Thread: Heather North, Voice of Daphne From Scooby Doo.

Heather North, Voice of Daphne From Scooby Doo.

Actress Heather North, recognized for her role as Daphne on Scooby-Doo, Where Are You!, has died at the age of 71. The news was confirmed by Jodie Mann, a family friend. North reportedly died after a long illness on November 30 at her home in Studio City, California. At this time, the exact illness has not been disclosed. In addition to her role as Daphne, Heather North is also known for starring alongside a young Kurt Russell in Disney's The Barefoot Executive in 1971. In the movie, She plays Russell's love interest, with the plot centering on an ambitious mailroom clerk and a chimpanzee who can predict which TV shows will be successful. North also had a role on NBC's long-running soap opera, Days of Our Lives. https://tvweb.com/heather-north-dead...-voice-daphne/

Awww, this makes me sad. Scooby Doo was so much of my childhood. I completely related to the character of Daphne because I was always the geeky, glasses wearing girl who wore odd clothing choices. Then interestingly enough, my two boys ended up loving Scooby Doo and I was in heaven all over again. By the time they were born and I was an adult, ironically my real-life best friend was and still is a lady named Daphne. It wasn't until my kids were almost teenagers when they told me they finally realized that their "Auntie Daphne" was a real person and different from the character on Scooby Doo! And they had met Auntie Daphne many, many times over the years!
    Any day above ground is a good day.

You're thinking of Velma, Daphne was the pretty red head,

As a child growing up in the 1970s feel
    very sad.( Saturday morning back then was a big part
    of my childhood)
    Carolyn(1958-2009) always in my heart.

Quote Originally Posted by pkstracy View Post
    You're thinking of Velma, Daphne was the pretty red head,
    Yes, you are correct! I am thinking of Velma! Long day at work!
    Any day above ground is a good day.