View Poll Results: Do you put up a Christmas Tree every year?

Voters
51. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

37 72.55%
  • No

8 15.69%
  • Sometimes

6 11.76%
Page 36 of 36 FirstFirst ... 27343536
Results 1,751 to 1,789 of 1789

Thread: Merry Death Hag Christmas!

Love you guys. Merry Merry

MarilynMonroeFan Guest
    Merry Christmas fellow Hags!!! I thought these pics were appropriate, check out the orbs!!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	006.jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	318.0 KB 
ID:	49383Click image for larger version. 

Name:	007.jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	314.8 KB 
ID:	49384Click image for larger version. 

Name:	008.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	332.1 KB 
ID:	49385

Merry Christmas to all! I hope your holidays are filled with joy.
    I am the king of all things stupid!

weirdgurl Guest
    Apparently my elf name is Spills Drinkspiller... No wonder I'm so thirsty ;p
    Merry Christmas fellow Hags!

Billy Weathersby Guest
    Santie Claws dun come and branged me a new pewter.......Merry Christmas to all...

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to all!

Name:	IMG_20131225_095850.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	225.1 KB 
ID:	49387

Merry Christmas from Little Bit and Schmoo!
    "Tequila may not be the answer, but it's worth a shot."

"I just go here!"

"I am not psychic. I AM psychotic. BIG difference."

Wendy A. Guest
    Here's wishing everyone a very Merry Christmas! Luv ya'll!

Quote Originally Posted by MarilynMonroeFan View Post
    Merry Christmas fellow Hags!!! I thought these pics were appropriate, check out the orbs!!

Name:	006.jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	318.0 KB 
ID:	49383Click image for larger version. 

Name:	007.jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	314.8 KB 
ID:	49384Click image for larger version. 

Name:	008.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	332.1 KB 
ID:	49385
    I love the pics of the tree and gifts!!! I did see a few orbs in the pics. Maybe Christmas is a time when family members, who have passed, come to visit? That would be nice.

I would love to see more Death Hag tree pics (hint, hint).
    Live free or die: Death is not the worst of evils.

Seagorath Guest
    More Christmas love for everybody. Just finished off a box of chocolate turtles. Gift from pops.

We didn't put a tree up for one reason, and his name is Max Mischief.

"I just go here!"

PurrPurr Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by RiaBrown View Post
    We didn't put a tree up for one reason, and his name is Max Mischief.
    Pretty much the same here. The other two wouldn't bother the tree, but Tiger has a habit of chewing on things. Last thing I needed was a vet bill, so closest thing to a Christmas tree was the brass one with jingle bells on it.

I like that! I considered putting up the tree and putting a baby fence around it. But I know Maxchief. He would look at the gate, then look at me. He'd hop over the gate, turn around, and laugh at me.

"I just go here!"

Mammy Guest
    I found an opinion article that I wanted to share and get people's opinions about on here. Do you like getting gift cards as a gift? I love them! I thought everyone loved them, but apparently not.

http://happyplace.someecards.com/281...shit-give-cash

Ruby Tuesday Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Mammy View Post
    I found an opinion article that I wanted to share and get people's opinions about on here. Do you like getting gift cards as a gift? I love them! I thought everyone loved them, but apparently not.

Hey there! This is my first forum post, besides the Introduce Yourself Sticky! I've been lurking for several months and wanted to jump in when I saw a couple threads that I could really "relate" to right now! After this Christmas, I am going to be giving gift cards from now on! First I got caught in the Target fiasco buying presents, then I got caught in the USPS fiasco. My boxes took several days to get where they were going and for no particular reason besides an "unexpected" glut. I know it's unusual, hasn't happened in a long time, not likely to happen again etc., but I was already on the fence about the whole deal of running around shopping, trying to find the right size shipping boxes, standing in line at the post office and on and on. Those two fiascoes were writing on the wall for me. I work full time, it's hard to get time off, have a lot going on like most people, so all that extra is a real pain. I read the linked article and have to disagree about the sentiment towards gift cards in general. I love them! Someone once sent me a spa gift card and it was an awesome treat! When I give gift cards, I take the time to consider who it's going to and what they live near. Like I wouldn't give someone a gift card if the only place they could redeem it would require them to drive an hour to get there. Anyway, whatever. It was an interesting article and I enjoyed reading someone else's opinion and happy to know there is another person out there who disagrees with it. :-)

Mammy Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruby Tuesday View Post
    Hey there! This is my first forum post, besides the Introduce Yourself Sticky! I've been lurking for several months and wanted to jump in when I saw a couple threads that I could really "relate" to right now! After this Christmas, I am going to be giving gift cards from now on! First I got caught in the Target fiasco buying presents, then I got caught in the USPS fiasco. My boxes took several days to get where they were going and for no particular reason besides an "unexpected" glut. I know it's unusual, hasn't happened in a long time, not likely to happen again etc., but I was already on the fence about the whole deal of running around shopping, trying to find the right size shipping boxes, standing in line at the post office and on and on. Those two fiascoes were writing on the wall for me. I work full time, it's hard to get time off, have a lot going on like most people, so all that extra is a real pain. I read the linked article and have to disagree about the sentiment towards gift cards in general. I love them! Someone once sent me a spa gift card and it was an awesome treat! When I give gift cards, I take the time to consider who it's going to and what they live near. Like I wouldn't give someone a gift card if the only place they could redeem it would require them to drive an hour to get there. Anyway, whatever. It was an interesting article and I enjoyed reading someone else's opinion and happy to know there is another person out there who disagrees with it. :-)
    Hello, it's good to have you here! I wasn't online yesterday and just now saw your post.

It sounds like you have been through the wringer this holiday season. My husband and I also dealt with the Target fiasco, but luckily not the USPS issues. Nothing like making a stressful time of year even more stressful, huh?

I buy several gift cards every year for various holidays. The persons who receive them are very happy with their gift cards. I also make sure to choose gift cards from a place that is somewhere that the person actually goes. I bought a 100 dollar Kroger gift card for my parents for Christmas and believe me, they were very happy! My Mom had tears in her eyes. People get to a certain point in their lives where they have plenty of "stuff." They have a house full of knickknacks, plenty of robes, houseshoes, sweaters, picture frames, etc. They are retired and appreciate gift cards for groceries, restaurants, gas, or even a prepaid Visa card to use wherever they want. I give restaurant or retail gift cards to my daughters, son, and son-in-laws for their birthdays. I love getting gift cards. If I get cash as a gift, I feel obligated to pay a bill with it or put gas in the car. If I get a gift card from someone, I can buy something for myself and not feel guilty about it. They are also pretty handy to give the people on your gift list that you really don't like to buy anything for, but feel obligated. I was surprised to read the article and see that other people don't like getting gift cards. One woman even commented that someone cheap gave her a gift card that wasn't enough to cover what she wanted to buy. That's her problem, not the person who was nice enough to give her the gift card to begin with. If she didn't want to pay anything extra that the gift card didn't cover, she should have chose something cheaper. If I get a $25 gift card and want to buy a $40 pair of jeans, it doesn't bother me to chip in $15 of my own money to get what I want. I'm still getting a $40 pair of jeans for only $15 of my own cash. Some people are so entitled and selfish to complain about something like that.

I have to say, this was the worst holiday season for me. Christmas day was nice and peaceful and pleasant, but everything leading up to that day and every day after, UGH!!! December essentially sucked for me and the hubby. Not between us, but we certainly had a Murphy's Law month. Everything that could go wrong did go wrong.

We've been right out straight since Thanksgiving, every weekend we've been on the go. We've experienced everything from intrusive family showing up out of the blue (we were neither dressed, nor showered, the apartment was a mess), car dealerships pulling shannanigans, work issues (DH put in for New Year's eve off last January but they gave it to someone on his shift who requested it a month ago to have it off). My job has been a horrible too as far as work being busy, co-workers not pulling their weight ect....

I am so ready for 2014 to start over. Hopefully things will level out and chill in the next year.
    Live free or die: Death is not the worst of evils.

Sorry for not answering sooner, but I am still catching up on all of my FAD posts.

It's funny you bring this up. My sister-in-law has four daughters, all of whom have expensive, over-the-top and unique desires (translation: hard to find stuff not available on the internet, the kind of thing you have to get in your car and drive 25 miles to buy, assuming the store isn't sold out). I have always worked full-time and the rule in our family is that you have to buy for "the kids" until they turn 18. My nieces are now in their 20s and thirties, but before they turned 18 my kids were still little. I would always call my sister-in-law right after Thanksgiving to get gift ideas for the little princesses. It was a phone call I dreaded, because having a one year-old and a four year-old and working full time made Christmas shopping a freaking nightmare, but even more so when shopping for my nieces.

There was one year when one of them wanted a special edition USC sweatshirt, that, you guessed it, could only be purchased at USC, which is about 30 miles from our house. I asked for alternate ideas and my sister-in-law said there were none. Back then I was far more tolerant than I am now, as today I would have said, "Hell no, I am not driving to USC, which is in a bad neighborhood to begin with, and after driving over an hour on traffic-jammed freeways, I still have to f-ing pay $15 to park, besides spending another $40 on some stupid sweatshirt." But back then, I did all of the above and found the USC bookstore, went in to buy the sweatshirt, only to discover they had sold out the day before. So I called my sister-in-law to let her know what happened, and rather than say, "Oh wow, you sure went through a lot of trouble," instead she said, "I can't believe you waited so long and now they are sold out!" I told my sister-in-law if my niece would like cash or a gift card, and she was insulted. "Cash and Gift Cards are so impersonal, absolutely not!" "Okay, lady, then I guess your daughter isn't getting anything from me, because USC is sold out of the stupid sweatshirt and cash and gift cards are not acceptable," is what I would say today. But back then, I waited until December 23rd to hear back from my sister-in-law what my niece wanted instead and ran to the mall and endured all of the tortures to buy what she wanted, which turned out to be an off-the-rack, mass-produced sweatshirt.

So time marches on and it's my boys who are now 14 and 17, her kids are grown but she is now working (and I still am working!) She texts me two weeks before Christmas and flat out asks me what store my kids would like gift cards from. I was soooo very tempted to tell her they would be hurt by such a cold and impersonal gift, but didn't. Plus, my boys love gift cards. Thinking it would be easily attainable, I told her my kids would like Walmart gift cards, primarily because Walmart is one of the few stores near us that sell ammo and my boys and husband are totally into target shooting. About a week later, I get another text and she tells me that she can't do Walmart cards because she will have to go to Walmart to buy them (I can relate because I don't like Walmart either, but it's nothing like driving to USC either). I then ask her what my choices are and she tells me that she will only buy gift cards that are available at the local grocery store. So the next time I go to the grocery store a few days later and check out what gift cards they sold. They were mostly gift cards to restaurants, Home Depot, long-distance phone cards, Mastercard and Visa gift cards that had a fee to use them, and Bass Pro Shops. So I text her back and tell her Bass Pro Shops. It's now three days before Christmas and she sends me a snotty text along the lines of, "Great, now I have to go to the grocery store three days before Christmas," which to me is no big deal because heck, won't you have to go to the grocery store at least one more time before Christmas anyway? Whatever.

So on Christmas Eve, my boys open their presents and are THRILLED to get their Bass Pro gift cards. Happy ending, right? Nope, because the nearest Bass Pro store to our house is 40 miles away! I am so hoping they accept gift cards on their website, because if they don't, Mom's in for a long drive again thanks to my sister-in-law. Grrrrr!
    Any day above ground is a good day.

Wow, your sister-in-law sounds like a self-centered bitch! By now, I probably would have reminded her of how you drove 40 miles to USC and that you've been in a store three days before Christmas at least once for her little darlings. Then again, I can guilt-trip like a champ. I learned from the best- my mother! Every store I know allows you to redeem gift cards on-line. There should be a chance to enter the code on the back of the card at check-out. If you can't, I'd call their customer service line and see what they can do for you.

Mammy Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by geekygirl View Post
    Sorry for not answering sooner, but I am still catching up on all of my FAD posts.

It's funny you bring this up. My sister-in-law has four daughters, all of whom have expensive, over-the-top and unique desires (translation: hard to find stuff not available on the internet, the kind of thing you have to get in your car and drive 25 miles to buy, assuming the store isn't sold out). I have always worked full-time and the rule in our family is that you have to buy for "the kids" until they turn 18. My nieces are now in their 20s and thirties, but before they turned 18 my kids were still little. I would always call my sister-in-law right after Thanksgiving to get gift ideas for the little princesses. It was a phone call I dreaded, because having a one year-old and a four year-old and working full time made Christmas shopping a freaking nightmare, but even more so when shopping for my nieces.

There was one year when one of them wanted a special edition USC sweatshirt, that, you guessed it, could only be purchased at USC, which is about 30 miles from our house. I asked for alternate ideas and my sister-in-law said there were none. Back then I was far more tolerant than I am now, as today I would have said, "Hell no, I am not driving to USC, which is in a bad neighborhood to begin with, and after driving over an hour on traffic-jammed freeways, I still have to f-ing pay $15 to park, besides spending another $40 on some stupid sweatshirt." But back then, I did all of the above and found the USC bookstore, went in to buy the sweatshirt, only to discover they had sold out the day before. So I called my sister-in-law to let her know what happened, and rather than say, "Oh wow, you sure went through a lot of trouble," instead she said, "I can't believe you waited so long and now they are sold out!" I told my sister-in-law if my niece would like cash or a gift card, and she was insulted. "Cash and Gift Cards are so impersonal, absolutely not!" "Okay, lady, then I guess your daughter isn't getting anything from me, because USC is sold out of the stupid sweatshirt and cash and gift cards are not acceptable," is what I would say today. But back then, I waited until December 23rd to hear back from my sister-in-law what my niece wanted instead and ran to the mall and endured all of the tortures to buy what she wanted, which turned out to be an off-the-rack, mass-produced sweatshirt.

So time marches on and it's my boys who are now 14 and 17, her kids are grown but she is now working (and I still am working!) She texts me two weeks before Christmas and flat out asks me what store my kids would like gift cards from. I was soooo very tempted to tell her they would be hurt by such a cold and impersonal gift, but didn't. Plus, my boys love gift cards. Thinking it would be easily attainable, I told her my kids would like Walmart gift cards, primarily because Walmart is one of the few stores near us that sell ammo and my boys and husband are totally into target shooting. About a week later, I get another text and she tells me that she can't do Walmart cards because she will have to go to Walmart to buy them (I can relate because I don't like Walmart either, but it's nothing like driving to USC either). I then ask her what my choices are and she tells me that she will only buy gift cards that are available at the local grocery store. So the next time I go to the grocery store a few days later and check out what gift cards they sold. They were mostly gift cards to restaurants, Home Depot, long-distance phone cards, Mastercard and Visa gift cards that had a fee to use them, and Bass Pro Shops. So I text her back and tell her Bass Pro Shops. It's now three days before Christmas and she sends me a snotty text along the lines of, "Great, now I have to go to the grocery store three days before Christmas," which to me is no big deal because heck, won't you have to go to the grocery store at least one more time before Christmas anyway? Whatever.

So on Christmas Eve, my boys open their presents and are THRILLED to get their Bass Pro gift cards. Happy ending, right? Nope, because the nearest Bass Pro store to our house is 40 miles away! I am so hoping they accept gift cards on their website, because if they don't, Mom's in for a long drive again thanks to my sister-in-law. Grrrrr!
    There was a time when people had manners and some consideration for other people's feelings. Obviously you sister-in-law could use a refresher course or never had any of that to begin with. I honestly have got to the point that I dislike buying gifts for nearly everyone. It seems like nobody knows how to gracefully accept a gift they dislike, they will flat out turn up their nose and let you know they don't like it. I dislike Christmas more and more every year because I feel obligated to buy things for people that I don't even like and then they are rude and ungrateful for it anyway.

There was a time when people had manners and some consideration for other people's feelings. Obviously you sister-in-law could use a refresher course or never had any of that to begin with. I honestly have got to the point that I dislike buying gifts for nearly everyone. It seems like nobody knows how to gracefully accept a gift they dislike, they will flat out turn up their nose and let you know they don't like it. I dislike Christmas more and more every year because I feel obligated to buy things for people that I don't even like and then they are rude and ungrateful for it anyway.
    You and me both. Up until about four years ago, we would draw names at Thanksgiving amongst the over-18, adult family members and do a Secret Santa exchange on Christmas Eve. But about ten years ago, folks started putting requests on the slip of paper with their names. You got it, the same nieces would put some expensive or hard-to-find item on their slip of paper. In addition, some family members couldn't afford nice gifts, even though the standing rule was that the gift should be in the $75 range. So depending on who drew your name, you could get something nice or something embarrassingly crappy. My husband and I always put items on the list that had affordable alternatives if the Secret Santa couldn't afford $75. Case in point, one year my husband wanted a digital watch. Heck, they give out digital watches in Happy Meals these days, and you can actually get a really nice digital watch at Target for less than $10. Easy, right? Wrong. One of the nieces drew my husband's name and you know what she got him? An ugly pair of Donald Trump brand cufflinks that were obviously a regift of something the niece's husband recieved... and didn't want, because who in the heck wears cufflinks anymore? Especially my husband since he has had a stroke and had to give up his business. I was livid but didn't say anything.

I told my husband that I HATED playing Secret Santa with his family because the same type of thing that happened to him had happened to me repeatedly. His response was that it was a long-standing family tradition and Christmas was about giving, not receiving. Yeah, right. One year my same SIL bought me a "throw" (small blanket). Apparently I looked puzzled when I opened it and my SIL said, "Oh, I got you that because when I come to your house, I am always on the cold side and I can use it when I visit." My SIL is super skinny, always dresses for summer regardless of the season and is cold EVERYWHERE she goes, and I had to bite my tongue to keep from handing it back to her and saying, "Here, you keep it. It's for you anyway and you're always cold, so why don't you just put it in the trunk of your car so you can use it everywhere?" But I didn't. Other years after I had abided by the $75 rule, I would get a $9.99 DVD from someone who couldn't afford $75. If you can't afford $75, then don't participate in the damn Secret Santa exchange!

Turns out several other people had gotten burned the same way we had and were fed up. They talked to both my husband and sister-in-law who were forcing the Secret Santa on folks as a family tradition, and suggested that folks who didn't want to participate could opt out if they wanted. There were about half of us who decided to opt out, including me. It was absolutely hilarious to watch folks open up their Secret Santa gifts on Christmas Eve, because the vast majority of the ones who still wanted to participate were the same people who gave Donald Trump cufflinks, lap blankets and $10 DVDs. Other than about two people, all of the thoughtful and generous folks had opted out and those who still participated got horrible, cheap, crappy gifts from each other. The next year, no one wanted to participate because it didn't pay to be in a gift exchange that thoughtful and generous folks were no longer participating in!

Mammy Guest
    That reminds me of the gift exchanges we used to have in elementary school. The girls brought girl gifts and the boys brought boy gifts. The gifts were numbered and each child drew a number out of a hat and got the gift that matched the number they picked. It never failed that while other girls got really cool Barbies and stuffed animals, I would get one of those stupid paddles with a ball attached to it with a rubber band and it would be torn up before I ever made it home with it. I think every school gift I ever got sucked.

I posted this on here before a few years back, but I'll post it again. My husband has two nephews and a niece. He and his sister are the only kids in their family and her oldest son is quite a bit older than the younger two. It was decided a few years ago to only buy for the kids. We bought each one of them a watch. His niece got a Tinkerbell watch and I can't remember what the one we bought his nephew had on it. They weren't expensive, but they were still nice watches. They are opening gifts and opened the watches and his niece said "A watch? Is that all?" Then his nephew shrugged his shoulders and said "I guess it's better than nothing." OMG, I was so mad! I had to go to the bathroom and splash water on my face to keep from bursting into flames. His sister never said one word to them about being rude or apologizing. Why? Because she spent the entire day texting while we were doing Christmas and never even paid attention to what they said. To this day, it makes me madder than hell to think about it and when Christmas rolls around every year it chaps my ass to have to give them anything.

I think it's hilarious that all of the cheapskates got such crappy gifts at your Secret Santa. It's all fine and dandy when they want to give someone a dishtowel from the Dollar Tree, but by hell they better get something amazing in return. I can't stand people with entitlement issues.
    Last edited by Mammy; 01-07-2014 at 04:44 PM.

That reminds me of the gift exchanges we used to have in elementary school. The girls brought girl gifts and the boys brought boy gifts. The gifts were numbered and each child drew a number out of a hat and got the gift that matched the number they picked. It never failed that while other girls got really cool Barbies and stuffed animals, I would get one of those stupid paddles with a ball attached to it with a rubber band and it would be torn up before I ever made it home with it. I think every school gift I ever got sucked.

I posted this on here before a few years back, but I'll post it again. My husband has two nephews and a niece. He and his sister are the only kids in their family and her oldest son is quite a bit older than the younger two. It was decided a few years ago to only buy for the kids. We bought each one of them a watch. His niece got a Tinkerbell watch and I can't remember what the one we bought his nephew had on it. They weren't expensive, but they were still nice watches. They are opening gifts and opened the watches and his niece said "A watch? Is that all?" Then his nephew shrugged his shoulders and said "I guess it's better than nothing." OMG, I was so mad! I had to go to the bathroom and splash water on my face to keep from bursting into flames. His sister never said one word to them about being rude or apologizing. Why? Because she spent the entire day texting while we were doing Christmas and never even paid attention to what they said. To this day, it makes me madder than hell to think about it and when Christmas rolls around every year it chaps my ass to have to give them anything.

I think it's hilarious that all of the cheapskates got such crappy gifts at your Secret Santa. It's all fine and dandy when they want to give someone a dishtowel from the Dollar Tree, but by hell they better get something amazing in return. I can't stand people with entitlement issues.

Mammy, you and might be twins separated at birth because we think so much alike. One thing I found out by accident just recently is that the current youngest genreration (Generation Y, Millenials, Generation Z, or anyone younger than Baby Boomers and Generation Xers) has no use for watches. When I was growing up (when the dinosaurs roamed the earth), having a watch was extremely cool. I actually used to collect watches from my teens throughout my twenties and thirties of all sorts of different, designs, colors and functions. In additon, getting a watch as a gift was a rite of passage and tied to special events, like for your 16th birthday or graduating from high school. Not so much anymore. I bought my oldest son a really nice watch for his 12th birthday and he tossed it aside like a turd in a punchbowl. I was pissed. But it turns out that kids these days don't have the need to be on time to events like we did, AND they usually have a cell phone, laptop or iPod that shows the correct time. I work in information technology, and you can almost tell how old someone is based on whether they wear a watch or not. So very weird.

But I completely agree with you, your niece and nephew should be ashamed of themselves. Since it is still the rule in our dysfunctional family that all the adults have to buy a gift for the kids 18 and younger at Christmastime, it can be a significant burden for adults who are out of work or fallen on hard times. One year my step-daughter and her husband were both out of work and the bank had forclosed on their house. With all of that going on, they still wanted to make sure that all the kids got a gift from them. So a local library was having a ten cent book sale on all of the books they had duplicates of, and my step-daughter spent a lot of time trying to find the perfect book to match each child's personality and interests. That night all of the kids had gotten toys and gift cards and video games, and then they opened the gifts from my step-daughter. I was so proud of my boys, they were just as excited as they had been when they opened the other gifts, and ran over to my step-daughter and husband and gave them huge hugs. The other kids looked sort of confused at first but then followed my kids' lead. Later on I told my boys how proud I was of them, and they told me that the books were the most meaningful gifts they got that night. In fact, they didn't even expect to get gifts from my step-daugher and her husband. Sometimes I think I am wasting my breath when I give them an "attitude adjustment" or object lesson, but I guess they do listen... at least some of the time!

Mammy Guest
    Mammy, you and might be twins separated at birth because we think so much alike. One thing I found out by accident just recently is that the current youngest genreration (Generation Y, Millenials, Generation Z, or anyone younger than Baby Boomers and Generation Xers) has no use for watches. When I was growing up (when the dinosaurs roamed the earth), having a watch was extremely cool. I actually used to collect watches from my teens throughout my twenties and thirties of all sorts of different, designs, colors and functions. In additon, getting a watch as a gift was a rite of passage and tied to special events, like for your 16th birthday or graduating from high school. Not so much anymore. I bought my oldest son a really nice watch for his 12th birthday and he tossed it aside like a turd in a punchbowl. I was pissed. But it turns out that kids these days don't have the need to be on time to events like we did, AND they usually have a cell phone, laptop or iPod that shows the correct time. I work in information technology, and you can almost tell how old someone is based on whether they wear a watch or not. So very weird.

But I completely agree with you, your niece and nephew should be ashamed of themselves. Since it is still the rule in our dysfunctional family that all the adults have to buy a gift for the kids 18 and younger at Christmastime, it can be a significant burden for adults who are out of work or fallen on hard times. One year my step-daughter and her husband were both out of work and the bank had forclosed on their house. With all of that going on, they still wanted to make sure that all the kids got a gift from them. So a local library was having a ten cent book sale on all of the books they had duplicates of, and my step-daughter spent a lot of time trying to find the perfect book to match each child's personality and interests. That night all of the kids had gotten toys and gift cards and video games, and then they opened the gifts from my step-daughter. I was so proud of my boys, they were just as excited as they had been when they opened the other gifts, and ran over to my step-daughter and husband and gave them huge hugs. The other kids looked sort of confused at first but then followed my kids' lead. Later on I told my boys how proud I was of them, and they told me that the books were the most meaningful gifts they got that night. In fact, they didn't even expect to get gifts from my step-daugher and her husband. Sometimes I think I am wasting my breath when I give them an "attitude adjustment" or object lesson, but I guess they do listen... at least some of the time!
    The only thing I can say in their favor is they can't learn how to be polite and grateful if nobody has taught it to them. Their mother could be an entire thread alone. I didn't really notice that a lot of people don't wear watches anymore. I have a few different watches and I would wear them, but my eyesight is so poor that I can't see the numbers. That is sweet about your boys. It really makes you feel good when you can witness them behaving like they were taught to do. A lot of kids are so rude now that a really good kid with nice manners sticks out like a sore thumb.

Happy Christmas everyone!

But it turns out that kids these days don't have the need to be on time to events like we did, AND they usually have a cell phone, laptop or iPod that shows the correct time. I work in information technology, and you can almost tell how old someone is based on whether they wear a watch or not.
    I am 41 years old and I don't wear a watch for one reason only: I am allergic to the nickel that is in the metal on the backs of the watches and the knob that sets the time. Finding an all-plastic watch that lasted longer than a few months became impossible, so I gave up.

Merry Christmas to all of my hags! Little Bit opened her presents from Me-Maw and Paw-Paw (my parents) and got a Hello Kitty boom box. She also got a "Frozen" watch that she loves!

"I just go here!"

27. 12-25-2014, 12:36 AM

Merry Christmas all.
    I am a sick puppy....woof woof!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Carping the living shit out of the Diem. - Me!!
    http://www.pinterest.com/neilmpenny

navallint Guest
    Hope all are having a Merry Christmas.

Merry Christmas my death hags! love ya's! this is the only sane/common sense place that I come to.

Hope everyone is having a great holiday!

Merry Christmas!

Last edited by cindyt; 12-24-2015 at 09:13 PM.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Have a great holiday everyone
    To my Father. Even though you have crossed the plane, you will always be with me.
    You were not just my Father, but my hero. My life has been a poor attempt to be like you
    You taught me music, vocals, and how to fight. I can only hope I am half the man you are
    When I close my eyes I can see you. And finally, Thank you Dad. for everything.
    March 1934-July 2016

PurrPurr Guest
    Merry Christmas! Here is a peek at last night's Christmas Moon, the first in 38 years:

The Moon was beautiful last night. Merry Christmas to those that can, Survive Christmas to those that need that thought.
    Stay in Drugs. Eat your School. Don't do Vegetables.

navallint Guest
    Merry Christmas.

Merry Christmas, Death Haggers!

My niece, Adriana, posted a video of her Christmas Eve festivities. Yawn--not. A bunch of the men--fat and ugly--were making like strippers, dancing the dirty dog, flinging their shirts off and unbuckling their belts--but of course never actually taking off their pants--on screen anyway. Haha. ¡Mi loco familia Mexicana!
    Last edited by cindyt; 12-24-2018 at 10:16 PM.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Merry Yule everyone.

Hope everyone had a nice Christmas !
    Today you could be standing next to someone who is trying their best not to fall apart. So whatever you do today, do it with kindness.