Page 34 of 36 FirstFirst ... 253233343536 LastLast
Results 1,651 to 1,700 of 1768

Thread: 9/11 Terrorist Attacks and Their Aftermath

I agree Paulination. It was a terrorist attack. Just sometimes I have to watch those videos, like I watch other conspiracy videos. Just something to do... they aren't going to change my mind. Nobody knows how they would react if that happened to them, you might very well tell your mother your full name on the phone, even though she knows your name. It's not proof of a conspiracy by any means.

Mammy Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Paulination View Post
    The reason the hole doesn't match what you would think it should look like (for example the hole in the trade center) is because the Pentagon has a heavily fortified exterior. When the plan hit it only the part of the collision which had the most energy and mass could penetrate it directly (the nose). The wings broke off and folded inside the same hole since they too had immense energy but lacked the mass to break through on their own. Plenty of parts were (albeit not very big) where expelled and recovered.

9/11 was what it was. A terrorist attack. The only internal evil to be found is that the intelligence community and our commanders in chiefs (Clinton and Bush) failed to act in a timely enough manor.
    I like the way you explained this. It makes perfect sense. I agree that it was a terrorist attack. The conspiracy theories are really far fetched.

I just watched a conspiracy video about Princess Diana's death, so pick a subject, there is a wild conspiracy theory.

Just read: What is Life Worth: The Unprecedented Effort to Compensate the Victims of 9/11 by Ken Feinberg.

2880 claims were paid for deceased victims - total payout $5.9 billion

maximum payout was $7.1 million
    average payout was $2.08 million
    minimum payout $250,000

11 undocumented workers were killed - all families were found and compensated
    249 foreign nationals were killed - all families were compensated
    7 families refused to apply for compensation. one father believed his son wasn't killed and he had gone into hiding.

Easiest families to deal with were the military families.
    Toughest families were those of the well paid investment firms who were expecting settlements of $50-60 million.
    26 fraudulent claims were made and 6 were prosecuted.

2690 injury claims were paid out totaling $1.05 billion.

Maximum payout $8.5 million ( burn victims).
    minimum payout $500.00
    Average payout $392,968.11

Total payout was $6.9 billion. All awards were tax free.
    Cost of running the victims fund was $86.8 million - 9/11 was costly to say the least.

Families of the terrorists did not apply for compensation. Strangely, the legislation did not ban them from applying.
    Last edited by cash; 07-09-2015 at 06:09 PM.

qulevergrrl Guest
    Wow! I just read that list of the payouts. UNBELIEVABLE! The investment firm families expected 50-60 mil? I mean, how can you put a price on human life, but what about all of the firefighters and their families who lived? All of those who lived in the vicinity? I've tried reading through the pages of some of these monster threads and been called a troll. I read several of the pages and didn't see too many who literally ate human skin after living down there. I know Joplinfrk did. NOW THOSE ARE HEARTBREAKING STORIES! It's just aweful! So since we can't compensate everyone for everything, we just have to keep coming back and holding each other up. We have to keep praying together and coming together as one.

Some newly released photos from inside the White House taken Sept 11/2001

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...or-attack.html

luckyinlove Guest
    Thanks for sharing those

Thanks cash...great find
    To my Father. Even though you have crossed the plane, you will always be with me.
    You were not just my Father, but my hero. My life has been a poor attempt to be like you
    You taught me music, vocals, and how to fight. I can only hope I am half the man you are
    When I close my eyes I can see you. And finally, Thank you Dad. for everything.
    March 1934-July 2016

Taliban leader Mullah Omar maybe dead. Good riddance:

http://www.cnn.com/2015/07/29/asia/a...n-mullah-omar/

luckyinlove Guest
    Wonder why they all got different amounts?

The Dust Lady has died of cancer at age 42.

http://www.kansascity.com/news/natio...e32451261.html
    [SIGPIC]Morgan[/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by TheWrath of MadelineKahn View Post
    The Dust Lady has died of cancer at age 42.

http://www.kansascity.com/news/natio...e32451261.html
    Her photo is one I will never forget.

What a sad story.

May she rest in peace.

Just breaks my heart.

rip

Quote Originally Posted by cash View Post
    rip

Oh geez. I remember that haunting pic. RIP.
    Stay in Drugs. Eat your School. Don't do Vegetables.

I remember the video of her walking out of the dust that day. R.I.P.

I wonder if they're adding the numbers of people who died early due to inhaling the dust in the final total of those attacks??? This will continue for some time. RIP
    To understand the living, you got to commune with the dead.
    Minerva

She really put a face upon the tragedy.

Those buildings must have been an asbestos nightmare, I remember watching a documentary on 911 once and remember a few of the people who were searching the rubble had developed cancer.

And she was smart. She was on the 83rd floor, her boss told them to stay at their desks, but she knew she should get out of there. So sad. That picture of her is oddly elegant.

Quote Originally Posted by Hidium View Post
    And she was smart. She was on the 83rd floor, her boss told them to stay at their desks, but she knew she should get out of there. So sad. That picture of her is oddly elegant.
    I wonder how many of her fellow co-workers on the 83rd floor followed suite and came down? I'd be like sorry Boss I quit.

I watched "Out of the Clear Blue Sky" on Netflix last night. It's about Cantor Fitzgerald, which lost 658 employees that day. A very sad film. The director's brother was a Cantor employee who died.
    For man also knoweth not his time: as the fishes that are taken in an evil net, and as the birds that are caught in the snare; so are the sons of men snared in an evil time, when it falleth suddenly upon them.

What's so good about goodbye, when the best was yet to come?

I don't know which building the dust lady was in, but if I saw the first tower on fire while I was in the second tower, I wouldn't believe anyone who said it was safe. This is why we should always follow our gut feelings.

I'm not here to start a flame war, or cause any problem with anyone. I so rarely post these days, mostly from lack of time. But I couldn't sit back and read some of the posts I've seen here, from apparently intelligent, logical people.

I hope you watch the link, enclosed, and then tell me that at least part of the entire 9/11 event wasn't a conspiracy. So many things don't add up. No bodies, at any of the locations, no plane parts, no engines.... compare that with any other crash, minor or severe, and this doesn't collaborate simple science and physics. A plane does not disintegrate upon crashing. Wings don't magically disappear. And wings also can't magically slice into a concrete and steel framed building like a Bugs Bunny cartoon.

Look at the evidence of steel reinforced buildings that burned longer and more severely than WTC1, 2 and 7: One Meridian Plaza Fire, First Interstate Bank Fire, Caracas Tower Fire in Venezuela, The Beijing Mandarin Oriental Hotel Fire.... and so on. There is no justifiable reason for WTC 7 falling, and falling at free-fall speed, unless it was a premeditated implosion.

I'm not going to go any further, especially this close to the "anniversary" of an even that should never have happened. I, as every other human should do, is mourn the innocent men, women and children who died in this horrible event. Both here and overseas. Let us never forget.

https://youtu.be/CUoqwUVOxHE

How much tinfoil does it take to make a hat?
    Sincerely yours,
    Upset

navallint Guest

Well played.
    Sincerely yours,
    Upset

There are none so blind as those who refuse to see.
    Minerva

Hockeywife Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by McCourt View Post
    I wonder if they're adding the numbers of people who died early due to inhaling the dust in the final total of those attacks??? This will continue for some time. RIP
    http://nypost.com/2015/08/30/dust-la...-after-attack/

Interesting read.

Quote Originally Posted by Upset View Post
    How much tinfoil does it take to make a hat?
    Tinfoil hat or no tinfoil hat, please explain to me how a) a plane can fly at sea level going 500+ miles per hour and not stall and or break-apart mid-air, b) how a plane can "slice" into a concrete and steel reinforced building like a cartoon, and b) where is the video from the plane at the Pentagon?

They have 2 frames from the gas station across the street. there are cameras everywhere, it's the Pentagon for crying out loud. Where is all of the other footage?

Too many things don't add up in my mind. However, I don't appreciate the negative response to what I thought was mostly thoughtful and thought-provoking post. I guess if YOU don't believe it, I shouldn't or CAN"T believe it.

Quote Originally Posted by Hockeywife View Post
    Yes, it was! Thank you. I hope she is added.
    Minerva

Did I just imagine seeing the second plane fly into the tower live on TV that morning or was The Today Show in on the conspiracy with doctored footage ready to be shown while the anchors were trained to act bewildered and wonder what was going on?

If you choose to read pro-conspiracy theory sites I can see starting to believe them. Crazy people can be very convincing, even when they don't always know what they are talking about. There are several other sites that explain the answers to all that you are questioning.

http://www.debunking911.com/freefall.htm0

heres a quick and easy one

http://www.news.com.au/world/six-rea...-1226717737311
    Last edited by atomicbettie; 09-01-2015 at 04:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by chirock View Post

I hope you watch the link, enclosed, and then tell me that at least part of the entire 9/11 event wasn't a conspiracy. So many things don't add up. No bodies, at any of the locations, no plane parts, no engines.... compare that with any other crash, minor or severe, and this doesn't collaborate simple science and physics. A plane does not disintegrate upon crashing. Wings don't magically disappear. And wings also can't magically slice into a concrete and steel framed building like a Bugs Bunny cartoon.

Look at the evidence of steel reinforced buildings that burned longer and more severely than WTC1, 2 and 7: One Meridian Plaza Fire, First Interstate Bank Fire, Caracas Tower Fire in Venezuela, The Beijing Mandarin Oriental Hotel Fire.... and so on. There is no justifiable reason for WTC 7 falling, and falling at free-fall speed, unless it was a premeditated implosion.

I'm not going to go any further, especially this close to the "anniversary" of an even that should never have happened. I, as every other human should do, is mourn the innocent men, women and children who died in this horrible event. Both here and overseas. Let us never forget.

https://youtu.be/CUoqwUVOxHE
    False.
    For man also knoweth not his time: as the fishes that are taken in an evil net, and as the birds that are caught in the snare; so are the sons of men snared in an evil time, when it falleth suddenly upon them.

What's so good about goodbye, when the best was yet to come?

Your right about that. I saw the Loose Change doc, and it had me thinking it was very possible. There is always going to be doubt when things don't add up for some people. We watched it live from the Toronto Stock Exchange that morning, and saw the 2nd plane hit, everyone was like WTF just happened. Surreal. Walking home that night you could have heard a pin drop. I think people were so stunned by what they had seen.
    Today you could be standing next to someone who is trying their best not to fall apart. So whatever you do today, do it with kindness.

Quote Originally Posted by chirock View Post
    Tinfoil hat or no tinfoil hat, please explain to me how a) a plane can fly at sea level going 500+ miles per hour and not stall and or break-apart mid-air, b) how a plane can "slice" into a concrete and steel reinforced building like a cartoon, and b) where is the video from the plane at the Pentagon?

They have 2 frames from the gas station across the street. there are cameras everywhere, it's the Pentagon for crying out loud. Where is all of the other footage?

Too many things don't add up in my mind. However, I don't appreciate the negative response to what I thought was mostly thoughtful and thought-provoking post. I guess if YOU don't believe it, I shouldn't or CAN"T believe it.
    The only way that one can buy into a conspiracy is to latch on to the few perceived irregularities meanwhile ignoring the many known facts. To address your list:

A) I don't understand this question. They were going at whatever speed they were going. The how is irrelevant. BTW, a stall is an aerodynamic term for the lack of lift caused by too little speed, angle of attack, or both. Opposite of what happened.
    B) Once again, the how is irrelevant, it did it. We saw it do it.
    C) There may or may not be other footage from the Pentagon. Maybe it wasn't released to the public. Either way, plenty of aircraft debris littered the place let alone all of the eye witnesses that saw it.
    I've never been ashamed to be a white American and I have ZERO guilt and no pussy liberal is going to make me feel I should.
    --McCourt

R.I.P. To all of those who died in the tragedy, after the tragedy and all the innocent people who were killed during the useless war on "terror"

While I can respect and have an open mind to conspiracy theories I think the video was too "out there" especially with the talk of holograms and such.

I remember seeing the ball of light picture that was taken from across the street of the Pentagon. Here's my question if a plane at the height it was going at the WTC (according to conspiracy theory video listed above) could not penetrate the buildings, how could it penetrate the walls of the Pentagon with the Pentagon being much lower? According to the video airplanes would not be able to get enough speed to go through the buildings like they did without having the proper altitude. Wouldn't be the Pentagon of all places me made of stronger materials?

Much respect and sadness for all that had their lives torn away from them, and to all that keep us safe.
    To my Father. Even though you have crossed the plane, you will always be with me.
    You were not just my Father, but my hero. My life has been a poor attempt to be like you
    You taught me music, vocals, and how to fight. I can only hope I am half the man you are
    When I close my eyes I can see you. And finally, Thank you Dad. for everything.
    March 1934-July 2016

AussieBec Guest
    I remember this day like it was yesterday,For some reason that night i couldn't sleep so i got up turned the tv on and sat and watched with horror.I was 15 at the time and my aunty and uncle and cousin were expected to fly out of boston that day during their holiday from Australia.For 5 hours we sat there during the night getting a phone call at 5am to say they were ok and were getting ready to board their plane when all flights were cancelled.When they were able to come home they were shaken up but they did go back especially for one of the anniversaries in New York.

RIP to all that lost their lives and much love to the people who survived but are for ever not the same xx

If I were one of the fortunate ones to walk away from the building completely unscathed on that day I would not set foot on WTC soil for the rest of my life, regardless on however many memorial services or even to view that monument.

I have been watching the History Channel most of the day, feeling the same extreme sorrow and anger I feel every year at this time.
    Stay in Drugs. Eat your School. Don't do Vegetables.

Always a sad day for me, a friend lost his brother that morning. He was in town just for a meeting and was trapped in the North Tower. Thinking of you today Chris and your family.
    Today you could be standing next to someone who is trying their best not to fall apart. So whatever you do today, do it with kindness.

Quote Originally Posted by cleanskull View Post
    I have been watching the History Channel most of the day, feeling the same extreme sorrow and anger I feel every year at this time.
    Yep me too, CS. Still watching it. I feel exactly the same.

human Guest
    yea terrorists make me feel angry too ... those sick bastards learned the meaning of consequences that day
    Last edited by human; 09-11-2015 at 09:33 PM.

I didn't see a thread for it but a crane collapsed on the Grand Mosque in Mecca killing 107. Ironic that it should happen on Sept. 11th.

The co-founder of Devo married a woman less than half his age 09/11/15, guess what the wedding theme was?

1. Check out the party favors
    2. Wonder just how many drugs were done by Jerry Casale in the 1980s

http://www.tmz.com/2015/09/14/devo-c...-jerry-casale/
    [SIGPIC]Morgan[/SIGPIC]

luckyinlove Guest
    Disgusting

I like to say different strokes and all that, but damn that is one stupid ass wedding theme. I get being an artist and having a dark sense of humor, I like to think I have one myself, but I still don't see the humor in that at all. I mean seriously, anyone who would have a tragedy themed wedding can't be all right in the head, can they? Would someone have a holocaust wedding? I probably shouldn't even ask that. I mean I am sure there have been Nazi themed weddings, I've even seen them (usually on crime shows, showing the perp/s before their crimes but I digress), but the actual holocaust?? I am hoping not.

My birthday is Sept. 12, and this has put a damper on my birthday for the last 14 years. I'm not complaining or making it about me at all, just saying, it's made it hard to celebrate anything around this time, even when my birthday wasn't the same day. That year was especially bad for me, I'd had surgery to repair a hernia so I was out from work, then my grandfather died suddenly on 9/9/01 in MO and I couldn't travel due to recovering. My family ended up stuck in MO after the funeral because of air traffic being grounded and my mom's cousin had to drive them back to MN. Because I was off work and up early getting ready for a post op doctor appt I was actually watching when they were live and the 2nd plane hit. I was watching Today and I remember Katie Couric being befuddled by what had just happened.

I watched the coverage of 9/11 for at least a week straight. Not that I had any choice. My roommate got sick of it after 3 days, and of course literally all regular programming was off the air for I don't even know how long. But I kept watching and watching. Since then I've barely watched a thing about it. It's too sad, and it makes me angry. Between all that happened, my personal circumstances that week and everything else I just can't watch anything about it. I'll never forget it though.

I've never watched the FX show The League, but one of the actors, Steve Rannazzisi, has told a 9/11 survival story.

"In elaborate detail, Mr. Rannazzisi, 37, has described working at Merrill Lynch’s offices on the 54th floor of the south tower when the first plane struck the north tower.

“I was there and then the first tower got hit and we were like jostled all over the place,” he told an interviewer in 2009.

He fled to the street just minutes before another plane slammed into his building, he said, and decided that very day that life was too precious to waste opportunities. So he abandoned his New York desk job to pursue a career as an entertainer in Los Angeles."

The New York Times investigated and found 1. He never worked at Merrill Lynch and 2. Merrill Lynch didn't have an office in the South Tower. Rannazzisi did work elsewhere in midtown on 9/11.

As recently as last year he talked about his girlfriend working in the South Tower, she didn't.

He's very sorry for lying about these stories since 2009.

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/09/17/ar...lied.html?_r=0
    [SIGPIC]Morgan[/SIGPIC]

I have always wondered why building 7 fell, demolition style. That has never made sense. While watching one of the many shows on TV I learned that when aluminium reaches a very high temperature, and water is added it becomes explosive. OK, that would make sense, 3,000 lbs of aluminum from each plane scattered in each building finally reaching the right temp. plus water from sprinkler systems would equal explosion... but building 7 wasn't hit by a plane. Someone explain that.

Another show told of a woman that I remember hearing about. I couldn't find anything about her on-line so I started thinking it was an urban legend. But they told about her. She was Jane Doe #1, and was hit by the landing gear of the first plane when it fell on her while she was standing in the street, so she was the first casualty the hospital helped. She was rushed to emergency, where they thought there would be thousands of injuries after her. Her legs were nearly severed, and doctors thought they should just amputate because they wouldn't have time to do much else before more people showed up. But one doctor decided to help her and got a team to reattach her legs. She was the first person in the hospital that day, and since her injuries were so bad and she had to have physical therapy, she was the last one out.

The other things I remember about her (which I thought was urban legend) were that when she woke up, the doctor told her what had happened. She wrote him a note saying, So doc, does that mean I'm going to have a smaller butt? She eventually got out, and got married. The story I read also said that her doctor danced with her at her wedding. The tv show didn't mention any of this, but, this is what I remember from back then. I always thought that she had a good sense of humor, which no doubt helped get her through so much trauma.

luckyinlove Guest
    Did they ever reveal her name?

Last edited by atomicbettie; 09-19-2015 at 07:53 AM.