Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Rick Nelson

atlantis Guest
    OOOooo, a Rick Nelson thread! I grew up on him. My mom and aunt thought he was a fox and so did I. I was also in dire lust with the twins (I'm closer to their age than their dad's)when they were Nelson in early 90's. HOLY SHIT they were hot. And I still love their After the Rain cd.

I've always heard rumors that Gunnar is gay. Matt has been married to a model, Yvette, for years. She is very pretty. I can only imagine what their sex life must be like...OMG. There's a pic of them with him sitting on a motorcycle and they are facing each other with her straddling him. I'm feeling woozy just thinking about that pic....

Several years ago, the twins and Tracy were on John Edward's Crossing Over. You'll have to youtube it or whatever for details, but they were convinced that contact with their dad had been made during the taping. Tracy has said that her dad saved her from cancer. She had a dream in which he INISISTED she got to the doctor. She had been feeling poorly but wasn't doing anything about it. I think that was in the FAD write-up, come to think of it. I'm gonna go re-read it now.

Also, a few years ago, the twins were flying back from some island in the Caribbean. Their plane (full-sized commercial jet) had problems and the twins thought they were going down. They thought how much it was going to suck for their family to have to go through another plane crash. But the pilot saved the day by making the plane go round and round as he slowly descended thereby saving the plane from crashing.

And yeah, I've always severely disliked the mom, too. Hateful bitch. I know Rick had problems, but his kids adored him. In my book, being a good dad can make a lot of other bullshit irrelevant.

So, there's my Nelson ramble. And may I add that the whole family is attractive. Sam, the youngest, is hot stuff, too.

Giada Guest
    This is one of those rare celeb family's that worked through their issues with mom, Kris Harmon Nelson, and have openly discussed it.

The last bit of info I read she was living either in Taos or Santa Fe, New Mexico. She paints beautifully.

Rudy's Girl Guest
    I always liked David Nelson. When Ricky was getting all of the attention and glory, it was said that David was never jealous, and always supportive of his brother. While Ozzie was very sick with cancer, it was David who stepped in and took care of his dad, staying up nights and practically carrying his father to the bathroom. Very sad. He also took care of his mother and her interests.

After Ricky died, Kris tried to become executor of his estate, but David was the one who became the executor. Ricky's children said David stepped right in there for them and set the estate up so the kids would really benefit. I saw Ricky's twins on T.V. state their gratitude for everything David did for them all. David's step children were interviewed and said how much they adored him and thought of him as their "real father". Even though Rick was considered the star of the Nelson family, I myself have a special soft spot for David after hearing what kind of person he really was, and how much he did for his family.
    Last edited by Rudy's Girl; 09-28-2009 at 05:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aries65 View Post
    Which was his inspiration for writing the song, "Garden Party". They were all booing him because they wanted him to sing all his old hits, and instead he was singing his new rock music.
    Thought I'd add this, a video of his sons singing Garden Party.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ShwSZtDdl3M

STsFirstmate Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by EthelMertz View Post
    I always liked David Nelson. When Ricky was getting all of the attention and glory, it was said that David was never jealous, and always supportive of his brother. While Ozzie was very sick with cancer, it was David who stepped in and took care of his dad, staying up nights and practically carrying his father to the bathroom. Very sad. He also took care of his mother and her interests.

After Ricky died, Kris tried to become executor of his estate, but David was the one who became the executor. Ricky's children said David stepped right in there for them and set the estate up so the kids would really benefit. I saw Ricky's twins on T.V. state their gratitude for everything David did for them all. David's step children were interviewed and said how much they adored him and thought of him as their "real father". Even though Rick was considered the star of the Nelson family, I myself have a special soft spot for David after hearing what kind of person he really was, and how much he did for his family.
    I am sorry if this was already posted but Mark Harmon and his wife stepped in to try to get custody from Kris, his younger sister. It got ugly!
    http://www.people.com/people/archive...097045,00.html
    regards,
    Mary

atlantis Guest
    Oh man, I just checked out the clip of all three of Rick's sons singing Garden Party. In the background there was a big pic of Rick seemingly looking over them. Something tells me he was there with them the whole time. Those are some talented kids of his. Great voices.

Boy oh Boy does Sam look like Ricky. I am sooooooooooo hot for those Nelson boys. I just never hear anything about Sam. The twins live here in Nashville.

In that People mag article, it briefly mentioned Sam having a heartwarming dream of reuniting with his dad on a plane. Hmmm, very interesting. I wonder if it was a "visitation" dream, the kind where dead loved ones come to see you. I know I've had plenty.

I think Ricky loved his kids immensely and has done everything he can from where he is now to stay connected to them.

I went to a garden party....and saw me some smokin' hot Nelsons...

crazedfemale Guest
    Great harmony those guys. Rick Nelson was SO good looking. Those kids really look like Kris and the Harmons, IMHO.

atlantis Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by crazedfemale View Post
    Great harmony those guys. Rick Nelson was SO good looking. Those kids really look like Kris and the Harmons, IMHO.
    I hear ya, Crazed. I think they all look like Harmons except for Sam. He looks so much like Ricky it's eerie. And Ricky, in my opinion, was one of the most handsome men EVER.

Mark Harmon has always made my lady bits tingle, too. Summer School, an 80's movie, is one of my faves. My mother and aunt, the ones who turned me on to Ricky, are loyal devotees of Mark and his NCIS show. I don't watch tv a whole lot, but if I pass by and see Mark, I'll stop and stare.

atlantis Guest
    Okay, I cannot find any pictures of Sam Hilliard Nelson, Rick's youngest son. A lot of people don't even know he exists. I know he has a band (H is Orange) and I've read that he's a record exec in L.A. Other than that nada, no interviews or anything.

I know some of you can magically produce pics when I can find nary a one. If anyone finds any pics of Sam, PLEASE post them. He's such a hottie.

atlantis Guest
    Please??? Help a sister out?? I need some fantasy material here, people. Geez louise :-D

crazedfemale Guest

Sam's in the middle and he does resemble his dad.

Rick was SO good looking.

atlantis Guest
    Lord have mercy. Thank ya.....

The older dude is James Burton, of Elvis' TCB band.

A strange but true story

I was watching an episode of Hardy Boys/Nancy Drew Maysteries, season one, which had Rick Nelson in it. In the story, Rick Nelson plays a rock star surrounded by a murder mystery. During the course of the story, his character is told not to board a plane because of the danger involved because of the murders, to which Rick Nelson replys " ...don't be stupit! I'm as safe in that plane as someone in the Twin Towers". Rick Nelson died in a plane crash some years later. Check out the episode I'm talking about, he said it, I swear.

ShockDoc Guest
    OMG. scary... BTW, James Burton (above) was in Rick's band back in the early 60s, before Elvis's.

ShockDoc Guest
    I'd still do Tracy. Those lips...

ShockDoc Guest
    Can anyone put up a photo of their Grandmother, Elyse Knox? OMG, she's the most beautiful woman of the 40s, to me...

ghoulgurl Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by salvatore1989 View Post
    I was watching an episode of Hardy Boys/Nancy Drew Maysteries, season one, which had Rick Nelson in it. In the story, Rick Nelson plays a rock star surrounded by a murder mystery. During the course of the story, his character is told not to board a plane because of the danger involved because of the murders, to which Rick Nelson replys " ...don't be stupit! I'm as safe in that plane as someone in the Twin Towers". Rick Nelson died in a plane crash some years later. Check out the episode I'm talking about, he said it, I swear.
    Holy Jeebus! I was HDNDM fan and I vaguely recall Rick's appearance as I've been a RN fan for 30+ years (damn I feel old!). Seemingly no online clip available but the episode is "The Flickering Torch Mystery" Season 1, ep. 7 1977
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0597019/
    Last edited by ghoulgurl; 10-04-2009 at 06:40 AM.

atlantis Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by salvatore1989 View Post
    Now THAT is odd. I'm not a big believer in coincidences, don't believe in them at all, in fact. Veddy interesting...

atlantis Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by ShockDoc View Post
    OMG. scary... BTW, James Burton (above) was in Rick's band back in the early 60s, before Elvis's.
    Oh yeah, I totally forgot about that. I remember now reading about when Elvis was putting his TCB band together and he knew James' work from Rick's band. Apparently, Rick and the King were friends. Thanks for reminding me!

atlantis Guest
    If anyone can find anymore pics of Sam, PLEASE POST THEM! I am very grateful for the pic that is posted, but I need more fantasy pictures. One can only go so far...hee hee. Yes, I do have an active imagination. But don't worry, my husband is in on it, too.

**Jenna** Guest

Wow! Sam is sure a hottie!! The other boys are cute too though.

**Jenna** Guest
    I've been listening to Ricky Nelson on youtube lately.

atlantis Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by **Jenna** View Post
    Wow! Sam is sure a hottie!! The other boys are cute too though.
    I know, right?? Hottie just barely describes him!!!!!! What a stud muffin.....

My fave Nelson's used to be the twins...til I discovered their little brother. Hella hubba hubba.....oh lawd.....

Ricky Nelson. Now that is a blast from the past. Gorgeous guy and great voice. I was more into Elvis, but boy oh boy.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Sam and Mark Harmon-upper right
    Last edited by gapeach; 10-06-2009 at 11:10 PM. Reason: added

Sam-top middle with siblings
    Last edited by gapeach; 10-06-2009 at 11:16 PM. Reason: added

atlantis Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by gapeach View Post
    Sam-top middle with siblings

OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OGM....this pic above of the twins is when I was soooooooooooooooooooo hot for them. The long blonde hair, the blue eyes, the bitchin' spandex....LOVED the After the Rain album.

These Nelson people have some great genes. Great pictures...thanks!!!!

Snoopy Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by smg View Post
    Thought I'd add this, a video of his sons singing Garden Party.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ShwSZtDdl3M
    That was awesome..they all can sing but I love Sam's voice..and the pictures they were showing were great too.

ShockDoc Guest
    Jesus, this is turning into 16 magazine...

STsFirstmate Guest
    Jesus, this is turning into 16 magazine...
    No way! We were all Tiger Beat people! Loved the Jim Morrison spread they did.
    This isn't me. I was a Beatles gal but this does reflect the era!
    Regards,
    Mary
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	OSMOND.jpg 
Views:	52 
Size:	17.6 KB 
ID:	16297  

ShockDoc Guest
    Suuure it isnt...lol

Snoopy Guest
    I myself was a Tiger Beat girl LOL

SinKittyVixen Guest
    I watch Ozzie and Harriet..lol.. I love when I find episodes in the dollar bin.. I heart David..
    Sucks about all the crap Ricky went thru.. So sad.. RIP Ricky

Pamebabby Guest
    Always liked Rick-his music was pretty good. Is there any pictures of the smashed up plane? I've never seen any if there are. Too bad he died that way, like most musicians, it's never old age.

Quote Originally Posted by atlantis View Post
    Okay, I cannot find any pictures of Sam Hilliard Nelson, Rick's youngest son. A lot of people don't even know he exists. I know he has a band (H is Orange) and I've read that he's a record exec in L.A. Other than that nada, no interviews or anything.

I know some of you can magically produce pics when I can find nary a one. If anyone finds any pics of Sam, PLEASE post them. He's such a hottie.
    Quote Originally Posted by atlantis View Post
    Please??? Help a sister out?? I need some fantasy material here, people. Geez louise :-D

Cool picture!

James joined Rick's band in 1957 and not the early 60s.

Quote Originally Posted by Pamebabby View Post
    Always liked Rick-his music was pretty good. Is there any pictures of the smashed up plane? I've never seen any if there are. Too bad he died that way, like most musicians, it's never old age.
    Here's a picture. It's the only one I've been able to find. The picture came from the book, "Ricky Nelson - Lonesome Town! The Real Story Of America's Favorite Family" by Jim Brady:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	RickyNelsonPlaneCrash.jpg 
Views:	64 
Size:	240.9 KB 
ID:	27865  
    "Dance like no one is watching. Sing like no one is listening. Love like you've never been hurt and live like it's Heaven on Earth" - Mark Twain

Rick Nelson

May 8, 1940-December 31, 1985
    RIP

toujours premier Guest
    Does anyone know the last room number RN stayed in at the Holiday Inn in Guntersville, AL?

Room 106, but it's now called "The Ricky Nelson Room." I live in Guntersville, and there was recently a huge write-up in the local paper about the last show and his last few hours hangin' out at the Guntersville Airport.
    [SIGPIC]http://www.blogcdn.com/www.theboot.com/media/2008/10/ocms.jpg[/SIGPIC]
    Better than your favorite band.

I dunno if I can find it right at the moment but there is actually a website that has pics of Rick's final concert in Guntersville, AL on December 31, 1985. What is sad about the crash, in a way, is that Rick's drummer at the time, Ricky Intveldt had just celebrated his 21st birthday.
    "Dance like no one is watching. Sing like no one is listening. Love like you've never been hurt and live like it's Heaven on Earth" - Mark Twain

My mom is 73 and still calls him Ricky Nelson. I remember very well the night he died and seeing images of the burning plane.
    "What if the Hokey Pokey is what it's really all about?" Jimmy Buffett

Quote Originally Posted by Alanwench View Post
    My mom is 73 and still calls him Ricky Nelson. I remember very well the night he died and seeing images of the burning plane.
    He actually did go back to using "Ricky" as his first name when he got back into the rockabilly scene and just sang his old song - something he vowed he would never, ever do......

Quote Originally Posted by Aries65 View Post
    Which was his inspiration for writing the song, "Garden Party". They were all booing him because they wanted him to sing all his old hits, and instead he was singing his new rock music.
    I saw him in concert in the late 70's and people were booing him because he was playing his new stuff. People were yelling out "Garden Party!" with the boos through two songs. As soon as he finished the second song and launched into Garden Party the place went nuts.

Also, I was at work with my boss and a few other people and we had the radio on. The announcement came on about the plane crash and we just stood around for the next hour talking about Ricky Nelson. My boss and I had both seen him in concert at different times and talked about our experiences seeing him.

Quote Originally Posted by Giada View Post
    This is one of those rare celeb family's that worked through their issues with mom, Kris Harmon Nelson, and have openly discussed it.

The last bit of info I read she was living either in Taos or Santa Fe, New Mexico. She paints beautifully.

Kris lives a quiet life in Santa Fe, NM. She's single and now in her early 70s. Last time that I saw Kris on television was on A&E when they did that great biography on the Nelson family, "Ozzie & Harriet: The Adventures Of America's Favorite Family"
    Last edited by Tony Trout; 04-28-2017 at 02:31 PM.

I have an interesting clip- a radio show interview of his sons from 2010. They detail their father's death. I don't know the best way to get it here. It's about 15 MB.

rest in Peace

I had put this on Glenn's thread, so, why not here also. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GA-7TjMLjVY
    Stay in Drugs. Eat your School. Don't do Vegetables.

Quote Originally Posted by cleanskull View Post
    I had put this on Glenn's thread, so, why not here also. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GA-7TjMLjVY
    I've got a lot of 1960s/1970s/1980s footage of Rick (including the last televised concert from the Los Angeles Amphitheater on August 22, 1985). I got it from a guy named Howard Kasten in Florida. The guy who has the original original footage is a guy named Ian Cooke.

Howard will make copies for a small fee (or sometimes totally free) for anybody. He's on FB but.....you probably aren't.

Recently I got in it with a guy ( yeah a millennial ) about what killed Rick Nelson. He claims that Rick had diabeties and his insulin blew up which caused the plane to crash. He claims Rick got it and the other Nelsons because they drank to much Coca-Cola back in the day. I don't believe that but others did. UGH

What a load! It is not flammable in itself, but like most things, it will catch fire under the right conditions. Sugar intake does not cause it. Some people eat cake for breakfast and drink Coke like water and never get it. Diabetes Type 1 is caused by the pancreas failure to produce enough insulin to balance sugar intake; in Type 2 the cells resist using insulin produced by the pancreas. Type 2 hinges on the genes. It runs in my family.
    Last edited by cindyt; 05-21-2018 at 08:17 AM.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

All this is well is word from Yahoo News as they not only are at war with the Coca-Cola company but they get money from Red Bull energy drinks. They ( Yahoo ) probably saw some Coke ads with the Nelsons and presto..Rick had diabetes !!
    Last edited by choff; 05-21-2018 at 02:32 PM.