Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Lisa Lopes

Flowergrrl Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by hell0kitty View Post
    what i see in those eyes is pure arrogance--
    Exactly... That's what I think.

Well, I would have worded it as... She has an "I'm on top of the world look" on her face and it's ironic because we know what is getting ready to happen to her.
    Last edited by Flowergrrl; 02-13-2008 at 04:54 PM.

Jazbabee Guest
    Maybe I missed it, but has it ever been determined as to what caused her to swerve off the road like that ?? It's so sharp and sudden, as if something or someone maybe ran out into the road in front of her vehicle ???

Flowergrrl Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Jazbabee View Post
    Maybe I missed it, but has it ever been determined as to what caused her to swerve off the road like that ?? It's so sharp and sudden, as if something or someone maybe ran out into the road in front of her vehicle ???
    When she gave her sister the box she wasn't paying attention and lost control of the vehicle.

You can tell while the camera is still pointing towards the rear seat that the car is starting to swerve.

Thats a stash tin. got one like it.
    Stay in Drugs. Eat your School. Don't do Vegetables.

Jazbabee Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Ratgrrl View Post
    When she gave her sister the box she wasn't paying attention and lost control of the vehicle.

You can tell while the camera is still pointing towards the rear seat that the car is starting to swerve.
    Maybe my eyes deceive me, I didn't perceive that moment as being worthy of causing the accident ?

After reading all the posts I had to see this video, it's sad to see her before she died. The look she gives is kinda strange but I don't think she knew she was going to crash and die. I don't think passing the tin to her sister or whoever wouldnt have caused the crash. Yet seeing someone before they die is scary.

Lita Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by hell0kitty View Post
    what i see in those eyes is pure arrogance--i don't think i would have liked her at all, and not one of those fools wearing a seat belt--
    Read the FAD entry on her or the whole thread. Lisa was the only person wearing a seat belt. I don't mean to sound like a bitch but please read the whole thread before posting. And I'm not singling you out because it happened a lot with others too.

Quote Originally Posted by Jazbabee View Post
    Another car swerved into Lisa's path. Lisa swerved to try to miss the car but they ended up in a head on car crash.

Quote Originally Posted by lisalouver View Post
    I dunno, I think prior to losing control of the car, she looks like anyone who is driving a car.

What was with the coke tin again?
    Numerology cards.

cavdragoon Guest
    Its funny because when you see the footage and the truck begins to swerve the camera pans back to the windshield for a brief second. In that second i do not see any traffic in the oncoming lane to get out of the way of. Maybe its just me.

Regards

Lita Guest
    If you go frame by frame or what I do which is hit pause and play in quick succession you can see a brown thing on the passenger side of the car through the wind shield. It doesn't look like a car but it all happens so fast it's hard to tell.

cavdragoon Guest
    Maybe. What also seems funny is that this is a girl who had just been involved in a accident that claimed the life of a child and she seems to be blowing up the road at a quick pace.You would think that she would have been more alert and driving at a safer speed and maybe could have avoided it. Just my 2 cents.

Regards

Mamma Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by cavdragoon View Post
    Maybe. What also seems funny is that this is a girl who had just been involved in a accident that claimed the life of a child and she seems to be blowing up the road at a quick pace.You would think that she would have been more alert and driving at a safer speed and maybe could have avoided it. Just my 2 cents.

Regards
    I've often wondered this myself. I know I would be. But considering Lisa was under deep meditation, helping her cope with her many issues, perhaps she was at a 'happy place' in her life, and felt emotionally she could overcome obstacles and devastation?

Mrs. Watson Guest
    I have a friend who collects Coca-Cola memorbalia and she has a box just like that one that contains limited edition playing cards.

I am not familiar enough with Lisa to tell if she looks stoned or just tired. In fact, I didn't know anything about her death until I read about it on FAD. Very haunting, the child killed, her mother's premonition, Lisa's Andre Risen blowout.

As far as driving too fast, most third world countries, like Honduras, have few traffic laws and speed limits, if posted, tend to be suggestions.

cavdragoon Guest
    Guess she realized you can't overcome the Reaper.

Regards

lisalouver Guest
    Guess she realized you can't overcome the Reaper.

Regards
    Well, no one can. That applies to everyone, not just Lisa Lopes.

cavdragoon Guest
    Well your right no one can avoid the reaper. That said you don't knock on his door and ask for him to kick ya in the junk either. If you ask me being involved in a accident that claimed someones life seems like a bit of a warning to me to take extra care. With regards to speed limits in third world countrys i fully agree with you, but as stated before this lady was just involved in a accident that killed a kid. That sure as sh*t would make me slow down, pay more attention to the road and be over all safer.

Regards

Mamma Guest
    Well your right no one can avoid the reaper. That said you don't knock on his door and ask for him to kick ya in the junk either. If you ask me being involved in a accident that claimed someones life seems like a bit of a warning to me to take extra care. With regards to speed limits in third world countrys i fully agree with you, but as stated before this lady was just involved in a accident that killed a kid. That sure as sh*t would make me slow down, pay more attention to the road and be over all safer.

Regards
    I get what you're saying. I was in the family mini van, when the back end started to swerve. Tried to gain control, no luck, and went head on into a ditch that flipped the van. (I was wearing my seatbelt, and hanging upside down like a bat, but uninjured) Going back over it with the officers, we could clearly see the path the van took (a very wet and muggy morning, so wet tracks were visible), and we could clearly see I began to lose control of the van after going over a slight bump in the road. That was it. And for the few times I went down the road again, I always got this awful feeling in my stomach as I would approach "the bump".

It's human nature to be cautious and have fear of such things through experience, so believe me, I know. Why Lisa did not heed this instinctive warning, I can only imagine she was trying to overcome obstacles and fear, which is why she went to the retreat in Honduras in the first place. My $0.02.

Mrs. Watson Guest
    Okay, this is going to sound all metaphysical of me, but maybe going to Honduras, searching for a spiritual connection after all that she'd lived through, maybe she just couldn't outrun that karma.

Gawd, I think I need a glass of wine after that.

lisalouver Guest

Regards
    Does anyone know the speed that she was doing?

I read that she was trying to pass a slow moving vehicle and swerved when the vehicle in the oncoming lane approached.

I think a lot of people are hard on Lisa (not directed at anyone here) because they don't like her and are using the fact that she was involved in a fatal accident prior with a child being involved (Lisa was NOT driving and the driver was not found to be at fault) to say she was asking to die.

It was an accident, plain and simple and luckily (not for her or her fans), she was the only one who died.

From the time we wake up in the morning, it's a frickin crap shoot if we make it home that night.

Working in death investigation shows me that each and every day.
    Last edited by lisalouver; 02-16-2008 at 06:37 PM.

Mamma Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. Watson View Post
    Okay, this is going to sound all metaphysical of me, but maybe going to Honduras, searching for a spiritual connection after all that she'd lived through, maybe she just couldn't outrun that karma.

Gawd, I think I need a glass of wine after that.
    Some deep sh*t, huh Mrs. Watson? I know it is to me! She was truly trying this girl, doing whatever it took to outrun this bad series of frustration and negativity that followed her around. And for that, I have a heart for her. She was trying indeed, which is a helluva lot more I can say for the drunk drivers of the earth who kill each day, but hardly an injury to their own selves. Deep stuff, I know. I don't drink wine otherwise I'd raise a glass at this time, myself .

Flowergrrl Guest
    Did she adopt a daughter a few months before the accident?

I know... I seriously need to start bookmarking pages when I find something.

Here's the story about the other incident: (At the bottom)

http://www.snopes.com/music/artists/lopes.asp

lisalouver Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Ratgrrl View Post
    Did she adopt a daughter a few months before the accident?

I know... I seriously need to start bookmarking pages when I find something.

Here's the story about the other incident: (At the bottom)

http://www.snopes.com/music/artists/lopes.asp
    She did adopt a child, I never heard another word about it.

lisalouver Guest
    Her family, I believe are the ones who started this, her foundation. I think it mostly helps out orphans.

Looks like the orphanage just welcomed 18 orphans.

http://www.lisalopesfoundation.org/honduras.php

cavdragoon Guest
    No, we do not know the speed but in the video it appears fast. I for one do not wish to say that she was at fault for the death of that child, but being there and involved in that experiance would make you a little more alert and careful. I mean if you were in the car when a friend killed someone in a DUI incident iam sure you would never drink and drive. I don't mean to come off like i felt she had a death wish so please don't take this the wrong way.Lastly to respond to your comment in referance to life being a crap shoot i also have to agree with you. I myself have four operational combat tours, with two being in Afghanistan and have also seen the workings of death. The reaper does not pick favorites and can be a bitch. So watch you ass and try to avoid him.

Regards

lisalouver Guest
    No, we do not know the speed but in the video it appears fast. I for one do not wish to say that she was at fault for the death of that child, but being there and involved in that experiance would make you a little more alert and careful. I mean if you were in the car when a friend killed someone in a DUI incident iam sure you would never drink and drive. I don't mean to come off like i felt she had a death wish so please don't take this the wrong way.Lastly to respond to your comment in referance to life being a crap shoot i also have to agree with you. I myself have four operational combat tours, with two being in Afghanistan and have also seen the workings of death. The reaper does not pick favorites and can be a bitch. So watch you ass and try to avoid him.

Regards
    Great advice.

I had one tour in the Persian Gulf circa 1990-1991 so I know what you mean there.

Working with death every day although it does not make me much more cautious, it certainly teaches me to say what I want when I leave the house or hang up the phone.

You just never know.

endsleigh03 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamma View Post
    I get what you're saying. I was in the family mini van, when the back end started to swerve. Tried to gain control, no luck, and went head on into a ditch that flipped the van. (I was wearing my seatbelt, and hanging upside down like a bat, but uninjured) Going back over it with the officers, we could clearly see the path the van took (a very wet and muggy morning, so wet tracks were visible), and we could clearly see I began to lose control of the van after going over a slight bump in the road. That was it. And for the few times I went down the road again, I always got this awful feeling in my stomach as I would approach "the bump".

It's human nature to be cautious and have fear of such things through experience, so believe me, I know. Why Lisa did not heed this instinctive warning, I can only imagine she was trying to overcome obstacles and fear, which is why she went to the retreat in Honduras in the first place. My $0.02.
    I hear what you are saying
    Ever since my wreck in December I refuse to go back to the intersection where it happened, even if I have to go 5 miles out of my way.
    I am now driving the way i drove when I first started as a teen. Slow and scared.
    It is just that fast you realise you can just not be here anymore.

cavdragoon Guest
    True that. Its good to talk to someone that has been in the shit.

Regards

lisalouver Guest
    Its good to talk to someone that has been in the shit.
    Same here.

endsleigh03 Guest
    Someone mentioned that she looked on top of the world.
    I don't think she was. Her solo album tanked like nobodys business and that really caught her off guard, and hurt her. Then there was the death of the child. Also, she took alot of shit and criticism when she and that guy went missing, altho I am not sure at what point that was. Oh, yeah and then earlier there was the Riesen thing and all that went with that.
    I think her trip over there had a lot to do with answering deep questions about herself and her life. Sorting things out. And instead of finding any answers she died.

endsleigh03 Guest
    Alright, now I need a glass of wine...

lisalouver Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by endsleigh03 View Post
    Someone mentioned that she looked on top of the world.
    I don't think she was. Her solo album tanked like nobodys business and that really caught her off guard, and hurt her. Then there was the death of the child. Also, she took alot of shit and criticism when she and that guy went missing, altho I am not sure at what point that was. Oh, yeah and then earlier there was the Riesen thing and all that went with that.
    I think her trip over there had a lot to do with answering deep questions about herself and her life. Sorting things out. And instead of finding any answers she died.
    Although some thought Lisa was nearing the end and was in despair, I think she was reaching the place she wanted to be. Nothing was ever going to be perfect for her, but things had gotten better.

I don't think Lisa wanted much to do with doing her music publically anymore, by that I mean, I think she was done with the group and done with singing for money.

As for Riesen, he is the worlds biggest asshole and I know at the time of her death, he was trying desperatley to get her back.

It's too bad she died, because I believe she was a good person and she had a lot to offer. At least she was someone who believed in something. Not another cookie cutter singer like Beyonce who spends all their time with the fake hair and fake teeth posing and pretending they care about more than their looks and their money.
    Last edited by lisalouver; 02-16-2008 at 07:40 PM.

endsleigh03 Guest
    Actually she was still very very interested in her music. When the album went bad she had to step back because she had run her mouth in public and otherwise to the other 2 girls, basically like "I don't need you to do this" and then it didn't fly in a big way. Kinda came back to bite her in the ass.
    Either way, what happened to the wine? Paging Mrs. Watson.......

RaRaRamona Guest

Regards
    I lost many friends to this & almost died myself a few times. Sadly it did not stop us from drunk driving. The feeling of being invincible is a strong, misguided feeling.

RaRaRamona Guest
    I think she had a case of that herself (invincibility.) She had a camera crew on her all the time - I think that does something to you, like you can do no wrong. It was all about her, & her thoughts & her opinions. It was a docu about her obviously, so no one corrected her or anything. I dunno, this is just the feeling I got from watching it.

lisalouver Guest
    Actually she was still very very interested in her music. When the album went bad she had to step back because she had run her mouth in public and otherwise to the other 2 girls, basically like "I don't need you to do this" and then it didn't fly in a big way. Kinda came back to bite her in the ass.
    Either way, what happened to the wine? Paging Mrs. Watson.......
    I don't agree that she had "run her mouth in public" she tried something solo and it did or did not work out. She said she could do it on her own and we can only speculate as to what happened behind closed doors with Rozonda and Tionne. Happens every day with acts. Van Halen, Journey, Styx, the list is endless. Anyone care when David Lee Roth did a solo albulm? Um, no. It was not a big secret that by the time TLC was on their way out, none of the girls were getting along and much had been said about each other.

Still, TLC was one of my favorite groups. By 2002, they were on their way out. Without Lisa, they were done for good.
    Last edited by lisalouver; 02-16-2008 at 08:34 PM.

endsleigh03 Guest
    Umm..yeah. She did run her mouth in public. She challenged the other 2 to a CD to see who was the best of the three, they declined, it caused big problems, and it wasn't the only time she poked at them. In public. At the end they apparently soothed over the problems, but it doesn't change the fact that the girl had a huge ego and did what she did.

The first solo CD was so bad the company shelved it.

RaRaRamona Guest
    Umm..yeah. She did run her mouth in public. She challenged the other 2 to a CD to see who was the best of the three, they declined, it caused big problems, and it wasn't the only time she poked at them. In public. At the end they apparently soothed over the problems, but it doesn't change the fact that the girl had a huge ego and did what she did.

Didn't they talk about this in the "Behind the music?"

lisalouver Guest

Like I just said, happens all the time in bands. Over and over and over. She did nothing that many in bands have not done. Ego or not, she was more talented than the other two and if either of the other two had done a solo album, they would have hit the shitter. A huge ego is kind of common in the music world.

Solo albulms being "shelved" is nothing new in the music business. She was not the first and she won't be the last.

It is clear that you don't like her, that is your business, but nothing you can say about her solo work or her "running her mouth" will take away her immense talent or what she accomplished.

TLC was long on thier way out and they were shit without Lisa. She knew it, they knew it and the fans knew it.
    Last edited by lisalouver; 02-16-2008 at 09:37 PM.

Lita Guest
    Like I just said, happens all the time in bands. Over and over and over. She did nothing that many in bands have not done. Ego or not, she was more talented than the other two and if either of the other two had done a solo album, they would have hit the shitter.

Solo albulms being "shelved" is nothing new in the music business. She was not the first and she won't be the last.

It is clear that you don't like her, that is your business, but nothing you can say about her will take away her immense talent or what she accomplished.

TLC was long on thier way out and they were shit without Lisa. She knew it, they knew it and the fans knew it.
    I disagree about them being on their way out. Their 1999 cd FanMail topped the charts. Three years isn't all that long to go between cds. Lisa ran her mouth about the other two members of TLC but I'm glad they worked it out. I'm going to have to look into it a little more but I think all three were planning a sort of reunion tour but Lisa died before the tour was to start. The other two went on with the tour and had Lisa's image halographed with them onstage.

RaRaRamona Guest
    I think they said in BTM that they had reconciled. That business with the disappearance was weird.

endsleigh03 Guest
    Like I just said, happens all the time in bands. Over and over and over. She did nothing that many in bands have not done. Ego or not, she was more talented than the other two and if either of the other two had done a solo album, they would have hit the shitter. A huge ego is kind of common in the music world.

It is clear that you don't like her, that is your business, but nothing you can say about her solo work or her "running her mouth" will take away her immense talent or what she accomplished.

As a matter of fact, I thought she was adorable, with a stunningly beautiful face. Also liked the music. In no way am I trying to take anything away from her. Don't make the assumption that "It is clear you don't like her" just because I pointed out some things she had done.
    I started this thread for other reasons besides "the look on her face".

endsleigh03 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by RaRaRamona View Post
    Didn't they talk about this in the "Behind the music?"
    I think they did, probably where I first saw it.

Mrs. Watson Guest
    "had Lisa's image halographed with them onstage"

No. Tell me this isn't true.

endsleigh03 Guest
    January 30, 2008 -- FRIENDS of Lisa "Left Eye" Lopes, who died in a car crash in Honduras in 2002, are fuming that the "Janice Dickinson Modeling Agency" reality show featured a photo shoot last week for Dragonfly clothing that used models dressed as dead rock stars - including Elvis, Kurt Cobain and Lopes, who was part of the TLC trio. "Imagine her family's surprise to hear that a model was impersonating Lisa for a catalog they never heard of," says a Lopes pal, who added that her family is currently working on a CD of her unreleased music. Show producers could not be reached.

Mrs. Watson Guest
    Is there a good biography out about her? I only know what I've read on FAD and here on the forum and I'm very intrigued.

Mamma Guest
    I myself have four operational combat tours, with two being in Afghanistan and have also seen the workings of death.
    Welcome home, Cavd.

Ever since my wreck in December I refuse to go back to the intersection where it happened, even if I have to go 5 miles out of my way. I am now driving the way i drove when I first started as a teen. Slow and scared.
    Endsleigh, exactly. Fortunately for me, the road has been fixed as I have to go through it often. But every time I do go drive through the road, repaired or not, I know exactly where I was when the van started to swerve, what it felt like. We have a gift of fear as our instinct, and how Lisa avoided having this same internal instinct I can only imagine as something she purposefully tried to overcome, and deliberately got behind the wheel to overcome it. Perhaps in overcoming her obstacles, she failed to realize that this gift of fear and instinct should have been felt, and learned from. I know I did, and it sounds like you did too .

I heard all about the challenging she did to her band mates, even the one where she staged her own disappearance. I think it's desperation in part of the business. Headlines are everything in show business, and staging her disappearance certainly got peoples attention.

I've always considered Lisa a cute kid, and pretty lady. but the best I've ever seen her look was "Scrubs", all spaced out and futuristique' . Not fair for some women to have porcelain skin and not all, but I digress.

A huge ego is kind of common in the music world.
    LisaLouver ~ say it ain't sooooo !!!!
    Last edited by Mamma; 02-17-2008 at 08:17 AM.

endsleigh03 Guest
    Is there a good biography out about her? I only know what I've read on FAD and here on the forum and I'm very intrigued.
    "Life Of A Supernova" by Nancy Krulik. Amazon has only a few reviews and they seem to be saying there are alot of inaccurate items in the book.
    I thought there would be more bio's.

Mamma Guest
    "Life Of A Supernova" by Nancy Krulik. Amazon has only a few reviews and they seem to be saying there are alot of inaccurate items in the book.
    I thought there would be more bio's.
    I was actually going to ask the same thing .... I am huge on buying bio books when I learn about them. If the book is filled with inaccuracies as Ends pointed out, one may be better off sticking with forums . Much more of a learning experience that way .

Mrs. Watson Guest
    Well, Mamma, you're a writer. Get to work, girl!

Mrs. Watson Guest
    Here's a link the the entire Wiki entry on Lisa:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lisa_Lopes

At the bottom, there is a link to a very good article in the New York Times about the documentary, among other several interesting aricles that give a lot of insight into where she'd been and what she was hoping to achieve.

She was stunningly beautiful, had a wonderful voice and I'm not a huge hip-hop fan (I would have loved to hear her do some blues or gospel) and lived such a life for thirty years.

Can you imagine if she and Tupac had had children? They would have been breathtakingly gorgeous.

The lady fascinates me.

Mamma Guest
    Well, Mamma, you're a writer. Get to work, girl!
    HA! My dream book for years has been to write about the true accounts of a crime, and the artistic liberties taken by Hollywood to spin the true story when they have an agenda to meet in a film. Taking the lives (and deaths) of victims of crime, and turn them into their own personal crusade. There are lots of stories like this around the US, and seldom does Hollywood alert the families of victims to let them know they are doing a movie of their murdered loved one. That's showbiz. But Lisa? I'm sorry to say I just don't know enough about her . I've learned more about her after death, through this thread and VH1 than what I ever knew of her in life.