Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Family gunned down Christmas eve

Leigha Guest
    Thank you for having this thread. I remember this and I remember trying to forget it too. Which worked and is not OK. These people need community support. I guess I had no idea punishing them would end up being so long or difficult. Or that the death penalty would be taken off the table becuase of what someone ELSE did. Why do they have to make it so difficult?!? So unreasonable?

http://www.king5.com/news/crime/Fami...189465271.html

Judge Jeffrey Ramsdell ruled that King County Prosecutor Dan Satterberg had erred by considering the strength of the evidence in the case when deciding whether to seek the death penalty.

Former prosecuting attorney Steve Fogg says he was amazed when he heard the ruling that removed the death penalty from the case.

“Can it really be that a prosecutor is being penalized for choosing to seek the death penalty only in cases where there is no question about guilt? Can it possibly be that that is a reason NOT to apply the death penalty? That makes no sense to me,” said Fogg.
    This is simply infuriating. This judge FFS how does he sleep? What these people did should be the deciding factor. Children were blown away your heiny. Removing the DP completely is a shocking disgrace to what you claim to do for families. Adding in another punishment at the very most maybe but remove it all together?

I remember watching the rest of the family on the news, standing outside with the look of shock and despair on their faces. It was hard to celebrate and enjoy our holiday goings on knowing such a tragedy had happened and there is nothing we can do to make it better. On the other hand it reminded you to be thankful a little bit more.

First these people went through hell in 2007 and they are still going through it becuase of the "justice system" and people like Judge Jeffrey Ramsdel who I believe is properly pictured below.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	zebra-social-media-expert.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	27.9 KB 
ID:	48206
    Last edited by Leigha; 09-17-2013 at 02:45 PM. Reason: fix my rant and spelling

Mammy Guest
    This case drives me nuts! It has been nearly six years since this family was murdered and the defense lawyers are still dicking around with the courts over everything. They can delay as much as they want to, but nobody who knows about this case is going to forget the evil and horror those two freaks inflicted on the majority of her family. They confessed for God's sake, there should be no holdup at all. I can't imagine how the surviving family members deal with all of this court hoopla for the defense to defend two worthless pieces of shit. I'm glad it has now been ruled that the death penalty can be sought, but I'm sure it will be appealed and fought over for many more years to come.

Mammy Guest
    This case makes me so damn mad, I can't see straight.

http://seattletimes.com/html/latestn...endingxml.html

Mammy Guest
    It's just past the six year mark for these murders and the lawyers are still piddly farting around and keep causing the trial to be delayed over and over again. I don't understand why it is even allowed to drag a case out so long before going to trial. I guess the lawyers hate to give up that money pot.

http://www.nbcnews.com/id/53869388/n.../#.Ur0NlPtdF5s

Mammy Guest
    Six and a half years later, over seven million dollars already wasted on these evil freaks, and still not even a trial date! This case has drug on longer than the young victims were even alive and there is no end in sight. There's no question of the murderer's guilt, they confessed to it and gave details! How is it possible to lawfully drag a case out this long?

http://seattletimes.com/html/localne...rjudgexml.html

ktkatinmn Guest
    A war of words that have ZERO meaning to the victims and surviving family.

Fucking politics...

Mammy Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by ktkatinmn View Post
    A war of words that have ZERO meaning to the victims and surviving family.

Fucking politics...
    Yes, and a judge trying to impose his will instead of upholding the law and doing the job he's paid to do. I don't care if he is personally opposed to the death penalty. He's supposed to follow the laws of the state, not just do whatever the hell he wants to do. Those two miscreants aren't worth taking a stand for. I feel so sorry for the loved ones who have been waiting so long for whatever paltry amount of "justice" that might eventually be had. This case infuriates me!

Mammy Guest
    After seven years and nearly ten million dollars, the Joseph McEnroe trial is getting started with jury selection.

http://seattletimes.com/html/localne...oejuryxml.html

Mammy Guest
    The trial has actually started for Joseph McEnroe.

http://www.kirotv.com/news/news/Witn...rnation/njrQw/

Mammy Guest
    Although I am talking to myself on this thread, if anyone else is interested, this blog is keeping updates posted about Joseph McEnroe's trial. It starts with the newest entries first, so work your way from the bottom if you want to start from oldest to newest. The blog has the best coverage on the case I have seen.

http://www.theinvisiblejuror.com/blog/

What a gruesome crime. And executing kids? Oh hell no.

Mammy Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by findadeathaddict View Post
    What a gruesome crime. And executing kids? Oh hell no.
    It was such a brutal crime and happened on Christmas Eve and involved children. I can't understand why there is so little media interest in this case. It took over seven years for McEnroe's trial to even start. He shot that poor little boy while his mother was holding him and trying to protect him and the little girl who was hiding behind her mother and trying to get away from him.

Quote Originally Posted by Mammy View Post
    It was such a brutal crime and happened on Christmas Eve and involved children. I can't understand why there is so little media interest in this case. It took over seven years for McEnroe's trial to even start. He shot that poor little boy while his mother was holding him and trying to protect him and the little girl who was hiding behind her mother and trying to get away from him.
    I remember it in the news, but vaguely. This thread reminded me of it. How in the hell does 7 years go by? Hopefully he will get a deserving punishment.

Mammy Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by findadeathaddict View Post
    I remember it in the news, but vaguely. This thread reminded me of it. How in the hell does 7 years go by? Hopefully he will get a deserving punishment.
    A ridiculous amount of legal wrangling drug it out for years.

A ridiculous amount of legal wrangling drug it out for years.
    I see. Well I'm gonna keep up with it. Getting ready to read your link now.

Hey Mam!

I was wondering if we're reading from the same "juror" -- I don't... I thought so, but now I don't. I've been reading from a Paul Sanders (I think that's his name) as he attends the trial (he attended some of the Jodi Arias trial too and did the same sort of reporting.... he's very good at it!)

He did a piece, ah, a few days ago where he wrote verbatim a tape they played for the jury during McEnroe's trial (it was a tape of Michele Anderson, just hours after the murders... she kept saying, "It was all my fault" and "Joe had nothing to do with this, he tried to stop me!" (Until they said, "Well, Joe's over there telling us the truth, so..." -- then she began to speak reality... and finally got it pretty much right.)

I just... I hate these two SO, SO MUCH. Her saying that 3-year-old Nathan "looked at us like he understood why he had to die, he wasn't mad or scared or anything." OH COME ON YOU COW! HIS DAD, HIS MOM, AND HIS BIG SISTER JUST GOT EXECUTED RIGHT BEFORE HIS EYES, AND THEY PRESSED THE GUN TO HIS FOREHEAD AND HE WASN'T SCARED? Oh she should die for even SUGGESTING as much! "Oh it's okay because he understood why he "had" to die!" OMG! HAD? Why? Because this loaf of a woman and her equally loafy boyfriend decided they were jealous that her brother was doing well for himself, so they shot up the house? Because thats what this was.

She first told police she "simply wanted the $40,000 check from her brother." Okay, fair enough; 40,000 would be a good check, if owed, to get. By the end of two hours, she'd confessed it was "closer to $3,000... well, not cash but um, I bought an engine and um...." so he -- omg he owed her NOTHING! It was all jealousy, just pure black hearted evil, that was the reason they "had" to die!

She is disgusting to look at (and so is he.) They were living rent-free in that trailer (one of the reasons she gave for her parents dying? "They were about to make us start paying rent..." "Did they say that?" the cop asked. "No... but they... they were...." she answered. Holy paranoia, Batman!

I swear, this is the poster-child for the death penalty (yeah, they've got it; why on EARTH not use it on Joe?) I don't see having it if this sort of thing -- planning to murder a family on Christmas Eve then DOING IT -- doesn't warrant using it? If not now, when?

Omg I get SO mad at this stuff!

But the transcript of that -- that questioning of Michele, while they were still outside (then they moved into a trailer mid-questioning) was very good reading, Mam, as was her official interrogation. If you can find Paul Sanders' on the Carnation Murders, they're there. If not and you'd like to read them, let me know and I'll link you up. It's just fascinating, she tells you so much about their lives and it's so.... you know.... you can't tear away from it... it's too wtf? (Like, boyfriend-there was working at Target, but she said he didn't get "enough credit" and he "practically ran the place" -- yeah, he worked third shift on stocking electronics or something.... so she told him to quit; why not? They had no bills and got food stamps, so.... yeah, he quit. But to hear her describe it there.... it's so... so odd to see into the mind of someone who's so messed up! The way she justifies things like that! Like... oh like saying her father "molested and abused" her at age five. Then when she went to describe it, its like.... where's the molestation and abuse part? Is it.... did she forget to.... that was IT? But to her.... nobody liked her, and they all liked her brother, and she was tired of that shit.

Great reading for those with no life at all (so for me, yeah, I hit gold....) -- Message me on FB if ya want me to link you to those transcripts; you won't be sorry, haha! (on FB: TonnieGoddardMoon)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I am the master of my fate:
    I am the captain of my soul! (Invictus)
    (And Timothy McVeigh's last words...)