Page 1 of 36 12310 ... LastLast

Thread: 9/11 Terrorist Attacks and Their Aftermath

poppie Guest

9/11 Terrorist Attacks and Their Aftermath

IMO, this administration is not really trying to eliminate bin Laden. If so, he would have already been found, dead or alive. Israel's Mossad could have been hired to find him years ago. These people are still looking for and still finding Nazi's from the 1930's to present time.

What are your thoughts?

Death Hag Chris Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by poppie View Post
    IMO, this administration is not really trying to eliminate bin Laden. If so, he would have already been found, dead or alive. Israel's Mossad could have been hired to find him years ago. These people are still looking for and still finding Nazi's from the 1930's to present time.

What are your thoughts?
    the only thing Dubbya wanted to do was upstage his retard dad and get Sadaam. and he DID! now that he's dead, Dipship...I mean Dubbya has no intention on going after the Bin Dickhead.

I think the main reason bush sr. didn't nail saddam during desert storm was he listened to good advice as to how saddams departure would destabilize the region and make it easier for a muslim extremist takeover with irans help.Guess we will find out now.
    Stay in Drugs. Eat your School. Don't do Vegetables.

poppie Guest
    Are we really looking for bin Laden?????????

I vote we just nuke the whole region.Wouldn't radioactive oil be even more powerful?
    Stay in Drugs. Eat your School. Don't do Vegetables.

I predict this tread is gonna get attacked by Fox news channel addicts

TNpuck Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by cleanskull View Post
    I think the main reason bush sr. didn't nail saddam during desert storm was he listened to good advice as to how saddams departure would destabilize the region and make it easier for a muslim extremist takeover with irans help.Guess we will find out now.
    That could certainly be part of it, but I think it had more to do with what the coalition/UN was willing to go along with. Most of the nations that contributed to Desert Shield/Storm did so with the understanding that the object was removal of Iraqi troops from Kuwait, not the removal of Hussein from power.

Well, if you listen to Sylvia Browne.."Osama is dead, honey". As she picks at her teeth!!! Oy! That woman makes me sooo mad!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]peek-a-boo!!

Gardner32 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by cleanskull View Post
    I vote we just nuke the whole region.Wouldn't radioactive oil be even more powerful?

I vote for nuking the whole region too. Don't know about the oil though!

ComputerGuy Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by JefeStone View Post
    Here we go. Trying to make something political again.

TNpuck Guest
    You singled out that post?? LOL

ComputerGuy Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by TNpuck View Post
    You singled out that post?? LOL
    There are a bunch others.

TNpuck Guest
    Um, the title of the thread is "Bin Laden", so how exactly are the responses not going to be political?

Unless we can get Microsoft to search for him...

ComputerGuy Guest
    Um, the title of the thread is "Bin Laden", so how exactly are the responses not going to be political?

Unless we can get Microsoft to search for him...
    No Steve Jobs could flush him out in a heartbeat using his iSpy

TNpuck Guest
    Good point...

Harry in Connecticut Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by poppie View Post
    Are we really looking for bin Laden?????????
    No. We are not.

Not unless he suddenly gains power over some really huge oil fields.

Ron Burgundy Guest
    No Jeffrey....I predict you were too young to remember that your beloved Bill Clinton had 3 opportunities between the years 1996-1998 to put the shackles on Osama Bin Laden, and decided not to do so each and every time.

He was basically offered up to him....and he declined. He was vehemently warned about him....and failed to do anything about it!!

And no.....I did NOT hear this on Fox news!!!!!!

http://www.infowars.com/saved%20pages/Prior_Knowledge/Clinton_let_bin_laden.htm
    http://www.papillonsartpalace.com/clintBon.htm
    http://www.papillonsartpalace.com/pentagon.htm
    http://archive.newsmax.com/archives/...6/223109.shtml
    http://frontpagemag.com/Articles/Rea...3-D82B70231153}

I'll stop linking now...because it would take all day!
    Last edited by Ron Burgundy; 11-16-2007 at 08:35 AM.

TNpuck Guest
    You should really get your facts straight. If I remember correctly, and I am old enough to remember, he had chances, and he even tried a couple of times but the opportunities presented the possibility of collateral damage, meaning ally's of the U.S. could have been killed as well. He was advised not to go thru with it, and against his better judgement, he caved.

Do you remember how Republicans kept whining "wag the dog" because this was going on right in the middle of the impeachment?

Ron Burgundy Guest
    You should really get your facts straight. If I remember correctly, and I am old enough to remember, he had chances, and he even tried a couple of times but the opportunities presented the possibility of collateral damage, meaning ally's of the U.S. could have been killed as well. He was advised not to go thru with it, and against his better judgement, he caved.

Do you remember how Republicans kept whining "wag the dog" because this was going on right in the middle of the impeachment?
    sorry....but that's not how it went down.

show me some proof, if you please.

TNpuck Guest
    Read the 9/11 commission.

TNpuck Guest

mgpm Guest
    Maybe if Clinton wasn't defending himself from nutcases who were frantic over him getting a blow job, he could have focused more. All that useless crap had to take time and energy away from doing more important work.

TNpuck Guest
    Agreed.

Snoopy Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by mgpm View Post
    Maybe if Clinton wasn't defending himself from nutcases who were frantic over him getting a blow job, he could have focused more. All that useless crap had to take time and energy away from doing more important work.
    Oh so right you are!!

Krissypoo Guest
    Osama bin Laden was enemy #1 after 9/11. We should have been consumed with finding and punishing him. It is shameful that with all of our country's assets at our disposal, we have not caught and killed him. He came over here, killed innocent people, and got away with it.

MorbidMolly Guest

ROTFLMAO..........yes, I`d like to add my 2 cents but I don`t want to be labled an " un-Amercian nerd ".....tsk tsk to have your own opinions....and I predict your right....

onehunglow Guest
    Well if is taking 67 years to find old Nazis, that's not going to make want to hire them. I would look in a home.
    Last edited by onehunglow; 11-16-2007 at 12:51 PM.

MorbidMolly Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by onehunglow View Post
    Well if is taking 67 years to find old Nazis, that not going to make want to hire them. I would look in a home.
    SPEEEEEEEWWWW......LMAO....

Quote Originally Posted by soundqcar View Post
    No Jeffrey....I predict you were too young to remember that your beloved Bill Clinton had 3 opportunities between the years 1996-1998 to put the shackles on Osama Bin Laden, and decided not to do so each and every time.

He was basically offered up to him....and he declined. He was vehemently warned about him....and failed to do anything about it!!

And no.....I did NOT hear this on Fox news!!!!!!

http://www.infowars.com/saved%20pages/Prior_Knowledge/Clinton_let_bin_laden.htm
    http://www.papillonsartpalace.com/clintBon.htm
    http://www.papillonsartpalace.com/pentagon.htm
    http://archive.newsmax.com/archives/...6/223109.shtml
    http://frontpagemag.com/Articles/Rea...3-D82B70231153}

I'll stop linking now...because it would take all day!
    BTW I am old enough. Im 38. You are linking Alex Jones website infowars.com and expect people to take you serious? It's funny that you defend Bush and Alex Jones says Bush, Cheney, Wolfowitz and the rest of the Bilderberg's planned 9/11. If you read infowar's explain to us what The Project for a New American Century is all about. That should sum up the Bush legacy, if you believe conspiracy theory's. Im not some ignorant young liberal that gets mad and shoots off his mouth. I love my country. I study the information given me with a open mind. I'll gladly debate anyone, but I wont argue or get emotional.
    Last edited by JefeStone; 11-20-2007 at 03:37 AM.

deathybrad Guest
    You sound pretty argumentative and emotional.

Who is Theroy?

9/11

I did a search to make sure that this thread wasn't started already, and apparently it hasn't.

Here it is, over six years later and I can't get over it. It still seems so unbelievable to me. I remember the day like yesterday and my boss getting pissed at me for not going into work that day. Instead, I stayed home and watched TV in complete disbelief.

I have read a great deal on the subject, watched various documentaries and have even spoke at great length with people who survived and/or who were on site that day. I still can't believe it happened.

A couple of things stand out for me that I cannot get out of my mind. The day after 9/11, rescuers heard a loud chirping sound that they couldn't figure out where it was coming from or caused by. Eventually, they realized they were the rescue packs of the fallen police and firemen that go off after a certain time of inactivity to help rescuers find them. Those on scene said the sound was overpoweringly loud, heartbreaking and horrible once they figured out what was causing the noise.

The other thing that blows my mind is that they found thousands of pairs of shoes, but no owners, during the months of the cleanup. I realize that quite a few victims were probably cremated as a result of the jet fuel burning in the wreckage of the buildings for days afterward. But I still cannot comprehend how that many people just disappeared, no one ever finding a single trace of their DNA during the massive recovery effort.

This tragedy, no matter how long afterward, will be one that I will never forget nor will I ever be able to comprehend. It still seems absolutely impossible that it could have ever happened. God bless all of the victims and I pray their survivors are able to eventually have some peace in their lives, if that is even possible.
    Any day above ground is a good day.

GODDESS6 Guest
    i wrk from home & always watch the TODAY show in the morning~ i was in total shock, the images seemed so unreal, especially since we were just in NYC & saw these buildings~ i live a mile from offutt airforce base also called stratcom & this is one of the bases that bush went that day, his plane flew right over my house, so low, you could see the presidential logo~ 9/11 is something i will never forget, it is also my dad's birthday & he is passed on now & my granny was so pissed that this happened on my dad's birthday~

I still find it unbelieveable, too. I can remember watching the whole thing on t.v., and it was bad enough when you thought it was just a single plane, but then the second, and then both buildings collapsing right before your eyes . . .

I was on the phone with a friend of mine who was driving down the Beltway in the Washington area, and he hadn't seen the news. As I was describing what had happened- really incoherently, as I was in complete disbelief, he said: "You know, there's smoke coming from the Pentagon . . ." Very weird, unreal experience.

My husband had a friend who was on the American flight that crashed into the World Trade Center. When he was calling around to get details on his friend's memorial service, he accidentally called the man's voicemail. Obviously, the phone was gone, along with the owner, but the voicemail was still active. My husband had it on speakerphone. Man, that was eerie, hearing that guy's "leave a message" from the grave. A friend of mine lost a cousin in one of the Towers. After his memorial service, she went back to his home in Connecticut, and she said it was eerie, and really sad, seeing all his mail and bills lined up on his desk, as he must have left them that last day, going off to work. The sense of all these lives just interrupted and gone so suddenly is really haunting.

GODDESS6 Guest
    the one story that really got me was a young woman who died in the towers, all i remember is that her name was melissa & that she was from cali & was in the towers for business~ she called her husband when the 1st plane hit telling him she was way at the top of the building & that she was scared & loved him~ now w/ the time difference, her husband never got that call until it was too late, but he shared her message w/ the media & it broke me down badly~ he was so angry that he was sleeping & didn't hear the ringing & take the call~ all he had was this voicemail message~ truly heartbreaking~

Ghoulie Girl Guest
    I remember it just like it was yesterday.
    It was, and still is, shock and awe, as to how all this could happen.

The entire nation was affected by these horrible acts of intentional murder and destruction.

I watched it on CNN in total unbelievable awe (it was like a blockbuster movie)and when the buildings collapsed i just can't comprehend or explain how i felt just pure devastation and sadness for all who were in the buildings and then the aftermath of all those people searching for their loved ones the pictures after pictures of missing people and all the reports and media coverage, i have the 9/11 dvd the french brothers did and i cannot watch it without crying, everytime i see coverage of it in recent years it always chokes me up, i still can't believe it happened these were very very sad days that will stay with me always,

Mamma Guest
    The other thing that blows my mind is that they found thousands of pairs of shoes, but no owners, during the months of the cleanup... But I still cannot comprehend how that many people just disappeared, no one ever finding a single trace of their DNA during the massive recovery effort.
    Geeky ~ my dad worked the crash site of a DC-10 that crashed in nearby Metairie many years ago. Not one body had their shoes on. Not one. The impact of the crash was enough to blow the shoes off of victims, sending their shoes flying up to hundreds of feet away. The bodies at impact are what incinerated as they stayed close to the impact site, whether that be on the ground, in the plane, or as in the case of 9/11, the building itself. Bodies tend to blow apart in pieces after such an impact, making it easier to burn and find no trace of human remains in the intense heat. The shoes however, were blown away so far away, the extreme heat did not destroy them.

Excellent observation from one death hag to another, btw . My father is still baffled by that crash site 30 years later, because none had their shoes on.

cachluv Guest
    The moon was high in the clear blue sky on that day. It's that way often but it was spooky. Also it was very unsettling that all the TV channels were the same coverage of the events.

It was and is heartbreaking.

Mamma Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by cachluv View Post
    The moon was high in the clear blue sky on that day. It's that way often but it was spooky. Also it was very unsettling that all the TV channels were the same coverage of the events.

It was and is heartbreaking.
    Hush Cachluv, you're gonna make me cry . VERY heartbreaking to this day, I cannot escape it .

Katie Guest
    I was in a classroom that day when I found out. We didn't want the children to know what was going on, until their parents had time to talk with them, so we took turns leaving our classroom to go to the library to watch on a TV set up.

One of the teachers I worked with was concerned about her father who was in the Pentagon. As it turned out, the plane came right over his desk, but he had called a special meeting with all of his staff, in another part of the building, so they were all safe.

Because I was teaching on a military post, we were told that if the attacks continued, we might have to stay with the students for days, which was a problem with my own kids who were in a school else where, and hubby was out of the country.

My heart ached for days after this happened. It just was so unbelievable.

Mamma Guest
    My heart ached for days after this happened. It just was so unbelievable.
    Mine still does.

scootershort Guest
    It was truly an amazing day, but not amazing in a good way. My heart still aches for those lost and their families. In some ways, it seems like a dream that we really can't wake up from. The world is so different know.. everyone seems on edge with some people thinking that all Muslims and Middle Easterns are terrorist. It just seems sad... the world will never be the same....

On a side note... How does it make you feel when you see the Twin Towers in the movies? That truly makes me remember that day... One day home sick and watching movies, I saw them 4 times.. They were truly beautiful.

sassie Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by scootershort View Post
    On a side note... How does it make you feel when you see the Twin Towers in the movies? That truly makes me remember that day... One day home sick and watching movies, I saw them 4 times.. They were truly beautiful.
    Every time I see them in movies, it makes my heart ache. I can't help but think that there are people in them during the movie that were also in them the day they went down.

I remember the day that the ground was broken to begin building the WTC-never thought, that day, that we would see them fall.

Heartbreaking. There isn't a single story that came out of 9/11 that doesn't make me cry. That the day has gone unavenged makes me even sadder. I don't particularly want revenge, but I would like to see justice served.

Katie Guest
    If you have not listened to the tape of the businessman on the phone with 911 just before the buildings fell, you should. It is heartbreaking. It can be found here on another thread if someone can locate it.

Reecy Guest
    This was a tragic time in our lives. What makes me mad is that Bin Laden is still not found.

Katie Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Reecy View Post
    This was a tragic time in our lives. What makes me mad is that Bin Laden is still not found.
    You know, I have wondered if he is still alive. Remember a couple of years ago we heard about how sick he was? It would be easy these days to make tapes using old footage of him, with a new message.

attackatdawn Guest
    The world will never be the same, on that day I had a doctor's appointment was watching the news and when the second plane hit it I saw it on tv, later in the doctors waiting room they had a tv on and everyone was watching in silient disbelief.

My stepson was in Irag for 2 years as a MP before he was sent to Irag his unit went to New York and saw where the World Trade Towers had been and the destruction. He said you could almost feel the presence of the souls lost there and feel the sadness of that horrible site. My stepson was 23 then and he seen some things in Irag noone should ever see. 3 guys in his unit where blown to bits in front of him and he had some shrapnel imbeded in his face & chest. I agree with you Reecy it angers me we can't find Bin Laden the devil himself!

Snoopy Guest
    I was running my Daycare that morning and was sitting outside watching the kids play in my yard thinking how beautiful a morning it was..my mom called to tell me what was happening..It was denial for me at first then total shock and disbelief! My heart still breaks when I see the twin towers in movies and such..My husband and I watched the movie Twin Towers just yards from Ground zero..The hotel we were staying at had a movie theater in it..what a strange experience that was.

Mrs. James Dean Guest
    It still feels like it was a yesterday in a way. I was in college in the computer lab. I had a 7:30am class and got to school earlier because I need to print an essay. I got the lab at around 6:30am. I was unaware of anything until I decided to go to this U2 message board I was a member at the moment and they had a thread on the tragedy. I immediately went on msnbc.com and saw the HORRIFIC photos.

I went to class that day and as I walked in the room there was a T.V with the news footage on it. Everyone in class was glued to the T.V. Our professor had a hard time teaching the class. After that class was over, I had to rush to other side of campus for my English class. Then I heard through the AP System that classes were canceled and campus would be close. I headed to downtown to go to church; it was packed. Then I went home and watched the news and it was haunting.

The thing that I cannot get out of my head is the image of those people trapped in the high floors jumping out of their windows to their death. Why on earth would they show that on T.V? I can still feel the "panic" from watching this on T.V. Nobody new what was going on or what would happen. It was such a horrible day.

SueWahoo Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Katie View Post
    If you have not listened to the tape of the businessman on the phone with 911 just before the buildings fell, you should. It is heartbreaking. It can be found here on another thread if someone can locate it.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JbOzSeu6sJA