Page 1 of 12 12310 ... LastLast

Thread: Paul Newman

Kathyf Guest

Paul Newman

This is really a funny story, I just love it, and would probably do the same thing as this lady!!

Only women of a certain erawill fully appreciate this true story.

~ Paul Newman ~

A Michigan woman and her family were vacationing in a small new England town where Paul Newman and his family often visited

One morning the woman got up early to take a long walk After a brisk five-mile hike, she decided to treat herself to a double-dip ice cream cone.

She hopped in the car, drove to the center of the village and went straight to the combination bakery/ice cream parlor.

There was only one other patron in the store.
    Paul Newman, sitting at the counter having a doughnut and coffee.

The woman's heart skipped a beat as her eyes made
    contact with those famous baby-blue eyes.

The actor nodded graciously and the star-struck woman smiled demurely.

Pull yourself together! -- she chides herself --
    You're a happily married woman with three children,
    you're 45 years old, not a teenager!

The clerk filled her order and she took the double-dip ice cream cone in one hand and her change in the other. Then she went out the door, avoiding even a glance in Paul Newman's direction.

When she reached her car, she realized that she had a handful of change, but her other hand was empty.
    Where's my ice cream cone? Did I leave it in the store? Back into the shop she went, expecting to see the cone still in the clerk's hand or in a holder on the counter or something.
    No ice cream cone was in sight.

With that, she happened to look over at Paul Newman. His face broke into his familiar grin and he said to the woman,

"You put it in your purse."
    Last edited by Kathyf; 12-28-2007 at 12:39 AM.

Jack-O-Lantern Guest
    This is hilarious. He was so incredibly handsome, well into his 50s and 60s...he gives hope to all us middle-agers!

Kathyf Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack-O-Lantern View Post
    This is hilarious. He was so incredibly handsome, well into his 50s and 60s...he gives hope to all us middle-agers!
    I know I hope to look that good at his age.

Mrs. James Dean Guest
    LOL that was a cute story. Did this really happened though?

Kathyf Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. James Dean View Post
    LOL that was a cute story. Did this really happened though?
    Supposedly I hope so I liked it.

Kathyf Guest
    My apologies. I read that newman's daughter said it was true b.ut they think it's not

Mrs. James Dean Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathyf View Post
    My apologies. I read that newman's daughter said it was true b.ut they think it's not
    Well, it's still a nice story and well, I'd like to believe it's true!

Kathyf Guest
    me too.

Jazbabee Guest
    Cute story....I think I personally would have died from the embarassment !

Kathyf Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Jazbabee View Post
    Cute story....I think I personally would have died from the embarassment !
    I have met quite a few celebrities and I can't speak. LOL

knothere Guest
    true or not still funny n i bet she wouldnt be the obly in her shoes

I know that the NEWMANS have stayed at the Grafton Inn a fair amount located in Grafton, Vermont, which is only about a 3 hour drive up from their home in Connecticut. Grafton is one of those Rockwell perfect New England villages ideal for those in search of the perfect & quaint.
    Last edited by KELT; 12-27-2007 at 09:08 PM.

Reecy Guest
    I saw Paul in person and he was just so exquisite. I could not take my eyes off him. Embarassing............

Death Hag Chris Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathyf View Post
    [FONT='Arial','sans-serif']This is really a funny story, I just love it, and would probably do the same thing as this lady!![/font]

Only women of a certain erawill fully appreciate this true story.

~ Paul Newman ~

A Michigan woman and her family were vacationing in a small new England town where Paul Newman and his family often visited

One morning the woman got up early to take a long walk After a brisk five-mile hike, she decided to treat herself to a double-dip ice cream cone.

She hopped in the car, drove to the center of the village and went straight to the combination bakery/ice cream parlor.

There was only one other patron in the store.
    Paul Newman, sitting at the counter having a doughnut and coffee.

The woman's heart skipped a beat as her eyes made
    contact with those famous baby-blue eyes.

The actor nodded graciously and the star-struck woman smiled demurely.

Pull yourself together! -- she chides herself --
    You're a happily married woman with three children,
    you're 45 years old, not a teenager!

The clerk filled her order and she took the double-dip ice cream cone in one hand and her change in the other. Then she went out the door, avoiding even a glance in Paul Newman's direction.

When she reached her car, she realized that she had a handful of change, but her other hand was empty.
    Where's my ice cream cone? Did I leave it in the store? Back into the shop she went, expecting to see the cone still in the clerk's hand or in a holder on the counter or something.
    No ice cream cone was in sight.

With that, she happened to look over at Paul Newman. His face broke into his familiar grin and he said to the woman,

"You put it in your purse."

THAT was awesome. I always loved Paul Newman. he just seems like such a COOL guy. Butch and Sundance, The Sting, The Hustler and The Color Of Money...man, PURE genius. and even that movie he did with Robbie Benson, Harry And Son, were just amazing movies. he's just such a COOL GUY!!!
    Last edited by Death Hag Chris; 12-27-2007 at 06:07 PM.

PvN73 Guest
    Nice story Kathy! He was so handsome. I can never look at eggs the same since Cool Hand Luke!

GrinReaper Guest
    Anybody see the wonderful yet underated, Where the Money Is.
    It's a recent movie Paul Newman is in.
    Check it out if you haven't seen it yet.

Newman still looks good. He's one of those who has aged well.

scootershort Guest
    Paul Newman is one of the last great actors... Talk about longevity. It's amazing the amount of charity work that he does with his camp in CT and still makes a movie every now and then. Still totally handsome. I think Cat on a Hot Tin Roof is one of the movies where he looks his best. I mean, everything on the man is perfect..and he can act too..

Kathyf Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by GrinReaper View Post
    Anybody see the wonderful yet underated, Where the Money Is.
    It's a recent movie Paul Newman is in.
    Check it out if you haven't seen it yet.

Newman still looks good. He's one of those who has aged well.
    I love that movie.

Kathyf Guest
    I believe he gives all proceeds from Newman's Own to charity.

My favorite has to be "Hud", I have known a lot of people like Newman's character in that movie. Patrica Neal is great in it as well.

freezing cold water splashed on your face every morning, i hear is one of paul's beauty secrets==
    pull the string!

leevancleef Guest
    One of the greatest actors imo. And dont get me started about his looks....*drools*

GrinReaper Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by hell0kitty View Post
    freezing cold water splashed on your face every morning, i hear is one of paul's beauty secrets==
    That reminds me of the scene in The Sting when he meets Redford for the first time.

Anyone else see The Sting...
    Great film with the best poker scene in movies.

NOVSTORM Guest
    There are 3 guys I wouldn't ever kick out of my bed LOL Newman Redford or Eastwood. I have seen all 3 of these guys and they are all gorgeous!!

I knew Paul had a son that killed himself but I didn't know he had a daughter. Is that by his first wife or by Joann Woodward?

Jack-O-Lantern Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by JefeStone View Post
    My favorite has to be "Hud", I have known a lot of people like Newman's character in that movie. Patrica Neal is great in it as well.
    "The Hustler" is mine.
    George C. Scott, Jackie Gleason ("Minnesota Fats"), Piper Laurie--it's as close to perfect as a movie can get.

GrinReaper Guest
    He's getting up there in years.
    Newman is one of those who I'm not looking forward to reading about when his time comes.
    Hopefully he'll be around for a longer time.

endsleigh03 Guest

Is Paul Newman Very Ill?

I was flying thru the grocery store the other day and saw some rag mag or other saying he was really sick. Didn't have time to stop and look at it, also all of those mags with a grain of salt.

Does anyone know if it is true?

(sorry if this has been posted)

Quote Originally Posted by endsleigh03 View Post
    I was flying thru the grocery store the other day and saw some rag mag or other saying he was really sick. Didn't have time to stop and look at it, also all of those mags with a grain of salt.

Does anyone know if it is true?

(sorry if this has been posted)
    rumors say he just was operated on for cancer.thats all i got...
    may the forces of evil get confused on the way to your house

I hope not! There are only two men on my "Men Over 80 I'd Do" list and he's one of them (Kirk Douglas is #2)

P~

Noelle Page Guest
    Aw, no. Paul's a class act.

I hope that is just BS. Paul should be immortal.
    Stay in Drugs. Eat your School. Don't do Vegetables.

endsleigh03 Guest
    He always had the blue eyes to end 'em all. Hope it isn't true.

Jazbabee Guest
    Maybe it's coincident, but I can't recall seeing or hearing anything about him lately ?? hmmmmmm...........
    Last edited by Jazbabee; 02-10-2008 at 07:09 PM.

Ron Burgundy Guest
    http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/articl...type=printable

Friday, February 1, 2008

(02-01) 18:26 PST Los Angeles (AP) --
    Paul Newman denies tabloid reports that he's in ill health.

"In answer to the rumors about my 'failing health,' the doctors have been treating me for athletes foot and hair loss," Newman said in a statement issued Friday by his publicist, Warren Cowan.

The 83-year-old Oscar winner (for "The Color of Money") celebrated his 50th wedding anniversary to Joanne Woodward this week.

Snoopy Guest
    Awww I love Paul Newman! I'm glad he's at least denying the rumors..I really hope he's in good health..those blue eyes of his! Loved him in Butch Cassidy and the sundance kid!

leevancleef Guest
    I LOVE PAUL. i hope he makes it to his 100 birthday.

endsleigh03 Guest
    Paul and Joanne, there is a long time love story <3

Not Paul. NONONONONONO!

God I hope not! I loved him in Cool Hand Luke.

cachluv Guest
    I have a copy of an interview w/ Jerry Orbach 5 weeks before he died. He said he was completely cancer free. After that fact, it comes out that this was the precise time he chose to give up any additional care or treatment.
    Next thing I knew, a few weeks later he died.

Suzanne Pleshette also gave an interview in Sept 07 to say she also was cancer free. Hhhhmmm....if Newman had secret cancer surgery then he wouldn't say he was sick then. I just don't believe denials like I used to

RoRo Guest
    I have seen in several places that he has cancer and is not doing good...I would hazard a guess that he will be gone by summer.

RaRaRamona Guest
    Whatever, as long as I can still get my dressing.

FloridaDeathHag Guest
    Here's the deal:

The Globe put him on the cover claiming he's close to death. While I do trust the Globe, I think there are more credible tabloids out there. The Globe by far has the funniest and most sensational headlines against the photos, but they're not as reliable for accuracy as others.

Two weeks before the Globe article, the Enquirer has him in an article buried in the back of having successfully recovered from a surgery after several weeks and that the surgery was undisclosed but may have been for cancer.

So, he had some kind of surgery and did not recover right away, but he's old, too, that doesn't mean he's going to die. At his age, it could be any time, but I don't think in my 30 years of tabloid-reading that he's anywhere close to death, at least from this surgery or some underlying illness.

cachluv Guest
    "Whatever, as long as I can still get my dressing."

---LOLs I heard that. That stuff is bangin'. I love that stuff.

Tugboat25 Guest
    I saw him on television last summer or fall, I don't quite remember but he didn't look all that good, to be honest.
    He's over 80 I understand but to me, he didn't look long for this world. Something seemed a bit "off".
    I have never been a fan of his for various reasons but I hope he hangs in there for many more years.

We need a current pic of the dude.
    I am a sick puppy....woof woof!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Carping the living shit out of the Diem. - Me!!
    http://www.pinterest.com/neilmpenny

Ron Burgundy Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by neilmpenny View Post
    We need a current pic of the dude.
    probably looks worse off than this photo now...

RaRaRamona Guest
    What's with the straw coming out of his shirt? Is he already dead?

endsleigh03 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by RaRaRamona View Post
    I didn't even see that....

Quote Originally Posted by RaRaRamona View Post
    I don't think it is straw, it looks like jute, the string they use to tie newspaper bundles together. From what I can tell, he has two sets of string draped around his neck, one is jute, the other is black. I think he was competing in something and had numbers or something hanging from the string.

The picture is a little unflattering, but his eyes are still beautifully blue. Note to self: keep slathering your face in sunscreen every day, no matter how much you hate it.
    Any day above ground is a good day.