post
    Start at the beginning of the thread and read through. We don't know her death scene even though when it happened it was LIVE on air. I would say Google her but you'll more info on her here, in this thread

DwyerChubbuckHag Guest
    I've been a death hag for a decade (only recently joined FaD), and I've posted here before. I just want to share my opinion here.

Based on roughly 3,000 posts, it's pretty clear: Unless you were watching WXLT-40 in Florida on Monday, July 15, 1974, at 9:38 AM Eastern, or were in-studio looking at Chris at the time, then you haven't seen it. I'm sorry, but you haven't. And if you were either in-studio or watching at home, great! Please share your story. Otherwise, the only footage we'll ever see is on the miracle, MIRACLE chance an FCC FOIA request goes through and they send Suncoast Digest footage. Yes, it worked for an E! Network executive, but we're not one of those. The second-best thing you can do for any related footage is to consult the Vanderbilt TV Archives and request the three Nightly News stories for that night.

Quote Originally Posted by DwyerChubbuckHag View Post
    I've been a death hag for a decade (only recently joined FaD), and I've posted here before. I just want to share my opinion here.

Based on roughly 3,000 posts, it's pretty clear: Unless you were watching WXLT-40 in Florida on Monday, July 15, 1974, at 9:38 AM Eastern, or were in-studio looking at Chris at the time, then you haven't seen it. I'm sorry, but you haven't. And if you were either in-studio or watching at home, great! Please share your story. Otherwise, the only footage we'll ever see is on the miracle, MIRACLE chance an FCC FOIA request goes through and they send Suncoast Digest footage. Yes, it worked for an E! Network executive, but we're not one of those. The second-best thing you can do for any related footage is to consult the Vanderbilt TV Archives and request the three Nightly News stories for that night.
    Totally agree !! Your post does make me wonder if there are any viewers left who had seen Chubbuck's death. ?? It's been just about 41 years ago and a viewer who was 40 then would be 80/81 now and unfortunately those folks probably don't remember much if anything about it now. Plus being an UHF station in 1974 ( back in those days UHF was a pain in the ass to tune it on those old channel selectors ) and a station that was affiliated with ABC no-less who in 1974 had rather poor viewership numbers at the time and being a small station that was in the shadows of a far bigger market ( Tampa Bay ) I doubt WXLT/Chubbuck had much in the way of viewers to begin with.

FWIW in my hometown in 1974 we had just one local TV station and that station was on UHF channel 25. Even though they were affiliated with a much more popular NBC at the time just about every viewer in the area still watched the "big guys" out of DC and Baltimore anyway. I had a former co-worker who did weather for them ( TV 25 ) back in those days and I can remember him joking that "...we had so few viewers I could had screamed the word fuck on the air and do the weather in the nude and nobody would even notice !!". The only reason that station survived at all was thanks to none other than JIM BAKKER who spent tons of money for his PTL Club to air on that station. If it wasn't for Bakker that station would had been as dead & pretty much forgotten as Red Barn family restaurants are today.

It wasn't until the 80s when cable became more popular that UHF started to gain viewers.
    Last edited by choff; 03-24-2015 at 09:07 PM.

Rosebud666 Guest
    I think it would be fair to say she is like a patron saint, the Virgin Mary, and the holy grail of death haggism all rolled into one. Sort of like the trinity or maybe he holy trifecta.

DwyerChubbuckHag Guest
    Chubbuck's suicide rests atop the zenith of death videos. There's Chubbuck's suicide at the top, then there's Owen Hart falling to his death in a close second place, then there's everything else. It is the absolute most sought-after death video on the planet. To uncover it and bring it to the internet would grant you immortality and the power to become a God.

And that's heavily understated in and of itself..

Queen_Death_Hag Guest
    Googling! You guys rock!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebud666 View Post
    I think it would be fair to say she is like a patron saint, the Virgin Mary, and the holy grail of death haggism all rolled into one. Sort of like the trinity or maybe he holy trifecta.
    I'd go with holy trifecta. The Trinity in a person The in One. Trifecta would be more apropos as death haggism isn't really a person... go ahead wap me with a banjo now. My sympathies to your country today.

Quote Originally Posted by choff View Post
    Totally agree !! Your post does make me wonder if there are any viewers left who had seen Chubbuck's death. ?? It's been just about 41 years ago and a viewer who was 40 then would be 80/81 now and unfortunately those folks probably don't remember much if anything about it now. Plus being an UHF station in 1974 ( back in those days UHF was a pain in the ass to tune it on those old channel selectors ) and a station that was affiliated with ABC no-less who in 1974 had rather poor viewership numbers at the time and being a small station that was in the shadows of a far bigger market ( Tampa Bay ) I doubt WXLT/Chubbuck had much in the way of viewers to begin with.

FWIW in my hometown in 1974 we had just one local TV station and that station was on UHF channel 25. Even though they were affiliated with a much more popular NBC at the time just about every viewer in the area still watched the "big guys" out of DC and Baltimore anyway. I had a former co-worker who did weather for them ( TV 25 ) back in those days and I can remember him joking that "...we had so few viewers I could had screamed the word fuck on the air and do the weather in the nude and nobody would even notice !!". The only reason that station survived at all was thanks to none other than JIM BAKKER who spent tons of money for his PTL Club to air on that station. If it wasn't for Bakker that station would had been as dead & pretty much forgotten as Red Barn family restaurants are today.

It wasn't until the 80s when cable became more popular that UHF started to gain viewers.
    This is discussed somewhere in the depths of this thread. If memory serves, her show averaged anywhere from 500 to 1000 viewers. If the video ever HAS been online, there's probably more people who have seen it on the web than saw it live.
    Sincerely yours,
    Upset

43. 04-02-2015, 09:04 PM

Sorry but...

I am quite sure I saw this in the 80s back in the "compuserv" days before the World Wide Web. I remember being disappointed in a way because as soon as the shot went off, she just slumped in the chair and slid behind the desk. Their was momentary laughter and then an off camera remark like "very funny" or "come on now". You saw someone walk towards the desk, then the picture goes dark.

I don't remember the name of the newscaster to say it was for sure her, but I would think it would have to be.

Thought I had it there for a second...

https://m.youtube.com/watn.ch?v=tIyPkSwtQLw

but then I was like no, no, "reporter SHOOTS herself"! Damn predictive text!
    Last edited by Upset; 04-03-2015 at 02:17 PM.
    Sincerely yours,
    Upset

fuqputin Guest

47. 05-13-2015, 11:06 PM

48. 07-03-2015, 11:10 AM

On the IMDB message board, someone is suggesting they change the name of the movie to avoid confusion with the Stephen King book/'movie about the demonic car.

I'm guessing it might just be a working title.
    Last edited by TheWrath of MadelineKahn; 07-03-2015 at 01:30 PM.
    [SIGPIC]Morgan[/SIGPIC]

50. 07-16-2015, 08:32 PM

51. 08-10-2015, 01:27 PM

ScaryBilbo77 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by duffyman View Post
    I am quite sure I saw this in the 80s back in the "compuserv" days before the World Wide Web. I remember being disappointed in a way because as soon as the shot went off, she just slumped in the chair and slid behind the desk. Their was momentary laughter and then an off camera remark like "very funny" or "come on now". You saw someone walk towards the desk, then the picture goes dark.

I don't remember the name of the newscaster to say it was for sure her, but I would think it would have to be.
    i saw this too, on www.machovideo.com, about 5 years ago, i wonder if it is still there?

ScaryBilbo77 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by duffyman View Post

what clothes was she wearing?, do you remember ?

fuqputin Guest
    In case you want to see a reeeally fake looking photo of Christine holding a gun, here you go:

http://lostmedia.wikia.com/wiki/Chri...orded_in_1974)

Someone posted it in the comment section. The weird thing is that I don't remember seeing this particular shot (pun definitely not intended) anywhere else, and there are so few of them online.

fuqputin Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by ScaryBilbo77 View Post
    what clothes was she wearing?, do you remember ?
    before he answers - assuming he will - could you describe what you saw in as much detail as possible?

ScaryBilbo77 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by fuqputin View Post
    In case you want to see a reeeally fake looking photo of Christine holding a gun, here you go:

http://lostmedia.wikia.com/wiki/Chri...orded_in_1974)

Someone posted it in the comment section. The weird thing is that I don't remember seeing this particular shot (pun definitely not intended) anywhere else, and there are so few of them online.
    Looks fake as hell, but I'd be interested in finding out where the photo is from. I too have never seen it until now.